Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Try for Baby advice text , does it work?

SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
On twitter someone posted a screenshot showing Bella goth texting their sim for advice on whether to try for baby with Mortimer. Hilarious considering they have 2 kids already but when they told them to try for it, Bella texted back saying they’re having baby. People asked if they actually tried for baby since it’s the vanilla game, and the person said that he made them try for baby so they’re not sure. The person says it came from the recent patch.
Has anyone received this text from any sims and did it work? Did they actually have a baby?

Link to tweet:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MiddletonPlays/status/1269087592265498624

Edit: just found this tweet from a different tweet but also from the patch:
https://mobile.twitter.com/NoobsieGames/status/1269139831201959943
2nd EDIT: Turns out these text messages are from eco lifestyle not the patch
Post edited by SelinaKyles on

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    That's so funny. Lol😆
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    This is a thing now? Did it come with the patch or is it an eco living thing? I might have to reinstall the game to check this out soon if its from the patch.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    that is so funny.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • anashanash Posts: 86 Member
    It did work in my game. My sim that I am playing with got a text from her mom and I just popped over to see if it worked and she is pregnant and so is the sim I am playing as my matriarch for the Sims 4 100 baby challenge. Yeah I wonder if it would work on marriages and other story progression
  • VehritasVehritas Posts: 146 Member
    I loooove that. I haven't played the Sims in months, and if this is a thing now in-game, I can't wait for it to pop up for me :D
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    This is a thing now? Did it come with the patch or is it an eco living thing? I might have to reinstall the game to check this out soon if its from the patch.

Some people on Twitter are saying it’s from the recent patch, honestly haven’t had time to play so I too am curious if this is actually from the patch or the EP. But the Patch notes did mention something about texts received by your sim
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    It happened to me too but the woman was an elder.

And I visited her but she didn't have an additional child.

imngi12.jpg

Edit: had difficulty uploading a pic
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Oh nah I don’t think I will like this one.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Lmfaoooo this shouldnt be this funny. Although I do not want my men getting pregnant
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member

Some people on Twitter are saying it’s from the recent patch, honestly haven’t had time to play so I too am curious if this is actually from the patch or the EP. But the Patch notes did mention something about texts received by your sim

Actually someone tweeted a guru and she said it was specific to Eco

Actually someone tweeted a guru and she said it was specific to Eco
    I’m aware of this, but I’ll change it so others are too 👌🏼
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    I got a notification from one of my sims girlfriends. Saying that she found a ring and what should she do.

5yTQPIB.jpg

And the response to the 3rd choice
    cEc6Alx.jpg
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I got a notification from one of my sims girlfriends. Saying that she found a ring and what should she do.

5yTQPIB.jpg

And the response to the 3rd choice
    cEc6Alx.jpg
    LMAO that’s gold.
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Well, I have seen this in game a couple hours ago. Geoffrey Landgraab called my sim and asked for advice, I told him to go for it. I saw Nancy around after, but she wasn't pregnant, or had recently given birth. And...just now I see Geoffrey walk by my sims house...very much pregnant! He's actually in the third trimester and looks ready to pop. I checked, and the partner is listed as Nancy, so not a freak NPC alien abduction at all.

Edit: Managed to snag a picture of him too.
    9NIeYTU.png

Weird stuff with this pack and latest patch. Weird stuff.

This happened to me too! Just going to pretend it didn’t happen 😂
  • MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    So is this confirmed as from the new eco pack? Because I have been umming and ahhing whether or not to get it for $50..... if this is included then it def is in the pro column!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Misslizard wrote: »
    So is this confirmed as from the new eco pack? Because I have been umming and ahhing whether or not to get it for $50..... if this is included then it def is in the pro column!

My advice is wait for the bugs to be fixed. Just too many right now.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

This happened to me too! Just going to pretend it didn’t happen 😂

He's called me twice after that time. I said I didn't think he was ready for it :D They still have that baby in the house (I have aging off, and not playing the Landgraabs), why would they want another one??
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I got this but the person asking was old so there was no baby