***If you have something to post, please use the current thread, not this one***Broken/Updated Mods & CC: June ’20 Eco Lifestyle Patch
This topic is for collecting reports on mod and CC status after the June 2020 pre-Eco Lifestyle patch and with the Eco Lifestyle EP. Please keep discussion to reports. Thanks!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Mods that breaks the T game rating cannot
be discussed in these official forums and will not be included in my list. Do not ask about or report on any of them here — it’s against forum rules. There are other places on the internet where things like that can be discussed.
Personal Note: I’m “in” lectures four times a week right now (Calculus and Stats, if anyone’s interested). I’ll keep this list updated as frequently as possible, but just wanted to note this.FAQ
- Q: Is this particular mod broken/working? A: Is it a mod that would break the game rating? Nobody can answer that here. Is it on page 1, reported broken by a Simmer after the list was last updated, or reported compatible by its creator since the list was last updated? If not, then I don’t know.
- Q: Why is there a section for mods reported fine by the modder but not by players? A: Because a mod that seems to be working for you might still be broken in a way you haven’t yet seen.
- Q: When will that person update their mod? I can’t play without it! What am I supposed to do?! A: They’ll update it when they can, plus some prefer to wait for a pack to be actually out. Please don’t pressure the creators — it’s not going to make them update faster. Go for a walk, get a whole lot of housework over with, read a book, or play a different game.
- Q: My Sims are shiny. What’s causing that? A: For shiny Sims, start by eliminating skins and skin details. Generally speaking, though, if your Sims are looking all weird, some CC is broken.
- Q: Why does Maxis always break things?! A: Mods and CC speak to the game code. If the part of the code they speak to is changed by a bug fix or new feature, thos mods and CC can no longer speak to it. Maxis provides a lot of support to modders and CC creators, but the only way they could not break mods and CC would be by not updating/patching the game. By choosing to use mods and CC, you accept risks, including that your (unofficial) add-ons may become noncompatible.
- Q: Mod X has an update but you haven’t listed it. Why not? A: Either I didn’t know yet or the update is not to fix a broken mod or to include new pack/patch-related content.
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising