Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hiya reading circle friends, thanks for those of you who have been answering questions. I've had a crazy week at work. I'm following along and you'll get some replies soon.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @AdamsEve1231

Okay, I've caught up as much as I can this week! I'm still not as far as I want to be, but just in case, here's the first 3 arcs:

Arc 8
    How do you feel about Kass' mental state? Do you think it's believable?
    I think she’s a very young woman that has a tendency of taking other people’s worries as her own. She’s also understandably freaked out about EXCES as well as suspicious of her mother’s new beau AND crushing hard on her own love interest. That’s a combination that can get understandably stressful.

What is your impression of Madison?
    We haven’t seen that much of her, but it does make me wonder what’s going on. I did have to raise my eyebrows at Kass first worrying so much that someone would see her and know her private business, and then just blatantly announcing her presence to someone else and waltzing into their hospital room. xD

What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    I like it. Seeing townies is fun – I do it in my own story, too. Yours are the more fleshed out townies, though! I like how you’ve given them detailed lives and roles in your story.

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    Where she was stood up, leered at, wooed with chumcha, flirted with and invited to a cha-cha night? It was eventful, that’s for sure! The man at her house was the scariest one of the bunch, though. It’s annoying when they follow you around in public – but once people have your address, it goes from annoying to scary real fast. I hope we’ll see more like that mystery conversation in the future, though I cannot help but wonder what they would possibly want with Kass.

Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?
    It just dawned on me that he may be gunning for Kass’s grandparent’s fortune, and not so much Kass’s mother. Or perhaps there is something else there that he wants.

Arc 9
    What are your thoughts about Gage and Kass' friendship at this point?
    It definitely seems what’s comfortable and familiar to Kass. And if that’s all it is to her, then that’s all right – but Gage wants more, and she knows he wants more. She also knows she does not feel that way about him. And yet she keeps stringing him along, not giving him a clear answer, probably out of fear of losing their friendship. That’s not good for either of them. And if/when she does end up rejecting him for Davis, or anyone else, it’ll just hurt Gage all the more.

Were you surprised by the 'item' Kass found in her mamma's room?
    Yes. I can see it happening with Clark being as shady as he is, but I did not expect Kass’s mother to actually know about it and approve of it. He’s either told her exactly who he is and he has a legitimate reason for acting the way he does, or he’s got her wrapped around his finger in the worst way. Something tells me it’s that second one.

How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    Carina and Andi seemed like normal sister bickering, though it’s sad that Carina keeps being shut out of everything. But Amy and Kass was not okay. Not only is she hypocritical, but grounding for a week while knowing Gage as her best friend and both of them saying nothing happened speaks of a pretty big sense of distrust. Which is ironic, seeing how she used Kass as a way of dealing with her sisters earlier in the story, by turning her into a mediator. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t turn your kid into an adult for your own problems and then not trust them with adult matters, especially after they turn 18.

Did you like the 'memory lane' chapter with some backstory on the girls?
    I do! It provided a little extra background information. I enjoyed reading it.

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool?
    Nonna seems a bit old-fashioned, haha. Their relationship is very warm and genuine, though. I did NOT see that surprise coming at all. Was that really the game throwing a curveball at you?! xD

Arc 10
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    “Oh, look. Mr. stand-me-up is back. He better have a pretty darn good excuse for ignoring her the way he- wait. They never exchanged phone numbers? He can’t even reach her? LAL. Yeah, okay. I forgive you. That is hilarious.” < was my train of thought, basically. xD

Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?
    I thought it was enough, actually. Especially with them not actually having each other’s contact information. It’s hilarious enough for me to instantly forgive him. He better not do it again though – now that he has her number and all.

Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response.
    #TeamDavis all the way. Kass is clearly not attracted to Gage, but she keeps stringing the poor guy along. I’m actually a little angry at her over it. And I feel like it should be #neither until she clearly chooses one and rejects the other – and the rejection HAS TO COME FIRST, KASS. HELLO? KASS?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Also @Skeilah , I love how your simself is wearing a freezer bunny sweater now <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Arc 11
    I introduce more 'politics' in these chapters. Do you feel they add to the story or take away?

I love the entirety of your worldbuilding. Everything you add to it makes it seem so real. It's honestly my favourite aspect of your story, so I'd say it definitely added to it.
    Did you enjoy Kass' late night rendezvous at the Jolt with a certain someone?

