Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi hi I'm still here. Sorry my week had been crazy. I swear it doesn't let up. I've already put 37 hours in and it's only Thursday.

However my boss gave me tomorrow off so that's a positive. I plan to read and hopefully catch up on some stuff this weekend.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ajamkeevin

Episode 7
    We get a peek into a lot of the relationships between the housemates this episode, instead of high-stakes drama. Do you like the more laid-back vibe of this episode?
    I think this laid back vibe was much needed. :) The last episode was full on with guests, drama, almost catfights in the ladies room and Charlee giving her last hurrah. There was a lot to keep up with and a lot to process for both readers and contestants. It’s good that they have some winding down time to reflect on what went down the previous episode. Enzo definitely needed it, Jessie, so did Marjan and to some extent Matthison. I quite like that you’ve decided to go along a slow pace while shifting the focus to contestants that weren’t hogging the limelight. There was a lot of Louise, Gabriel, Enzo and Jessie. These contestants aren’t like Charlee or Marjan or Enca who’re big personalities. So I kind of get why the vibe slowed down.

I know the challenge was kind of boring, but did you like pictures/ads?
    I’ve always loved Modelling challenges! I didn’t think it was boring. I loved the ads and pictures. Man those are some lovely lovely poses! I’ve decided I need your cc list or creator recommendations.

Matthison has some competition! What do you think of Louise revealing her crush to Gabriel?
    I don’t see Matthison’s competition anywhere. :sweat_smile: They’re still the power couple of this Season. Louise’s crush was a huge surprise to me because if there were clues sprinkled here and there that she liked Gabriel I must’ve missed it entirely. She must’ve kept it tight to her chest. I don’t remember any significant interaction from them, nor did I focus on whether they’ve spent any time together throughout the season so I’m pretty neutral about the entire thing. I think Gabriel was being polite when he said he found her attractive. If he really did find her attractive, he’d at least flirt with her. I’m not buying the ‘its the age gap’ problem. Personally if Gabriel and Louise start spending time together and they do develop an attraction, I won’t be against it. I have nothing against large age gaps as long as they’re both consenting adults.

What did you think of Enca revealing a twist at the elimination ceremony?
    I’m glad she left by her own accord. If she let herself be eliminated, I’ll be sad. But she came to the decision on her own and I did love her speech. She left with a lot of respect and dignity. I’m sad to see her go, but I did think she wouldn’t make it only because she’s already successful and no way (in real life) will they allow her to take home the prize. Probably cause a nationwide protest if they did something like that. People like to root for the underdog. Nothing wrong with that. Just a pattern for reality tv. :)
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    So I've read up until the end already, so these episodes have been a while back. Anyone who hasn't read it all yet, just in case - don't read my comments this time around, since there's a chance of there being spoilers in it. Kthnx <3

Episode 6 + Charlee's Dream
    What did you think about the guests/challenge? Did you have a favorite guest? (Manon, Aurora, Qykoz, Patricio, and Dr. Kim were the guests.)
    I really liked how all of the guests had a personal connection to one of the contestants. I think my favourites were Patricio and Qykoz for the sheer amount of drama, but Dr. Kim being able to make Kyungri giggle also made me do a double-take. There’s something about those two together that is just hilarious, although I wonder if Dr. Kim would also like Kyungri if she wasn’t 99% plastic beauty.

What do you think about Jessie working with the producers to plan the challenge?
    It was a twist, that’s for sure! That was the second thing this episode that made me do a double-take. Jessie seems such a sweet flowers, just coasting along and being friendly to everyone, but that was really, really cunning and deviant. Colour me surprised. Colour me surprised indeed.

Were you satisfied with the elimination or did you want the eliminee to stay?
    HAHA. CIAO, CHARLEE. Oh hey. I think I said something similar about Patricio a while back…

Episode 7
    We get a peek into a lot of the relationships between the housemates this episode, instead of high-stakes drama. Do you like the more laid-back vibe of this episode?
    I do. Unwinding is important. So is processing. The last few episodes were very dramatic and cutthroat, and if there’s too much drama and too little downtime, people can get exhausted. We also got another look at everyone’s relationship with each other, and how it’s slowly changing over the course of the contest, and that is something you can always add more of for me!

Nothing boring about a good modelling challenge! Plus, it’s an excuse to play dress-up with the cast, and them getting their glam on is always a good thing. I’ve said this before, but as your story progresses, you’re getting better and better at picture taking, too!

Matthison has some competition! What do you think of Louise revealing her crush to Gabriel?
    It’s… well, it’s something. I don’t think they stand a chance of blowing Matthison out of the water – what those two have is pure gold in terms of attracting viewers – and I think you already know my bias towards Gabriel. He also doesn’t seem to be attracted to Louise as much as she is to him. Maybe they need to spend more time together for that "spark" to appear, but until then, I'm firmly in team #Matthison. :D

It made my jaw drop. For her to voluntarily step back is huge. It showed real strength of character as well as more grace than any of the eliminees so far have shown, except maybe China. I liked Enca a lot, despite her insistence on using fruit names in weird ways. She was a good influence on Harrison, too. I hope we’ll see her again sometime. =)
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I also read everything but I’m so lazy ;-; I just need a little time to get myself together and in front of my laptop to write my answers xD
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Skeilah Same. I think everyone has that in some way though. It's hard to get the motivation every day to sit down and think about these questions. I am having fun reading the stories though. :D

Episode 8 + Matthison's Paradise + Louise's Nightmare
    We're at an overseas destination! Do you like the change of setting?

It's fun! I liked the jungle maze-like adventure the candidates had to embark upon. They couldn't have done that in their old location.
    Did you like the challenge? Eight guests is a LOT, but do you think the pairings were good or at least fun to read about?

Absolutely. The pairings were so different from each other and they all that their own dynamics going. Lara was my favourite because she was freaking weird. 😂
    Marjan has been dropping hints here and there about her story, but what do you think of the introduction of Cielo into the mystery? Do you feel angry at Marjan for using her super-nomination power to place Enzo in the bottom, which led to his elimination?

Cielo's introduction made the whole thing more mysterious. It suddenly became so real. Up until it was just Marjan babbling and it could have been she was plain crazy but Cielo entering into the picture confirmed something was actually going on.

I wasn't angry with Marjan. I get why Enzo would be though. Marjan was messing with his place in the competition purely to keep her secrets. Having said that, we've seen all of Marjan's weird moments and Enzo has only experienced particular moments with Marjan. It seemed like he was friends with her and they were building a friendship and then she pulls something like this. I'd be angry too. Marjan did have to choose someone to leave though. I think anyone would have been after being super nominated. She couldn't win here.
    Two relationship questions: what do you think of Matthieu being jealous of Russ? And, do you think Louise should have kissed Branden?

I was so annoyed with Matthieu's jealousy. He has no right after him being the one who kept his relationship a secret from Harrison. Besides, Harrison has no prior relationship experience and is innocence himself. He has never given Matthieu a reason to doubt him where Matthieu can't say the same.

Louise should do whatever she feels like doing. Who am I to say who she should and shouldn't kiss? If she likes Branden, why not kiss him? It's not like she's together with anyone.
    Did you like the bonus episodes? The first revealed a few details about Matthison but was mostly just some good fun, as was the second one about Louise.

I'm honestly not a Matthison shipper. It's Matthieu's fault. 😂 I like Harrison but I think he deserved better. I loved the whole interview format though.

Louise's bonus chapter was so funny. Her sass was showing and I loved that. The revised cover cracked me up.
    edited September 2020
    @ajamkeevin

It was a nice change of scenery. I didn’t feel any particular need to change the scenery but I understand that it might be a little boring from a writing angle. I’d want to change the scenery myself haha.

Did you like the challenge? Eight guests is a LOT, but do you think the pairings were good or at least fun to read about?
    Oh boy I was quite glad I could keep up with them. I’m not great with names or faces but thankfully the interaction between them and their paired housemates were interesting enough that even though I don’t remember much of them or their physical attributes, their conversations and dynamics stood out so definitely it was fun for me to read about them.

Marjan has been dropping hints here and there about her story, but what do you think of the introduction of Cielo into the mystery? Do you feel angry at Marjan for using her super-nomination power to place Enzo in the bottom, which led to his elimination?
    It sounds like whoever that’s oppressing her has someone important on their hands and it seems they’re quite ruthless and serious about hurting the person so not really. It’s a little sad, but Enzo has a modelling contract lined up for him. Marjan is still stuck in her position.

Two relationship questions: what do you think of Matthieu being jealous of Russ? And, do you think Louise should have kissed Branden?
    Louise is a grown woman who can do whatever she wants so I don’t have any opinion on that. Matthieu’s jealousy is confusing. If he’s jealous he should talk to Harrison about it instead of stewing in it like a possessive person lol.

Did you like the bonus episodes? The first revealed a few details about Matthison but was mostly just some good fun, as was the second one about Louise.
    The bonus episodes were fun. I especially liked the change in format and the screenshots in Matthison’s interview. Some parts of their affection were a little full on for me. I cringed a bit. But maybe it’s because I just spent the entire Episode 8 thinking these two should lower it down a notch and try to show their housemates they’re more than just Matthison. Then this interview kinda cooks it up to the next level. They made some valid points that they’re doing this to increase the fan votes. But I’m sure fans want to see the other dimensions of them that they’ve not shown yet.
    Episode 9 + Enca's Choice
    Were you happy to see the eliminated contestants return and get the spotlight once again? What do you think of their interactions once they got back? (The various fights at the cocktail party, Enca forgiving Patricio, China and Gabriel, etc.)

I was hoping Enca would be the one to return as a candidate but it made sense she didn't considering she left off her own accord. It was nice to see everyone again and I loved the conversations that took place around the dinner table. It made for some good drama.

I felt good about Enca standing up for herself against Patricio and I even get forgiving him, but I don't think it was the smartest decision to try again. It has been so little time since they broke up. I don't really believe he's changed all that much.

I'm honestly kind of disgusted by Gabriel, him wanting to start where they left off. I'm glad China had more self-respect than that. Stop thinking with your parts and start actually thinking, Gabriel.
    The roast was long and kind of rough, but did you generally like it? Who was your favorite?

The roast was fun! I don't think I laughed a whole lot but Kyungri and China were great! They were made for this type of thing.
    Are you happy with the returning contestant, or do you wish someone else had returned?

I think China was indeed one of the better options to return. I'm fine with her coming back since Enca wasn't available anyway.
    Did the elimination shock you? How do you feel about who went home?

I wasn't surprised by the two characters in the bottom two, but you did surprise me by sending them both home! I was okay with it though. I didn't like Matthieu in the first place and I was pretty neutral towards Jessie.
    In Enca's bonus episode, she tries to come to terms with the fact that she wants to be with Patricio even though she knows it's risky. What did you think of the episode and of her choosing to follow her heart?

I don't have many opinions about other people's life choices. If she feels this is the right choice for her, she should absolutely get back together with him and see where it goes. If it was me though, I wouldn't have done it but Enca isn't me and I don't like her less for it. :)
    Yaaa, here's everything!

