Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant resetting issue

gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
I don't know if it's due to the new update itself or the eco lifestyle pack, but the harvastables in my saves have all reset to a just planted state. Even if I had the plant mature and saved it in a room in my gallery, when placing the room the plants are resetting again. Does anyone know how to fix it?
Origin ID: blackrosespl
My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't know how to fix this issue, but I just wanted to let you know that I am also seeing this happen in my game as well. My community garden looks like it was just planted, even though this has been an ongoing garden for several real life years.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    If you have not done so already, you might want to put your question up on here https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en or see if someone else has
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Me too
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I just noticed this, too, since the patch. When I restarted one of my two game saves, trying to get over some other problem, upon downloading their established estate from My Library, the plants, in most cases had returned to newly planted. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Are those plants on community lots? Because I just checked one residential lot, and quality is not reset. Visually they are "underground" (except trees), but I'm more concerned with quality due to future income.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    Are those plants on community lots? Because I just checked one residential lot, and quality is not reset. Visually they are "underground" (except trees), but I'm more concerned with quality due to future income.

they are on residential lots. the quality does not reset, just the growth progress, which isn't the worst, but I had grown some of them specifically to put in gardening builds
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I need to evolve some plants for the freelance botanist aspiration but it seems my plants are evolving by themselves. Most of them are perfect quality already.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Hmmm ... I'm having a plant issue as well, but it is a little different. I will try to keep it brief, here goes ... I have a room saved on my gallery filled with plants that are mostly Perfect (2 are Magnificent quality). I put the room on 2 different household lots and they all devolved to Nice quality. I am currently building on another lot and have added this room. I am hopeful, but will not be surprised if these plants devolve as well. It's just really frustrating as my Sim is top level with the Juice Fizzing and top quality ingredients are a must for Masterpiece work.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I need to evolve some plants for the freelance botanist aspiration but it seems my plants are evolving by themselves. Most of them are perfect quality already.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will reset just like everybody elses.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I had a couple that suddenly showed as 'perfect' (but shouldn't have been). The next day, both plants were back to the level they were meant to be at (nice and good, I think). No loss, since they shouldn't have become 'perfect' in the first place. I've also noticed that watering plants in the climbing potter doesn't count toward the 'water or weed 10 times'.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »

Don't worry, I'm sure they will reset just like everybody elses.

Yep, they did reset and I was able to evolve some plants.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I've also been having the "plants suddenly perfect" issue, though they do generally go back to their actual level, but at the same time most of my plants are at magnificent and I know I haven't evolved all of them that many times.

I also have something that's sort of like resetting, but also different? Every time I harvest, my basil and parsley plants appear to just be a small leaf on the ground. Hovering still gives all the normal options for a plant in the state they should be at (mature), they just look like leaves. When it hits 5 am and the plants all switch to harvestable, they're back to looking normal, until they're harvested again. It was doing this both in my prior-to-EL game (where they had already been planted for a long time and harvested many times without this happening) and in my new game, where new ones were planted and grew fine until they were harvested, then they were leaves until it was time to harvest again.
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2020
    It seems to be related to the update, I didn't get EL, but some of the plants, mostly trees, seem to grow back to sprouts overnight, I figured it might have been the time when these plants would usually "spawn" harvestables. I honestly thought it was seasonality issue, that may have not been the case judging by everyone's post here.
    There was once when my sim weeded a plantain tree, it was suddenly reduced to a pile a soil!(as if just planted, again)

PS. If you opt for a dirty workaround, shift clicking the plant with testingcheats on will let you set the growth stage :smile:
    AxxYIX4.png
  • ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    In addition to the OP's issue (which I also have) I find that my plants now reset to a just-planted state when i move them in build mode. I definitely regret moving my planter box of dragon fruits just a touch to the left now :#
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    This is happening in my game as well. It’s on my sims home lot. It has grown a few times and still hasn’t produced any harvestables. So far it’s only my growfruit tree that keeps resetting. I didn’t move it anywhere. It’s in the same spot it has always been. My sim simply went to fertilize it and then poof it reset. Hasn’t been the same ever since.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • jrobi7560jrobi7560 Posts: 4 New Member
    this as happen to me alot the conection i found is fast time ive stoped fast time and it has'nt happen since mite work for you guys
    update ive found and lot of things that retset plants fast time will, anything you do in build mod to your plant = reset, having a butler have him tend garden will set garden hope this helps
    opps forgot one fertilize with grow fruit = reset man ea has a bit of work to fix this I love and need my garden
    how just now not doing anything but looking at my garden cussed it to reset im at a loss now I've been saving before and after harvesting so i can go back to that save it's been working as soon as i get the friendly vampire done I'm moveing to the city till they get this fixed
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I've also been having the "plants suddenly perfect" issue, though they do generally go back to their actual level, but at the same time most of my plants are at magnificent and I know I haven't evolved all of them that many times.

I also have something that's sort of like resetting, but also different? Every time I harvest, my basil and parsley plants appear to just be a small leaf on the ground. Hovering still gives all the normal options for a plant in the state they should be at (mature), they just look like leaves. When it hits 5 am and the plants all switch to harvestable, they're back to looking normal, until they're harvested again. It was doing this both in my prior-to-EL game (where they had already been planted for a long time and harvested many times without this happening) and in my new game, where new ones were planted and grew fine until they were harvested, then they were leaves until it was time to harvest again.

Same in my game, it started with ECO pack. First I thought it was intentional, as harvesting herbs often removes the entire plant, opposite to say berries where you will only remove the fruits. But yes, it looks like just a leaf on the ground, hard to tell if it's buggy or not. It would be fine with me if there was nothing above ground after harvesting herbs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I still don't have the resetting issue, what makes me think that it is Seasons related, the only EP I do not have. But a cherry tree went invisible after planting (and unclickable) and only returned after my sims traveled to a venue and back. Not sure if this is a version of the resetting but or unrelated.

As for the basil and sage bug, here's a fix (scroll down a little): https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've tested this in a few different neighborhoods and this is what happened with the resetting with me.

If the Sim has a home garden in any of the worlds and any Eco style... I didn't get a reset to seed and I could harvest all day while the plant is in season. Other plants (out of season) would look 'planted' and not a seed.
    If the garden is on a community lot whether the Eco Lifestyle was neutral/Eco/Industrial it reset to seed most days and I could not harvest/water/fertilize. I could only research. If my Sim was on that lot by 5 am I got no reset to seed and I could harvest/water/fertilize/research, all day.
    If the neighborhood was Eco. No reset to seed, harvest was hit or miss with the 5 am time frame.
    If the neighborhood was Neutral/Industrial. Always convert to seed, hit or miss with the 5 am time frame.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    it started with the patch before Eco Living, so you have the bug even if you dont have the pack
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    In my case, I have a huge home garden, they all reset once a year (four seasons cycle). Half garden resets in spring and half resets in winter. My garden have more than 200 trees so I can’t simply use the debug option
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I found a way to stop this resetting thing.
    Little Ms Sam has a mod for gardening, this mod has a addon that decrease the water need, weed and infestation.

I edited this addon for my game and turned to zero with sims studio. So, no alarms at 5 am in my garden. No water need, no weed and no infestation. Harvestable are ok. Testing with my money tree. I only need to harvest it and it’s working with no resetting issue anymore (since te three alarms are pointed to zero). The resetting issue is related to one of three alarms (probably weed or infestation).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top