Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children hair color can't change

When I go into CAS to edit a kid that just aged up (or a toddler) I try to change the hair color, but only certain hairs allow the hair color to be changed. I change the color on the hair that allows it, and then change it back to the hair style I want. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I feel like this may be a bug because I had the same issue with one of my sim kids.

She was already aged up though and it only happened once. Her hair just suddenly bugged out when I opened the game and kept switching to random colors no matter what I did in CAS. I ended up just changing her hair to another style and that fixed it.

The hair in question WAS custom content which may explain it, but it used to work fine.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    I feel like this may be a bug because I had the same issue with one of my sim kids.

She was already aged up though and it only happened once. Her hair just suddenly bugged out when I opened the game and kept switching to random colors no matter what I did in CAS. I ended up just changing her hair to another style and that fixed it.

The hair in question WAS custom content which may explain it, but it used to work fine.

I don't really take the time to download cc hair for toddlers and kids since I mainly play with young adults. The hairs that I have had this problem with have always been EA hairs.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It could still be a cc hair. Just having the file in your game could be causing the glitch. I only say this because my sims after this patch were making crazy distorted arm movements during romantic interactions like passionate kissing, and embracing. Their arms would twist up behind them and kind of stretch out.

So I did the 50/50 method with my mods, and it was none of them, so I moved on to my cc starting with CAS items and it turned out to be my set of finger nails that none of my sims were even wearing yet. I had had them for years and hadn’t put them on any sims in that save yet and they were set to not randomize. But they caused the glitch anyway.
  • Just_PeachyJust_Peachy Posts: 50 Member
    I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes I get it with the eyebrows, too. And the thing with the twisty arms.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    It could still be a cc hair. Just having the file in your game could be causing the glitch. I only say this because my sims after this patch were making crazy distorted arm movements during romantic interactions like passionate kissing, and embracing. Their arms would twist up behind them and kind of stretch out.

So I did the 50/50 method with my mods, and it was none of them, so I moved on to my cc starting with CAS items and it turned out to be my set of finger nails that none of my sims were even wearing yet. I had had them for years and hadn’t put them on any sims in that save yet and they were set to not randomize. But they caused the glitch anyway.

What is the 50/50 method?
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m seeing this too, and it’s EA hair as well. I’m only noticing it after the Sim ages up, it works fine if you take them back into CAS later on.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member

What is the 50/50 method?

take out half off cc then test if is ok then test other half.