Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    How do you make kumbutcha?

You add flowers to the fizzing machine.

Really? I would have expected mushrooms, not flowers.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    what fabricating skill level do l have to be at to make the full wood jacket bike?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2020
    No idea, but you can also find them in dumpsters. My sim found her bike that way.
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    what fabricating skill level do l have to be at to make the full wood jacket bike?

• Options
    Marissa1706Marissa1706 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone else having an issue with the ladders? My sim will not climb the ladders on the shipping container lot that ea made.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »

I have 5 in my inventory from dumpster diving. I'm ready to open a bike shop.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    How do you make kumbutcha?

You add flowers to the fizzing machine.

Really? I would have expected mushrooms, not flowers.

Didn't try with mushrooms, but kombucha is basically fermented tea.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I can't weed plants on the vertical garden. The option isn't even available.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone else noticed their bills going down after the patch? I used to have an average of 14000§ owed, but this week (after installing the patch) it's only 800§! And I have not yet placed any power generation or anything like that. What in the world?

EDIT: Seems like others have the same problem. I made a Bug Report -- here, please "me too" it if you have encountered this as well!
    Post edited by illustratedhappiness on
  • Options
    talli_btalli_b Posts: 7 New Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Is your windmill broken? They can get hit by lightening. The notifications spam means that at that the time every unit of power you are producing is immediately being used up. Bare in mind that solar panels only produce energy when it is sunny. Also check on your bills that you are storing energy and not auto selling surplus.

My windmill is still turning, I am storing my surplus, and it's been sunny most days. Going back to the game now to see if it's gotten better.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sorry already posted this somewhere else, but someone needs to tell me if this is new? :D I LOVE this.
    y2s5e7Y.png
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > Sorry already posted this somewhere else, but someone needs to tell me if this is new? :D I LOVE this.
    > (Image)

Yeah, it's new. I also love it too.
    :D
  • Options
    stewby wrote: »
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > Sorry already posted this somewhere else, but someone needs to tell me if this is new? :D I LOVE this.
    > (Image)

Yeah, it's new. I also love it too.
    :D

This is so awesome! I've been wanting cards like this for so long <3 Of course Pops came over right away. This is so cool!!!
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I live in san myshuno in one of my saves and the eco footprint was getting worse without me doing anything but now I downloaded an apartment from the gallery and suddenly it's getting better. I have a mixture of industrial and non industrial wallpaper. How is it just changing so drastically on its own? I don't think I'm doing much.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    mavelymavely Posts: 11 New Member
    > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > Great idea for a thread!
    >
    > Does anyone know where sims can collect water in Evergreen Harbour? I struggled to find water points last night.

You can also collect water from snow if you have Seasons.
  • Options
    Can someone please help me figure out how to use solar panels for power on an off the grid lot? I see the Harris residence is off the grid and they have a TV, stereo and computer and no visible solar panels. HOW?!
  • Options
    > @MKM452 said:
    > > @ParmaViolet87 said:
    > > Great idea for a thread!
    > >
    > > Does anyone know where sims can collect water in Evergreen Harbour? I struggled to find water points last night.
    >
    >
    > I think the only way water is collected is through the Dew collectors.

Dew collectors and collecting snow.
  • Options
    > @Jinkx said:
    > So i have a home with 2x dew collectors, 4 solar panels, 3 windmills. Upgraded my television and shower to be more eco friendly but my eco footprint is still dropping once a week to almost industrial. I also influence people a lot to vote for the eco friendly upgrades on the Neigborhood board. What do i do wrong?

Is your lot off the grid? What are your lot traits?
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Can anyone tell me what we can do with the furniture in questionable condition that you get from dumpster diving ? When I open my household inventory and drag the item to sell i get full price ! But when I put it on my home lot they furniture is unusable. How can I fix it ?
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Is there a way to remove the trash that was off-lot, or is it inaccessible?

Are you talking about the trash in Promise Port by the community board? I could not remove any of that. But the community lot I could go into build mode and sledgehammer the trash.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what we can do with the furniture in questionable condition that you get from dumpster diving ? When I open my household inventory and drag the item to sell i get full price ! But when I put it on my home lot they furniture is unusable. How can I fix it ?

So I’m pretty sure in the live stream they said if it was burned you could clean it with the pollution vacuum thingy from the new career.

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Sorry already posted this somewhere else, but someone needs to tell me if this is new? :D I LOVE this.
    y2s5e7Y.png

OMGosh, my life just flashed in front of my eyes.
  • Options
    GoseGose Posts: 40 Member
    Hello! I have just played about a week gameplay, polls closed for the N.A.P.s, and tuesday came, but no N.A.P.s got activated. Am I missing something? I have a large household, and everyone voted, some even several times.
    Sign.jpg
    I build things.
    Gallery ID: skustadmoe
  • Options
    mavely wrote: »
    Can someone please help me figure out how to use solar panels for power on an off the grid lot? I see the Harris residence is off the grid and they have a TV, stereo and computer and no visible solar panels. HOW?!

LOL, that ol' black magic? I have no clue.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2020
    Has anyone else noticed their bills going down after the patch? I used to have an average of 14000§ owed, but this week (after installing the patch) it's only 800§! And I have not yet placed any power generation or anything like that. What in the world?

@illustratedhappiness ...does ur sim have the frugal reward which would of course reduce bills. My bills have not gone down. I had to move to another lot because my Sims is just starting off and he was almost out of money since everything takes so much time which I love how much time it takes to earn and do things in Eco Lifestyle--like life. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    y2s5e7Y.png

OMGosh, my life just flashed in front of my eyes.

Yeah this is freaking amazing. And I thought these ridiculously cute toddler CAS and BB items were the only family play-ish stuff we were gonna get lol