What did you think about the guests/challenge? Did you have a favorite guest? (Manon, Aurora, Qykoz, Patricio, and Dr. Kim were the guests.)
    I have nothing with Aurora and Patricio but I liked the other guests! The challenge was okay. I liked. The part where Charlee needed to be friendly xD but she failed horribly.

What do you think about Jessie working with the producers to plan the challenge?
    I didn’t knew that was possible xD Or did the producer team just ran out of ideas and asked the contestants if they had any? xD It’s very sneaky tho.

I hated Charlee so I’m happy that she’s gone.

What did you think about Charlee's bonus episode? Was it too risqué? :flushed:
    HAHAHAHAHAH WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED?! Jeeeeeez I hadn’t see this coming AT ALLLLL! I read everything with eyes wide open hhahaahaaahahha omg! For me personally it’s okay, because I read even weirder things than this, but I can imagine people bein thrown off by this xDDD

Episode 7
    Yeah, finally something to relax on :P I liked it.

The challenge wasn’t boring! I always like your pictures ^^ And the ads were awesome! The winners deserved to win.

Also didn’t see that coming to be honest xD Nobody can beat Matthison!

I thought it was a nice twist. Enca’s nice. I already figured that she was the one to leave but this is a nice way to leave the competition. Finally, no drama leaving.

Yeah, that was nice!

I think this challenges is on of my favourites. 8 guests is indeed a lot but I didn’t mind that. I liked Lara a lot. Made me think of myself xD From the moment I saw Branden together with Louise I was like ‘yep, those are going to end up kissing later on and Gabriel is going to get jelly’. A lot of pairs were very predictable.

She’s so weird about it…. I have no idea yet what this is about xD I do think Marjan was rude there, putting Enzo in the bottom. That’s just… no. I feel so sorry for Enzo.

I think it’s only natural to be jealous in this situation. Russ is totally into Harisson and Matthieu is having nothing of it, even if Harisson isn’t doing anything with it. I would also be jealous hehe.

They were okay. They didn’t stick as much in my head as the one from Charlee but I guess no other bonus episode will do better than that one xD

Were you happy to see the eliminated contestants return and get the spotlight once again? What do you think of their interactions once they got back? (The various fights at the cocktail party, Enca forgiving Patricio, China and Gabriel, etc.)
    Some of them, yes. Others (Charlee *cough*) not. I was not prepared for lots of drama and fights. If I was Enca, I would have drowned Patricio. I hope he’s not going to waste his chance. China is actually pretty sweet. She could just go to bed with Gabriel but she didn’t.

The roast was long and kind of rough, but did you generally like it? Who was your favorite?
    Harisson got me there xD I thought he would be gone after saying one word but he did goooood! I’m so proud of the boy.

Are you happy with the returning contestant, or do you wish someone else had returned?
    I think China deserves this. I’m happy for her, but I would’ve been happy with everything as long as it wasn’t Charlee.

NOOOOOO MATTHIEU! I’m sad.

In Enca's bonus episode, she tries to come to terms with the fact that she wants to be with Patricio even though she knows it's risky. What did you think of the episode and of her choosing to follow her heart?
    I think this episode was inspiring. It made me think about life for some reason. xD It was beautifully written for sure.

Technical + Writing
    I got rid of the regular nomination segments starting in Episode 6 since I thought they dragged on a little too long. Do you think this was a good choice or did you like this section?
    I didn’t have the feeling that I missed something, so whatever you got rid of, it doesn’t bother me xD

In Episode 8, I upped the visual quality of my game so the screenshots are sharper, and I gave a final glow-up to the headshots, icons, confessional images, etc. Is it noticeable?
    I didn’t really notice any change in quality to be honest, but that’s probably just me. You’re pictures were already on point from the beginning!

I switch up the writing style in the bonus episodes in order to give a different look into the characters' lives. Do you like this?
    Yeah, I liked it! It’s a little switch in my mind because it’s a different writing style, but they are all very good.

General + Arc 2 Story Questions
    I consider that each housemate has at least one major thing happening in their storylines in this section. What is your favorite storyline so far?
    That’s a difficult question… I liked Matthieu’s storyline a lot, so I guess I would choose his line as my favourite one.

Marjan has been slowly revealing vague details about what's really going on with her. What do you think of her character at this point?
    I HAVE NO IDEA! WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON IN HER HEAD? I do have a vague idea about her having a child or something, but I didn’t read further yet so I’m not sure if I’m going in the right direction. I see myself peeking in the other episodes to find out soon though. :P

Has your favorite character remained the same, or has it changed? Why?
    My favourite character is still Harisson. It will always be Harisson.
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Hey y’all! I’ve been having a blast reading through your answers. I’ll get to answerin’ tomorrow! I’ve had the craziest weekend.... :lol: let’s just say I played many roles, among them housekeeper, chef, host, plumber... but thankfully tomorrow I’ll have the time to breathe and actually sit in front of my computer.

Also, I’m actually relieved next week is a week off because I sense that it will be much appreciated :tongue: we can all take the time to rest up and catch up if we missed anything. (Unless y’all want to have something special, because I’m also game :flushed:)
    Technical + Writing
    I got rid of the regular nomination segments starting in Episode 6 since I thought they dragged on a little too long. Do you think this was a good choice or did you like this section?

I actually did notice that. I think the story flows much better and those parts are less repetitive!
    In Episode 8, I upped the visual quality of my game so the screenshots are sharper, and I gave a final glow-up to the headshots, icons, confessional images, etc. Is it noticeable?

Noticable? Not for me, sorry. I've never been bothered by your screenshots though. I think they've always looked good.
    I switch up the writing style in the bonus episodes in order to give a different look into the characters' lives. Do you like this?

Huge fan over here! It's a nice change of pace and you get a better insight into character's thoughts. You can also see it was nice for you to try a different writing style because it turned out so good.
    I liked it! A change of scenery is always good after a while, especially if it spices things up a little and/or provides new challenges to go along with the story.

I have to admit I had trouble focusing on all of them, much like I had issues with the cast in the beginning of the show. It’s hard to remember everyone and their personalities with that many people introduced at once, haha. That might just be me, though.

Can’t answer this one, because I’m all caught up, and anything I say could be spoilers. xD

I think Matthieu was being a bit of a hypocrite here, seeing how he was the one falling in love with Harrison while still being tied to a boyfriend. I actually really liked Louise and Branden together. They really felt like they clicked.

I did! Background information and a peek into our casts’s mind is always nice. It gave me some perspective about Louise that I previously didn’t have, too. In fact, Louise steadily kept growing on me during the show as a whole.

I’ve already mentioned this in my comments I believe, but I loved loved LOVED seeing China again. She has such an elegant personality and we saw way too little of her the first time around. Again I can’t say much because of possible spoilers, but China remains one of my favourites! Patricio can go fall into a ditch. Gently, but still.

It was hilarious. One of my favourite challenges, I think, because we’ve reached a point where we know the contestants well enough to be able to judge the roasts just as well as Enca. China, Harrison and… I think Kyungri were my favourites, if I’m remembering correctly. Especially China was wonderful during the entire episode.

Nope. Perfectly happy. <3

It came as a shocker all right, but it also made sense because otherwise, the total number of people would not have changed from last episode. It sure provided a nice bit of drama, though.

I… *sigh* Well. I already answered this one in my comments too, I believe, but GODDESS YOU DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT SLEAZEBALL OF A DUDE! And he better know that, too. If that is what Enca really wants, then that’s up to her, but… yeah. I strongly, strongly disapprove. xD

Technical + Writing
    I think this was a good choice. They sometimes confused me as I was trying to remember who nominated who and how that would affect everything, and that ended up pulling me out of the story a bit.

Yup. You’re steadily getting better at visuals over the entirety of your story. Very well done. ^^

Very much! It’s much more personal than the contest episodes, and less larger-than-life for the camera, if that’s the right way to put it. More intimate. Showing us the actual people behind the personas, so to speak. I like them a lot.

I’m having a really hard time answering these, since I’ve read up until the end already, and my opinions of everyone have changed drastically over the story. So, forgive me if I skip these until we get closer to the end, yeah? <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Also, my fellow freezer bunnies... it's @mercuryfoam 's birthday today. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    😱😱 Congrats!!🎉🎉
    edited September 2020
    @_sims_Yimi Oof I was hoping to slink away like a turtle.. 🐢 I'm too old for birthdays! :lol:
    @Duvelina, @Skeilah Thank you for your wishes! :blush:

@ajamkeevin
    Were you happy to see the eliminated contestants return and get the spotlight once again?
    It’s good to see them again definitely, especially Enca. The tension in the air was quite delicious when they first laid eyes on each other lol. I realised I actually forgot some of them, but their dialogue and screentime jogged my memory immediately. That being said I think one reason I was able to recall them so quickly and smoothly was because of last discussion where you asked us to find one word to associate with each contestants. So that, coupled with the description you used to describe the character, (I.e. Mitchell = timid) helped me make the connection quickly. :) I’m glad too because it meant my reading experience was smooth.

What do you think of their interactions once they got back? (The various fights at the cocktail party, Enca forgiving Patricio, China and Gabriel, etc.)
    Oh I wrote a long comment about this so here’s the part 2. I remember telling you how I hoped Charlee was purposefully riling up the others to find their weak spots. But turns out she was simply drunk so yeah, she deserved her very stunning defeat. I liked how Kyungri was silently observing everyone and taking notes like the winner she is. Ahh my girl <3 (Seriously amjkv I’m in love with Kyungri, can I steal her into my simuniverse? B2W is dark and all but Kyungri’s a winner. She’s automatically untouchable.) I thought Gabriel getting jealous was.. weird. He called her his sister, then China’s remark made him question his own evaluations entirely. Dude, you’re a decade and more older than Louise and with all your experience dating especially in an open one with multiple partners which requires a heck load of understanding about relationships, commitment, communication, and feelings, you couldn’t ascertain your own feelings towards Louise whether it was platonic love or romantic????? Bah. Sorry, but the moment he made that comment then decided he actually liked her romantically I’m just. >_> He’s gonna need to do more to convince me that he likes her and that it isn’t that he needs to taste every dang taco salad flavor in the world.

China’s and Kyungri’s were tasteful. They didn’t feel like personal attacks to me so they’re my favourites. I’m so glad China is back in the game. The eliminations definitely surprised me. I was expecting Jessie to go, not both. But I’m not too surprised by this outcome. It was only a matter of time before Matthieu went home. He lost his head in the game and he wasn’t making any impressions with the fans for awhile. Harrison at least makes an effort to talk to and make connections with the others. I’ve always liked Jessie because I found her relatable to me, but I have to agree with the others. Being nice is so underrated that it isn’t considered a personality, not just in reality tv shows but even in real life. A part of me is glad she’s gone because she’s too nice to be in a competition like this. She’s better off with Perry doing their humanitarian work. She’ll find it more fulfilling and rewarding.

First, I liked the episode because we get a peak into her headspace. I always love reading about strong woman and how they think. Everything about her is lovely, her confidence, her strong direction, her perserverance, her work ethics, and that she is her own cheerleader. I also liked that you pointed out that she is self-aware about the downside of being a celebrity and sensation in that she is being chipped away by the personas she embodied. Being the raw person that I am I would’ve liked to see that side explored more deeply because a strong person like Enca who’s been in the business since a young age would’ve gone through the grinder and back. But the pictures imply heavily what sort of support she utilised before so I understand. Enca’s chapter is pg and I want M haha! :lol:

I think I wrote in your comments what I think about her choosing to follow her heart so I’ll just do a quick recap. There’s nothing wrong with that. I still don’t think Patricio is right for her because talk is cheap and nothing has been shown to the readers that he’s pulling his weight. And that I’m hoping that a man with just as large a personality as her comes along and shows her what a true partner is. Or Patricio can step up his game and be that man but he’s imo light years away.

Technical + Writing
    My head is less buzzed with these latest chapters. I get brain fog from too much details so I’m definitely liking this change. That said, don’t take my word as a model because even among introverts, I’m an outlier scoring 100% on the i-scale when the norm is 50-70%.

So you said in your chapter! I must admit I started examining your screenshots after that haha. Yes I really liked that you made the change. I don’t like blurry images xD

Absolutely. It shows that you’re having fun with your story and injects your personality into your piece. It makes Kev and Gev you.

I consider that each housemate has at least one major thing happening in their storylines in this section. What is your favorite storyline so far?
    Oof.. I’m intrigued by Marjan but at the same time it’s been dragging on for awhile so I’m a little tired of it. To me it’s not even a slow reveal but simply a constant tease. I think if I were to be given a lap dance by her and this is her pace, the initial anticipation would’ve been gone eons ago and I’d have slept in the seat. Sorry this is the only analogy that comes to my mind at the moment. :sweat_smile:

So far I’m most intrigued by Charli because she doesn’t have a personal storyline, unless Gabriel+Louise's storyline includes her? (NOO I hope she has her own.) so that’s fresh as to what’s in store for her, and I’m interested to see Gabriel and Louise’s relationship pan out because based on the clues given, I don’t think Louise can handle an open relationship.

Marjan has been slowly revealing vague details about what's really going on with her. What do you think of her character at this point?
    ***Contain spoilers if not caught up until end of story***
    Uh… Her arc has been so slow that reading about her has become rather tiring. I think its sad and tragic that someone has her child as hostage, I would like to get to the bottom of the mystery. But until then I suppose I’ll have to put up with her airs. (A part of me did think that should I not have read her special feature, I’d probably be super intrigued by her storyline. But because I have, I know to some extent what’s coming and thus am not as invested in her current state since it doesn’t move the plot along. Otherwise I’d be more jumpy in my seat, so in no way do I mean I’m not interested, I simply spoilt it for myself xD )
    Still the same. I’m being serious. Can I have Enca and Kyungri make guest appearances in B2W S2? The reason? They’re both strong women with amazing personalities and excellent role models. I'm adding China to the list.

Do you have any predictions at this point? Did some of the ones from last time come true?
    I didn’t make any predictions from the last one. Uh.. any predictions. Gabriel and Louise are going to have a rocky ride with China in the picture. China and Kyungri will either clash or be very close. (Is China bi? Can they like, get together? :lol: ) Harrison is going to spiral, I’m not sure who’s available to pick him up now with Louise occupied and Jessie gone. Hope he gets himself together.

Do you have any questions for me or the characters? I'd love to do more confessional-style answers from my characters if you have any questions!
    Kyungri. We know you got your eye on the prize. Have you ever considered romance? How would you describe your relationship with Dr Kim? Did you pay someone a special visit in their apartment? :smirk:
    (Also. I’d like to kidnap you into my simUniverse. And Enca and China. Kthx)

Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    @mercuryfoam I read to the end of the story so I didn't get spoiled but you might want to put a spoiler warning on your answer to the Marjan question for other people reading it who haven't finished it. 😇
    @Duvelina
    Thanks for the heads up. Woahh.. I'm right? I was guessing a little there. Gotcha I'll do that!

Enca's character development for sure. I love how she came into her own and ended up making the smartest decision for herself, which was leaving the show.

I had my suspicions about what was really going on with her but nothing had been confirmed yet. I loved the moments where her actual personality shined through but the moments where she was acting ditzy weren't my favourite. It was my suspicions about her real storyline that kept me rooting for her because otherwise I don't think I would have cared as much.

My favourite character has consistently stayed the same. At first I had to get to know everyone and it was hard for me to connect to one character specifically, but ever since Enca started growing and opening up more, she was my favourite and she's stayed my favourite. Marjan was added to that favourites list later on though because her potential storyline intrigued me so much.
    Do you have any predictions at this point? Did some of the ones from last time come true?

I can't make any predictions because I'm all caught up and they would be spoilery. I looked back at my previous prediction and it made me laugh.
    My one prediction is that Marjan will crack and turn out to be a petty evil mastermind.

Yeaaah... Nope. I had no clue what I was talking about.
    Do you have any questions for me or the characters? I'd love to do more confessional-style answers from my characters if you have any questions!

Nope, no questions! Maybe when we get more towards the end of the story, but I find it hard to ask any now I'm all caught up.
    @mercuryfoam happy belated birthday! Hope you had a lovely and relaxing day. :blush:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm so sorry everyone. I've been super MIA. I'm going through a difficult time in my life and this past 2 weekends I honestly unplugged a lot to de-stress. I made plans to try and catch up twice and it didn't happen. :/

I'm still having issues with both of my games and honestly I'm feeling pretty burnt out so the last thing I want to do in the evenings after work is fix more problems.

I see we're at our catchup week and I'm hoping to work on @mercuryfoam's final questions and then @ajamkeevin's.

And happy happy birthday, @mercuryfoam! I hope you had/ have a beautiful day. All the freezer bunny love! :love:

(I really wish now we had a freezer bunny emoji!) :lol:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 I so get it! Please don't let this thread add any more stress to your life. If you don't manage to get around to doing some questions, I genuinely don't think anyone minds. It's all in good fun!
    Let's get to answering! Thanks @Duvelina for your thoughts, I really enjoyed reading them!

I like how you diversify the challenges! It never feels like you're reading the same thing again and I think that's a hard thing to do with a reality tv format. I don't think I had a favourite guest, but I liked seeing Manon because of the drama potential. How disappointing when she was completely supportive. 😂
    Awesome! Sometimes I feel self-conscious about the challenges because it's hard to come up with ones that are both a) fun and entertaining and b) easy to set up in the game, so I'm happy you like them so far! Manon is an interesting character and I totally agree that it was disappointing that she showed no jealousy or anything (in terms of the show! In real life I'd admire that restraint, haha), but I was happy she actually did hate Charlee and threw a drink on her in the bathroom... the sneaky drama ;)
    Surprising! I wouldn't have thought she'd do something like that because she's been so nice throughout the competition. I did expect some major fall-out from that because she did mess with people's lives here but we didn't really get that.
    Jessie was one of my first sims ever (hence why she looks so much like one of the sim presets in CAS that comes with the game - I kind of remember just taking that face and not editing it much, whoops), so I've used her a lot in my game and in other "fiction" (like that other reality show she mentions occasionally that I didn't write or screenshot, but did outline on my wiki because I'm obsessed with fleshing out irrelevant backstories like this :lol ), and she's always the "nice" one, so I loved giving her something a little more devious to do. Even though in the end she did apologize, haha. But she still got that challenge win and stayed for three more episodes, so it worked out for her~
    I didn't want this particular eliminee to go because they livened up the house but I was also at peace with it because no one liked them and it was getting tiring for everyone involved.
    Amen. She brought the drama and that was fun to watch, but if no one likes you on a nomination-based show like this, then you're out of luck. THOUGH it would have been fun to see her constantly in the bottom and dragged along for the drama. Can you imagine if Charlee had been in the bottom as much as Enca? :lol:
    What did you think about Charlee's bonus episode? Was it too risqué? :flushed:
    I'd say so, yes. I wasn't expecting such an out-there chapter because everything so far had been pretty aboveboard. It felt like a little much for me, personally.
    No worries! I know it was a little out there and different, I don't really write that sort of genre, but at the time that was originally published, I was sharing with some readers on a forum that wanted a little more risqué stuff... I didn't want to make K&GI have scenes THAT intense, so I just made a one-off bonus to surprise some of the readers that had wanted that (hence why the first two bonus episodes were a little more mature with the language). I haven't since :lol:

Episode 7
    I didn't notice it was too different from other episodes, actually. I liked it just as much as any other. Some beautiful pictures came out of the challenge this episode!
    Perfect! I had wondered if this occasional more laid-back approach was too boring, but I'm happy to read that it wasn't too noticeably different. And thank you! I loved doing the pictures in this episode.
    Just answered this. :D And I've already talked about my favourite in your blog comments. It helps that every sim is so beautiful. It makes for some great pictures.
    Yes, thank you! Side note, but I love reading your comments on my blog :) It's always interesting to see what readers think right after reading and I really enjoy seeing your comments pop up. They make me happy!
    I admired her for doing that. I'm very much like her that way. When I crush on someone, I always feel better for telling them and not letting it simmer for too long. It's good for the other person (and for me) to know what they're in for. Rejection sucks though. It makes you think whether it was even worth confessing. I'd always say yes to that afterwards because otherwise you wouldn't know the other person's feelings and keep that hope alive.
    Totally. I also admire her for doing that because for a long time I wasn't like that at all. I tended to hide my crushes because of insecurity and it really wasn't healthy. You're completely right when you say that it's good for both people to know that those feelings exist! In Louise's case, and since you've reached the latest episode I can say this, it's obvious that Gabriel wouldn't have noticed her feelings or would have taken ages to realize it if she hadn't said anything. Her confession directly led to them getting together! (Even if it wasn't right away, haha.)
    I was super surprised. Enca was my favourite and I was sad to see her go but I respect her decision. It was a hard, but smart one.
    I'm pleased that Enca is so liked here. When I wrote her quitting the competition, I felt sad because I loved her too, but I felt like she wasn't the kind of person to constantly put herself down because of her failures in a silly competition. So even though I think she could have made it farther (or even come back in Episode 9 after a short break to replenish her batteries), it seemed like a good spot to let her go from the show. (I see it as, if she could have had a whim to "Quit the show", it would have been there and I wanted to fulfill it :lol: )

It's fun! I liked the jungle maze-like adventure the candidates had to embark upon. They couldn't have done that in their old location.
    I liked it too! This was in the days before Island Paradise was a reality, so the setting is actually a mod that has Granite Falls made-over to look like a tropical resort. It was fun to switch to this setting!
    Absolutely. The pairings were so different from each other and they all that their own dynamics going. Lara was my favourite because she was freaking weird. 😂
    YESSS, haha. I'm cracking up at you calling Lara freaking weird, because she SO is. I loved writing her and still giggle when I read back. I'm happy you liked the pairings!
    Cielo's introduction made the whole thing more mysterious. It suddenly became so real. Up until it was just Marjan babbling and it could have been she was plain crazy but Cielo entering into the picture confirmed something was actually going on.

