Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be honest...

2...Next

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Cheats are what make the world go round. I cheat needs when I'm overwhelmed, I cheat money when I feel like it, I cheat fame, I cheat objects, and I think I'm coming close to having used every cheat in the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use them! Not if I'm doing a challenge that doesn't allow it, but for my main save yes, all the time. I play as a story teller of families with like 6 toddlers and I don't want the needs to get in the way of the main storylines. I cheat needs full all the time and keep them full. I also cheat to get sims where I want them. Some of my families start out poor and some rich and I use money cheats to keep them in that position as long as needed for the story etc etc. I'll also cheat relationships, if I want two sims to have a certain relationship at the start of my story, etc. I'll cheat jobs, aspirations, traits, whatever needed for my story to work
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    I love seeing the different responses in regards to this. It's always so interesting seeing everyone else's point of view. :)

I personally can see it both ways. I do enjoy having my Sim work their way to the lifestyle I want them to be at, but at the same time I tend to be an impatient person, and a lot of the times end up 'helping' them along. ;)

Both are rewarding to me, though! Because, ultimately, my goal is to keep a happy Sim, and I try my best to do so either way.
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I cheat from start to finish but don't consider it cheating. I play solely for genetics and that is the only thing I don't cheat with. I will never alter offspring genetically - what I get is what I get. I don't care if they look a little awkward as teens because I know they will grow out of it. The only "challenge" that I want in my game is to raise big happy families. Even with cheats, raising a house full of toddlers is no walk in the park! :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I use bb.moveobjects (can’t build properly otherwise), motherlode, death.toggle false, bb.showhiddenobjects when needed, same for bb.showliveeditobjects. I also use the one to unlock gamaplay items, cas.fulleditmode, and sometimes the one that allows you to edit work

Oh! And I use the needs one when I don’t want to wait until my sims fullfill their needs to do something.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I use them here and there, but not generally. cas.fulleditmode is on constantly in my game, but I don't generally use it to its full extent - it's on mostly for those "that looked better in CAS" moments. Otherwise, it's just CAS. I never edit Sim Kids! I do occasionally use the UI mod to move a need up or down. Moveobjects for those things that just won't go where you want them to for no obvious reason. Freerealestate to get them in the house I want them to live in for generations - but they have to furnish it themselves. Reset sim when things look a little wonky or someone is doing something I don't like (NPC).

Mostly, my sims do everything themselves. Cause I'm an evil taskmaster.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Just call me Cheaty McCheater. I don’t really use money cheats anymore though...unless it’s for a storyline and requires a family to be wealthy/rich from the start. For instance, I always make the Landgraabs multi-millionaires if I use them in a story. I also make the Feng’s more wealthy. But all the cheats are fair game when setting up a story/new save.
  • shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I build more than play. So, I use the moo, showliveeditobjects, showhiddenobjects, and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement.
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I rarely use cheat codes other than like move objects or free real estate to move in families once my townies start dying of old age or I get sick of looking at them. When I do, it's to make the game harder/more realistic. I make my Sims pay child support if they have kids that don't live with them. I make college way more expensive. Taking away money for rags to riches. However, if I'm being honest, occasionally I do things that don't require a cheat code but but kinda maybe sorta a little bit "cheaty". lol. Like I had an apothecary retail store in one game that sells potions, serums, etc. that help with needs or emotions. Or I use the same items to complete aspirations. Have 5 dyes - Three of my sims completed this with the same 5 dyes. shrug.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I use the one to access debug objects.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    DeadManHBK wrote: »
    How many of you use cheats? I know I can't be the only one who does so lol. And if so, what cheats do you prefer to use?

I honestly try not to, but I usually end up caving - at the very least with the simoleans one.

In 2, I tend to also use the cheat which makes them stop aging.
    In 3, I use the free real estate to add families I create, I use the "glitch" (?) which gets you more lifetime happiness points, and I tend to make their needs static - at the least while I am trying to build up their skills. Sometimes I also use the cheat to adjust a Sims celebrity or career status. (Not the family I am playing as - others in the town.)
    In 4, I use the needs one, and then the cheat to unlock all the objects you can purchase.

I use both cheats and mods. I use them to cheat my sim's emotions on a date usually. Because I can always have them beguile the person they are when playing vanilla and I have traits that broadcast buffs like Aphrodite that make those around her flirty. I use MCCC to make them immortal sometimes. I will on occasion cheat in a hybrid for a specific scenario I am doing though normally I don't and let hybrids happen naturally. I use all the build and buy cheats.

I don't cheat in aspirations but if I want them to accomplish aspirations within a life cycle I'll extend that life cycle and flag them as immortal long enough to get the aspirations done. It's why when I upload my sims as teens or young adults they'll have all the aspirations done. In the case of my teens I'll do some aspirations age them up temporarily to complete other aspiations then age them back down. So that's my secret to having the soulmate aspiration as a teen completed if you see that on the gallery to download. I cheat in degrees for university because I don't want to starve my sim and have them suffer sleep deprivation trying to only do homework and goals for a class and go to class. It's why I will be the first one to say cheat in a degree because playing my sim in university was not fun and he ended up starving to death because of classes. Never send your sim to uni cheat in that degree instead unless you want to starve your sim to death or end up on academic probation after the first semester even though you did all the homework and class projects.

With the way, my traits are set up normally I get instant besties from saying hi with a friendly introduction.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I use money 0, bb.moveobjects on, cas.fulleditmode (sparingly), on rare ocassion I will use the Make Happy that's normally when the game decides to intrude extensively and bug out my Sim and reset object (debug) on my Sims when they get stuck.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I definitely use them, I sometimes fill some of my sims needs when I have multiple sims in the household when it gets too chaotic 😂, I use the skills cheats, I just think an young adult / adult sims should have some skills, I never max them completely by cheats, I do like working towards something, it just gives my first generation in the family background, sometimes use money cheats but I mostly use freerealestate, not all my sims want too live in a starter house lol, I use cheats depending on what lifestyle I want my sims too live, I'm currently have 3 played households, a vampire coven of 4 living in the city I used cheats so they wouldnt start at the same rank, I have 2 vampires at the first rank, a single dad with teen witch daughter living off the grid in sulani, I cheated the dad too have some fishing and herbalism skill, the witch teen I want too build her with magic myself, a normal human family of 4, I gave the parents some skills with cooking
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I definitely use cheats, starting with motherlode. I like my Sims happy. They live in a lovely house with nice things. They eat tasty food, have good friends (when they feel like interacting with them. But the friends still like them even when they don't hear from them for a while, because they're friends, not sycophants.) My favorite thing is skill building and having my Sims do whatever they feel like doing, not what they *have* to do. There's enough of that in real life. For me, a Sim's life should be a utopia. I'm very much against dystopian life!

Every once in a while I'll go do things without cheats just to remind me how much I prefer playing *with* cheats. Then I go back to my cheats as fast as I can.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    I actually use cheats to REMOVE money from my sims hahaha I like the challenge.
    Other than that I use move objects on occasion and other cheats I tend to only when I feel like I need to workaround a bug or something like that...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    At the moment I only use motherlode and freerealestate but only use the latter if I can't get a Sim family to get someone moved in next door in their neighbourhood. That's much easier. :)
  • xtianxxtianx Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2020
    When I first began playing The Sims twenty years ago and discovered cheating was a thing, I cheated liberally. I followed this play style until The Sims 3. Halfway through that series’ cycle, I abandoned The Sims entirely when I switched from PC gaming to console gaming.

Once The Sims 4 made it over to consoles, I picked it up (about a year and a half ago now) and have really been enjoying playing the series again. The trouble with my console platform of choice (PS4 Pro) is that Sony has disallowed trophy-earning for The Sims games if you employ any cheat at all other than bb.moveobjects on/off, and for this reason primarily, as I am into earning trophies for the video game titles in my collection, I have chosen not to cheat.

Like others here, I have found playing without cheating is a very different experience and I have learned to enjoy it. The game is actually fairly challenging (for me at least) if I play without cheating. I have one exception, however, and that is a specific cheat save file I use to modify Sims I create or architecturally challenging builds I produce that require a lot of cheating to create. I made a Sim to act as the last played household in that save file as a placeholder so I wouldn’t accidentally overwrite it, and I named him Cheaty McCheaterson. 😊
    Just call me Cheaty McCheater.

• LaniNeptuneLaniNeptune Posts: 19 Member
    I mostly build so I use all the cheats unless I am doing something specific.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2020
    I tend to make heavy use of the fill needs cheat, and also cas.fulleditmode for some reason. Other than that, I will use money cheats and building cheats for storytelling and aesthetics.
    I find that challenges (especially rags to riches) are a lot more fun without cheats, though.

Edit: Oh, and also 'reset sim' and 'reset object' for debugging. Not sure if that counts though.
    banner.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    All the cheats, all the time because it's my story and if I want a rich sim from the get go, I'm having one. If I want a poor sim, I'm having one, big house, yep cheat. I also cheat at board games it keeps people on their toes and prevents it becoming a bored game. I can't help it, too much mischief and not enough outlets.
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    Only cheat if I need to, mostly use mods like UI Cheats Extension for motive adjustments and I get money through careers and hobbies in normal gameplay now-a-days instead of using money cheats.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I use motherlode, the need cheat and the full edit mode.
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    I use cheats mods and also have cc most cheats are when building and the money when either give them a helping hand or taking it away from them