Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update horror

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi. I was so hyped counting down the days until Eco Lifestyle was ready. When it came to downloading it last night though a lot of excitement has been lost.

I had to update Origin and that took two hours, uninstalling and reinstalling. I gave up at 1am. Now this morning since 7am I had to do the same again uninstalling and reinstalling. Now I can see my game library! However, Sims 4 crashes and I’m repairing it. It’s taking two hours to repair the base game.
I got no error message last night so I’m confused as to why I need another download.

This issue happens with game packs but not as bad or long, probably due to them being smaller.

Kinda takes the fun out if it by having several hours of sorting Origin out just to view my Game Library and then more hours to repair. Why does repairing require downloading? It’s needing another 4.37GB.

Last night the patch downloaded came out at 5.08GB. I had to keep pausing the download as speeds constantly went to zero and the file size jumped from 2.7GB to 5.08GB when I resumed the download. Why are the patches so big?

I’m not on unlimited data plans. The Sims 4 is the only game that has such huge downloads.

This happened when I got City Living but that was three years ago. Placing expansion packs shouldn’t be an horrific experience.
I really hope this can be sorted out.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• tsunaminahtsunaminah Posts: 3 New Member
    I just updated mine today and I cant load my households and the worlds are all locked except for the city! I bought a bundle just regular sims 4. were you able to get your stuff back?
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    tsunaminah wrote: »
    I just updated mine today and I cant load my households and the worlds are all locked except for the city! I bought a bundle just regular sims 4. were you able to get your stuff back?

Lots of peoples games are done for :'( best thing you can do in future is make a Games Backup folder, copy and paste The Sims 4 folder in there rename it and make sure to backup your Builds as you build it and after it's finished, if you save them to My Library the Tray Folder files update and the files that were JUST modified belong to your Build then use Winrar to zip them up. Saves also disintegrate so before you quit your game make 2 new saves using Save As and delete the previous two and just keep doing that to keep them as fresh Saves it's all you can do. So if you end up as one of the unlucky and the updates and patches corrupt your game then after reinstalling TS4 you can just copy and paste the latest files before the update from the folder of the game you backed up then put your Builds back into the game if you need to.

Hi. I was so hyped counting down the days until Eco Lifestyle was ready. When it came to downloading it last night though a lot of excitement has been lost.

I had to update Origin and that took two hours, uninstalling and reinstalling. I gave up at 1am. Now this morning since 7am I had to do the same again uninstalling and reinstalling. Now I can see my game library! However, Sims 4 crashes and I’m repairing it. It’s taking two hours to repair the base game.
    I got no error message last night so I’m confused as to why I need another download.

This issue happens with game packs but not as bad or long, probably due to them being smaller.

Kinda takes the fun out if it by having several hours of sorting Origin out just to view my Game Library and then more hours to repair. Why does repairing require downloading? It’s needing another 4.37GB.

Last night the patch downloaded came out at 5.08GB. I had to keep pausing the download as speeds constantly went to zero and the file size jumped from 2.7GB to 5.08GB when I resumed the download. Why are the patches so big?

I’m not on unlimited data plans. The Sims 4 is the only game that has such huge downloads.

This happened when I got City Living but that was three years ago. Placing expansion packs shouldn’t be an horrific experience.
    I really hope this can be sorted out.

It seems there was some Latency issues last week and during the weekend before that lots of people couldn't get into their games or downloads were just snail crawl because the ping was too high, i dunno how it entirely works but it's happened before and it seems to cause things to slow down a lot for everyone.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    I learned to turn off the service that is called the Qwebhelper.exe something or whatever. It causes way too much lag when downloading anything to do with TS4. I disabled it in services years ago. Try it, you might see a speed up of downloads for this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I learned to turn off the service that is called the Qwebhelper.exe something or whatever. It causes way too much lag when downloading anything to do with TS4. I disabled it in services years ago. Try it, you might see a speed up of downloads for this game.

That is defo a bit of a buggy process, What does it even do?, it's frozen Origin quite a lot of times.