Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Waaaaaaaaaaaait what, is this new???

y2s5e7Y.png

I mean I <3 it, coz Chris is exactly the kind of sim who'd call his kids but awww :love:

Oh wow, this is what I was wanting more of. I want the sims to recognize their close family and friends, even in different households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @DoubleSJosse you might enjoy this https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976609/dancing-firefighters/p1

Read this in bed last night and I had SUCH a hard time not to burst out laughing. I think my bf thinks I'm slowly losing my mind but that's alright.
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2020
    @SimTrippy oh I didn't see that thread, really funny addition :D
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did you know the master maker, unlike the other evergreen special NPCs, can visit sims in any world?
    I met Tina at my community space before in windenburg and she came over with a gift that she said she had fabricated (it was a voodoo doll). She was labeled master crafter when she visited my sim.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did you know that when you accumulate too much trash, the flies and roaches will stay around even after you've emptied it, and that you can try to clear them out (each of them separately) - or are your sims a little better at cleaning up after themselves :sweat_smile: ?
    3OkJx5l.jpg
  • GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    The firemen may do a little "striptease" after they put out your fire :#

They made a joke "that it was getting hot in here" then they stared to dance all sexily while some music started to play :D

I think it was becase there were quite a big fire once they arrived, because they have not started to dance the other times they have showed up in my game, I have managed to have quite a few fires alredy with this pack!!

It could be because the materials you use in your home now have flammable ratings. You'll need to put metal or stone around fireplaces and not wood.

Sorry if you knew this already!
  • GooseGoose Posts: 5 New Member
    Can someone please tell me -- is there a way to toggle off the eco foot print FOR SPECIFIC WORLDS ONLY?

I'm thinking of getting the pack, but only if I can keep the pollution, etc. in Evergreen Harbor only, and not worry about it in other worlds. (For example, I don't want to have to have "eco friendly" houses in Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook, or else get pollution).

Thank you!
  • DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    @GwennogJones Thank you, but yeah I already knew that :)

I think I had some weird bug, one of my generators caught on fire, which made me decide to delete both of my genarators. And then for some reason the place were my generators had previously been placed, kept getting put on fire! Even if I didnt have an object there, it was weird. But it fixed itself after a restarted the game :/

• ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Must be in the pre-pack update, but in the same way that you can hold ALT and place doors and windows freely... I just did that with a wall decoration as well. I didn't have MOO enabled, and I guess I've never tried this before but it's gotta be new?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Must be in the pre-pack update, but in the same way that you can hold ALT and place doors and windows freely... I just did that with a wall decoration as well. I didn't have MOO enabled, and I guess I've never tried this before but it's gotta be new?

Yes. This was in the free update.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,942 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Yes. This was in the free update.

It's been in the game for awhile. That's how I build on my lot without having to use MOO. The windows and doors being able to move with the ALT key is new to the patch. You can use the ALT key on furniture as well as rugs, etc.
  • aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    you can harvest beeswax from your beehive and use it to make candles!
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Goose wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me -- is there a way to toggle off the eco foot print FOR SPECIFIC WORLDS ONLY?

I'm thinking of getting the pack, but only if I can keep the pollution, etc. in Evergreen Harbor only, and not worry about it in other worlds. (For example, I don't want to have to have "eco friendly" houses in Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook, or else get pollution).

Thank you!

I only have pollution in Evergreen Harbor. No other worlds are affected. I'm the opposite. I want it to leak into all the towns.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Did you know? Different outcomes/requirements do come up for this. James Turner was asked to get married within 7 days, and I received this response after selecting: "Under what conditions?" I received $2,500 which I truly desperately needed.

Marry-Pic-1.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Does anyone know why "Gather Water" has a cool down? No one in there right mind would just sit there without water waiting for a timer. #OffGrid
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Did You Know with Free Love active a sim your not playing will make a move on yours. In my case the sim kissed the neck of my sim and later kissed him on the lips. Sadly the neck kiss is autonomous and it doesn't show up in the romantic interactions.

Update

I have Sacrificial's Passionate Romance Mod and it has the Kiss Neck Option so that may not come with this pack.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Did you know the crickets can die? :(

I only left the lot for a few days to play with another sim :joy:
    Xbn0Pbb.png

ETA oh sorry you can just nurture them and they're alive again. No need for panic then lol

That doesn't make sense you can nurture an insect back to life.
    Goose wrote: »

Thank you!

There are cheats to change it.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/ecolifestyle/cheats.php
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2020
    Did you know that there is a Try for Baby option? So Aaron's mom called him on the phone and asked what is shown in pic. Four days later Aaron went to visit his parents and they had a baby boy--this is so Amazing to me because it gives me hope that they are working on fixing babies. Eco Lifestyle just keeps getting better and better as I play.

Eco-Try-for-Baby.jpgAaron visiting his parents house to say hello to his new baby brother.New-Baby.jpg[img][/img]
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Did You Know with Free Love active a sim your not playing will make a move on yours. In my case the sim kissed the neck of my sim and later kissed him on the lips. Sadly the neck kiss is autonomous and it doesn't show up in the romantic interactions.

Hahaha! This causes so much drama in my neighborhood. Bob Pancakes walked around kissing everyone on their neck, until he was punched by a woman and got into a huge fight.

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I just popped in here to see how to add those special lots to the other worlds, and I have to say I am a wee bit disappointed those community lot builds aren't readily available for us to use. I thought we'd be able to place those in other worlds and they would change depending on how the voting went. So I am assuming this is a feature that is exclusive to the new world? In order to have all three, we have to build each one manually rather than each one changing as soon as the voting results are known?

When you place a community space in another world it works exactly like the new world ones so I'm not sure what the issue is. Choose the lot, change the lot type to Community Space. The lot panel will have Community SPace, Community Garden, Marketplace and Maker Space listed. Just click on which ever you want to work on, then when you are done select the next one to work on. Exactly like in the new world. The only difference is that you have to make or place them first, just like any other lot.

I guess my issue comes from the fact I don't see those builds anywhere in my library so I can plop them down and use them. Since the pack is new, I am still learning all the ins and outs and how to do things so I was hoping I wouldn't have to go right into building those spaces just yet. Plus I really like the ones Maxis made, and I know mine won't look as nice.
    Peppermix wrote: »

Hahaha! This causes so much drama in my neighborhood. Bob Pancakes walked around kissing everyone on their neck, until he was punched by a woman and got into a huge fight.

I think kiss neck might happen if you have Sacrificial's Passionate Romance Mod cause it has that interaction. Do you have this mod?

Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did you know that there is a Try for Baby option? So Aaron's mom (who lives in Brindleton Bay with his dad, little brother and family dog, Doki.) asked the following (I think she called me on the phone or it was a pop-up, not sure). I'm waiting to see if his mom has a baby. This gives me hope that they are working on fixing babies. Eco Lifestyle just keeps getting better and better as I play. Did anyone else get this yet and did the person have a baby?

Eco-Try-for-Baby.jpg

Hope it's a sign a Romance Pack is being worked on.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just popped in here to see how to add those special lots to the other worlds, and I have to say I am a wee bit disappointed those community lot builds aren't readily available for us to use. I thought we'd be able to place those in other worlds and they would change depending on how the voting went. So I am assuming this is a feature that is exclusive to the new world? In order to have all three, we have to build each one manually rather than each one changing as soon as the voting results are known?

When you place a community space in another world it works exactly like the new world ones so I'm not sure what the issue is. Choose the lot, change the lot type to Community Space. The lot panel will have Community SPace, Community Garden, Marketplace and Maker Space listed. Just click on which ever you want to work on, then when you are done select the next one to work on. Exactly like in the new world. The only difference is that you have to make or place them first, just like any other lot.

I guess my issue comes from the fact I don't see those builds anywhere in my library so I can plop them down and use them. Since the pack is new, I am still learning all the ins and outs and how to do things so I was hoping I wouldn't have to go right into building those spaces just yet. Plus I really like the ones Maxis made, and I know mine won't look as nice.

They're not in your library, but you can go to Evergreen Harbor and save the ones there to your library. I also saved the three changed versions.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Ah, check out the gallery, there's already some fabulous ones uploaded. I grabbed some for Newcrest yesterday.