Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center (must have mod?)

After we get the update I was thinking of downloading MCCC - I've seen a lot of people rave about it. But I'm worried about it causing problems with how the game runs. Can it clash with any other mods?
Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims

Comments

• Options
    _starfrog_starfrog Posts: 84 Member
    MC Command Center is actually one of the most stable mods, as long as you are removing it and replacing it with the newest version when it is released for each update. I know Deaderpool (the maker of the mod) works hard to get those out as soon as possible. I personally cannot play without it :p
    still using fabric softener
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I haven't had MCCC cause any issues with other mods, and I use about 6-7 mods currently. However, I imagine there are some mods out there that clash with MCCC, so you might just want to look into it specifically for each mod you use. Chances are, if it doesn't work with MCCC, it's been mentioned somewhere. And if you can't find an answer, you could always ask here or on Deaderpool's discord.

MCCC also hasn't had any impact on how my game runs in the past 2 years or so of my using it.

The main thing you have to do to avoid issues is remove MCCC whenever The Sims 4 gets updated, until there's a new version of the mod, or the current version has been confirmed to be stable.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    If you have the Pregnancy/Woohoo modules of MCCC installed, it will conflict with the Pregnancy Mega Mod - that's the only clash I'm aware of. Other than that, MCCC is very stable and gets updated/maintained on a regular basis.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    After we get the update I was thinking of downloading MCCC - I've seen a lot of people rave about it. But I'm worried about it causing problems with how the game runs. Can it clash with any other mods?

It is the one mod I do not play my game without. It is the most stable.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    If you're just now going to install MCCC make sure you get the hotfix version 7.2.0
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    I kind of recommend it only sometimes it makes mah game broken and then I gotta download a new one
  • Options
    daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I downloaded it, but there's so much to it I don't know where to start 😅
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    When its installed, go to your sim's computer and go into MCCC settings. There are a LOT of settings. Setting it up for how you like will take some time but it's SEVERELY useful. Pay special attention to the Pregnancy and relationship menus. Leave everything at the defaults unless you're sure you want to change something.

Be careful about the birth rates. You can easily wipe out your town in a single generation or fill it with hundreds of new sims.
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    I've got an issue with MCCC modes whereby it begins to fill up empty lots with unplayed household and also the unplayed households begin to marry one another and give birth to new baby.

Is this done automatically? Because i remember that i didnt click on any MC command which trigger these events.

Any help? Thanks.
  • Options
    DonLandgraabDonLandgraab Posts: 23 Member
    > @klch87 said:
    > I've got an issue with MCCC modes whereby it begins to fill up empty lots with unplayed household and also the unplayed households begin to marry one another and give birth to new baby.
    >
    > Is this done automatically? Because i remember that i didnt click on any MC command which trigger these events.
    >
    > Any help? Thanks.

If you click on any PC/Laptop in your sims house, open MC Command Center options and check MC Population and MC Pregnancy settings, here you can adjust settings related to moving households, and also your preferences for things like which sims should marry and have children.

I recommend starting at the very first group of options and going through them one by one to set your game to exactly how you want it to play.

I like set longer age spans, limit couples to 1 automatic pregnancy (to avoid 100s of children) and also prefer that homeless sims are not chosen for marriage or pregnancy.

Good luck!
    #BringBackShangSimlaMartialArts
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    Quick question. I've been getting quite a few of "last exception" messages in my game lately from the MCCC mod. Is that bad?

So far that's the only issue I've run into
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Quick question. I've been getting quite a few of "last exception" messages in my game lately from the MCCC mod. Is that bad?

MCCC isn't the cause of the LE's. It's only enabling reporting of them from other mods. If you remove MCCC, you'll no longer see the LE's, but that's because MCCC is no longer reporting them.

You need to go through your other mods and see what's generating the LE's.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    gettps wrote: »

MCCC isn't the cause of the LE's. It's only enabling reporting of them from other mods. If you remove MCCC, you'll no longer see the LE's, but that's because MCCC is no longer reporting them.

You need to go through your other mods and see what's generating the LE's.

Hmm okay, so it was an ongoing issue then. It must be something of my CC then because I don't have any other mods.
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    daisy1989 wrote: »
    I downloaded it, but there's so much to it I don't know where to start 😅

I always start by playing with the marriage and pregnancy generators. If you want a chaotic game, set it to anyone can get pregnant with anyone. Personally, I think that makes my saves a mess so I set it to just married couples can have children. With MCCC you can have up to 6 babies at once but that very quickly fills up your towns. I'd say start with just allowing up to quadruplets.

But other than that it is an awesome mod. I can really play with it right now bc I'm running a 100 Baby Challenge and a Family Man Challenge, but I did really enjoy having it in my game when I was just playing as a single family.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    Tabbie88Tabbie88 Posts: 24 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > If you're just now going to install MCCC make sure you get the hotfix version 7.2.0

I've been playing the Sims for years but just now starting to add Mods and CC. So if I'm downloading MCCC today, should I be downloading the 7.2.0 or the 7.2.2 that was for the EA update on June 3rd?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited June 2020
    Tabbie88 wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > If you're just now going to install MCCC make sure you get the hotfix version 7.2.0

I've been playing the Sims for years but just now starting to add Mods and CC. So if I'm downloading MCCC today, should I be downloading the 7.2.0 or the 7.2.2 that was for the EA update on June 3rd?

@Tabbie88 Download the latest version, 7.2.2.
  • Options
    Tabbie88Tabbie88 Posts: 24 Member
    @loubyloulou Thank you.