Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Countdown Thread To EA Play 2020 (Cancelled)

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lyndsay isn't just over The Sims but Maxis...new products could mean something else concerning Maxis it doesn't have to be about TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Lyndsay isn't just over The Sims but Maxis...new products could mean something else concerning Maxis it doesn't have to be about TS4.

Yes but they said specifically that wouldn't be announcing anything Sims related so if they're not it's not going to be anything we enjoy most likely I was never much of a SimCity kind of person and I really didn't like spore all that much
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Lyndsay is the General Manager of The Sims and she doesn't work on other games.

The General Manager of Maxis is SimGuruGMJoe.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Nothing new to look forward to.
    elelunicy wrote: »

I thought Lyndsay was promoted to Lucy Bradshaw's position and not just Rachel's position. Meaning Lyndsay was over the entire operations of Maxis. Rachel was just over The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

I thought Lyndsay was promoted to Lucy Bradshaw's position and not just Rachel's position. Meaning Lyndsay was over the entire operations of Maxis. Rachel was just over The Sims.

Nope Rachel took over Lucy Bradshaw's position (Vice President & General Manager of Maxis) when Lucy left. SimGuruGMJoe took Rachel’s position after she left.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited June 2020

Nope Rachel took over Lucy Bradshaw's position (Vice President & General Manager of Maxis) when Lucy left. SimGuruGMJoe took Rachel’s position after she left.

Isn't that what I said. Lyndsay is over the entire operations of Maxis, GMJoe is over The Sims. Didn't I say that? Lyndsay over entire Maxis. (Lucy Brandshaw's position). ETA: Ladder rungs were the following in who was whose bosses. It was Lucy, then Rachel then Lyndsay. Didn't Lyndsay get promoted to the top? because Lucy was Rachel's boss not the other way around.

ETA: Maxis: Vice President, General Manager, Creative Director. Those were the three positions. As Lucy then Rachel left I thought Lyndsay was promoted from CD to GM to VP. Three positions not one. And why I stated why if Lyndsay is going to present something or say something at EA Play it doesn't have to be about TS4.
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Isn't that what I said. Lyndsay is over the entire operations of Maxis, GMJoe is over The Sims. Didn't I say that? Lyndsay over entire Maxis. (Lucy Brandshaw's position). ETA: Ladder rungs were the following in who was whose bosses. It was Lucy, then Rachel then Lyndsay. Didn't Lyndsay get promoted to the top? because Lucy was Rachel's boss not the other way around.

ETA: Maxis: Vice President, General Manager, Creative Director. Those were the three positions. As Lucy then Rachel left I thought Lyndsay was promoted from CD to GM to VP. Three positions not one. And why I stated why if Lyndsay is going to present something or say something at EA Play it doesn't have to be about TS4.

Nope read what I said again. The position “Vice President & General Manager of Maxis” went from Lucy to Rachel and then to GMJoe.

Lyndsay meanwhile is the GM of The Sims, a completely different position.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member

It said nothing Sims related not just Sims 4.

OK, but if Lyndsay is just GM of The Sims and not Senior VP of Maxis, then why even go? It's odd she isn't Senior VP of Maxis since that was the position of Lucy Bradshaw and Rachel was GM. It's starting to confuse me since both left and she was promoted. Rachel held both positions for a very short while so not sure what is happening over at Maxis or this game. I read Maxis is part of World Studios now, or maybe that was a different company that isn't about games.

OK, but if Lyndsay is just GM of The Sims and not Senior VP of Maxis, then why even go? It's odd she isn't Senior VP of Maxis since that was the position of Lucy Bradshaw and Rachel was GM. It's starting to confuse me since both left and she was promoted. Rachel held both positions for a very short while so not sure what is happening over at Maxis or this game. I read Maxis is part of World Studios now, or maybe that was a different company that isn't about games.

yeah I think we're all pretty confused about why they're going there if they're not going to talk about their game it is after all a game stream where people will expect gaming news and they're not going to give any yeah I'm a little lost
    yeah I think we're all pretty confused about why they're going there if they're not going to talk about their game it is after all a game stream where people will expect gaming news and they're not going to give any yeah I'm a little lost

They’re not going anywhere. Lyndsay will just pop up in the stream while she’s in her living room.

qidpmcvgek8y.png

They’re not going anywhere. Lyndsay will just pop up in the stream while she’s in her living room.

Yeah, because CA is still shut down in a lot of areas. But why bother was my question if she has nothing to say about The Sims. I don't get it. Not even a rehash of the packs that are released such as EL or DU or whatever. No mention...weird.

Yeah, because CA is still shut down in a lot of areas. But why bother was my question if she has nothing to say about The Sims. I don't get it. Not even a rehash of the packs that are released such as EL or DU or whatever. No mention...weird.

I agree
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2020

I agree, if they are going to have a pointless speech about how the sims4 is selling millions of copies or how proud they are of their community, then they should not bother. I want to hear from studios who are actually making new things.
  • GlitteringSkittlesGlitteringSkittles Posts: 38 Member

Oh! So your saying there might be something afterall?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    She will probably just say that they have just released the Eco Lifestyle pack and that they are very excited about the next packs they are currently working on.

''I am so excited about the knitting SP coming later this summer, and we are also working on a new GP which we cannot wait to show you!''

It probably will be something like that.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    She will probably just say that they have just released the Eco Lifestyle pack and that they are very excited about the next packs they are currently working on.

''I am so excited about the knitting SP coming later this summer, and we are also working on a new GP which we cannot wait to show you!''

Yeah, because what is the point of Maxis going to EA Play (or streaming etc.) if they have nothing at all to say.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I hope that doesn't effect releases.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2020
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Yeah, because what is the point of Maxis going to EA Play (or streaming etc.) if they have nothing at all to say.

The point is likely that they will have a captive audience of fans of other EA titles who all by definition

1. Have gaming capacity (console/PC) already
    2. Like games
    3. Are probably, like the rest of the world, experiencing more downtime lately and have time to try new hobbies or games

And this is a good chance to try to convince those people that The Sims is a fun interesting game. For the purposes of selling to them. Because selling video games is the purpose of the event.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2020
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    Would be nice to hear something about Dragon Age 4, which at this point is like TES VI (teased, but not fully announced) bordering on Final Fantasy XVI (no teaser, no announcement...)
    I wish they'd atleast announce a Summer Pack Update Tomorrow coming in July with more pool items. I can only dream though.
  • hotpinkkt_24hotpinkkt_24 Posts: 7 New Member
    I find it odd that Lyndsay is speaking but nothing new for the Ts4 is going to spoken about. They said that nothing NEW will be spoken about. They might show a trailer for the knitting pack maybe, especially since the last blog post mentioned they were getting close to the end of production. Idk, I'm sure they'll talk about something Sims related, whether it be a patch, or the new knitting pack.
    I find it odd that Lyndsay is speaking but nothing new for the Ts4 is going to spoken about. They said that nothing NEW will be spoken about. They might show a trailer for the knitting pack maybe, especially since the last blog post mentioned they were getting close to the end of production. Idk, I'm sure they'll talk about something Sims related, whether it be a patch, or the new knitting pack.

Now a trailer and release date for Nifty Knitting would make me happy.