I started to like this certain someone more. He's so gallant and chivalrous. Aside from the standing up, I think he's being a real gentleman and worthy of Kass.
    What are your thoughts about the 'surprise visitor' Kass found at her home?

At the time I only read an arc a day so I remember anticipating the next day to find out who this visitor was. I think it is creepy how sims randomly stand outside Kass' house but it does make for some great storytelling.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Also @Skeilah , I love how your simself is wearing a freezer bunny sweater now <3

Thankyouuuuu <3
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    What do you all think about the newly announced Star Wars pack? I don't see how I could use it in my story now, but it might be interesting for future storytelling. I don't think it'll be very well-integrated with the rest of the packs though.
    ... There's a star wars pack? :|
    Hang on. Back in five minutes. XD
    J6AKQqX.jpg

You missed it?! The game pack announcement was yesterday. The forum is full of Batuu threads. 😂
    Duvelina wrote: »

You missed it?! The game pack announcement was yesterday. The forum is full of Batuu threads. 😂

I just watched the trailer. And I just. I can't even. A star wars pack? For real? But... why? Also, does that mean we can now use the force to throw people around? Because that would save me a LOT of time posing Emrys throwing people around. :lol:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Duvelina wrote: »

I just watched the trailer. And I just. I can't even. A star wars pack? For real? But... why? Also, does that mean we can now use the force to throw people around? Because that would save me a LOT of time posing Emrys throwing people around. :lol:

Yeah... there's a huge outrage on the forum and twitter. The trailer has more dislikes than likes at this point.

More info about the pack here:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/game-packs/the-sims-4-star-wars-journey-to-batuu
    At some point EA has got to realize that it's better to actually give people the things they want, no? Was anyone gunning for a star wars pack? Anyone at all? What do you think about it, Duvie? Maybe we can use it in tandem with the aliens and Sixam from Get to Work? Though these two also kinda don't match... it's just so ridiculously out of left field 0.o
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    At some point EA has got to realize that it's better to actually give people the things they want, no? Was anyone gunning for a star wars pack? Anyone at all? What do you think about it, Duvie? Maybe we can use it in tandem with the aliens and Sixam from Get to Work? Though these two also kinda don't match... it's just so ridiculously out of left field 0.o

You're right. I also saw a poll from a third party website with a bunch of subjects and Star Wars came dead last. I don't know what they're thinking. EA probably has a lucrative deal with Disney.
    A good friend of mine from school told me earlier today that the new game pack was Star Wars. I was so looking forward to the new pack but I can do nothing with Star wars? 😂😂 I’m mad.

Also I have a simself from that same friend and he was like “Skeilah, you gotta make me fight with you, I wanna know who wins that fight!”. Not gonna happen friend. Not gonna happen.
    What about more stuff for kids and elders? Farming? More animals? Driveable cars? Memories? Needs and wants? heck, a story progression so the town doesn't become an empty husk filled with random game-generated NPC's? :weary:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    @Skeilah that Freezer Bunny sweater is AWESOME! I squealed. I want one!!♥

I think the Star Wars pack is... ugh. Like, I'm happy that some people are happy with it, but I agree with @_sims_Yimi that things like cars, memories, and STORY PROGRESSION GOOD GOD PLEASE would be much more welcome than... Star Wars. I read somewhere that the dev team is putting out this pack because their rights to the Star Wars intellectual property are expiring soon and they wanted to cash in on it before it was too late, and, sure, I get it. BUT PLEASE, for the love of Shaman Unnie, can we get something we actually have been clamoring for next time? I just can't believe we're getting spaceships BEFORE functional cars.

I will say, though, that some of the decor and fashion items look awesome, and if I ever get this pack I'll definitely be using them.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2020
    Ok so... I'm going to try and put my positives first than negatives because I'm one of those who did not ask for this.

Positives for me
    1. sword fight animations (YAS)
    2. Grunge looking objects with possible lighting effects to convert to cyberpunk or steampunk looks (YAS)
    3. Tough looking female han solo outfit.
    4. Futuristic decor
    4. Holographic boards
    5. Bunkers

Negatives
    1. There are a lot of CAS items and masks my sims will never touch.
    2. I was excited about the starships, but i dont think we can go inside them. Or control them since we don't even have cars.
    3. The recycled door frame from Jungle pack makes me wonder what else is recycled.

