Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    @Skeilah It was a lot of fun to read/answer, just like last time! I wonder how much the Ridleys will have changed once your next turn comes around. :mrgreen:

Speaking of which, whose turn is it next? Hang on, lemme read back...

Oh. Wait. It's me, isn't it? :D:sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Yess @_sims_Yimi it’s time for Tales of Camelot again! :blush: Can’t wait to see what discussion questions you have for us :3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Time to dig in the story again! I need to read a little bit more until Im all caught up again but I’m a binge reader so that’s okay 😂
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    :mrgreen:
    All right! My brain is still pudding from my D&D players trying to kill my malefic, demon-summoning archmage with kindness and freshly baked cinnamon cakes, so it's a good thing that I prepared for this in advance, haha.

I think that last time, I’d written up to the Arthur kid chapters. So, this will be about everything from chapter 1.7 until chapter 2.3 (8 chapters in total. If it’s too much to catch up to in one week, don’t worry about it. Just read what you’re comfortable with – I know my chapters can get lengthy).

Questions
    General
    What do you think about Morgana’s kid chapters and the epilogue to the first “act”?
    What do you think about the second act so far?
    What are your thoughts on the tone of the story? It’s meant to gradually get darker as people grow older. Can you feel this? Are there enough warm/light-hearted moments to balance the darker ones?
    What do you think about the druids?

Characters
    Did the main cast grow up the way you thought they would? Do the types of people they grew into make sense?
    What do you think about the supporting knights? Elyan, Percival and Lancelot?
    Is Arthur’s authority over them believable? What do you think about the dynamic there?
    What do you think about Guinevere and Sarah? Is Morgana’s relationship with them believable?
    What are your thoughts on Morgana’s relationship with Richard?
    What do you think about Emrys?

Is there someone you would like to see more of in future chapters? Backstories explored? Extra attention given? On the flipside, is there someone in the story that you don’t care for, and would rather see gone?

Plot
    This one is a bit different from the rest. I’m interested to know what readers would have done, had they been in the character’s shoes during big moments. If you were the character, what would you have done:
    • As Morgana, when she found out about May Day?
    • As Arthur, when he was faced with the druid magic dilemma?

Writing
    In chapter 2.3 and onward, I increased the size of the text compared to the pictures. Did you notice? Is it good that it’s bigger?
    I try to hint at world lore here and there, for example with the dragons and the druid oath. Do you like this? Should I do it more often?

Pictures
    I try to show people’s varying mental states by showing or hiding the “light” in their eyes. Gawain has it all the time, Arthur has it about half the chapters, and Morgana rarely shows it. Was this noticeable for you?
    Do you think that my pictures have improved compared to the kid chapters, or worsened? Is there anything you dislike or found jarring?

Questions
    I had a lot of fun having the cast answer your questions last time. So, for the people who want to – feel free to ask questions again! I’m limiting you guys to 5 questions maximum, though. Also, Richard and Emrys will not be answering any of them.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    I know nothing about D&D but my boyfriend’s sister plays it and I’m always like “what in the world happens in those games man?! 😂😂😂”
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    General
    What do you think about Morgana’s kid chapters and the epilogue to the first “act”?

I loved the characters as children. They could have been children for much longer and I would have enjoyed it just as much as in the beginning. Morgana acted very mature for her age, but I don't think it was unrealistic considering the predicament she's in. You could see her grow from this sweet, polite kid to manipulative and inquisitive. It was a nice set-up for future Morgana.

The epilogue was amazing with the flashbacks and you neatly wrapped up the current storylines with Arthur finally giving Morgana her present and Gawain 'defeating' Arthur during their swordfights. It felt satisfying while also bringing up new questions regarding Morgana's and Arthur's mother.

It's so cool to these characters I know and love grow older. They look like their child counterpart and I think that's quite hard to achieve sometimes. You really kept their vibe and tone going and I can appreciate that. I love how you introduced Emrys/Merlin into the story. I'm excited to find out more about him and what happened to him in the last few years. And I like how Arthur is still so good at heart. He hasn't disappointed me so far and I like seeing him grow up to be such a capable future king. I hope it stays that way and he won't turn into his father. Overall, I think you're building up the plot very well and I'm still enjoying myself.
    What are your thoughts on the tone of the story? It’s meant to gradually get darker as people grow older. Can you feel this? Are there enough warm/light-hearted moments to balance the darker ones?

Absolutely. I could feel it from the moment I started reading this story that it would become darker over time and I was ready for it. It's good to see that actually happen now. You can see it in the colours of the pictures and the development of the characters. No one is as innocent as they used to be and they've all been painted by the experiences they've had when they were younger. It's realistic and beautiful. I don't need a whole lot of warm or light-hearted scenes, but those little moments you sprinkle in make me endear the characters more. They're not just puppets bad things happen to, they have relationships with each other and they have motivations and care about each other. That shines through in your writing. There is enough relief from the darker happenings in the story for me.

I think they're awesome. I love reading lore about the world and seeing this new type of people in your story was exciting. I think the idea behind their lifestyle is cool, how they can't attack anyone with magic. It makes them seem like inherently good people. I felt sad seeing them being attacked and the prejudice against their people because of the magic they possess. I'm glad they have someone like Merlin standing up for them.
    Aaaaaand I'm done xD Here's my book of answers! I enjoyed the story, just as always^^
    General
    I did love Morgana as a kid and still now that she grew up. She’s so beautifullll! Anyways, I really like where the story is going with Morgana being Morgana. Okay, it’s a little sad, given that she silently broke with her dad, but it’s part of the story and it’s soooo strong.

By ‘act’, do you mean the bar and the fight and a facepalming Lancelot? xD Ahhhh I’m already in love with Lancelot for no particular reason. And Gawain has a really short temper indeed, just as Elyan. They are a funny group of knights. I forget someone. Percival. He didn’t make much of an impression on me yet, but he’s welcome to join the fun knight group.

Is the second ‘act’ when the knights and Arthur go on the horses (how are there horses in the game?!), where Emrys (*cough* MERLIN *cough*) appears and the druids and so on? I LOVED IT. FINALLY. MERLIN. That was the only thing I cared about hahehehehehe. Oh no, I also really liked how Arthur handled the situation. You’re a good guy, Arthur. Don’t listen to what your dad is saying. You’re a good guy and you did the right thing. Pass that on to him. I really hope he stays this way, because Morgana already lost her fate in her dad. She needs Arthur.

You can call it ‘darker’ but I call it ‘more exiting to read’. It’s indeed good balanced and that’s also really good! I’m glued onto the story so I have nothing really more to say besides you’re doing a great job.

I LOVE THEM and I’m absolutely against the King right there because he wants to kill them all. I really hope they’re going to be alright and I want to see more of them!

Characters
    Did the main cast grow up the way you thought they would? Do the types of people they grew into make sense?
    I think almost everyone in your banner is making sense now to me. Only that blonde guy and the girl in the right corner… But maybe I just missed them somewhere xD I just love how Gawain, Lancelot and Elyan are together on that picture like ‘eujjjj we’re best friends’ because that’s exactly how I see them xD I think I found two new favorite characters (Gawain already was one of them).

Everything makes a lot of sense. Just to make sure I don’t forget to answer that question.

Heheheheeh I already answered that xD I LOOOOOVE Elyan and Lancelot. Percival didn’t have much of an impression on me but I actually think he’s the backstabber of the group while Elyan and Lancelot would be more… On Arthur’s side? But that’s just my impression.

Is Arthur’s authority over them believable? What do you think about the dynamic there?
    I don’t think I get this question, sorry. Can you maybe specify this one?

What do you think about Guinevere and Sarah? Is Morgana’s relationship with them believable?
    Guinevere is new, right? I’ve never seen her before. I love how Morgana can talk to them on a little more non-formal way. Like, she tries to be formal but you can smell a sense of friendliness. That’s really nice. I hope this goes on.

I DON’T LIKE RICHARD. I don’t know why but I just don’t like him so I don’t pay any attention to him xD That’s why I can’t really answer this question. It’s… complicated xD

*cough* Merlin *cough*. I love Emrys’ appearance in the story and I hope to see more of him and his folks. I loved every bit of them all.

Is there someone you would like to see more of in future chapters? Backstories explored? Extra attention given? On the flipside, is there someone in the story that you don’t care for, and would rather see gone?
    EMRYS FOR SURE, together with his folks and how he got there. Also Lancelot would be funny, or Elyan. Kid background stories or something. YEAH.

Plot
    This one is a bit different from the rest. I’m interested to know what readers would have done, had they been in the character’s shoes during big moments. If you were the character, what would you have done:

Morgana still thinks she was born on the 1st of June, right? Anyways, I don’t think if I could even stand after reading such a horrifying thing. I would just be like ‘oh lord, I need to sit down’ and think about what I just had read. Or maybe I had the courage to go out of there as soon as I could so I could fall in my bed and then think about what I just had read.

The same as Arthur, but not without hestitation. My head would not be spinning like his and I would not be exhausted. But well, maybe I would be if I really was an heir in that situation.

Writing
    In chapter 2.3 and onward, I increased the size of the text compared to the pictures. Did you notice? Is it good that it’s bigger?
    I thought I noticed something like that, but I wasn’t sure! I like it^^

I try to hint at world lore here and there, for example with the dragons and the druid oath. Do you like this? Should I do it more often?
    Yeah, I like those things! Please, go on with it :)

Pictures
    I try to show people’s varying mental states by showing or hiding the “light” in their eyes. Gawain has it all the time, Arthur has it about half the chapters, and Morgana rarely shows it. Was this noticeable for you?
    Ehhhhhhhh….. *goes back to the story to look at peoples eyes* Is everyone having the same eye color or something???? XDDDD

Okay, I see it, but I didn’t notice it before. I’ll only notice it from now on because you told me about it xD I loved it when I finally saw it in Morgana’s eyes when she was with Arthur <3

Do you think that my pictures have improved compared to the kid chapters, or worsened? Is there anything you dislike or found jarring?
    I think they are as perfect as they were at first. Have a little faith in your pictures. They’re great! Fantastic! Awesome!

Questions
    I had a lot of fun having the cast answer your questions last time. So, for the people who want to – feel free to ask questions again! I’m limiting you guys to 5 questions maximum, though. Also, Richard and Emrys will not be answering any of them.

>>> I really have no inspiration for this thing ;----;
    @ajamkeevin, getting to your answers before really ending my week xD
    1. Thank you! I try to avoid the ‘and now this happens’ ‘and now that happens’. Sometimes I can’t really do something else, but I try. I’m glad to read that I succeed in that :D

2. Oh yeah, you were! You’re the only true Brent-supporter xDDD I’m glad that Brent is appreciated so much! When I see him in other stories I’m always like ‘and where is Liz?’ but then I remind myself of how Brent and Liz are not a pre-made couple xD I love that painting so much. It’s still in the house!

3. Yay! It is a good visual indeed. I like to use it as a reference for myself sometimes. You haven’t seen it yet, but it was hard to see only Oliver left in the picture with Dulce (everyone already knows it’s going to be Dulce next to Oliver xD)

4. That’s nice to hear! They had a rough time, but then again, I hate the baby/toddler stage and I’m always so happy when it’s over xD

5. Yippeeee! Maybe I really should think about making a Simdex…

6. I will!

7. Hehe, I like how you think about Ella and Oliver’s brother/sister-relationship. I think that’s very accurate and maybe that’s how I thought about it also, although it was no clear idea in my head. There’s only a 3-day difference between Ella and Oliver, if I’m correct.

8. You’re right with ‘in most cases’ xD I didn’t really like one Sim so I actually have a case now where the second friend was chosen, but it was all drama and oooof, so difficult to write a story from. Not doing that again, probably. xD

9. Hahahahhaa I love how everyone is loving muscular Liz <3

10. Yaaa! So people actually read it xD I don’t know yet when stories like the Lighthouse Adventure will appear again, but I had fun with this one and I’m glad other people also had fun!

11. Same! We’ll love him forever together!

12a. You say ‘somewhat’. Did you give her another personality on some points?

12b. Hahaha, she indeed is! I think Ella has the best represented personality considered to everyone’s answers.

12c. Yeah, he is a curious little thing and he’ll be a curious big thing xD I’m happy to read that you like Oliver because well yeah, he’ll follow in Liz’ shoes… And to overpower Liz is a difficult one I think. But Oliver will do great! He’s a Ridley after all.

13. Yay!

14. Levi will come back, but it’ll take some time because while playing I mayyyyyyy have forgotten about him hehehehehe. That pun is hilarious xD I didn’t know that so it was fun for me to read xD Ella and Alison will be okay with her later on. Well… Mostly Alison, because we know Ella… They just have conflicted personalities. Dulce is rather shy and Ella is super straight forward. Those don’t work.

15. The outside mostly stays the same, but the inside will be renovated for sure! The restaurant is named: The Ridley Restaurant (super unique xD). But I don’t know if that name is already made public in one of my chapters or not.

16a. It’s a little weird and I must admit that I change some of the dialogues I typed earlier because I know what happens later. Hehe. Mostly to make it more surprising, so I think that’s a good thing! I love being ahead of the story and I like to keep it that way. Too bad I can’t spoiler too much but that’s also part of the game.

16b. My personal favorite is Ella because of her personality and because of how beautiful she is. I really think she’s the most beautiful of the three, followed by Oliver and then Alison. Brent gave good genes (expect for Alison’s eyes hahahahahahah). I’m just in looooove with the curly hair.

16c. I think I’ve been sweet with Generation 1. Like, Generation 2’s kids are WAYYYYYY WORSE hahahahahahahahaha! But maybe I’ll bump into some other future dialogues I tend to change to add a little more drama. :)

16d. No other pupper and no cat (I had this plan at first but then I didn’t want a cat in the household anymore, hahahahahahaha). buttttttttttt….. I’ll give you a spoiler-picture from Chapter 1.44. It’s way better than a new pupper or cat!
    06-03-20-12-19-46-pm_orig.png
    Characters

Mostly, yes. I don't think we've seen enough of Gawain yet to fully confirm that he grew up like I thought he would. I do think Morgana is more manipulative and deceptive than I thought she would be. I do think it makes sense though. It has been a couple of years and we don't know whatever happened in the meantime, but Morgana was going the deceptive route already when she was a child so it could have developed slowly over the years we haven't seen.

I think Lancelot looks a lot like Arthur and he seems to be a loyal supporter too. He came across as a voice of reason to me. I think Percival is too judgmental against the druids for me to like him. Elyan also had this prejudice but he seemed more reasonable than Percival. I like this group of knights together though. I like Gawain bonding with other people.

Yes, his authority is believable. Especially Percival seemed to challenge it a little which I understand because he's not the king and the king clearly hates magic users and would probably have given different orders. Arthur deciding to help the druids must have seemed like a very strange decision. I sense some unrest coming later from Percival's side, so the dynamic might be disrupted.

Since I'm all caught up now I can actually say something about Guinevere! I liked seeing the three girls together. I love that after all these years Sarah is still around and hanging out with Morgana. Guinevere is cute and seems sweet. I think it's a nice detail that she has a huge crush on Arthur. So far, I thought it was believable. I do think it's a little harsh to tease Guinevere with her crush so relentlessly since everyone knows she'll never be able to be with him. That must be hard for her.

It's tense, but it's a good kind of tension. When they were together I almost felt like they could kiss at any moment. I think they've both found their match and it's a case of one-upping each other. In TV shows these kind of relationships often lead to romantic ones. I'd be up for a good hate-to-love. 😇

I'm so curious about him. I can't wait to find out what happened with him in the last few years. It's going to be cool to see a reunion between Morgana and Emrys.
    @Duvelina @Skeilah wow, you guys are fast!

@Duvelina
    I loved the characters as children. They could have been children for much longer and I would have enjoyed it just as much as in the beginning. Morgana acted very mature for her age, but I don't think it was unrealistic considering the predicament she's in. You could see her grow from this sweet, polite kid to manipulative and inquisitive. It was a nice set-up for future Morgana.
    The epilogue was amazing with the flashbacks and you neatly wrapped up the current storylines with Arthur finally giving Morgana her present and Gawain 'defeating' Arthur during their swordfights. It felt satisfying while also bringing up new questions regarding Morgana's and Arthur's mother.
    I debated to keep them kids for a bit longer, but most things happen when they’re teens and adults, so those chapters were scrapped. I might do mini-side stories at some point though. Tiny things like Morgana and Arthur both absolutely freaking out over a spider, and Gawain catching it and setting it free. Innocent things like that XD
    It's so cool to these characters I know and love grow older. They look like their child counterpart and I think that's quite hard to achieve sometimes. You really kept their vibe and tone going and I can appreciate that. I love how you introduced Emrys/Merlin into the story. I'm excited to find out more about him and what happened to him in the last few years. And I like how Arthur is still so good at heart. He hasn't disappointed me so far and I like seeing him grow up to be such a capable future king. I hope it stays that way and he won't turn into his father. Overall, I think you're building up the plot very well and I'm still enjoying myself.
    That’s great to hear! The game does make it difficult to recognize teens from their kid selves, yeah. It worked well for the main cast, but the side characters were a disaster. That, and kid-Lancelot had that weird bug where you can see their front teeth poking through their lips. xD
    Absolutely. I could feel it from the moment I started reading this story that it would become darker over time and I was ready for it. It's good to see that actually happen now. You can see it in the colours of the pictures and the development of the characters. No one is as innocent as they used to be and they've all been painted by the experiences they've had when they were younger. It's realistic and beautiful. I don't need a whole lot of warm or light-hearted scenes, but those little moments you sprinkle in make me endear the characters more. They're not just puppets bad things happen to, they have relationships with each other and they have motivations and care about each other. That shines through in your writing. There is enough relief from the darker happenings in the story for me.
    Thank you so much <3 I put a lot of effort in those exact points, so I’m super happy that it’s getting conveyed the way I had it in my head.
    I think they're awesome. I love reading lore about the world and seeing this new type of people in your story was exciting. I think the idea behind their lifestyle is cool, how they can't attack anyone with magic. It makes them seem like inherently good people. I felt sad seeing them being attacked and the prejudice against their people because of the magic they possess. I'm glad they have someone like Merlin standing up for them.
    I really like the druids, too. I’m biased, though. xD There’s two simselves in the ToC game file – the director one that sets people who don’t pose right on fire, and a “real” one that I don’t touch. She’s living as a druid, too.

@Skeilah
    By ‘act’, do you mean the bar and the fight and a facepalming Lancelot? xD Ahhhh I’m already in love with Lancelot for no particular reason. And Gawain has a really short temper indeed, just as Elyan. They are a funny group of knights. I forget someone. Percival. He didn’t make much of an impression on me yet, but he’s welcome to join the fun knight group.
    Ah, my bad. I meant the first “chapter” of the story, as in, the kid part. Should have made that more clear, haha.
    Is the second ‘act’ when the knights and Arthur go on the horses (how are there horses in the game?!), where Emrys (*cough* MERLIN *cough*) appears and the druids and so on? I LOVED IT. FINALLY. MERLIN. That was the only thing I cared about hahehehehehe.
    I love how clearly everyone is rooting for Emrys in the story XDDDDD
    You can call it ‘darker’ but I call it ‘more exiting to read’. It’s indeed good balanced and that’s also really good! I’m glued onto the story so I have nothing really more to say besides you’re doing a great job.
    Thank you so much :mrgreen: I was super worried about it as TS4 forums is meant to be family friendly, so maybe that wasn’t the kind of thing that people were looking for. But so far, it’s gone pretty well ^^
    Only that blonde guy and the girl in the right corner… But maybe I just missed them somewhere xD
    Nope, those two haven’t been introduced yet! They’re still locked in my basement.. I mean family bin. I DEFINITELY don’t stuff everyone I don’t need in the basement. Nooope. Not me. *cough*
    I don’t think I get this question, sorry. Can you maybe specify this one?
    Oh, I meant if I’s believable that he can order them around without question, even if they don’t agree with him. The guy isn’t King or even a full adult to modern standards yet, after all. XD
    EMRYS FOR SURE, together with his folks and how he got there. Also Lancelot would be funny, or Elyan. Kid background stories or something. YEAH.
    Hehe. Noted. :mrgreen:
    >>> I really have no inspiration for this thing ;----;
    No worries! It’s just for the people with random burning questions. Like why Agravaine won’t take his hat off. Or why I never give Sarah a day off. Or why I keep them all locked in my basement when I’m building.. I mean in the family bin! Yeeeeeeees. Family bin.

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Oops, I forgot a character question yesterday.

I'd like to see more of Agravaine, Lancelot and Emrys. I feel like we're not going to get more of Agravaine but probably Lancelot and Emrys. I'm excited to see/get to know them more. I don't think there's anyone I want to see gone. I think everyone is pretty interesting so far.

Plot

I probably would have felt bad and needed time to process all of the information. I then would have proceeded to do the same thing as Morgana: research as much as possible.

I wouldn't be able to kill people, so I wouldn't have done it either. If Morgana stepped in afterwards and saved me from king Uther's wrath, that'd be great. Thanks.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited August 2020
    :joy:@_sims_Yimi I posted without tagging you lol!

General
    I thought it was chilling (Chapter 1.8 anyway). Looking back I realised Agravine may have been trying to protect her after all. He’s still all shades grey and shady though. I really enjoyed reading about her childhood and I honestly wouldn’t mind if you wanted to add a few more kid chapters. I think it’s a great way of showing growth and change as she matures and learns to interact with the world after. Oh you know how I feel about the epilogue. I thought it was a sweet wrap up of what they went through. There’s a lot underneath the surface promising of whats to come! But in the mean time I thought it showed a sweet side to everyone. Imo when the story gets twisted into all sorts of complexities in the future, this is the moment I’ll revert to and reread just so I can go be sad all over again lol.

Oof it’s definitely just the beginning. Imo we’re getting to know all the main players and start developing favourites heh! I thought it was a great introduction into the social structure and companions Arthur and Morgana had and the expectations placed on them too. Also loved how their interaction with each other makes me speculate the kind of drama or conflicts it can cause in the future chapters. Ah and Merlin is back! I’m very curious about him so I’m glad he’s introduced so early on. I do not dig his hat haha.

There are light and dark moments in your chapters. When I say this though, the darkness is more on the outside than in. There are hints of it, like what if Arthur gave the order to ignore the villagers and simply defeat the bandits? But he didn’t and its a relief though we know he may not choose the same decision in the future. 1.8 was a good introduction to how dark the story could become in the future. So I think there is enough context to know that the story will have some pretty dark moments and decisions to come. I think the tone is realistically portrayed given the nature of the circumstances. I can feel it :) I think you have a happy chapter lined up somewhere after this so yeah, it’s fine for me.

Tbh I don’t know much about druids nor what it implies until fairly recently through witcher and ToC. If there are any negative associations with druids, I’m drawing up a blank. So from a pretty blank canvas of druids, I’d say I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they are just like normal humans. Some are good, some could be bad. It’s not a matter of because they have a druid label but more each of them are individuals capable of coming up with their own conclusions.

Characters
    I think so. In the nature vs nurture argument, both sides have merit. I didn’t think any of them turned out unexpectedly for me. They were true to themselves and what they experienced.

I don’t have a lot of opinion on any of them tbh. Elyan has quite an ego though. For some reason I can’t shake off the feeling that Percival answers to Uther than Arthur. (I know they all answer to the king but Idk.) Maybe its because he’s such a to-the-book character. I don’t think Arthur’s decision will sit too well with him. Lancelot though may share Arthur’s moral code. So I’ve high hopes for the guy to be reliable. I’ll be devo if it were him who was the Uther’s puppet.

Owh now I feel like I was explaining the dynamics in your last question haha! Well I don’t have a lot to add. You know how I feel about Elyan through the comments already haha.

Guinevere concerns me. Wearing your heart on your sleeve makes you an easily exploitable target. I felt a little uneasy when they were teasing her about her crush. There’s no way Guinevere’s feelings for Arthur can be realised right? His dad will never allow it. At least she’s a redhead. But geh doesn’t that just make everything worse!? :joy: Sarah seems like someone Morgana can reliably talk to and count on.

OHOHOHOHOH. Can’t answer this question without expletives. I can but oh, I prefer not to hold back for slimy greasy-haired Richard. You ain’t as slick as you think you are!

Why is magic so exhaustive to Emrys? I assumed he was a really powerful druid. I’m surprised it takes such a huge toll on him. I like that he’s willing to use his powers to help others. And I can’t wait to see if he’ll teach Morgana about hers!

I want to see Muiri. Is she and Emrys romantically involved? So much skin contact for those times. Or is it okay to do that?
    I don’t care for Richard but I want him in the story only because he means drama and I want to see him fall. Nyehehe!
    Writing

I don't have a great eye for detail, so no, I didn't notice. :D

I love it! Give me all the lore please. I so enjoy it.
    @Duvelina
    I'd like to see more of Agravaine, Lancelot and Emrys. I feel like we're not going to get more of Agravaine but probably Lancelot and Emrys. I'm excited to see/get to know them more. I don't think there's anyone I want to see gone. I think everyone is pretty interesting so far.
    Okay! That’s always good to know. 😊
    I love it! Give me all the lore please. I so enjoy it.
    Awww yasssssss. So far people are positive, so I’m putting more of that in in the future for sure!

@mercuryfoam
    Ah and Merlin is back! I’m very curious about him so I’m glad he’s introduced so early on. I do not dig his hat haha.
    His hat? Wait, do you mean his hair? xD
    OHOHOHOHOH. Can’t answer this question without expletives. I can but oh, I prefer not to hold back for slimy greasy-haired Richard. You ain’t as slick as you think you are!
    I just love your unbridled outrage at everything this guy is and stands for. XD
    I want to see Muiri. Is she and Emrys romantically involved? So much skin contact for those times. Or is it okay to do that?
    I don’t care for Richard but I want him in the story only because he means drama and I want to see him fall. Nyehehe!
    Ooh, Muiri? I didn’t expect that answer. Noted! And I’ll make sure to reserve a front-row seat for you if he does, haha.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @_sims_Yimi Incoming wall of text. :smiley: Mostly stream of consciousness.

General
    I loved Morgana as a child. I liked the journey of her personal growth and I was saddened by her loss of innocence. She was a lovely child, but I am well aware that this is a tragedy and things will not go so well for Morgana and the kingdom of Camelot (and even Arthur).

I do love that you chose to tell this story from Morgana's perspective rather than Arthur's. Arthur's perspective is a bit overdone, but he IS Camelot, or what most people think of when they hear of Camelot. I know there are writers out there who have tackled Camelot from different perspectives (primarily from Guinevere's from what I've seen and read). However, I like that you're telling the tale through Morgana. It is refreshing, and I'm not sure I've seen this exact topic (Camelot and King Arthur) done before in SimLit.

Her epilogue had me in utter despair... and excitement. I felt awful for Morgana, learning the truth in the way that she did. Oh what her father and others tried to protect her from... and oh how dark and disturbing the truth was. I do like that you made it Uther rather than Arthur who committed the truly heinous deed. I always felt that little dark tidbit was not merely a blight on Arthur's (otherwise) good reputation but a serious detour of character.

I did love the juxtaposition of the happy scene earlier in the chapter with Gawain and Arthur. They had grown to become friends and I ate up every moment of it (still do). :blush: I did, however, wait for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I knew it wouldn't end all sunshine and rainbows and kittens and puppies. And that's okay.

And to think... delightful little Morgana will "bring down" the Pendragon line and that she was born in the month of May. Unsurprising given the original context, but beautifully done.
    I love it. Seriously, you have a gift for prose! I'm excited about the entrance of Merlin... or subtle re-entrance that is! :wink: I loved the subtle introduction of Guinevere. If you couldn't tell from my earlier comment, I also think her character is a little tired and overdone in general in prose so I was pleasantly surprised she's one of Morgana's lady servants. It's an interesting take and it makes perfect sense. I loved the action sequences with the druids and thugs in the woods. The introduction of Lancelot was great too. I did like how all of Arthur's company of men aren't getting along, and that they all have different ideas about things. This makes me super intrigued for the eventual round table! Also I'm super intrigued by Richard and his (dare I say?) obsession with Morgana... er... Camelot. She embarassed him and knocked him down a peg or two, which I wholeheartedly approve of, but I can see that it isn't sitting well with him. Richard isn't one to roll over and lose easily, is he? I foresee problems for him... and Morgana in the future.
    I am all for the darkness! I do enjoy the lighthearted moments, and Gawain is still pure cinnamon roll goodness right now for me. I will hate to see him be crushed, but I have a feeling he won't stay as innocent as he is forever. In fact, he does need to mature some if he will be a good and solid knight for Arthur. The darkness makes for intriguing moments that has me questioning and intense action that has me wanting more. I look forward to the continuation of this saga.

You've done a great job with the shift in pictures (i.e. more shadows, dark places and settings, etc. like in the tavern, dungeon, and the woods).
    ...like here
    07-08-20_9-49-54-amb.jpg?w=1024 Camelot in winter... it just looks chilly. I think I actually shivered looking at this image. Of course, it could be because I was sitting beneath a cold air return for our home. Haha. Still. The darkness and cold here is almost palpable.

...and here
    07-10-20_12-16-09-pm.jpg?w=1024 This one is a little less about darkness, but I love how Arthur is completely in shadow (foreshadowing, eh? haha... see what I did there!) and Gawain's head appears to be emerging from the shadows. I think this is telling of Gawain's rise to becoming a competent warrior despite his low birth.

and not really about darkness, but...sort of...
    07-15-20_4-01-44-pm.jpg?w=1024 Arthur's white blonde hair really stands out against the darkness of the dungeon. :smiley:

and here...
    07-17-20_9-21-22-am.jpg?w=1024

07-17-20_9-23-00-am-1.jpg?w=1024
    The 'darkness' (if you will) in their expressions as both Lancelot and Arthur realize something is wrong... really wrong. That the enemy fights dirty. And that this is unjust and cruel behavior. And something must be done.

also here...
    07-17-20_9-43-28-am.jpg?w=1024 Literal "stepping out of the shadows..."
    07-27-20_3-44-03-pm.jpg?w=1024 The shadows on the courtyard are so telling, and your description of their feelings of almost defeat rather than victory is excellent. To me, this is a pivotal moment of darkness.

And darker colors too with the characters... Richard's black coat is dark and dignified and also hints at his underlying scariness (sorry I couldn't think of a better word and that one sounds super cheesy). :grimace: His clear desire to obtain power, keep power, and exert power make him a formidable opponent for Morgana (and all of Camelot for that matter). I feel this picture in particular illustrates this.
    07-09-20_9-11-30-pm.jpg?w=1024
    ...just the way his head is. There is a later picture in the chapter where he leans over her, but almost in a romantic way, or in a way that he would want others to believe is romantic, but there's still an underlying power play in his expression. However, I still think that first image is more telling. Oh now that I'm talking about it, I'll share this second picture, even though I imagine you might know which one I'm referencing.
    07-09-20_9-14-16-pm.jpg?w=1024

I also love the rich deep red Morgana is wearing and all that symbolizes... her beauty, her cunning, her blossoming into adulthood (because that's the nicer way to say that appropriately on the forums... haha!), her royalty and status, and her brilliant power move! As a child, she wore more pastels and softer colors, if I remember correctly, so I do love this transition.

Come to think of it, Richard may have worn a dark coat as a child, but I'm just now noticing this one more prominently. :grimace: Deviousness! That is the word I was looking for earlier. *face palm*
    I loved their introduction. The druidess Muiri is pretty. I was afraid for them, and I wanted the knights to come to their aid, as knights should. I'm glad they did, but I'm also glad the scene was heightened with emotions and how the knights were torn between their choices.

Also, I literally screeched with joy when I saw this face...
    07-17-20_11-26-25-am-1.jpg?w=1024
    ...and I was beyond convinced it was Merlin again.

Characters
    I didn't think too much about the cast changes as they aged, but I did like their development. It makes sense that Morgana would throw herself into finding out as much as she can about Camelot's enemies (frenemies??) and that she would distance herself from Uther. I also like that she was able to hone her skills and grow even more cunning, even if Uther "saw through" her defense of Arthur in the court. That was believable given who Uther is and his years of experience and wisdom (or lack thereof) as king.

I did really enjoy that Arthur and Gawain became and stayed friends and that Gawain is counted among Arthur's 'knights.' Gawain's personality has changed the least, but not in an annoying way, even if he is still pretty sheltered from reality. I don't mind him staying innocent for longer. :blush:

Arthur's loyalty to his father is believable, given the way he was raised, and his understanding of duty and honor, even if it's a bit warped by Uther's logic (and his hatred of druids). I was impressed with Arthur's calm and decision about the druids and felt that it was good that he was able to make his own decision away from his father in the moment. I also appreciated how he attempted to take full responsibility for the situation (and how Morgana is still defending/protecting him). It speaks to his character and strength to make a decision like he did and own in front of his dad, the king.
    I love their unique personalities shining through...

their dialogue...

Elyan - “Sure, my lord. Next time someone says that an assassin should have succeeded in murdering you, I’ll make sure to smile and play nice.”
    I laughed so hard at this line. :lol:

their beliefs...
    Percival - all his lines defending against his 'crush' on Sofia :blush: and his hard line against the druids. I have my doubts about him.

and their expressions...
    Lancelot -
    07-15-20_2-40-38-pm.jpg?w=1024 Priceless! At this point, he seems the most sensible of the three as he warns Gawain to get help when facing an enemy and tries to stop the brawl in the tavern.

Side note... can I say...
    07-15-20_2-55-39-pm.jpg?w=1024 ...how much that I love that this is Marcus Flex? :lol:
    Yes, he is the crown prince. It makes sense that they would argue with him (because he's lower than the king) but ultimately back his decision (because he's higher than them). I already mentioned above that I appreciated Arthur's choice here, and the dilemma he faced. I also think Morgana's 'excuse' was believable and would allow Arthur to feel better about his choice. It was the right decision, and that speaks to Arthur's code of honor and justice. In a perfect world, people in need, regardless of who they are, are human (abilities or not) and it is a king's duty (and subsequently Arthur's) to protect their citizens. I was glad to see Arthur be decisive and just.
    I already mentioned earlier that I like Guinevere's introduction as a lady maid of Morgana's who has a crush on Arthur. I also love that you made her a redhead. :grin: It makes sense to me that Morgana would adopt a teasing sort-of relationship with her lady servants. She doesn't have many friends, or any 'real' friends, and she needs moments of 'girl time.'
    I love their dynamic. They are equal and opposites. I both love and hate Richard's character, respect and fear him. I guess that's the point. It's fascinating watching the 'game' they are playing and sensing the underlying danger. I want to say 'You're playing with fire' to Morgana, but I feel that is is apropos to say the same to Richard. Both are formidable opponents. I am worried for Morgana a bit more so a) because she's our protagonist, and b) to Richard, she appears to be something to be conquered and probably tamed rather than an equal and fierce contender (and love). I have a feeling if these two set aside their politicking and their blackmail, they would be an excellent match. Alas, I cannot say Richard has my vote as a husband for Morgana, but I fear that's the direction the story will go in, and I'm all for it. It would be fascinating to see how Morgana copes and cons (or melts or destroys) Richard! :lol:
    I literally squealed! I was so happy to see him again. Also his backwoodsman look is delightful and attractive in so many ways. :blush: I'm rooting for a Merlin-Morgana reunion in more than one way. :wink: But... that's probably no where near where the story is going... a girl can dream! :love:

Okay, for some seriousness, I loved how he requested help from the 'enemy.' It took a lot of humility and strength to do so. I was worried for him and for the druids for a hot minute. I hoped Arthur would make the right decision. Also, when Emrys used magic it sealed the deal for me. My assumptions were true and I couldn't be more excited. I also liked how he 'tricked' them out of necessity. He didn't want to give the knights the impression that he was powerful and a threat. But oh he is! And I'm eating it all up. You go Emrys! I would've done the same thing! Although, I am nervous about his future and the safety of the druids.

*chants* More Merlin! More Merlin! More Merlin! Haha. I want to see more of that man on screen a) because he's glorious to look at, and b) oh the delicious drama that will ensue! And danger somehow makes this man all the more attractive to me. Haha. Seriously. :blush: Merlin... er.... Emrys grew up well.

I want to see more druids and learn more of their backstory and why the kingdom is so fearful of them, and why they are hated so much. We've heard the story of the May Day incident but not much leading up to it.

I would love to see more of Lancelot and the other knights. To see their reactions to the situation that happened in the woods and then the king's decision to 'let' Arthur slide this once. I also am curious about Percival's particular hatred of druids and why it is so strong. Is it brainwashing or did he have a bad experience with druids? Or lose someone he loved?

I want to see more Morgana scheming against Richard.

I am curious if you will go the route of Merlin being an asset to King Arthur's court or if you'll be nontraditional and make them enemies (frenemies?? - again I hate to use that word, but it feels apropos) or mutually beneficial allies.

I'd be interested to see Guinevere and Arthur interact. I'm not sure how soon you plan on this given she is a servant and he is a member of the royal family.

I want to see more conflicted Arthur. I think he is intriguing and has a lot of potential to stand up to his father and be his own man, but I fear he will first slip to the "dark side" and make decisions that will put the druids in danger... and possibly even Morgana... if he leans toward the duty-over-family-and-honor direction.

I hate to say this... but... eek! :grimace: Gawain... needs to mature a little, and realize the world is not as black and white as it seems. And I hate to think of crushing my sweet cinnamon roll, but... it has to be done. *sigh* Okay, maybe not crush, but some of the blinders need to come off. I do think he will come out stronger for it, and grow into a better and even more honorable man. I'm honestly trying to remember Gawain from the original tale and I don't think he's ever stood out for me as much as your Gawain has.

Plot

Oh Morgana, I feel like I can't answer this question accurately. She is a child here, and I'm a full grown woman. If I'm answering as a child, I would've reacted similarly. The truth was so over my head and discovering it would be shocking to the system, and painful. I think I would retreat inward and distance myself from my father, whom I've always looked up to and feared and respected. Now I would be afraid of him, most likely, and distance would help me cope. I also think as I grew older, I would be compelled to look for the truth even more. It is completely plausible that I would want to know all the secrets, to protect myself and prevent myself from such devastating loss again. I would be obsessed with creating a bubble around my heart to prevent myself from ever feeling that much pain again.

If I'm answering as a woman... I'm still torn. Part of the 21st century me would want to immediately go and confront my father. To chew Uther and Ag out. However, I know that at the time, women had a different place in society, even royal women, and I'm not sure that outburst would go well for either of us. So I think I would resolve to do something similarly, seek out more answers, distance myself from my father, but I would maybe... confide in someone? The tricky part is I'm not sure who Morgana can trust/confide in, and certainly telling her brother could backfire in so many disastrous ways, including the worst, in my opinion, where he doesn't believe her. I wish she could talk to Merlin... or she really needs a trustworthy female friend. It really is lonely at the top.

As for Arthur, there is no doubt in my mind that honor comes before loyalty. I would have done the exact same thing. I would've heard out the different arguments from my knights, but ultimately decided to defy my father's decree and help the people in the woods, no matter who they were or what powers they possessed. I would also be the one to take full responsibility for my actions, but I would be sure as plum nervous about it.

Writing

I didn't really notice the text size or comparison to pictures. I often read on my phone and so everything is tiny and I have to blow up images to look at them closely. I often read your story on my phone and then I go and look at the images on my computer later to fully appreciate the work and detail.

I love lore. As you can probably tell with my own stories. Sometimes too much... in my own stories, that is. I really would love to hear more lore about the Camelot world you have built and are building. I am curious about your take on a traditional and well-known story and the world where the characters reside. I thought the druid oath was done particularly well through the dialogue and illustrated through the actions and images. It flowed nicely with the story. I do agree with some of the other readers that the dragon bit, while fascinating, did make the chapter a little long. I would've broken up the chapter into multiple parts, but I would've kept all the story and lore bits.

Pictures
    I think I got ahead of myself and answered some of this earlier. Oh wait... I accidentally lost the stuff I typed. Drr... trying this again...

Morgana's eyes are often hidden or cast down, which makes it difficult to 'see' the light, as you put it.

Gawain's eyes always look as though they are shining and I love that about him. I never want the light to go out. :bawling: *sniffles* Even if I'm asking for it... and it may be necessary for the plot.

Arthur's light and lack of light illustrates his inner turmoil and the tug between good and evil, right and wrong.

I'll also say I loved the knights' expressions, particularly as they were discussing what to do with the druids and how to respond to the mercenaries. I think their expressions are particularly telling of their emotional/mental state and conflict.

Arthur - There is a decisiveness in his expression. He has a commanding presence with his knights, and is willing to listen to them, but ultimately make his own decision and still commands (rather than demands) their fealty and respect. Some might argue (ahem! Uther) that he made an emotional decision, but I saw logic behind his choice (which Morgana argues as well) and honor, upholding (the ideal) Camelot's principles to protect the people.

Lancelot - loyal to Arthur, but not blind loyalty. You can sense his tension because he knows the laws and he probably anticipates dissent among the knights, but he will do his sworn duty without openly questioning his leader.

Gawain - Honestly, Gawain looks a little star struck here. Haha. :love: His loyalty to Arthur is unquestioning and it's a bit blind and naive. You can see it written all over his face, and it's understandable given both his friendship with Arthur and Morgana and his status in society. I also believe he has demonstrated a determination to pursue justice based on previous actions, so of all Arthur's men, he would most likely want to go along with his prince's plan.

Percival - His disdain of druids is so apparent. He is the most loyal to the law, and rather begrudgingly agrees to assist. He is among the first to threaten Merlin... er... Emyrs as well, and you can see it in his eyes. I think he is both afraid and angry.

Elyan - He seems the most confused or conflicted. He wants to protest with his "My lord..." but he knows his place. Based on his expression, he is somewhere between the logic of Lancelot and the loyalty to the letter of the law of Percival.

Even Emrys - We can't see his face, but his arms up show a sort-of deference, a call for help, and a desire to appear non-threatening (which to me, is a sign of wisdom).

You can also see their personalities in this image.
    07-22-20_4-42-06-pm.jpg?w=1024
    ...in their reactions to Emyrs' sudden appearance.

Neither Lancelot nor Arthur drew swords. Both are guarded in their expressions. Arthur is better at hiding it. I can imagine something along the lines of "show no fear in the face of an enemy" or anyone really coming out of Uther's mouth when training Arthur. Also we can't see Arthur's sword but I feel this is fitting too. Of the group, he is probably the most recognizable and wouldn't need to show his sword as a sign of power. He automatically commands attention, and it would be the others' duty to protect/serve him.

Later Lancelot's expression when he asks the man to identify himself speaks to me of a commander, and a good one. Lancelot is calm and mostly collected under pressure, and his question on behalf of the prince and the group speaks to me also of wisdom. Also Lancelot's sword is tilted ever so slightly so he's ready if need be, but does not need to jump to conclusions or escalate the situation needlessly.

Gawain's sword is half-up. To me, this speaks of his inexperience and his hesitance to run into battle or any decision for that matter. His narrowed eyebrows and eyes though do speak to his concern and caution.

Elyan's sword is up, and since he's in front, it makes sense. A show of force against an unknown that stepped out of darkness? I'd probably raise my sword too. His expression seems calmer and more collected than...

Percival's. Percival is ready for a fight here and you can see it on his face. He's the most guarded, and the least open to an alliance.

I was going to say this above, but I got ahead of myself again. Haha. Okay, I could dissect your images all day long! Squee! :love: I love how important the images are to the story as well as the words. Personally, I tend to pay more attention to words, but since reading your story, I have started to pay much closer attention to pictures. Your images never disappoint. It is always a delightful treat. I think writers, myself included, struggle between the need to illustrate the story with pictures and the need to describe what is happening in the prose so the reader can have both. For me, your images enhance and expand the story rather than distract or act as placeholders. I admire and appreciate this ability.

Questions
    Ahhhh... plum bunnies! I don't know if I can limit myself to five. Haha. I'll try.

Lancelot
    (Just because I loved your response in the Tales of Camelot thread)
    Tell us about your relationship with Arthur. Do you consider him a friend as well as your lord?
    What are your thoughts about the future of the kingdom of Camelot? (does that count as two or three?? :grimace: )

Morgana
    If you had one wish for the future, what would it be?

Arthur
    What kind of leader do you aspire to be?

Guinevere
    (if I am permitted and my other question only counts as 2)... when did you first notice/what attracted you to Arthur?

...er... that was probably more than 5... feel free to toss out a response if there's a similar one from other readers, or if I've asked too many! Haha. :sweat_smile:

Okay I have some questions for you, @_sims_Yimi
    Will we learn more about Ygraine, Arthur and Morgana's mother? I feel like there are some loose ends there, and it's totally okay if you're leaving it open-ended. You don't need my permission. Haha. I'm just curious.

Is there a reason Emyrs a.k.a. Merlin choose to retain his magical abilities and not take a vow of non-violence? I understand logically in the context of his (original) character, but I'm curious about his decision personally. I don't think it's too spoilery of a question, but I'd understand if you skip this one or leave it vague. So if you're willing to answer... :wink:

What made you choose to make Guinevere a lady servant? As I mentioned above, I like this version of Guinevere. I think it's fitting.

Does Morgana still have a spy at her disposal in Nemeth?
    07-20-20_3-23-50-pm.jpg?w=1024
    I marvel at this image. How did you manage to capture it? Or what CC or photoshopping did you use?

I wonder if the Camelotters... (Camelotians?...) er... :sweat_smile: royals of Camelot will ever visit Nemeth or any of the other surrounding kingdoms. Can you remind me of the geography? I recall at least one other kingdom mentioned earlier in the story.

Will Morgana continue to learn/study her abilities/powers and use them? I realize you may not be able to answer this question, but I had to ask. :tongue:

If Arthur and his knights had chosen against helping Emyrs, how would you have written the scene? Okay... resisting the urge to add additional comments/questions around this so as not to influence you too much.

Whew! I think that's everything. Well, no not everything. :sweat_smile: You haven't heard the last from me. I'm curious to read other's responses and see where we are similar and where we differ. I love this story, and your unique Sims take on it, @_sims_Yimi. I can't wait to read more and breathlessly anticipate another chapter... or two...or ten! Haha!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi These are my responses to other people's comments, but I tag you below so I thought I'd just put your name here too. :) It is your awesome story after all! :smile:

@Duvelina
    I loved the characters as children. They could have been children for much longer and I would have enjoyed it just as much...
    @Duvelina I feel similarly, but I didn't know how to say this.
    Tiny things like Morgana and Arthur both absolutely freaking out over a spider, and Gawain catching it and setting it free. Innocent things like that XD
    Oh I'd love to see those shorts, @_sims_Yimi

Again, @Duvelina, I felt like this was well said. I was so focused on the new revelation in my response than the wrapping up of story lines, but @sims_Yimi did an excellent job of both.
    I love that after all these years Sarah is still around and hanging out with Morgana.
    Opps...I forgot about Sarah. I just recall Sarah standing out to me only because she was one of the servants who took money/bets on Arthur and Gawain's sparring? Or was that someone else? Haha. Also something about Sarah and Arthur's penchant for treats. Sarah doesn't stand out too much to me, but like @Duvelina, I'm grateful she remains a loyal servant and (dare I say?) closest thing to a friend for Morgana.
    Guinevere is cute and seems sweet. I think it's a nice detail that she has a huge crush on Arthur. So far, I thought it was believable. I do think it's a little harsh to tease Guinevere with her crush so relentlessly since everyone knows she'll never be able to be with him. That must be hard for her.

Honestly, I didn't think about this, but it's such a valid point, @Duvelina. I just assumed somehow Arthur and Guinevere would find a way to be together, but with her station in life, I don't know if that will be possible. And that would be painful for Guinevere. I do love that you went with a non-traditional role for Guinevere, @_sims_Yimi.
    It's tense, but it's a good kind of tension. When they were together I almost felt like they could kiss at any moment. I think they've both found their match and it's a case of one-upping each other. In TV shows these kind of relationships often lead to romantic ones. I'd be up for a good hate-to-love.

Honestly, I'm hoping for this too. I hope that things would work out for them, but I'm fearful they will not. I did write something about how it would be fascinating to see if Morgana cajoles and cons Richard, if she melts him and he, in turn, her or vice versa, or if she breaks him/he breaks her. Gah! I feel like I'd be up to see any of the above, @_sims_Yimi :grimace::grin::heart:

@Skeilah
    You can call it ‘darker’ but I call it ‘more exiting to read’.
    Gold! I love this line! I couldn't agree more! :smiley:
    Also Lancelot would be funny, or Elyan. Kid background stories or something. YEAH.
    Yes! I am all for some side story shenanigans, the knights as children! Please make this a thing, @_sims_Yimi! Okay... I realized that sounded demanding... haha. If you want to... I would love to read it!

@mercuryfoam
    I thought it was chilling.
    Excellent adjective!!
    Looking back I realised Agravine may have been trying to protect her after all. He’s still all shades grey and shady though.
    Ooooh. I didn't think of it that way. That's actually a good point. I'd love to believe he's not really a bad guy, just making decisions based on the king's law and policies, and influenced by his own experiences, good and bad. "All shades grey and shady..." :lol: So true.
    Why is magic so exhaustive to Emrys? I assumed he was a really powerful druid.
    This is a really great question and one I'd like to ask also, @_sims_Yimi.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    Amg thank you so much for the incredibly detailed comment :love: I'm going to read it again later and take my time to answer but I wanted to address this one now since it's come up twice:
    Why is magic so exhaustive to Emrys? I assumed he was a really powerful druid.
    This is an interesting one. It’ll show up later in the story, but it’s mostly background lore, so I don’t mind telling you this now. :mrgreen:
    The way I see magic, everyone that has the talent for it has a “well” of magic power to draw from. Different things require different amounts of energy to pull off. The closer to nature they are, the easier it is to do. F.E. making a flower bloom or fruit ripen is very easy. Changing the flow of water or the direction of wind is more difficult.
    But when you start going against the laws of nature – conjuring fire from nothing, levitating objects or people, etc. – it becomes incredibly difficult to do. And most magic-users aren’t able to do it at all.
    So Emrys actually showed quite a display of power there. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @AdamsEve1231 I love your dissection and analysis of the pictures in the story!
    Pictures

I honestly didn't notice, but once again, I'm not a very detail-oriented person. I think that's super cool though and I'll keep an eye out for it from now on! I wonder why Morgana barely has any light and Arthur sometimes. I'd think it'd be the other way around but maybe Morgana has less light in her life than I thought she did. :D

I definitely think you became more comfortable and confident with taking pictures. They're becoming better with time. Your pictures have improved for sure. I'm also impressed with your posing. I can imagine the horror of posing the guys on their horses. I was in awe of the picture with the dragon in front of the moon. So beautiful! Nothing I found jarring, by the way.
    Does someone know why my Sims keep stopping their interactions and start playing the violin/guitar/idk what else, or continuously want to act practicing?😂
    @AdamsEve1231 Massive answer coming in. Oh gods. Here goes. XD
    I do love that you chose to tell this story from Morgana's perspective rather than Arthur's.
    Morgana was always the more interesting one to me. I actually really dislike how they portray her as the evil counterpart to flawless Arthur in many of the stories, so I wanted to show the other side, so to speak.
    I do like that you made it Uther rather than Arthur who committed the truly heinous deed. I always felt that little dark tidbit was not merely a blight on Arthur's (otherwise) good reputation but a serious detour of character.
    I feel the same way. Especially because of how casually it was mentioned in the original story, like it was a minor blemish instead of an outrageous act that went against everything Arthur stands for. It’s so out of left field that it doesn’t feel like something the character would actually do, you know?
    I am all for the darkness!
    And to think that I was worried about this, @everyone. xD Everyone so far has given the exact same answer, haha.
    ..how much that I love that this is Marcus Flex?
    I enjoy grabbing random townies for picture taking, and that’s usually whoever is nearby. Marcus played his role exceptionally well, though. xD
    *chants* More Merlin! More Merlin! More Merlin!
    Hahaha, it seems many people have a consensus on this, too. I’ll see what I can do. Druids are hard to find, after all.
    I hate to say this... but... eek! :grimace: Gawain... needs to mature a little, and realize the world is not as black and white as it seems. And I hate to think of crushing my sweet cinnamon roll, but... it has to be done. *sigh*
    08-13-20-8-12-04-PM.jpg
    Lancelot: "What is it?"
    Gawain: "I felt a chill..."
    You can also see their personalities in this image. ...in their reactions to Emyrs' sudden appearance.
    Amg I’m so happy with this analysis <3 I put a lot of effort into that picture, haha. Your description is spot-on!

QUESTION TIMEZ

Lancelot
    Tell us about your relationship with Arthur. Do you consider him a friend as well as your lord?
    08-14-20-11-30-52-AM.jpg
    “I’ve known Prince Arthur since he was little. As the son of a Duke, it’s only natural that our paths would cross often. He’s a good man. I do consider him a friend – but he is my lord first, and a friend second. Even if I have to remind myself of that sometimes. Such are the limitations of a vassal compared to his future King.”

What are your thoughts about the future of the kingdom of Camelot?
    08-14-20-11-30-13-AM.jpg
    ”That is a difficult question. We are currently at war with Cornwall, and although relations with Nemeth are strong, I know that they want to make a claim on our southern lands. My Duke’s territory is part of those lands.”

08-14-20-11-29-38-AM.jpg
    “On top of that, the citizens of Albion have just had a very harsh winter. They’re not happy with King Uther. Tensions are high. If we want to stop another uprising in the future… they need something to pacify them. Or someone to look up to. And it can’t be Prince Arthur or Princess Morgana.”

Morgana
    If you had one wish for the future, what would it be?
    08-14-20-11-37-03-AM.jpg
    “I want the day to come where I can welcome Merlin back to Camelot without him having to fear for his life. I want people to live together without prejudice. Without hatred for magic. I know it’s not possible. It's evil. And the world doesn't work that way. But I can’t help it.”

08-14-20-11-37-39-AM.jpg
    “I don’t want to be the villain.”

Arthur
    What kind of leader do you aspire to be?
    08-12-20-9-00-17-AM.jpg
    “I want to be the kind of King that people can rely on. A just King, that rules over everyone fairly. A leader that is respected like my father – but one that is loved, too."

08-12-20-9-31-51-AM.jpg
    "I’ve noticed that that is almost impossible to do, though. There are too many strings attached. Too many consequences to every decision. Sometimes there just doesn’t seem to be a right option. And I haven’t found the solution to that yet.”

Guinevere
    When did you first notice/what attracted you to Arthur?
    08-14-20-11-42-30-AM.jpg
    “Oh… well…”

08-14-20-11-47-53-AM.jpg
    “Yes, Gwen. What did attract you to Arthur? I’ll be sure to make him to do it again.”
    “Milady!”

Moi (ermagewd. Questions for me <3)
    Will we learn more about Ygraine, Arthur and Morgana's mother?
    Yes, absolutely! I very much intend to re-visit Ygraine at some point in the future.

Is there a reason Emyrs a.k.a. Merlin choose to retain his magical abilities and not take a vow of non-violence?
    08-14-20-11-58-24-AM.jpg
    “Sorry, Watcher. I’m jumping in here. I didn’t take their vow because… I can’t do it. These people took me in when I was near-death. They did everything for me. They never even asked where I came from or who I was. I could have been anybody, and they accepted me into their family.”

08-14-20-11-57-54-AM.jpg
    “They’re too good. They couldn’t hurt anyone if their life depended on it. I understand their way of thinking… but it’s too dangerous. Their secrecy is all they have. You saw what happened with those mercenaries. They can’t defend themselves. If Arthur and his men hadn’t shown up when they did… I shudder to think how my people would have met their end.”

08-14-20-11-58-16-AM.jpg
    “That’s why I can’t do it. They need a shepherd to keep the wolves away. If that has to be me, then so be it.”

What made you choose to make Guinevere a lady servant?
    Arthur has Gawain (as well as his other would-be knights) to confide in, but when I was thinking about who to place where, Morgana had nobody. Well, besides Sarah, but she was already a teenager when Morgana was born – she’s old enough to be her mother. If I made Guinevere a fellow noble, then Morgana would have seen her as a potential enemy, and never would have lowered her guard.

Does Morgana still have a spy at her disposal in Nemeth?
    Yes! Helios is still there.

I marvel at this image. How did you manage to capture it? Or what CC or photoshopping did you use?
    Oof, I’m terrible at keeping track of CC. Oh, hang on, found it! I used this for the dragon and the TOOL mod to get it as high in the air as possible. Then it was a matter of angling the camera just right. I use this to edit my pictures.

I wonder if the Camelotters... (Camelotians?...) er... :sweat_smile: royals of Camelot will ever visit Nemeth or any of the other surrounding kingdoms. Can you remind me of the geography? I recall at least one other kingdom mentioned earlier in the story.
    Sure! There’s Albion with Camelot, where the main cast lives. It’s sims-England in medieval times. There’s Nemeth to the south, with Richard and Mithian. Im imagining that to be medieval sims-France. Cornwall lies next to that, so I suppose that would be either The Netherlands or Germany. And finally there’s Wessex to the west of Albion. Geography-wise…. Schotland/Ireland, maybe? Mind you, none of these are even remotely historically accurate, haha.
    Off-screen they have visited, many times already. It may work its way into a chapter at some point in the future! Nemeth’s castle in particular is stunning.

Will Morgana continue to learn/study her abilities/powers and use them?
    :smirk:

If Arthur and his knights had chosen against helping Emyrs, how would you have written the scene?
    Okay, so this is an interesting one. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but sometimes I like to be surprised by my story, too. So whenever there’s a very big decision to be made… I roll for it. With modifiers depending on the person’s beliefs and mental state, but yeah. Turns out that saving the druids was the better outcome. By a mile.

If they had decided to not aid them, but not get rid of them, half of the druids would have died, including Muiri and one of the children. That would have sent the other one off the deep end, and would probably have made them come back to haunt them as a villain in the future.

If Arthur had decided to follow the law, then things would have taken a very dark turn. Other druid casualties aside, there were children in that camp. “do we help them or not” would have turned into “do we execute children or not”, which would have had a significant impact on everyone in the group. Most of all Gawain.

Not to mention that Emrys would have turned into a permanent enemy in both of those cases. I’m very glad I did not roll that outcome.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Questions

All my questions are for my fave.

Arthur
    1. Are you having a hard time living up to the expectations of your father?
    2. Who is your favourite person to be around?
    3. What do you like to do in your downtime?
    4. Do you find it hard to balance your authority as a prince with having friends?
    5. Do you have a favourite horse or do horses not mean much to you?
    @Duvelina
    I think that's super cool though and I'll keep an eye out for it from now on!
    Eye see what you did there, Duvie. xD

Arthur
    1. Are you having a hard time living up to the expectations of your father?
    08-15-20-4-05-35-PM.jpg
    “Well… yes. But that is to be expected. I’m the future King, so father is naturally more strict with me than he is with Morgana. I understand why. And I know that father’s views are correct and align with the laws of Albion, but, well… it’s not always easy to follow them. I know that he wants what’s best for us, and what’s best for Albion. And those don’t always align, either. Being King is a difficult job. You’re going to hurt someone no matter what you do… and sometimes you have to think of the greater good.”

2. Who is your favourite person to be around?
    08-15-20-4-06-53-PM.jpg
    “…Gawain. But don’t ever tell him I said that. I’ll throw you in the dungeon.”
    Arthur, you’re talking to a trans-dimensional being that rules an entire sim-universe.
    “I don’t care. I’m throwing them in the dungeon anyway.”

3. What do you like to do in your downtime?
    08-15-20-4-03-11-PM.jpg

4. Do you find it hard to balance your authority as a prince with having friends?
    08-15-20-4-06-18-PM.jpg
    “There are moments when it is difficult. I like my men, and I envy how friendly they can be with each other. I cannot do the same. Not like that. We’ve been raised to adhere to proper etiquette. Even Elyan, though he’d rather hide in a broom closet. Regardless of how I feel about them… they are my vassals, and I am their lord. We are not equals.”

08-15-20-4-06-03-PM.jpg
    “…I hate that, sometimes.”

5. Do you have a favourite horse or do horses not mean much to you?
    08-15-20-4-10-49-PM.jpg
    “I have five of them, but my favourite is the mare that you saw me ride to Murkwood. Her name is Llamrei. She’s been with me since I was old enough to ride. I have a hoof-shaped dent in my ribs from where she kicked me, actually.”
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @_sims_Yimi

Plot, Writing, Pictures, Questions
    Plot

I’d do the same as Morgana. Finding out about May day. I would come to the realisation that
    • I cannot trust my own dad. (Or my dad and I have different moral compasses.)
    • I cannot trust Agravine / my own family.
    Hence, May Day would affect my ability to trust people. And yet humans are social creatures so I imagine myself on a quest (either unaware or actively) searching for trustworthy people so in that sense I’d probably do as Morgana and become critical of people’s words and actions, always trying to find out their motivations and truth behind their words.

I’d also probably want to change the ruling system of the kingdom. Because May Day would’ve showed me how truly horrible a Monarchy system is. The fact that through one man’s word, 66 babies can lose their life like that. I’d have a love-hate relationship with power but will ultimately seek it because I don’t want to be in the short end of the stick when another May Day happens. Ofc as child Morgana I’d probably be more caught up with the people game (wanting to know who my true allies are). So this changing the ruling system would probably come later as I learn more rules of the court and become more confident in my knowledge and position as princess.

Ah man this is tricky, I asked this myself as I was reading this too. What would I do as Arthur? Because
    • I’ve been indoctrined that Druids are evil and powerful and my letting them go would put my kingdom in danger.
    • And yet as I’m watching, these druids just can’t seem to fight for themselves. Are they truly as evil
    • Can I break years of indoctrination and belief based on a few minutes of observation. Should I believe my eyes than what’s been drilled in my head for years?

I’m going to sound like a huge bad guy but this is probably what will happen if I were Arthur.
    I believe in honorable battles (Don’t fight unarmed enemies for example.) So I would order my men to save the villagers. But Emrys’s display of magic would ‘cement’ my years of adopted bias against druids. That they are (potentially) a threat to my kingdom. I won’t cause a scene then because I have my men’s lives to account for and they’ve just done one battle, but I am also responsible for the safety of hundreds/thousands (?) of lives back in my kingdom. I’d make a mental note of the place, people, number etc details. Ride back to the kingdom asap and send out scouts to spy on these villagers. I want to be informed of every sneeze and fart from that village and if a hair so much sticks out I’d be on to them with a fresh batch of soldiers and stronger artillery and weapons since I know what they’re capable of. I’d be aware that the villagers may move and I’d lose them with the amount of travelling time in between and would consider leaving behind one knight to spy but… Idk if anyone of his knight-in-training have that kind of stealth and wilderness skill so that may be too suspicious. Guess there’s no such thing as a fail proof plan sigh.

Writing

I didn’t notice haha. But I do have a preference for larger words so I’m actually not happy about the word size on my own blog. So if you like it, do keep it since I know I prefer larger font!

I like world lore that is presented as part of the story because I know it will be relevant later on and gives me an idea of what to expect in the future. <3

Pictures

Morgana’s eyes growing dim was the most obvious when she found out during May Day (I mean her eyes were centered upon so it’s kinda hard not to notice). I did notice a chapter or two before May Day that at certain scenes she seemed to have lifeless eyes and it was in line with what was happening. I thought ‘Wow you really know how to take pictures’ (because EA default eyes have that weird highlight at certain angles.) If you manually edited the eyes I’m stunned. So much work!

Are your character’s eyes a face paint/makeup? If they are you could duplicate it in S4Studio and edit it to make it dull. So whenever your story requests such eyes for certain moments, all you need to do is use MC Dresser to switch in between. :) That could save you some time with editing.

Oh your pictures are fab now! So much improvement in so little chapters! I also like that your pictures have borders. It makes everything self-contained and neat. Nope, love the color schemes, love the borders, like the closeups/far, like how they are placed in text. No complains from me.

Questions

Oh I only just realised I wasn’t supposed to ask Richard anything haha! Well I guess I’m lucky then xD
    (I want to play devil’s advocate and ask Mithian but LOL I’m so cheating if I do so ok I’ll ask someone else)

1.Uther: There’s Morgana’s betrothal, unrest among your people, the threat of war and the recent plague. I’m assuming the knight’s tournament is a distraction and serves to strengthen the bond between nations and of your own people. Personally, what issue are you most concern with? (Doesn’t need to be one of these three, could be your own children)

2.Morgana: What is an aspect of your own kingdom (can be people in your kingdom too) that you don’t think you know as much as you should?

3.Gawain:
    Now that you’ve attained your dream of becoming a knight (or working your way there), how do you feel about it/yourself? Is it as you expected? ( The work conditions, the code you have to uphold, the authority, the <everything>)
    @_sims_Yimi
    "I felt a chill."
    I'm so sorry Gawain. Cinnamon rolls should be warm and gooey. :grimace::bawling::lol::tongue:

Also :heart: Lancelot for no particular reason other than he seems like a good guy. And it helps that he's nice to look at. :wink::blush: You create beautiful Sims.

Morgana's wish is beautiful and heartbreaking. :cry:

I do really like the conflicted prince.

Awww Gwen. I see what you did there. :wink: side stepping my 'extra' question. Haha.

Holy guacamole! I got an answer from Emrys himself. :open_mouth::blush::love: Thank you. That was unexpected.

I love how you roll at random and use modifiers to help determine the direction of your story. That's awesome. I do dice rolls for some things too in my TS4 stories. Now I want to do it more. :smile:

Haha... love Arthur's pose in @Duvelina's question about what he does in his spare time. Now I'm wondering about other characters... *ahem* the knights.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest