Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mount Nelson Hotel showcase (picture-heavy and very pink)

Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
I have been working on this lot on and off since early 2019. I've put my blood, sweat in tears into this, so I am very proud of it and would like to share it on here :smiley:

Presenting Mount Nelson Hotel. My gallery name: louise_goethals. It is inspired by (and named after) a real hotel in Cape Town, South Africa.

It is a restaurant, but works perfectly as a spa lot type if you don't want DO's bugs. It only has 8 dining tables, so the service is mostly fine. The dress code is formal, which reflects the highly luxurious and high-end style of the establishment. It is the perfect place to celebrate a grand achievement, have a high tea, get pampered, have a holiday, get married and hold a honeymoon etc. The lot is very versatile.

Outside: gardens, meditation areas, pool, wedding area, basketball court (since we don't have tennis) and a dining area.
1SkrsTj.pngAsuhUYE.pngz6PFAE0.pngmteWrAT.pngK26Wz31.pngSlXPCWu.png

First floor: dining areas and lounges.dziSWYM.pngigeqQDZ.pngKqCOPfr.pngdkesWpM.png0sxudRf.pngrO6FAMa.pngS2MbAoC.pngcloexz3.png11p0guD.png
I individually set the colour and brightness of many, many lights in this build to get the perfect atmosphere. I hope it shows!
XqKpSp1.pngZjrD7Ru.pngvngsxhU.png

Second floor: spa, salon, "gambling" (card-playing) room, study, sauna and changing room.
PDMxrS8.pngcHrkeWz.pngUgoEwJC.png4tBU4JF.png9vhFujP.pngNXyiKrv.png1mLvLPg.pngT7xPEJ2.png5Kw7Jym.png

Third floor: en suites.
fYXImvT.png
I set the rooms to have auto lights. When sims are awake, everything is well-lit and cozy, and when they fall asleep, the lights dim.
D4IXbOX.pngld8x5S6.png6Exghrz.pngQ9uB3Ks.pngHJQCeMZ.png1zi8so0.pngX7QWfqp.pngCpXjTLI.png

Thank you for allowing me to show my build off a bit :smile: Hope it brings some other simmers joy as well.
Post edited by Louise_G0325 on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Mount Nelson Hotel is such a very beautiful and lovely build! :) It is so very,very detailed! Each area of the build, both outdoors and inside is so very lovely! The build would have involved so much work! It is a very special venue to enjoy visiting! The lighting is lovely and adds to the nice look and feel of the build. It is special that Sims also get married there<3 . The wedding area flowers are pretty!
    It is such a very lovely and special build! :)
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    Wow O_O! So, I have a question. How much would it be per night? As in, with a hotel this extravagant, would I be able to afford anything other than a glass of water? :wink: No, but in all seriousness, this is a great job! The amount of detailing is awesome!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Mount Nelson Hotel is such a very beautiful and lovely build! :) It is so very,very detailed! Each area of the build, both outdoors and inside is so very lovely! The build would have involved so much work! It is a very special venue to enjoy visiting! The lighting is lovely and adds to the nice look and feel of the build. It is special that Sims also get married there<3 . The wedding area flowers are pretty!
    It is such a very lovely and special build! :)

Thank you, @rosemow :blush: You always make such lovely comments :heart:

Wugri wrote: »
    Wow O_O! So, I have a question. How much would it be per night? As in, with a hotel this extravagant, would I be able to afford anything other than a glass of water? :wink: No, but in all seriousness, this is a great job! The amount of detailing is awesome!

Hmm, well it is the first build I've ever made that cost more than a million simoleans! So I'm guessing quite a lot. Maybe 2k per night for the single bed rooms and 2,5k for the double bed rooms. I chose many expensive items for the menu, but luckily water is always free :lol:
  • MollyG1997MollyG1997 Posts: 299 Member
    edited June 2020
    Bravo, my guy/gal! That is magnificent.
    CAGyZIg.gif
    hello neiiigghhhhbour
  • galgal Posts: 2 New Member
    wow the details here are amazing! Is it an actual replica of the real Mount Nelson?
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    gal wrote: »
    wow the details here are amazing! Is it an actual replica of the real Mount Nelson?

Thank you! :blush: No, it is simply inspired by it. The only parts where I tried to more directly replicate the hotel, are the architecture of the back of the hotel and the pink dining room with the "buffet" tables across from each other. I took a lot of creative liberties though and had to work within the limits of the game. The rest is my own imagination, inspired by the general atmosphere of Mount Nelson.
  • galgal Posts: 2 New Member
    It's really impressive! I've only been there once but the outside does look very accurate.
    I'm an artist and I'm working on a video-art piece on Mount Nelson Hotel so I'm really interested in your version. It would lovely if I could include some of this in the video I'm working on. You would be fully credited of course ;)
    I'm happy o tell you more about.