Conclusion: I'm all for futuristic themes but I rather an 'Into the Future' pack like sims 3 than StarWars. If I get this it's only for build items and new animations. Which to be fair.. I could get those with mods.. :neutral:
    ajamkeevin wrote: »
    @Skeilah that Freezer Bunny sweater is AWESOME! I squealed. I want one!!♥

It's a CC Hoodie Dress, actually :P I found it on The Sims Resource, but I don't have the link anymore :# I just typed 'Freezer Bunny Hoodie' or something, I think xD

---

I still have other packs to buy and my preferences go to other packs than Star Wars. Maybe sometime, but definitely not soon.
    I met Senior Pollination Technician #3 in my game today B) That felt like an achievement.
    edited August 2020
    I was super excited about Star Wars and Sims and Iove the concept... and then I realized it's an uber niche pack with (most likely) zero replayability. It would be fun for a short side story but.... it doesn't fit in my current games. Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. :D And right now it's fictional on Simterra. This would blow their minds out of the water. It would almost be better as a separate game because it won't integrate well with my current established worldbuilding. :confused: Still there are some really cool items and gameplay and potential for an interesting story. So all in all, I'm 50-50-ish? :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

Also. This. ^^^ :D

Now that I've gotta see! Haha.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Thank you everyone for your answers. It makes me happy to read your thoughts. :)

Arc 8

@Duvelina
    What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    I love love love this part of your story. It was so cool to see all of these familiar Sunset Valley townies show up. I like a lot of them. I think dr. Bachelor is my favourite. I don't mind you giving your own spin on the townies' stories. The only time I felt mildly uncomfortable was later on in the story with the Goth family because I've only seen them portrayed so differently. Cassandra for example is known for being super shy and your Cassandra was definitely not shy.

I didn't play TS2 until long after I started playing TS3. I didn't know much about the pre-mades when I first played Kass' story. Also, Cassandra and Alexander Goth are missing from the TS3 gameplay, and Mortimer is just a little kid in Sunset Valley. So I aged him up and gave him a makeover for my story (and then I did it again for La Vita Bella). Cassandra was really outgoing and sarcastic in my game, especially when chatting with Kass, and Alex was a bit of a playboy. I was intentional about Mortimer's persona based on who and what he is before/after KCLKF. I ended up reading a lot of the lore/stories around their characters later and thinking huh? My characters manifested very differently. Haha. It is what it is.

Dr. Bachelor is one of my faves too. :blush:

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? What about Kass' first day of her internship?
    Kass' night at the Java Jolt was a disappointment turned mildly amusing. I felt so sad when Davis didn't show up but I'm glad Kass managed to turn it around a little by learning a new recipe. She made the best of a terrible situation. And wow, Kass' first day at her internship was a mess. It happens to the best of us though. She'll learn to be better at her job with time and to not fight with people in her building.

This is a really good response. Most people had gut reactions one way or the other, but I like how you noticed the positives of both events and realized that bad work days do happen.

I really wasn't sure what to think of him and didn't like him.
    Understandable. And that was the point.

@Skeilah
    There's certainly a lot going on in her head and I think for some parts that more girls (or even guys) have these kind of problems going on in their head. She struggles a lot with a lot of problems but can't seem to put the pieces into place by herself. She really needs someone to talk to but she doesn't want to take that turn yet. That's a huge step of course, but I hope she takes it eventually.

Kass does need someone she can talk to, and unfortunately for her, there does not seem to be many stable folks in her life where she can safely open up without judgment or fear of repercussions. She will have moments later in the story with others though. I based much of Kass' experience here (granted I was juggling different problems) on my late teens/early adulthood where I struggled to find people I can share my issues with and ask for advice/get the support I needed.

What did you think about the introduction and incorporation of townies? (i.e. Dr. Bachelor, Abe Finkel, Ansel Erickson, Bert Alto, Morgana Wolff?) Do you like/dislike the other characters? If you've played other Sims games or even read some lore, you'll know certain characters have 'different' stories in mine than in the original gameplay. Do you mind?
    For me personally, those are all just names. I don't know the names from the game because I never really payed attention to townies until Brent Hecking came into my own game xD I don't dislike the characters but I just don't know them, so I can be like 'who's that?', but I think you did a good job at introducing them all a little bit so I don't keep reading with that thought.

I'm obsessed with giving all my characters back stories, even the seemingly trivial and side characters. It's probably why my stories end up so plumming long (and yes, I just used plumming intentionally). :D I think it helps me understand each of the characters' motivations, values, personalities, and decisions. Of course, some, if not most of these characters listed above, play important roles in the plot later on.

