Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUG: curtain placement

After the update today, I am unable to place Drapes de Rigeur, from the Vanpires pack on angled walls. It now gives me the message, “must be placed on wall.” Nothing is intersecting.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• simMirsimMir Posts: 10 New Member
    I can no longer place mirrors on diagonal walls with the same 'must be placed on a room wall' message.
  • simMirsimMir Posts: 10 New Member
    Apparently that goes for a lot of decorations currently.

/I didn't dream we could do that previously, did I?
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I'm seeing random items disappear and not fun when they were debug items cos i have to go find them again, i've mentioned this but i don't know if when you try to play any windows or doors next to each other the first starting in the middle of a Grid Square the next one doesn't work out so well and it gets covered by the wall, Is this supposed to happen? or Is it a bug?.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    simMir wrote: »
    I can no longer place mirrors on diagonal walls with the same 'must be placed on a room wall' message.

Report it on the bug site: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    simMir wrote: »
    Apparently that goes for a lot of decorations currently.

/I didn't dream we could do that previously, did I?

No, you didn't dream it.
    BohoFlower wrote: »
    I'm seeing random items disappear and not fun when they were debug items cos i have to go find them again, i've mentioned this but i don't know if when you try to play any windows or doors next to each other the first starting in the middle of a Grid Square the next one doesn't work out so well and it gets covered by the wall, Is this supposed to happen? or Is it a bug?.

This is by design. It has to do with the fact the not more than one window can occupy a single tile, unfortunately. So you can't scoot two adjacent windows a half-tile to the right or left.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited June 2020
    BohoFlower wrote: »

This is by design. It has to do with the fact the not more than one window can occupy a single tile, unfortunately. So you can't scoot two adjacent windows a half-tile to the right or left.[/quote]

Well that blows they should fix that so we can place the windows and doors anywhere hopefully some time in the future *crosses fingers* we could place them anywhere on the wall in The Sims 2 so Why not in The Sims 4? strange choice to make.