Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you dress up your kids/toddlers?

Honestly...I do not. I never try to keep them in the stages long so I do not see the point in "dressing" them up. Only time I do it is if their outfits the game automatically gives them is horrible. Maybe I should start lol. Like all my cc is for teens-elder.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you dress up your kids/toddlers? 216 votes

Yes
78%
Akl500Pauroraael14vancanuckfan86Kita5399Icewolfjobug1015DoubleSJosseLadyInBlackbandit5aprilroseDarbiiRueAlexaiJueJueMi9shaoscarMonaSolstraalejuliekayesam123TheSpotted_CIsb917joelygirlsims2 170 votes
No
3%
bshag4lvjimbbqbixtersLoriTSpParmaViolet87texxx78BlackSpiderBatCavapoo_King 8 votes
Sometimes
15%
illusiealan650111IceyJColorist40PlayerSinger2010Alrynnhunniboo1halloweenchildFelicity1169AnnLee87fiercephoenix91malinboliMeTime85sillyangel0906HermitgirlgarapoesCaityCupcakes10CrazyNinjaArtsyBananaNindigo 34 votes
Other:
1%
friendlysimmersTheGreatGorlonStutumChazzzy 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other:
    I very rarely play with toddlers and children. Once my sim has become a parent, I let the kid live with the other parent and let him/her struggle. xD The few times there are toddlers or children in my Sim's household, I couldn't care less about what they wear. Unless it's a fashion I hate with a passion (like if a male child ends up with a man bun, it's CAS time alright), I do nothing about it.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Sometimes
    Stutum wrote: »
    I very rarely play with toddlers and children. Once my sim has become a parent, I let the kid live with the other parent and let him/her struggle. xD The few times there are toddlers or children in my Sim's household, I couldn't care less about what they wear. Unless it's a fashion I hate with a passion (like if a male child ends up with a man bun, it's CAS time alright), I do nothing about it.

Ohhhhh. Do you use MCCC? Very good opportunity to use the child support option. Your sim will pay child support weekly to the other parent. Nevertheless, glad to know I am not the only one too big on the kid's clothing.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Other:
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Ohhhhh. Do you use MCCC? Very good opportunity to use the child support option. Your sim will pay child support weekly to the other parent. Nevertheless, glad to know I am not the only one too big on the kid's clothing.

Only a couple I can't mention. Sounds interesting though, in these times when the bills are like pocket change it's time with some new expenses. I'll check it out. :)
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I enjoy all life stages except infant.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Yes
    I can literally create 10 outfits for a NPC toddler I'll never even see around.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes
    Always. I like to dress up those little sims, even if it is only for a short time.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I always make over Sims when they age up. To be fair I enjoy family play, and I’m a parent myself so that probably plays a part.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sometimes
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes. Toddlers are good for cute pictures, but I find them a nightmare to actually play with.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Yes
    All the girls are dressed up as Annie, and all the boys are dressed as Chucky.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    I love the sims 4 toddlers, I play with them pretty regularly and it's fun to give them the cutest outfit possible
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    The only time I did not was in my 100 baby challenge. I soon realised that with so many kids being born it was a waste of time and I took up just giving them new clothes, hair etc when they became YAs before moving them out.

In normal game play, I do like to dress up my toddlers, kids, teens etc.

I should say that with toddlers and kids I only tend to bother with the everyday outfit and sleepwear, sometimes also a hot/cold weather outfit depending on the weather.

It is just frustrating that there isn't as much choice as I'd like for kids and next to nothing for toddlers.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Yes
    Always!! I love playing families (though I wish they could be fleshed out more), so I always give them outfits on every birthday - its also great for family photos, you dont want forever family photos with the game chosen outfits :#:D
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! I’m a family player and dressing them up is one of my favorite things to do! I also have quite a bit of cc as well.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Yes
    I definitely dress them up, but often times I just skip the toddler life state. They're annoying and many interactions often don't work like they should.

It irritates me when my sim can't read the toddler to bed bc the bed is not *perfectly* placed or something like that or when my sim completely glitches out when putting the toddler in/out the toddler chair over and over. Oh and don't get me started on toddlers refusing to go in bath or playing with their food rather than eating it even though they're about to starve. The parent is like "meh, okay boss" and just stands there.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Yes
    Yes - I am a family player though and love the toddler/kid stages. I find it fun to dress them up according to the personality I've made up for them.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Sometimes
    The predefined styled looks is my favorite feature in CAS.
  • Options
    1Sims_Addict11Sims_Addict1 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    Yes- I usually spend many hours just creating and dressing my sim characters (of all ages) before i even play the game lol :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other:
    If I don’t like one of their assigned outfits, I will change it. But I don’t go through and create the 5 outfits for each style or anything like that. I don’t care that much. And the same goes for adults.
  • Options
    Yes
    if anyone would like to become friends my origin name is Live2Game101 :smile:
  • Options
    Yes
    My origin is Live2Game101
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes
    I spend hours making my kids and toddlers look adorable (with limited options s of course)
    but also they never age. I'll try to post pictures later on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Sometimes
    When I play with toddlers and children, it is to get the bonus' for their future. I do like the clothes that they got from ECO I also think scouting is the best play mechanism in the Sims 4, when it comes to Sims children.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes
    For households I play, yes. They have some of the cutest clothing in my opinion.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Yes
    Trust the game to assign my played households their hair and outfits? The horror! :D

I always dress up my sims for each life stage. Most times I create 3 Everyday outfits for my played households.