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?
    While I was reading, I literally said in myself 'whoa, that's some next level being in the wrong place at the wrong time' with all those guys coming to her when she really didn't want that. The texting-bit was weird. It got me by surprise. Who's he working for???? Clark? xD
    I have no idea but I started thinking he's spying on the girl by other people (for example that Ian-guy, I think more sneaky people will follow). But then again, I can be totally wrong xD

Haha. Ansel is mostly harmless. The other guy was... well is... important to the plot later. But much much later. Interesting theory about Ian. :grin:

@mercuryfoam
    Kass has got so much happening in her life that she’s always thinking of something. Never having a proper moment for herself. Imo in the whole of Arc 8 she’s always on the run to the next big event and from each event she accumulates more and more questions so it’s no wonder that she’s stressed out, spent and late for her first day of internship. :sweat_smile: The events and your detailed writing of the suspicion, confusion, fear and moods that affect her are very believable.
    Thank you for this response. It actually explains much of what I was trying to capture in story, but I'm not always sure it comes across the way I intend. She is overwhelmed with many things in her life, and doesn't know or understand how to process everything in a healthy way. And you're absolutely right that she's accumulating more questions and not enough answers.

Madison and Kass aren’t close, and Madison felt like a very private or reserved person, or since she’s in an unhealthy relationship, she could simply be withdrawn and her personality subdued. With the way she kept asking for Gage without telling Kass anything, she’s definitely more comfortable around Gage. She got Gage’s number so I’m wondering why she needed Kass to organise a hangout for all of them. Maybe she’s the kind that are assertive around others but shy to make a move with her crush? I guess I’ll find out during their hang out.

Madison was ahead of Kass by a grade in school and she knows/and has lived with Ayesha for a bit. She also has a bit of a crush on Gage, and she's shy about it which is why she asked Kass to organize something. Interesting insights about Madison's personality.

Kass definitely had quite a night. There was a lot going on. Stood up, meeting Zelda, Abe, information about Madison and Gage, getting hit on by drunkards, meeting Ansel, knowing about Bella, and finally Ian Bowler and his mystery boss. For me it was hard to process everything because I was getting to know a lot of new characters in one setting. I’m sure it’ll all be relevant later but wow. I’m assuming Kass felt the same too since she slept in after. I would describe her night as… eventful and interesting but tiring, creepy, weird, and disappointing because of Davis. I don’t think she viewed any of that night’s events positively either.

It was meant to be overwhelming as it is for Kass, but good to know. I think one thing I regret about this rewrite is that I bit off more than I could chew. I had so many things going on at once and it definitely made for good drama, but lengthened the story, and made things confusing at times. :grimace: I can tell you this that most of these characters will be important later in the story, with a few exceptions.
    Her first day is just as dramatic. I was surprised that Morgana felt she needed to confront Kass because of what Kass saw.. which to me was nothing. But I suppose if you’re famous, any little thing you do can be misconstrued and she didn’t want that. She must bribe a lot of people lol. That won’t be the end of it though, I’m pretty confident Morgana will speak to her again.
    Morgana is an interesting character in game. I have a mod that enhances conversations in game, and she immediately shared a deep, dark secret with Kass shortly after meeting her, and then argued with Kass about something. And I believe the game randomly assigned her the Inappropriate trait because she was missing one. :lol: Yeah, Morgana is something else. Haha. Also it's a bit of an open secret that Bert Alto is a cheater.

Erm.. I don’t have much predictions of him. I think I told you in comments that I think everything is connected, Clark, her dad, Ian. Yeah. That’s as far as I am in that area.

Err... everything is connected. :wink: I'm obsessed with interconnections and interweaving plots. I think I manage to wrap up almost all the loose ends later, but... not all. It might be awhile before you get answers. Hopefully it doesn't irritate you too much.

I'll get to other answers later. Off my lunch and back to work. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Arc 12
    Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?
    It wasn’t horrible, but I think you can still improve in writing action sequences. Sometimes it’s a little confusing because the first moment this is happening and then that is happening, … I had to read twice sometimes because I didn’t really get it, but maybe that’s just me. Sometimes I even skipped a ‘confusing’ part but luckily for me the confusing parts were always explained later, so I always got back my attention. You’re writing is still strong, very strong, but I lost focus on some parts where I had the feeling too much was happening at the same time.

How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?
    Aaaaargh, I hate how good he is. I see #TeamGage flowing away in the river…

Any guesses as to who was at Kass' home or why?
    I have literally no idea anymore. What a joke would it be if it was Gage? xDDDD I hope it’s just some random dude.

Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?
    I liked the interlude. I didn’t get much of an impression on Amy, besides that she reminds me of my own mom when I was younger (and that’s not a good thing). I just hope she gets herself together like my mom did, but that could take YEARS. With the wisedom I have now, I actually feel sorry for Amy, but I don’t know the rest of her story, just a little, little bit.

How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).
    Simply put: not good. I had a moment like this with my brother and my mom, and we just went out to our aunt because I knew mom was going to search us at dad’s home. At that time I was so tired of my mom and I get the feeling that the exact same thing is happening with the three girls. They’re tired of the continuous yelling, the continuous grounding, … I don’t know what went on in my mom’s head and I also don’t know what’s happening in Amy’s head, but I hope she’ll be alright.

General Questions
    What do you think of the story so far? What things do you like or dislike and why?
    In my eyes, the story is only getting better and better. I like the mysteries and how Kass deals with everything. I still dislike Davis but I don’t really know why because he’s so sweet now and I just can’t deal with it.

Has your opinion/impression about Kass or any of the characters changed (for better or worse) based on where you are in the story?
    Ah okay, Davis has gained some plus-points, must admit. I also have more respect for Cari. I still want to find out what Clark’s all about and how Amy will be.

If you could give Kass one piece of advice (for any of the things she's facing), what would it be?
    If you wanna talk to someone, I’m here for you. Just jump out of that game and ring the door. Something like that, yeah.

Okay okay, some real advice: The things you’ll remember in 10 years aren’t the color of that dress you wore on a date, it will be the friends and relationships that you build. Take good care of those things. Spend time with nonna and nonno. Once they’re gone, they’re really gone. Talk to them and let them give you some wisedom.

A couple times I used pictures that were otherwise 'ruined' story-wise and had to come up with odd explanations (i.e. Kass 'greying' out at the doctor's office in 1.13, her dream sequence with Gage in 1.15, the kitchen scenes in 1.21). Did you like these or did they annoy you?
    Ehhhhhh, I don’t think I liked or disliked those things :P They just all felt like a part of the story.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 More to come! I'm slow this week but I definitely have more time this weekend :)
    Arc 9
    I like how gage dispelled Kass’s feelings of awkwardness. They’re both acting natural around each other and positive too. We started at the very beginning of the story with Kass and Gage fighting so this is a nice development and contrast to how they usually are before the whole fight. I did think that Gage is being particularly considerate of Kass because he's currently on that uncertain ground of waiting for Kass to make up her mind. I'm worried too of how some people turn 180 degrees when they get rejected. Hopefully regardless of Kass's decisions it won't come down to that.

Ooh I was. It was definitely interesting. It made me wonder if it belonged to Amy and why did she feel she needed to possess it or if Clark gave it to her for protection or he accidentally left it behind which is kind of impossible.

How did you feel about Amy's reaction to Kass/Gage? What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    I thought Amy’s reaction is over the top. I’m trying to figure out why she’d react that way. Maybe she doesn’t know Gage well. It could be her first time seeing him and that she only knew him through Kass’s mentions. Or she might know Gage’s background and has developed an opinion of him and his family. Either way she could’ve cleared things out with Kass.

Cari feels left out and Andi wants to be left alone. Andi seems like she’s at that age where she needs her own space and individuality while Cari abides by her mom’s rules. I think they’ll continue clashing heads for awhile haha.

It certainly gave insights to her siblings’ and her personalities and showed why the girls clashed as much as they do. I like how even though they’re simply chitchatting about random topics but from how they respond to them, their personalities clearly show and are distinct from one another and they all have different dreams (childhood dreams, but pretty telling nonetheless.)

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? 
    I thought it was lovely. Personally I’ve never had such a close family relationship with my grandparents so I like it when stories show that lovely bond between generations. It’s beautiful and made me think Kass is a lucky girl all in all. And yes, what a wonderful suprise <3

Arc 10
    Gut reaction. How did you feel about the reintroduction of Davis?
    Oof I love how they skipped around the elephant in the room for awhile and David finally took the plunge and apologised. That was good of him. I liked how he answered her questions on what he’s doing at her nonna’s house very nonchalantly and simply. Nor was he flustered about it. He’s confident but not pompous nor pretentious. What a nice change.

Did you feel Davis' explanation was sufficient for why he didn't show up earlier? Or did you want more?
    I think it was sufficient yeah. He seemed like he overplans a lot of things for himself and his life and has an overachiever sort of personality that he can do everything. So it didn’t strike me as weird that he would accept jobs back to back without realising of the what ifs when things don’t play out as well.

Are you #TeamDavis or here's-to-hoping for #TeamGage to make a comeback? Why? Or neither is a valid response.
    I’m all for team davis but I do want to see Gage doing his finest. For the earlier chapters he wasn’t in his best because of the clashes with Kass. Davis is smoother, more set in life and seems like the less complicated choice. Also he’s been smitten by Kass since the first time he met her so he’s been very charming. I’d love to see Gage put on that ‘date charm’. Davis scored alot of brownie points from me for how carefully he juggled Kass’s nervousness without making her feel bad about herself while Gage scored brownie points when he also very smoothly handled Kass’s awkwardness and have Kass feel comfortable around him again. They both have their strengths! Its up to Kass if she wants the smooth stud or cuddly bear.
    Arc 12
    Did you like the 'action' and intrigue in these chapters? I feel like I'm terrible at writing action sequences. :sweat_smile: Do you think I did a good job? Anything I could improve upon?

I don't think the action sequences really feel like those. They honestly feel like normal scenes. It doesn't feel high stakes or that something terrible is going to happen. In my opinion, you did get better at this throughout the story, especially in a particular scene with Madison later on where (only for @AdamsEve1231)
    her death happens. I don't have the same problem with your action scenes where they're confusing to read.
    How did you feel about Davis in these chapters? Did the situations help develop/solidify your opinion of his character more? Did his 'flaw' annoy you or do you feel Kass overreacted?

I don't think Kass overreacted. It was a serious situation and he was making light of it with his baseball obsession. I do have to say that I wish we got to see this flaw more throughout the story. As far as I remember, this was the only scene where we saw Davis' like for baseball. After reading this chapter, I wasn't sure whether I was in support of Kass and Davis. He annoyed me that much. So, this wasn't the moment that solidified my opinion of him. I changed my stance later on again.
    Any guesses as to who was at Kass' home or why?

At the time, I thought it might have been Clark creeping around.
    Did you like Amy's interlude or did you want to get back to the story? Did you feel it helped with the characterization of Amy, Howard, and Kate?

I don't think there was one moment I liked Amy and I had a hard time getting into her head here. I didn't understand why her first thought would be that her ex-husband was spying on the children and scaring him. It didn't seem to fit with the picture that was painted of him so far. And how she behaved, pushing her way into the house like she owned the place. Howard might have cheated on her with Kate at some point, but it doesn't justify her behaviour here. Howard seemed like a rational person, way more than Amy, but that might be because of her mental state.

No real opinion on Kate. She was sent away by her husband so as not to participate in this conversation with Amy so we barely got to see anything of her. She didn't seem malicious.
    How would you characterize Amy's relationship with her daughters? Any guesses as to why she is acting the way she is? (P.S. I don't condone her behavior, but I do like to discuss and understand my characters' motivations and reasons for choices so I'm curious what you think).

I'd characterize it as toxic. Majorly so. She's described as heavily depressed, so I'd assume that has something to do with her behaviour. Even if that's the 'reason' behind it, I still think she should try harder to get better through talking to a therapist instead of lying in bed until the afternoon. I get being depressed because I have suffered from depression myself. But Amy has so much to work and get better for, I feel like she should want to try harder. She loves her kids after all.
    Okay more answers...

Arc 8
    @_sims_Yimi
    I think she’s a very young woman that has a tendency of taking other people’s worries as her own. She’s also understandably freaked out about EXCES as well as suspicious of her mother’s new beau AND crushing hard on her own love interest. That’s a combination that can get understandably stressful.

This is an excellent assessment of Kass and spot on! :smile:

We haven’t seen that much of her, but it does make me wonder what’s going on. I did have to raise my eyebrows at Kass first worrying so much that someone would see her and know her private business, and then just blatantly announcing her presence to someone else and waltzing into their hospital room. xD

I didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. Kass has a naturally suspicious mind and nature, and she also loves to protect those she cares about, even if she isn't very close to Madison. I hate to use this analogy because I think Madison deserves better, but.... Kass sees a wounded bird and she automatically wants to fix it. She has a tendency to want to fix a lot of what's wrong in the world so that's how she excuses her intrusion on other people's lives.

How would you describe Kass' night at the Java Jolt or what happened afterward at home? Any predictions or thoughts about Clark at this point?
    Where she was stood up, leered at, wooed with chumcha, flirted with and invited to a cha-cha night? It was eventful, that’s for sure! The man at her house was the scariest one of the bunch, though. It’s annoying when they follow you around in public – but once people have your address, it goes from annoying to scary real fast. I hope we’ll see more like that mystery conversation in the future, though I cannot help but wonder what they would possibly want with Kass.

It just dawned on me that he may be gunning for Kass’s grandparent’s fortune, and not so much Kass’s mother. Or perhaps there is something else there that he wants.

That's an intriguing idea. I love it. Go to the dark side! Haha. :lol:

Arc 9

First, I'm answering this questions together for some context.
    @Skeilah, @Duvelina, @mercuryfoam, @_sims_Yimi

Amy is hyper protective of her girls to the point of extremes. Some of it is because of how she was raised and her background and some of it is because of her struggles with anxiety and depression.

Amy is incredibly hypocritical, and unfortuantely, representative of my own relationship with my mom when I was Kass's age. :disappointed: It was hard to know what she wanted or what she expected when she kept changing her mind and the rules. Amy has her reasons, but they aren't well expressed or explained, and I don't think they are necessarily right. @_sims_Yimi Amy uses Kass to "parent" her other daughters, and it isn't right or fair. You're absolutely right. You can't have it both ways.

I wish I could say this experience is all in game, but I had a similar experience (as an adult mind you) with my own mother. I do agree that it is overreacting. Thankfully, I have a good relationship with my mom now.

I know Amy and her parenting style doesn't make a lot of sense, and I don't reveal/explain a lot later on, but Amy had very restrictive and controlling parents when she was younger, and she had some things happen to her to prompt their behavior and influence her own behavior with her children. If you have more questions, I'm happy to explain more.

@Skeilah
    I have the feeling Kass forgot for a moment that all these things were happening while she was with Gage that night. She sounded so peaceful for once, like everything just faded away. Hey, I just still have hope that those two will get together xD

That's an excellent observation. Kass was able to be more herself that night and relax for once. I'm glad Gage is getting some love here. :)

I don't know what to think about that, to be honest. At first I thought it was normal. Okay, I don't have a gun under my bed or something but I can imagine people hiding things like guns or clubs or... Big chewing bones for dogs (those things work like clubs and I've known people having that as defence xD) under their bed, but then Amy CALLED Clark and I didn't understand it in the slightest. What was that call about, then? What does Amy know? I'm so confused right now.

You're right. For some people, it's completely normal to have "weapons" within reach for defense purposes. Big dog chewing bones had me giggling though. :tongue: Yes, Amy called Clark, and it's meant to be confusing.

What about Carina/Andi's confrontation?
    Carina is so much like her mom, and it's bothering me so much xD Andi said she's almost 16, so in my head I was like 'come on man, she's almost 16, leave her be. You're supposed to cover your sisters in times like this, not snitch them.'. I don't have sisters myself, but my brother and I covered each other a lot when we were going somewhere we weren't supposed to. I just can't get why Carina would be like this. Is she jealous? Because in that case, that's low. I feel sorry for Andi.

It's interesting that you picked up on the similarities between Carina and Amy, @Skeilah. I wasn't intentionally going for that, but like mother, like daughter. Cari is protective of her kid sister and yes, it wasn't the nicest thing for her to do to "spoil" Andi's evening. Jealousy is a good way to describe her motivations. I think it's before... but maybe it's after this chapter where she cries that she has "NO secrets." And early on during her phone call after Amy's announcement about dating Clark, she felt like Kass is abandoning her. I think she just wants to be included. My middle sister is a lot like Cari in that regard. Once we understood each other (as adults), and I knew she just wanted to be included in things, it seriously improved our relationship.

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)
    ... I actually thought 'oh my, what if Clark is the new gardener?' but Davis? Nope, didn't see that one coming xD

Haha. I love everyone's thoughts about Clark.

@Duvelina
    There has been no point where I liked their friendship. I think they're a horrible match together and it's best if they both moved on. I think there's too much going on between them to keep being friends.

Oof! Harsh words against Gage. But I get it.

Regarding the Carina/Andi confrontation, I think Carina was just being a big sister and caring about Andi although I do think it wasn't justified. Andi seems to be more of an adult than Cari and she would have been fine on her own.

