Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can solar panels be repaired?

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
My off the grid sim had two solar panels but one broke :( He himself is broke too, so now has to generate power w/ the one he's got left, but why can't we repair solar panels, why can we only replace them? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I was able to repair mine.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Huh that's weird, I only get this :(

But he has Handiness 1, maybe that's why? Your sims aren't engineers or anything?
    dnVmKm8.png
    My sim was unemployed. She did have some handiness skills but I think if that was the issue you would have the option with it greyed out and text to say what level was required. Hmmm. Do you have mods in that may have slipped through the update date?
    Only Meaningful Stories, 21 Days Season & Diffevair More/Less Uni Credits. I mean, I guess it could be one of those but it just seems so odd? But yeah I can try taking them out just to be safe.
  • MelissaNicole04MelissaNicole04 Posts: 1 New Member
    This happened to me too and I didn't have mods. I only just now noticed there's a roof one and a floor one. I'm wondering if the roof one can't be repaired because normally sims don't go on their roofs. Maybe you have to add a ladder to get the option?
  • l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    It's probs a bug I guess? Mine never broke or something. Bc I never used it HAHA-
    l0keyrose wrote: »
    It's probs a bug I guess? Mine never broke or something. Bc I never used it HAHA-

Mine broke during a thunderstorm I think :joy:
    This happened to me too and I didn't have mods. I only just now noticed there's a roof one and a floor one. I'm wondering if the roof one can't be repaired because normally sims don't go on their roofs. Maybe you have to add a ladder to get the option?

Rooftop panels and wind turbines cant be upgraded, but Trippys' picture is of a ground one. BTW, spellcasters can use repairio.
  • Java_womanJava_woman Posts: 2 New Member
    My servo has an engineering degree from Foxbury, 10 in robotics and handiness, and can fly, and still can't repair the panels on the roof. I put a ladder up to where the first one is, to give him a head start, and no joy. The worst thing is that for his job, he has to "repair" something, and that is the only thing I can find that he and the sorceress haven't already fixed. :( They have plenty of money (they make interest on their capital), so they could afford to replace them all if I could click on them all under all the wind turbines. Wish there were a fix for this.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Getting something to fix is easy. Buy a Kaboom Box and Disassemble For Parts. Stop about halfway through when the Kaboom Box starts throwing sparks. It should be ready to Repair. You can do this on other things too but the Kaboom Box is probably the cheapest, so it will cost you the least to replace if you don't stop in time.

It would be even easier and faster for your spellcaster to cast a Zipzap spell on anything breakable.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I never tried repairing them, but if you can order Repair Service, they should be able doing it for you if it's possible. So - if everything else is fine on your lot, try to break a toilet or sink, and order the service. If they don't even try to fix it, then it's probably not possible :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Yes, the ground solar panels can be repaired. Don't do it when it's raining. I lost a Sim to electrocution when I tried to repair the panel and it started to rain.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Reminds me of the Handiness skill books from TS3. If I remember right, they were: Vol 1: Unplug it First. Vol 2: Turn off the Water. Vol 3: Water and Electricity Don't Mix.