Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I didn't know that disabling the eco footprint doesn't pause the eco footprint, it brings all neighbourhoods in all worlds to neutral state instead.

At least that's what happened to me... i spent a couple of hours trashing and setting one neighbourhood per world to be industrial. Then i disabled the eco footprint in options and it set all my neighbourhoods to neutral...

Well read your first sentence again.
    You disable the eco footprint. It doesn’t say paus eco footprint.
    English isn’t my native language but I’m pretty sure disable something means that it’s not working anymore :)

Yes, but before the pack release Sim Gurus were saying that you can PAUSE the eco footprint. So it's disappointing, especially considering how fast industrial state can turn into neutral.
    I tried it too, and it feels like some effects remained (my sims were still coughing from bad air), but smog was completely gone. Ehh.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that disabling the eco footprint doesn't pause the eco footprint, it brings all neighbourhoods in all worlds to neutral state instead.

At least that's what happened to me... i spent a couple of hours trashing and setting one neighbourhood per world to be industrial. Then i disabled the eco footprint in options and it set all my neighbourhoods to neutral...

Well read your first sentence again.
    You disable the eco footprint. It doesn’t say paus eco footprint.
    English isn’t my native language but I’m pretty sure disable something means that it’s not working anymore :)

What was said above! It was said by a guru that it was going to pause the eco footprint. It's really disapointing. I was preparing for a gameplay that won't be able to do.
  • HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    Did you know heavy pregnant Sims can still dumpster dive even hours before giving birth
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    You can bond with flies! No success yet, though. :D
  • love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    @LadyKyn sorry for the late reply. But I only had trash, I could hear the flies but not see them.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited June 2020
    The “landfill” lot trait can’t be used for residential lots, tiny residential, restaurants and university housing lots.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    You can bond with flies! No success yet, though. :D

My sim did have success once. She hovered for a moment and a pack of bug produce (either beetles or grubs) appeared next to her.
    Tried to get a successful result again. Now she's dead by flies.
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member

I'm curious, do the cheats to change the footprint still work with it being disabled? If they do you could just set every neighbourhood to whatever you want it.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    The new vending cart sells some hot drinks and just the new foods there that are all bug dishes.

Decided to see what the popcorn crickets was all about.
    4EgRehY.png

My sim seems sad I made her order it. :sweat_smile:
    SN7uxUE.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    crysk wrote: »

I'm curious, do the cheats to change the footprint still work with it being disabled? If they do you could just set every neighbourhood to whatever you want it.

I set the cheats before disabling the eco footprint. But i'll try to do it after. Let's see if it works :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    You can have 4 altogether. Then if you get tired of one repeal it and then you can get another when its voting time again.
    idkidk wrote: »
    Maybe(probably) i'm the only one who didn't know this,but NAPs don't replace one another each week,they stack up so you can have multiple ones at the same time.I always assumed after each voting session the previous one would be cancelled...i feel like it'd make more sense that way?

If you get the gardening NAP you get points for everything you pick and do for your garden. I had almost none until I started gardening and then had over a 1000 points.
    One of the easiest ways to gain Influence points is to give gifts to sims over and over again (it gives you 8 points per gift given) if you have Seasons. And you can even just give simoleons (any amount, all of them give 8 points) to them over and over to get influence points. Essentially "buying" votes in this game :D.

Maybe because you put milk in cereal and the milk will go bad if not kept cold.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Cereal is one of the off the grid meals that doesn't work without power 😋

You can get it if you buy the cooler from Outdoor Retreat.

I love the cooler from Outdoor Retreat! It's also off the grid so it technically doesn't need power to work I just thought it was interesting that cereal needed power from the fridge lol xD

I don't know when this started but you can also get inspired by singing in the shower. Not just taking a thoughtful shower.
    Someone said we need a "did you know" thread for all the discoveries we make, so here goes:

There are about 5 different swatches of the paper bag.
    Your Sim can recycle things from household inventory as well as personal inventory. Good-by Sim Idol Rug and computer hard drive!

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that when you rotate around the neighborhoods the NAPs voted in can change.

I switched back to my previous neighborhood and it previously had.

Rock Your Body
    Promote the Arts
    Handiness (I can't remember what it's called)
    Gardening

Now it had
    Rock Your Body
    Free Love
    Water Conservation
    Upcycling Initiative

I'm not sure I like it but it's cool that it makes the world seem active and less static. :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @Bearpal64, I'm glad to hear that. I'm at the point now where all that my 10 families can do is repeal a NAP (usually Sharing is Caring). I don't stay with them long enough to vote in something new, so it's good that things will change.
    @Bearpal64, I'm glad to hear that. I'm at the point now where all that my 10 families can do is repeal a NAP (usually Sharing is Caring). I don't stay with them long enough to vote in something new, so it's good that things will change.

I was kind of surprised to be honest. But I like it at the same time in a way :P

I'm glad we can repeal things and revote on them I would say on the whole I like the NAPs but I kind of wish they worked a bit different but that's okay. Maybe next time :P
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited June 2020
    This might be a bug, but scented candles can influence pets' emotions. My sim's tempting tulip candle made her cat flirty!
    This might be a bug, but scented candles can influence pets' emotions. My sim's tempting tulip candle made her cat flirty!

I feel it's a bug xD 😅
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member

That reminds me the fact that thunderstorms make pets tense (or has it been patched out?).

Another little side note.
    So I played in the same neighborhood to repeal the Free Love NAP and when I clicked on the mailbox to vote on neighborhood changes I noticed that a second NAP was repealed by the neighborhood - Water Conservation. I thought that was kind of neat.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    If your Sim is about to age up -- if their lifestage bar is filled and it has the little bubbles on it -- - a friend or relative might drop by with a present because it's their birthday. :)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If your Sim is about to age up -- if their lifestage bar is filled and it has the little bubbles on it -- - a friend or relative might drop by with a present because it's their birthday. :)

Sadly, that also happens when a Sim is about to die. Someone showed up with a birthday present, and the only Sim in the household with bubbles was an elder. What with Grim arriving, I never did get to find out what the present was.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I've noticed that with the Community Space lots (and the sub-lots), if I place any type of food cart, a vendor will show up to work in it. In the past, I was disappointed that with other types of community lots, like a park, no vendor would arrive and I only had the option to "hire" someone to work the food cart. But if the lot is set as a Community Space, the vendor comes automatically and I don't have to hire them!

I've made my Community Space lots a sort of "one in all" that includes everything my sims need from the community gardens, marketplace & maker space sub-lots. So I don't need to vote to have them change, and I change the food cart once a week so that my sims have another place to try out cuisine from different cultures if they don't have a chance to go to San Myschuno. They've become one of my favorite types of community lots.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member

Sadly, that also happens when a Sim is about to die. Someone showed up with a birthday present, and the only Sim in the household with bubbles was an elder. What with Grim arriving, I never did get to find out what the present was.

Next might be that Grim himself brings a present :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg