Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Obsession with white cake

My Sims seem to be obsessed with making white cakes. Even visiting Sims will go to the kitchen and bake a white cake. What's the deal with white cake? Am I missing something? I mean I like cake too, but I mean come on Sims!

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sims autonomously cook cake? Also hate that it’s under “cook” instead of bake. My sims/or guests never cook me cake. I always have to force them too. And when I do I go for blue confetti cake. I’d appreciate some cake every now and then
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I wish there was a way to age sims up besides cakes and parties that won't make them sad, because my sims seem to eat an awful lot of cake! They don't seem to make it autonomously though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yea this has been happening since University. I’m still waiting for a mod to stop it.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Blue confetti cake would be a change. No strawberry, no zombie cake either, just white cake. I think it might be the household. I am playing the BFF household and they are white cake crazy. Other households I load are not as obsessed.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    One of my sims had a roommate that took the ingredients for white cake out of the fridge like 3-4 times a day but she wouldn't cook them, just leave them on the table. My sim cooked them for her and sold them. There was just too much white cake. Think this behaviour was caused by the new NAPs that came with Eco Lifestyle.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2020
    It’s I believe the foodies untie N.A.P. I don’t notice it with my sims but some NPCs are obsessed with it after this was enacted in my sims neighborhood. However I’ve also seen reports of it in some sims in general. If you have eco Lifestyle there is an issue with N.A.Ps sometimes attaching to your sim when the visit another neighborhood with some active. I haven’t had that yet but I’ve seen it reported.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m getting this too! Guests break into my house and make white cakes incessantly! It doesn’t really bother me but it’s odd haha
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    One of my sims had a roommate that took the ingredients for white cake out of the fridge like 3-4 times a day but she wouldn't cook them, just leave them on the table. My sim cooked them for her and sold them. There was just too much white cake. Think this behaviour was caused by the new NAPs that came with Eco Lifestyle.

Maybe the roommate is trying to be very subtle in their messaging. "Stop baking all of those cakes, my jeans don't zip anymore!" ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe the roommate is trying to be very subtle in their messaging. "Stop baking all of those cakes, my jeans don't zip anymore!" ;)

The roommate was skinny. Don't know what was up with the cakes but she did leave passive-aggressive notes around for my sim to read. No cat/funny pictures, no recipe/ingredients list, no nice inspirational message, birthday card or whatever, just passive-aggressive notes.
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    It’s I believe the foodies untie N.A.P. I don’t notice it with my sims but some NPCs are obsessed with it after this was enacted in my sims neighborhood. However I’ve also seen reports of it in some sims in general. If you have eco Lifestyle there is an issue with N.A.Ps sometimes attaching to your sim when the visit another neighborhood with some active. I haven’t had that yet but I’ve seen it reported.

This could definately explain it. Since EL, my sims have been obsessed with baking cake. They'll be eating and literally stop to bake a cake. It does seem like Foodies Unite is a common NAP when I load different neighborhoods. Time to repeal the Cake Baking!!
  • TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    Yeah after the Foodie N.A.P. hit all the sims were obsessed with baking white cakes. I repealed it but STILL all my sims do is bake cakes. even if they aren't hungry.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yeah after the Foodie N.A.P. hit all the sims were obsessed with baking white cakes. I repealed it but STILL all my sims do is bake cakes. even if they aren't hungry.

I am so sad about what a flaming huge disappointing buggy mess that N.A.Ps turned out to be! The developers need to fix the spammy issues with ALL the buggy NAPs immediately. It's making the gameplay unbearable sometimes. They really need to redo that whole feature basically. A huge part of the pack are these plans because they are so invasive and it's sad that they work so terribly.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yesterday for the first time, my sim's bff who has a key, came into her house while she was at work and baked a white cake. At the time I thought, um okay, that was nice.

I knew there was some reason why I was hesitating to make a NAP in my older saves. First off, I don't have that many lots in sections of the neighborhood to even try to take a vote, as some of them have only one household and 3 community lots. My sims are making stuff on their home lots, many are rich enough in my main save that buying all the machinery hasn't been a problem. The individual lots are turning green rather than whole sections or whole neighborhoods. I'm okay with that. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    This issue was the "final drop" for me in terms of issues. My Sim's GF came over, baked 3 white cakes in a row before I had to kick her out again for making a mess in my home. Every time she came to visit.

Game is currently driving me crazy and I'm waiting to play until they get a handle on it again.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Now I am certain it is NAP related. I turned that neighborhood green with all the homes updated. It only happens there. It is not happening in the neighborhood that went industrial or the ones that are neutral, so far
  • wew1331wew1331 Posts: 4 New Member
    Please, for the love of my sanity, when is the white cake bug going to be fixed?
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited June 2020
    I have this issue and do not have the foodies unite nap. I had a club gathering and people made 7 white cakes. They even made a couple of the low carb brown cakes(whatever they are called). As soon as I cleared a counter space they started again. I also had 4 cakes started but not finished. It’s crazy.

Edited to say this is in Windenburg not the new neighborhood.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    It used to only be one sim but now all adult sims in my household make cakes. Its insane. They forget to make regular meals.
  • Goat_LadyGoat_Lady Posts: 2 New Member
    All my sims are also obsessed with baking white cakes. Although one surprised me and made a carob cake. ????
  • Goat_LadyGoat_Lady Posts: 2 New Member
    Is is just me, or does anyone else have the same 8 bars of a song playing constantly during regular game play? Has this always been the case? I think I would have noticed it before. It's getting monotonous!
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    My game must just be odd.. my Sims are not making cakes, they make cheesy bread instead. At first I thought they were leaving fruit cakes everywhere, I’m not sure which is worse :D
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    Mine will bake a cake when they have a "meal prep" moodlet, but I believe that's due to a mod (SOL or Personality Please, maybe?). They never cook anything else for it though, just hamburger cake lol.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I only noticed it just now, maybe i havent installed most of my previous mods that probably fixed this.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sims autonomously cook cake? Also hate that it’s under “cook” instead of bake. My sims/or guests never cook me cake. I always have to force them too. And when I do I go for blue confetti cake. I’d appreciate some cake every now and then

It's under cook because they came with the Base Game, but baking came with Get to Work.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh my gosh, I can’t wait until the issues with NAPs are fixed!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: