Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills are too low for rich sims?

Comments

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I agree with this. I remember once, one of my sims paid like, 300000 simoleons in bills. Ive had a few pay like, 700 max. Even richer ones!
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    Yes! I've resorted to leaving lights and appliances on 24/7 to try and push my rich sims' bills up to something reasonable (it hasn't worked). I think that a sims' bank balance should factor into bills, not just lot value. Even if it's just a hidden multiplier or something.
    banner.png
  • SarahLou372SarahLou372 Posts: 112 Member
    Ive had a different experiance to bills...

Ive noticed that extending my house members and using items such as dish washers and washing machine and also the thermostat for the seasons expansion pack really ups my bills I found for a family of 4 my sim bills have been around 5000! :s
    ...**~ThePinkPlumbob~**...
    50098910897_98e2501452_o.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I believe they said they adjusted bills due to the new system and that bills would be less than you were used to. They probably reduced it too much.

Why would they do that when they were already too low? :( The bills were best when they were bugged right after seasons came out. We finally had a challenge. It makes no sense that my sims with a million dollar home, pay like 400 simoleons in bills. It's just not fun.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I believe they said they adjusted bills due to the new system and that bills would be less than you were used to. They probably reduced it too much.

Why would they do that when they were already too low? :( The bills were best when they were bugged right after seasons came out. We finally had a challenge. It makes no sense that my sims with a million dollar home, pay like 400 simoleons in bills. It's just not fun.

It's a bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/td-p/9171466
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've sims living in a nice house and are actually selling power!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Looks like the sims is getting more and more realistic
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The Sims 4 needs a Robin Hood, Rob from the rich & give to the poor.

That's a fun idea! We could create a Robin Hood character, then cheat money away from the rich families, and remove objects from the rich families' houses in build mode!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Would really love to find a mod that makes my bills a little more realistic until they fix it. Where can I find?
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Would really love to find a mod that makes my bills a little more realistic until they fix it. Where can I find?

I used MCCC to make mine higher in the past, but I'm not sure if it still works now because of the changes made to the bills.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    They fixed so much in today's patch. I was hoping they were going to fix this as well, but of course not.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims are accumulating way to much simoleons with the bills being so low and there is no good way to spend them. I'm actually regretting updating for eco lifestyle now. I thought this bill change was going to make things better it's much worse.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My sims are accumulating way to much simoleons with the bills being so low and there is no good way to spend them. I'm actually regretting updating for eco lifestyle now. I thought this bill change was going to make things better it's much worse.

In the meantime i've moved my household to San Myshuno, where the rents are still the same as always. My sims moved to the penthouse with the pool and they're paying 7500 weekly.
  • GamoGamo Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had this issue since ECO lifestyle. I build myself a penthouse worth 1.2 million, as my sim works as a triple agent and earns 2500 (and increasing) a day. I miss my 100K bills, atleast they have a reason to work then.

I tried to Fix lot taxes mod,, but no luck, think the highest bill so far has been 700 simoleons.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!

I am trying a mod now to see if I can get my sims bills back.

Rags to riches is no fun without bills. There has to be some kind of hardship driving my story.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »

It's a bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/td-p/9171466

Don’t forget to click on the me too!

Squeaky wheel get their bugs fixed or something like that.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Personally I don’t complain, my sims used to pay incredibly high bills (several thousand simoleons).
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Senko wrote: »
    I have to agree on this I know the bills used to be higher in previous games and I think they used to be that way in this one. Now however my sim's paying a hundred simoleans weekly bills and earning thousands for royalties, thousands for artificat verification which happens near daily, tens of thousands in interest (over 40k on the last one). For awhile I was buying "retail" lots just to sink the cash somewhere 400k property here, 500k there. Eventually i just created a house sitter sim, moved them and moved my sim out leaving all the property and cash in their care. Currently working through university and I'm still earning more in royalties (with starting cash 20k - 18k house) and interest than my bills. They really need some way to vary them for housing property an insurance section or something worth x of house value so if you have a 400k house you pay 40k insurance per bill.

$400k house with a 40thousand dollar bill? Why should it be so much more ridiculous than real life? I live in a new home worth almost $400k and our bills definitely aren’t coming close to 40 thousand. Maybe I misunderstood
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes! I've resorted to leaving lights and appliances on 24/7 to try and push my rich sims' bills up to something reasonable (it hasn't worked). I think that a sims' bank balance should factor into bills, not just lot value. Even if it's just a hidden multiplier or something.

Yep, i also tried doing this trick in both a mansion and a small house. There was little difference between their bills and none of them even reached 400! That is crazy, imo. I cant tell how this sounds like a reasonable system, so i hope it is just a bug they are working on fixing.

matrix-agent-smith.jpg

"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire crops were lost."

Well.... I don't want to lose this save so in order to keep up the facade I am modding away "happy environment buffs". Happy buffs from laundry. Confident moodlets from having a little minion out and about as a spellcaster. Ohh...I am also modding the costs of Uni to be a bit higher. One more mod to keep the rent high? I can do it, nothing is too much for my little sims. Let them stay in the Matr...ahem save.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims’ bills are always about $300, whether they live in a shack or a mansion.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    There is a mod that fixes it, puts it back to what it was before the EL patch. I haven't bothered, I often just 'cheat' away §§§ on the rich sims I have. I'm just waiting to see if it's actually fixed in a future patch.

I know, it's like they bring home §2000 to §10,000 a day living in a huge 8 floor mansion with tons of entertainment, expensive furniture, equipment, and two rocket ships, an observatory, a big microscope, etc..., but the bills are under §500 for the whole week/month? lol
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    What I'm thinking I'll do is have them all quit there current career. Have my astronaut start over as a scientist, my scientist as an astronaut, my painter as an entertainer, my entertainer as a painter, etc...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    edited August 2020
    My Bill's were 30,000 but now they are 300
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I also believe the bills arent high enough sometimes. I want a more realistic gameplay. I honestly use a cheat to take away some money on the day the bills are due just to keep it more realistic.