Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Rate Eco Lifestyle After You've Played???

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I absolutely love it! What a stellar addition to the game!
    I originally said "I absolutely love it!" but with the frustration of the spammy NAPs that need addressed I am lowering my opinions of this pack! Certain NAPs do nothing but spam interactions like "play with clay blob" and "fight" depending on which one is enacted. It's a shame.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I find it average and OK.
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I just started, but the CAS is the best. I'm in love with the detail and variety of the hair. Clothing is so Eco Lifestyle. I can't say enough about how much I'm enjoying this pack; plus, I love this hair. Great job EA and all those who collaborated to bring this pack to life. Thank you so much. <3

Capture-6.jpgCapture-5.jpg

I love your sim and wonder if you will upload it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well..
    It's okay..
    But realizing that no matter WHAT you do, may it be recycling etc. HAS no impact on the eco footprint, and it is determined by build mode mostly (and I am NOT a builder, I hardly ever build houses.)...that disappointed me so much...
    They missed the mark...

It's ok....just okay. Not great, not amazing...just.....okay.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    It's terrible. I think it's one the worst packs we have so far.
    This expac is total garbage. It destroyed my game.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2020
    I enjoy it! It's a good pack
    The CAS is hit-and-miss for me (and mostly a miss), but I love the build/buy and the gameplay additions thus far.

My main complaint at the moment is that the cheat to force a community space to something other than the default only works if you live in that community, which like ... the one I can affect through normal means is the one lot I DON'T want to use that cheat on!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Adding...I love the new toddler CAS, new toddler bed and the new dollhouse. I'm having a few issues with toddler-parent interactions, but I'm guessing they were caused by the patch, not the pack.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2020
    Eh. I've found very little to enjoy.
    Too much dumpster diving. At least the crafting is fun.
  • EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    A pleasant surprise. I'm still not overly fond of the theme, it's not a "must-have" pack to play for me even if I understand that for some people it is.
    But the buildmode is really good, I like how a community center can change its appearance depending on the theme. I hope they will develop that in other future packs or mods (festival grounds for seasons I hope!! It may be the key to finally have that feature that a lot of people, including me, have been missing).

The crafting is good, but it can be quite limited at some point. Only time will tell. For now at least it's quite fun. I've yet to do a gameplay off the grid, but I gather we finally have all we need to do a complete "rag to rich/off the grid" story.

Like a lot of people I've been experiencing some lag and freezes, but I've no idea if it comes from the pack or the patch. I hope it will be swiftly resolved.
    Eteyra wrote: »
    A pleasant surprise. I'm still not overly fond of the theme, it's not a "must-have" pack to play for me even if I understand that for some people it is.
    But the buildmode is really good, I like how a community center can change its appearance depending on the theme. I hope they will develop that in other future packs or mods (festival grounds for seasons I hope!! It may be the key to finally have that feature that a lot of people, including me, have been missing).

The crafting is good, but it can be quite limited at some point. Only time will tell. For now at least it's quite fun. I've yet to do a gameplay off the grid, but I gather we finally have all we need to do a complete "rag to rich/off the grid" story.

Like a lot of people I've been experiencing some lag and freezes, but I've no idea if it comes from the pack or the patch. I hope it will be swiftly resolved.

Just my opinion I think it is not just the game and may be one's system as well again the game. Looking at the game itself the AI is used heavily and therefore must be tweaked at regular intervals especially after an new addition and the coding must be tight. Now the system itself can affect the games flow especially if an system components do not work together in harmony the game may not run w/o some burps. One other thing it may be on the Dev's end if they do tweak or code the game correctly, again this is my thought.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LumpinouLumpinou Posts: 29 Member
    Thank you all for sharing your experience. Two questions:
    - I wonder if disabling the impact of Build Mode set-up on gameplay also would impact the eco footprint thing related to build mode, has anyone tried that setting with the Eco Lifestyle pack installed?
    - Any feedback on the aspirations / traits / career that come with Eco Lifestyle, if any?
    I voted it average and ok as not all features in this pack can be transferred to another neighborhood, The pack is not bad but not having to transfer all features from one Neighborhood to another and having to play in the one that came with the pack for me is limiting. So creativity once again for me is limited and this is how Sims 4 will be until it's production cycle has ended.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I voted it average and ok as not all features in this pack can be transferred to another neighborhood, The pack is not bad but not having to transfer all features from one Neighborhood to another and having to play in the one that came with the pack for me is limiting. So creativity once again for me is limited and this is how Sims 4 will be until it's production cycle has ended.

What features don't transfer to other neighborhoods for you? You can vote on Neighborhood Action Plans and Community Spaces everywhere, play with Eco Footprints, and everything else with any world you want.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    edited June 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

What features don't transfer to other neighborhoods for you? You can vote on Neighborhood Action Plans and Community Spaces everywhere, play with Eco Footprints, and everything else with any world you want.

