Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The gallery is hecka broke from the update

Upon entering the gallery to find a shell for a house I was building, I noticed some mod was interfering with my gallery after the update. Im in need of some help identifying what mod it was. Everything was still functional but the interface was very broken, for example the description box had this big green gradient over it. The download/place/share to twitter buttons were also jut blue and green blobs.
fnf is a very pog game
814240012736397312.png

Comments

• Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'm not sure, but it could be UI Cheats Extension? I updated mine earlier so I dont know how the old version works with this new patch.but the last time there was an update and all of my icons looked weird it was UI Cheats Extension needing updating.
    I really recommend removing your mods folder, I know quite a lot of mods have needed updating this time around, this patch has affected a lot of them so I recommend doing a big mod update :)
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    I removed Ui cheats earlier. I didnt know it got an update though.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This way a big update and it broke a lot of mods and even CC.
    It is advised you completely remove your mods folder and only slowly add back mods that have been updated. Any other mod could be causing an issue even if you don't think there is a connection.
    If you updated the game without removing your mods folder beforehand you might want to try to repair the game as well.
    Hope you've found a solution!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I can confirm that it was UI Cheats Extensions. I had the same thing and so did some live streamers. Glad to know it's updated now.
  • Options
    FurryModSpinelFurryModSpinel Posts: 481 Member
    I updated it. Still happening.
    fnf is a very pog game
    814240012736397312.png

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I have to ask, is the gallery still broken? I don't used it much, but I wanted to browse it today and it sent me through a loop of signing in to get a "feature requires sign in" error. I could not see anything.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Try deleting the localthumbcache file in your Sims 4 folder and then repairing the game without your mods folder in it. Try to run the game vanilla and see if it works. If it does, exit without saving and put your mods folder back in, but leave out any CC defaults (many have been broken) and mods until they've been updated by the creator.
    #Team Occult