I wasn't angry with Marjan. I get why Enzo would be though. Marjan was messing with his place in the competition purely to keep her secrets. Having said that, we've seen all of Marjan's weird moments and Enzo has only experienced particular moments with Marjan. It seemed like he was friends with her and they were building a friendship and then she pulls something like this. I'd be angry too. Marjan did have to choose someone to leave though. I think anyone would have been after being super nominated. She couldn't win here.
    I had to giggle at "...it was just Marjan babbling", haha :lol: so true! Having Cielo (and to an extent, Aurora last episode with her cryptic command to Marjan at the end) really does make it real. Marjan confronting her is the first time we see her completely drop her mask. And your insight into the Enzo thing is so true! You're so on-point when you say that Enzo hasn't seen all of Marjan's development/spiraling like we have, and so he (and anyone else put in his position) would be justifiably angry. It made me sad that he was a victim of Marjan's increasingly dark storyline because I really liked having him around, but you're so right, Marjan couldn't possibly win in this situation and if it hadn't been Enzo, it would have been someone else...
    I was so annoyed with Matthieu's jealousy. He has no right after him being the one who kept his relationship a secret from Harrison. Besides, Harrison has no prior relationship experience and is innocence himself. He has never given Matthieu a reason to doubt him where Matthieu can't say the same.

Louise should do whatever she feels like doing. Who am I to say who she should and shouldn't kiss? If she likes Branden, why not kiss him? It's not like she's together with anyone.
    Ugh, YES. Matthieu's jealousy was a game thing, kind of. When Harrison was downstairs, Matthieu kept just standing there close to the window while the other contestants danced and had fun, and I interpreted this as jealousy. :P It annoyed me, too, because of the exact reasons you said. And Harrison even mentions being surprised in their Vista interview, because, of course he wouldn't be interested in someone else. This says a lot about the two of them.

Exactly. Louise can do whatever she wants. When she flirted with Branden in game so soon after I had written her confession to Gabriel, I was kind of surprised but also thought, "you go girl", haha. She's not here to wait for Gabriel or anyone, and Branden tbh treated her really well so I was happy to see the two actually kiss. (I actually am kind of salty I won't get to explore the Branden storyline further now that, well, you know where Loubriel are at, haha.)
    I'm honestly not a Matthison shipper. It's Matthieu's fault. 😂 I like Harrison but I think he deserved better. I loved the whole interview format though.

Louise's bonus chapter was so funny. Her sass was showing and I loved that. The revised cover cracked me up.
    I don't blame you :lol: Although I (obviously, haha) love Matthieu, he's borderline sketchy, so if I wasn't the creator of the Matthison relationship I'd probably also not like them together. Though I do think that Matthieu actually admitting to his jealousy during the interview was a healthy step since Harrison could outright say that there was absolutely nothing to be jealous about. And thank you! I loved writing this interview and making all the magazine covers and doing the photo spread, I was feeling my editor fantasy B) Doing the gossip magazine covers was especially fun, doing the fake "nude" editing on Matthison, the whole cover dedicated to Louise, the fact that "Gunoi!" means "Trash!" in Romanian... it was so much fun!

I was hoping Enca would be the one to return as a candidate but it made sense she didn't considering she left off her own accord. It was nice to see everyone again and I loved the conversations that took place around the dinner table. It made for some good drama.

I felt good about Enca standing up for herself against Patricio and I even get forgiving him, but I don't think it was the smartest decision to try again. It has been so little time since they broke up. I don't really believe he's changed all that much.

I'm honestly kind of disgusted by Gabriel, him wanting to start where they left off. I'm glad China had more self-respect than that. Stop thinking with your parts and start actually thinking, Gabriel.
    The drama around the dinner table fueled by those radioactive-looking cocktails was one of my favorite moments of the season. I mean, Charlee looking like a demon when confronting Louise had me in stitches! I also wanted Enca to return, but at that point China was somehow winning on the comeback poll, so instead of admitting that Enca lost that poll, I just had her willingly NOT be in the roast. She was so much better as a judge, anyway. That black widow lewk? Iconic.

I agree about your thoughts on both the Patricio thing and Gabriel. I guess that time will tell if Patricio has actually changed (the next time we'll see him is the finale! Place your bets :grimace: ), and Gabriel... yeah, he comes off a bit sleazy here. In my mind, it's because he's really shook up by Louise's confession and is dealing with it by... not dealing with it. Thank heavens China saw that and turned him down.
    The roast was fun! I don't think I laughed a whole lot but Kyungri and China were great! They were made for this type of thing.
    Thank you! Coming up with shady quips and even awkward insults trying to be clever for FOURTEEN characters was rough. Remind me not to do another roast challenge with as many contestant in the future :P I agree that Kyungri and China were made for this!
    I think China was indeed one of the better options to return. I'm fine with her coming back since Enca wasn't available anyway.
    I also wanted Enca, but since she was out of the running, I wanted China or Charlee to come back. China because she had so much more to show and I had so much planned for her initially (plans which were nipped in the bud because of her elimination, and that also didn't come to fruition upon her return because, well, you saw how she did after :flushed: ), and Charlee because, well. She's Charlee and I wanted to write more drama :sweat_smile:
    I wasn't surprised by the two characters in the bottom two, but you did surprise me by sending them both home! I was okay with it though. I didn't like Matthieu in the first place and I was pretty neutral towards Jessie.
    Fair. Matthieu had definitely reached the end of his arc on the show and he was kind of dragging along, and Jessie at this point had had her time in the spotlight, didn't do much with it, and had become a side-character in Louise's plot. Although her friendships with Lou, Enzo, and even Kyungri were so cute. I didn't want to eliminate both of them but I thought it was appropriate since they were close in the poll and I was more interested in writing the stories of the other 6 people left... sorry to Matthieu and Jessie.
    tenor.gif
    I don't have many opinions about other people's life choices. If she feels this is the right choice for her, she should absolutely get back together with him and see where it goes. If it was me though, I wouldn't have done it but Enca isn't me and I don't like her less for it. :)
    Really thoughtful answer! I really like admire this mindset; you wouldn't have made the choice she made but you're not her and you don't hold her choice against her. It's awesome, thank you for writing this thought out. Honestly, I wish more people were like this. Enca would be proud to be your friend!

Technical + Writing
    I actually did notice that. I think the story flows much better and those parts are less repetitive!
    That's exactly what I wanted to achieve! It's awesome to read that it worked, thank you!
    Noticeable? Not for me, sorry. I've never been bothered by your screenshots though. I think they've always looked good.
    No worries! It's not something I thought was toooooo noticeable anyway, even the changes I made to the promo pictures, confessionals, etc, were minor things that you'd only notice if you were as involved with the whole process as I am, haha. I'm a detail-oriented perfectionist so I'll never be fully happy with what I create, but I'm just happy you think that images have always looked good! Thank you.
    Huge fan over here! It's a nice change of pace and you get a better insight into character's thoughts. You can also see it was nice for you to try a different writing style because it turned out so good.
    Awesome, thank you! I'm always nervous to try out different styles and about branching out like this, so it's good to know you like it. It's a fun way to practice writing and reveal more details about characters.

Enca's character development for sure. I love how she came into her own and ended up making the smartest decision for herself, which was leaving the show.
    I feel so pleased that Enca's storyline turned out to be popular even though she wasn't the strongest competitor. I love her so seeing the good reception she's received is so awesome.
    I had my suspicions about what was really going on with her but nothing had been confirmed yet. I loved the moments where her actual personality shined through but the moments where she was acting ditzy weren't my favourite. It was my suspicions about her real storyline that kept me rooting for her because otherwise I don't think I would have cared as much.
    It's good to read that your suspicions kept you hanging in there! As you know now, Marjan's story turned out to be a season-long mystery, so I'm happy you hung in there rooting for her even through her unbearable moments of ditzy blabbing :P
    My favourite character has consistently stayed the same. At first I had to get to know everyone and it was hard for me to connect to one character specifically, but ever since Enca started growing and opening up more, she was my favourite and she's stayed my favourite. Marjan was added to that favourites list later on though because her potential storyline intrigued me so much.
    Two great characters, and ones that were the best to write! Aside from Kyungri and Harrison, Enca dominated the first half of the season in terms of the storyline, and Marjan definitely dominated the second half alongside Louise. Happy to read that they're your two favorites!
    I can't make any predictions because I'm all caught up and they would be spoilery. I looked back at my previous prediction and it made me laugh.
    My one prediction is that Marjan will crack and turn out to be a petty evil mastermind.

Yeaaah... Nope. I had no clue what I was talking about.
    I mean, back then this could have been an interesting turn for her character to take! Evil Marjan would be fascinating :P
    Nope, no questions! Maybe when we get more towards the end of the story, but I find it hard to ask any now I'm all caught up.
    No prob ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment back.♥

@AdamsEve1231 get all the rest and relaxation you can! I don't want you to feel like catching up with my story is homework or anything, no worries if you don't get to answering the discussion questions. I know you've read the story and you're so kind, commenting on my blog with your thoughts. If you're feeling burnt out, take all the time you need to rest up.♥

I'm kind of in the same boat recently; I've had a lot of frustrating visa appointments, unexpected family guests at my house, things breaking at the house... the list goes on. Like, just the other night, my toilet macerator and pump broke ( :no_mouth: ) (I live on a houseboat). And guess who fixed it? Ya boy ajmkv, living his plumber fantasy. B) And then, on Saturday the modem just stopped working, so I have to use my phone's internet. Which is why I'm only getting to answering y'all's thoughts now, so sorry for that! Good thing we have a catch-up week because I definitely need it.

Through all of this, I've really enjoyed looking at your thoughts on my story during the week, and I'm always happy to be part of this circle. Sometimes I stress, thinking about how behind I am on reading, answering, and especially during this week of discussing my own story, but at this point, several months into this circle with all you good people, I know you wouldn't want me to feel stressed about that. I feel so pleased to have this little haven of supportive discussion and motivation, it's been such a boon to my happiness and writing in the last several months. So thank you all :blush:

(Now let me get back to answering, ehehe.)
    @ajamkeevin I'm so glad that you think about it this way. And how cool that you live on a houseboat! How does that work? You're just in one spot all the time or do you move around?
    @AdamsEve1231 Thanks for the birthday wish. Don’t worry about it. Take everything slow and one at a time. No point rushing through and not enjoying yourself. Do what calms and relaxes you. It's so important to care for yourself before doing anything else.

@ajamkeevin Thank you, I did have a good day. c: And oof this is a new week so everything will go smoothly again for you. :) I totally feel you on the visa part :pensive: All these obstacles will pass for you so do take it easy on yourself. Wishing you all the best! And Duvie is right. Your home is intriguing.