Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any ideas on how to make an object have an "Eco Footprint"?

Marco50Marco50 Posts: 83 Member
Hi!
Well, I know it's maybe too early to do something like this, but I do think that the collection of objects we have to influence the Industrial and Green footprint is small. So I decided to expand it.

According to the game, the Cauldrons from ROM have an industrial ecofootprint of 3, so I decided to take a look on the code. The only reference I found to something new was this:

Captura.jpg

This is obviously related to the recycling gameplay. The same happens with the other objects. There's no reference to the new commodity added: "commodity_EcoFootprint_Lot".

I used the windows 10 searcher then and see what it could find. It turns out there is a new tunning named: "ZoneModifiers_Hidden_BBGameplayEffects". Here are some parts of the code:

Captura2.jpg

When you ask TDESC what does the "object_to_tag_actions": Mapping of object tag to zone modifier from object actions. Objects
in this tuning can be buy objects, build objects (column, window, pool), and materials (floor tiles, roof tiles, wallpaper). This is primarily intended for architectural elements such as wallpaper, roof materials, windows will give effect to utilities and eco footprint.

If you scroll down on this file you will find this:

Captura3.jpg

When you modify the multiplier value, the impact of every floorpattern with an ecofootprint is modified. You can realize it because the ecofoorprint of the lot will change immediately if you use exaggerated values and you place a few tiles of pieces of roof. However, objects seem to be more complex than that since objects modify the ecofoorprint just when they are working. On this tunning, you will only find this for objects:

Captura4.jpg

Meaning that objects with bigger ecofootprints are not affected. Plus, objects with an ecofoorprint show a different tooltip when they are working. This tooltip dissapears once the object is turned off and that is something I haven't found anywhere.

What I can understand is that the impact that a build object have on the eco footprint depends only on its tag, BUT, the impact that an object has depends on its state, if the object it's turned on or not.

I know this is all over the place, but I'm not experienced on modding for TS4. If someone could point me out in the right direction I would be thankful.

Read more: http://sims4studio.com/thread/20971/any-ideas-make-object-footprint#ixzz6OVcYqCLN

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Eco footprints are added in loot (the same way fame and influence are gained by using objects).
    I'm doing something similar, adding Green loot to protests, Industrial loot to accepting bribes (both City Living gameplay).
    wJbomAo.png
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I'm hoping to figure out how to add eco footprints as well as "off the grid" status to objects.
    @kwanzaabot I don't know where "loot" would be found. Would this work without Get Famous? (I never got that pack).