Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this icon?

A toddler in my household was chatting with her big sister. I noticed an odd icon pop up, it looked like a megaphone with a little plus sign next to it. It was then followed by the normal relationship increase icon. I’ve not noticed the megaphone thing before.

I hope I’ve explained this properly. I haven’t noticed it with my adult Sims, although it might pop up with them too IDK.

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes I notice it too on my teen sims. It is actually the icon used when your Sim gains influence in the new Eco Lifestyle pack.

I was really surprised to see it since influence did not come with the free update. It only comes with the pack Eco lifestyle and it is not even out yet.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel this kind of thing happens a lot.
    I remember before DU came out on console I could buy University Homework through the bookshelf despite not having the EP.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Happened to me as well, the megaphone popped up over my sim’s head right after I entered live mode in a new save.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I feel this kind of thing happens a lot.
    I remember before DU came out on console I could buy University Homework through the bookshelf despite not having the EP.

Yeah, I think it does. Right after the pre-patch for Get Famous, one of my sims got a free meal at a restaurant for being famous, even though the pack wasn’t out yet (and I didn’t have any fame-related mods, either).
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    I thought it might be something to do with the new update. Bizarre that it's appearing when Eco Lifestyle isn't even out yet!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just loaded back into the game and my Sim was sitting and this little green mega phone icon with a plus sign floated up into the air and disappeared. That's the influence icon from EL lol.