Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hardware / Software Problem

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
So, I have some old Sim 3 saves on a CDR that I burned years ago. I need to get to them so I can load them again, to make them again in Sims 4.

The problem is that, while my new computer recognizes the disk, it lists the directory as empty. I know it's not, and can see the tracks on the disk, physically.

The new PC is running Windows 10, and I am unsure what file format the older CDR's are using. Does anybody know enough about computers to help?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    My Win 10 computer was able to read my Sims 2 discs, which had been released over a decade ago at the time. The file format hasn't changed.

Either your disc is too damaged to be read, or your drive is busted. Try loading the disc on a different disc drive. If it still doesn't work, then your disc has a problem. Otherwise, it's your drive.

If there's a problem with your disc, it's possible that it's just scratched. If so, you can have the disc resurfaced somewhere to get rid of the scratches. If scratching is not a problem, it's possible that your disc has suffered from data rot, and I think it's permanently destroyed in that case.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I was talking about cds I burned with my save files on them. In any case, they appear to be corrupt. Oh well.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Burned CD-Rs shouldn't be much different from commercially produced CDs. I was also able to access old burned CDs that were over a decade old
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?