Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO Living is Complete Garbage

My game has become totally unplayable since downloading this total garbage of an expac. Weird lag and constant freezing. Why isnt' EA addressing the bugs and issues? I cant play the game I paid for.

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well the game just came out and we had two patches last one to address the save crashes. Haven't experienced any freezing or lagging (feels like my game loads even faster than usual). Only bug im experiencing thus far is furniture poofing.

I'm sure they're compiling any bugs that have arose so they can work on them. :)

Best to report any bugs and troubles you're having at the HQ bug thread and shoot them a save file. Just takes some time. I expect them to make another patch again sometime this month.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Well the game just came out and we had two patches last one to address the save crashes. Haven't experienced any freezing or lagging (feels like my game loads even faster than usual). Only bug im experiencing thus far is furniture poofing.

I'm sure they're compiling any bugs that have arose so they can work on them. :)

Best to report any bugs and troubles you're having at the HQ bug thread and shoot them a save file. Just takes some time. I expect them to make another patch again sometime this month.

furniture poofing? Like you put something down and it disappears?

And to be on topic, yeah the pack isn't worth the hype.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020

Well thought I didn't realize the sharing is caring may be active, but nope. Moved a piece of furniture maybe some odd sim hours and had noticed later that it was mysteriously M.I.A. it was perfectly fine where it was and it just kinda peaced out of existence while I wasn't looking???

Maybe im crazy but not sure if it happened to anyone else. I'll have to check again to make sure when i get home.

Performance wise things have been good if not better than ever really. Even with 9GB of CC the game boots up within 25 seconds and loading screens are no more than 10 for me when my sim travels with no lagging and curiously have not been experiencing simulation lag like I use to a long time ago.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I feel your frustration. Haven't played the game like normal without crashes since the April patch. This new patch brought freezing, yay!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    The title seems a bit misleading I think you mean your game has some technical issues. Which I am sure they will work on fixing if you report it. Maybe try repairing your game also if you didn't already.

So far everything has been smooth sailing with this pack. No lag or freezing or crashes at my end.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Lagging and freezing might be on your end because my game is running quite stable. I am pretty sure this pack upgraded the graphics. Have you lowered them in the settings to see if that helps your issues?
  • Options
    FireFly2510FireFly2510 Posts: 13 New Member
    I haven't had any lagging or crashing issues at all.

Do you use CC? perhaps that may be causing part of the problem. I have encountered a few weird bugs (mainly my pets wandering off somewhere unretrievable unless I travel to a different lot with them.
  • Options
    YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    Removed all CC, Repaired the game 3 times, went to HQ and got a response from a fellow gamer that wasnt useful. My pc is fine, I play several other games with it. Ever since I got ECO Sims has been garbage. No response from EA at all.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    My game has become totally unplayable since downloading this total garbage of an expac. Weird lag and constant freezing. Why isnt' EA addressing the bugs and issues? I cant play the game I paid for.

You need to go to Answers HQ and post your problems there. Have you gone through Origin's latest updates and got the two updates for the game? I assume you have the latest OS updates and video drivers. Probably those are important as it's for consoles like X box too.

I've had a couple of technical things I managed to sort out myself but otherwise it's running ok. I have no added mod content at all though and a gaming computer.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Well thought I didn't realize the sharing is caring may be active, but nope. Moved a piece of furniture maybe some odd sim hours and had noticed later that it was mysteriously M.I.A. it was perfectly fine where it was and it just kinda peaced out of existence while I wasn't looking???

Maybe im crazy but not sure if it happened to anyone else. I'll have to check again to make sure when i get home.

Performance wise things have been good if not better than ever really. Even with 9GB of CC the game boots up within 25 seconds and loading screens are no more than 10 for me when my sim travels with no lagging and curiously have not been experiencing simulation lag like I use to a long time ago.

Sims with recycler trait will steal their own stuff if they haven't recycled anything in a while. It will not go in their household inventory.
  • Options
    Honeybun528Honeybun528 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Sims with recycler trait will steal their own stuff if they haven't recycled anything in a while. It will not go in their household inventory.

I had to LOL for real when I read this. I haven't experienced any problems with my eco game at all, but haven't yet had a sim with this trait either. Just the thought of a sim stealing their own stuff struck me funny!

Sorry for those experiencing issues...
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    Maybe these 2 mods could help. They keep my game very smooth. I haven't had any problems at all. Hope it's ok to link there here. Sorry if it's not. And I hope you can enjoy your game soon.

https://modthesims.info/d/627246/simulation-unclogger.html
    https://www.srslysims.net/2019/05/simulation-lag-fix.html
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have not had any of those issues myself, hope that it gets fixed for you soon, Im sorry
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    So sorry you are having so many issues. Last year at this time, I was in your shoes after the Island Living update threw my game into total chaos for months. I had so many issues, I stopped counting. I haunted the help section on a daily basis, and thought i would never get my game back. It was the first time any update or pack had totally derailed my game, so I was beyond upset. But I did finally regain control after a lot of trial and error with mod fixes, a complete uninstall and install, maybe hundreds of repairs, loading only certain packs, playing without CC or mods. One day it all finally clicked, and my game was fine. To this day I have no idea what was wrong. It just happened out of the blue. I understand your frustration because I've been in your shoes. But don't give up just yet on EL. If you use mods or CC, pull that folder out and do a repair then see if doing that helps with the lag. You could have a mod or piece of CC that needs updating. Make sure your graphics card is updated. Try a lag fix mod because sometimes using a mod is the only solution when we run out of ideas about what could be wrong, or how to fix it. At one time, I was using over fifty bug fixing mods and forty mods to nuke all the autonomous actions that irked me. Thankfully, that number has gone down to ten bug fixes, and thirteen irritation nukers in the past few months. I know it feels as if your game will never get better, and you're frustrated. But sometimes we have to find our own fixes for bugs and issues because everyone's PC is different. And the fixes from Maxis don't always work the same for everyone.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2020
    Removed all CC, Repaired the game 3 times, went to HQ and got a response from a fellow gamer that wasnt useful. My pc is fine, I play several other games with it. Ever since I got ECO Sims has been garbage. No response from EA at all.

Being able to play several other games doesn't mean your PC can't have a problem with this one. Your mods/CC might have damaged your save so that even repairing doesn't help. Try a brand new game with no mods and see if the problems are still there.
  • Options
    The game is now crashing my computer. After working intermittently for a day or two its now freezing and crashing. It also crashes my browser and my work VPN. I go to the tech forums and are met with unhelpful responses from fellow players.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Being able to play several other games doesn't mean your PC can't have a problem with this one. Your mods/CC might have damaged your save so that even repairing doesn't help. Try a brand new game with no mods and see if the problems are still there.

Second this.

</3 But I am so sorry you are hav ing so much problems.
  • Options
    IceyJ wrote: »

I am aware of this. Thanks for the help....
  • Options
    CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 47 Member
    Since getting EL, I so far have experienced:

- Base game worlds disappearing
    - Outfits from other packs disappearing or not the actual outfit

Had to completely uninstall my game (packs included) then reinstall them for it act right. I haven't experienced actual game issues yet, but we will see.
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Oh, the lag. It's really weird. When I go into build mode, my frame rates drop like you wouldn't believe, but if I click on the menu ellipsis, the lag goes away. Same thing happens when I go into live mode. I don't think it's my computer as I have a reasonably good one. Quite a few streamers have run into this as well (which is how I learned about bringing up the main menu).
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes the lag/fps drop really happens. It is not your PC. I normally have 70-80fps but after entering build/buy mode it drops to like 20 or less.

Plumbella has had this issue too since patching.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    I've noticed the lag randomly as well. At one point I thought it was entering build mode while having a Sim info window open (needs, job, etc). When I would close those the lag would go away.
    I also noticed that the default when selecting furniture by function is set to "show all". (I think, this could be something I'm doing and not realizing but it happens often) So if you have all the packs it lags trying to load every single piece. And I usually have debug on.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The game is now crashing my computer. After working intermittently for a day or two its now freezing and crashing. It also crashes my browser and my work VPN. I go to the tech forums and are met with unhelpful responses from fellow players.

Mine crashed to desktop after exiting build mode last night. I used some older cc, and I have used build mode several times since the patch and since installing the pack and that’s never happened before, so I will be spending the day figuring out if it’s mod or cc related.