My guess is the trash. What is a dissapointment.
    ETA I mean that the trash do not follow in other hoods.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    edited June 2020
    I find the new game play worth of a GP not a EP (honestly I'm struggling to find new substancial things to do).
  • Rob_E_CoyoteRob_E_Coyote Posts: 51 Member
    I can see a lot of potential, and things that I will like, but right now it's a buggy mess and it's impacting my enjoyment. Vertical planters glitch, Fizzer freezes, Fabrication machine breaks and can't get rid of the noise, eco footprint swings around wildly, power and water usage seem to be random.
    Once it works better, I would upgrade my vote.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I just got Eco Lifestyle the other day & the first thing I did was turned off the pollution. I love the new build modes. The CAS so reminds me of the late 1970s & early 1980s, so awesome. I like the many new traits that's in the new game.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I love it, but they need to fix these bugs, pronto.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Well..
    It's okay..
    But realizing that no matter WHAT you do, may it be recycling etc. HAS no impact on the eco footprint, and it is determined by build mode mostly (and I am NOT a builder, I hardly ever build houses.)...that disappointed me so much...
    They missed the mark...

It's ok....just okay. Not great, not amazing...just.....okay.

Yeah, eco footprint being mostly determined by Build/Buy (and, so I hear, the Civil Designer career) was a mistake, IMO.
    The Business career should make a VAST impact on Industrial.
    The Conservationist should do the same for Green.
    Every time a Politician takes a bribe, the Industrial footprint should go up, and every time you protest, the protest should influence the footprint one way or the other depending on the topic.
    Eating meat should be Industrial (greenhouse gases caused by cattle grazing), going vegetarian/vegan should be Eco.
    Go on lots of vacations? Those airplanes should pump up the Industrial rating every time you fly to Selvadorada.

Anway, I can't say I'm a huge fan of the pack. It looks good, I like the garbage everywhere and I appreciate the improvements made to Off-The-Grid (though I don't play OTG myself), but on the other hand, I don't see the point of NAPs (spend influence to gain influence? Why?) and the Eco Footprint stuff isn't enough (and when you make a world Industrial, the only thing that changes, is you get a brown, hazy sky and your Sims cough. Big deal!)

An Industrial world should shorten Sims' lifespans, make Heatwaves and Blizzards more frequent in Seasons (including in Spring and Fall, because of Climate Change), but make Sims in high-level careers earn lots more money.

A Green world should make lives longer, make Heatwaves and Blizzards rarer, but at the cost of less unchecked Capitalism, leading to slightly lower-paying jobs.
    wJbomAo.png
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    The bugs drag it down a bit, but those can be fixed. Like always, males get shafted in Create-A-Sim.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a solid 8 9. I do think it expands the game and offers lots of good gameplay that has longevity as it can be worked into a variety of stories. I do hope they will balance out the eco scale because it feels heavily weighted towards the green, which is a frustration for some, and I personally am again disappointed with off the grid. I like that there are new recipes specific to the trait, I don’t like that they are the only recipes available. You can cook anything off the grid that you can cook on it, if your sim has enough handiness skill and eco upgrade parts to upgrade your stove and fridge to run on fuel, which can be bio fuel or bits and pieces. I am enjoying the pack very much. I have barely scratched the surface on the ins and outs despite playing several hours every day. I also am struggling to keep my rags to riches sims afloat and I am loving that.

Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    After playing Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle yesterday, I found that N.A.P. plans are not staying within their own neighbourhood. More fitness won in the neutral zone and then wear paper bags but Sims in the industrial zone were doing them as well.
    Also voting was happening in the industrial zone whilst I was playing the other zone. Green issues won and now the industrial zone looks like all the other worlds. 😫That’s a shame but I’m working on pulling it back.
    I’ve disabled NPC voting for one.

However it’s not clear what happens if my Sims don’t vote themselves. Do N.A.P. plans freeze if there’s no voting?
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    After playing Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle yesterday, I found that N.A.P. plans are not staying within their own neighbourhood. More fitness won in the neutral zone and then wear paper bags but Sims in the industrial zone were doing them as well.
    Also voting was happening in the industrial zone whilst I was playing the other zone. Green issues won and now the industrial zone looks like all the other worlds. 😫That’s a shame but I’m working on pulling it back.
    I’ve disabled NPC voting for one.

However it’s not clear what happens if my Sims don’t vote themselves. Do N.A.P. plans freeze if there’s no voting?

As far as I can tell, yes. Everything has zero votes, so nothing wins.
    wJbomAo.png
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I've played it for a couple of hours today to find my way around the new features

Firstly, I LOVE the CAS and build/buy items - I think the homemade, rustic theme looks really great
    The neighbourhood of Evergreen Harbour is different to what we've had before and I especially like the look of the industrial area. It's refreshing to see areas that aren't picture perfect suburbia for once.

The gameplay is something I'm still getting used to. I usually play families to this style is quite a change for me. I like how your Sims can be really hands on if they want to be and effect changes in their neighbourhood. But I like discovering what I can do, how to live off the grid, how you make things etc. It makes the gameplay really satisfying.

I think I need to play a bit more to get a full opinion but so far I'm really enjoying it
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited June 2020
    In Glimmerbrook, the vote came in and the Foodies won! The problem being, I did not put down a voting board for the simple reason there are so few lots in GB anyway, they weren't getting a NAP. Lol, the game had other ideas. :D

I do like this pack for all the crafts that I've been wanting forever. I love the candlemaking and fizzy machine and died laughing at the fabricator animations...very funny!

To me, I don't want a pack to play, I want a pack to integrate into my current games. I don't need anymore extra saves, but welcome any pack that can bring more gameplay to my simmies. <3

Oh and btw, my spellcaster's house is going green, not the neighborhood, just her house...I can live with that.

Editted for spelling.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.