Carina cares about her sister, and she's protective of her. All the girls are protective of each other in one way or another, but here, Carina felt like Andi crossed a line when she chose to spend a night with a boy. Even if that wasn't the way it was going to be and her sister, Kass was kinda doing the same thing at home. It would've been more of an explosive confrontation if she had pulled something like that on Kass earlier in the evening. Andi is very mature, but she's still young and Cari just wanted to look out for her.

Did you enjoy the scenes with Kass and her nonna? How about the surprise after Kass' day at the pool? ;)
    Nonna was so welcoming to Kass and it warmed my heart that she had a place to go to when things are bad at home. And I did not expect Davis to be the new caretaker in the poolhouse. You already told me in the comments that you used this situation after Davis randomly showed up and I love that the game surprised you like that.

When I was a teenager and I got into a fight with my mom, I would often "run away" to grandma's. She only lived about 3 miles from us. It was my safe haven for many years. Nonna wasn't always warm and kind like she is here, especially as a younger mom herself, so I think she understands and remembers her own daughter's need to "get away" every once in awhile. She's trying to be better for her grandchildren. And yes, I love that Davis randomly "moved in" to the Riviera residence. Haha.

@_sims_Yimi
    It definitely seems what’s comfortable and familiar to Kass. And if that’s all it is to her, then that’s all right – but Gage wants more, and she knows he wants more. She also knows she does not feel that way about him. And yet she keeps stringing him along, not giving him a clear answer, probably out of fear of losing their friendship. That’s not good for either of them. And if/when she does end up rejecting him for Davis, or anyone else, it’ll just hurt Gage all the more.

I wanted to say something awesome and witty here, but I'm falling flat and all I can see is I agree. :grimace:

Yes. I can see it happening with Clark being as shady as he is, but I did not expect Kass’s mother to actually know about it and approve of it. He’s either told her exactly who he is and he has a legitimate reason for acting the way he does, or he’s got her wrapped around his finger in the worst way. Something tells me it’s that second one.

I like where your mind goes. Haha. Okay, we'll see if you're right.

Carina and Andi seemed like normal sister bickering, though it’s sad that Carina keeps being shut out of everything.

I'm glad you picked up on the fact that Carina keeps getting shut out of everything. That's exactly what's happening, and that's how I answered @Duvelina and @Skeilah up above. Carina just wants to be included and is acting out in frustration and jealousy.

@mercuryfoam
    I like how gage dispelled Kass’s feelings of awkwardness. They’re both acting natural around each other and positive too. We started at the very beginning of the story with Kass and Gage fighting so this is a nice development and contrast to how they usually are before the whole fight. I did think that Gage is being particularly considerate of Kass because he's currently on that uncertain ground of waiting for Kass to make up her mind. I'm worried too of how some people turn 180 degrees when they get rejected. Hopefully regardless of Kass's decisions it won't come down to that.

Gage and Kass have known each other for a long time and they're comfortable with one another. I did want to show that Gage does have a heart and he isn't a total jerk all the time. However, I agree with you about possible complications coming in the future for their relationship if Kass doesn't handle her decisions well.

Cari feels left out and Andi wants to be left alone. Andi seems like she’s at that age where she needs her own space and individuality while Cari abides by her mom’s rules. I think they’ll continue clashing heads for awhile haha.
    Yes, Cari feels left out and she's acting out in frustration. Andi wants to live her own life and be her own person and that's difficult when you have an overbearing, wishy-washy mother and an overprotective big sister.

It certainly gave insights to her siblings’ and her personalities and showed why the girls clashed as much as they do. I like how even though they’re simply chitchatting about random topics but from how they respond to them, their personalities clearly show and are distinct from one another and they all have different dreams (childhood dreams, but pretty telling nonetheless.)

Thank you. I hoped to convey their personalities forming at a younger age. They are all distinct and unique and I didn't want the sisters to get lost in the big cast.

I thought it was lovely. Personally I’ve never had such a close family relationship with my grandparents so I like it when stories show that lovely bond between generations. It’s beautiful and made me think Kass is a lucky girl all in all. And yes, what a wonderful suprise <3

I know I'm incredibly lucky to have a good relationship with my grandparents. I am blessed to have spent so much time with them, and I wanted to share that in my story as well.

Okay, I'll try to get answers to all of the following arcs/questions soon. :) Thank you everyone. I love reading your insights and observations, and your predictions about Clark. ;) And most of you are clearly hard camp in #TeamGage or #TeamDavis! I love it! :smile:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest