Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to state that we can stream all The Sims games with in-game music on

Two days ago Twitch has received a whole bunch DMCA's from music companies on peoples stream clips. If your Twitch channel gets 3 DMCA's your channel will go down. Now the risk is not only involved with music that you played off Spotify or Youtube, but also with in-game radios. I know for sure that GTA 5 and Fallout 76 radios have triggered DMCA takedown requests.

Now I know that a long long time ago EA said that it's OK to stream and record The Sims. Since those days though I've noticed that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 stuff on Youtube will get copyright notices from music companies preventing you from monetizing the videos. That is OK. Now the issue is that this is not how Twitch handles this issue. Twitch just takes down your stream, or offending clip and issues you a strike. Effectively you can technically lose your Twitch channel for streaming The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 with intended music on, depending if the same music companies that roam on Youtube will come to Twitch too.

I want EA to protect The Sims streamers. Could we get a definite "it's OK to stream all The Sims games with unmodded The Sims music in it" from EA and could we please be allowed to point to that statement if we ever need to fight a DMCA on The Sims music?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So streaming The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 will give you a copyright strike on Twitch if you have the in-game music on?
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So streaming The Sims 2 or The Sims 3 will give you a copyright strike on Twitch if you have the in-game music on?

I don't know. It gets picked up as copyrighted music on Youtube. Up until two days ago Twitch never handled mass takedown notices.