Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Good at Goodbyes (Updated 06/25/2021)

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 @Duvelina

Oh I suppose I have the unpopular opinion here but I'd love to present the idea for discussion.
    I saw Allyson's behavior as a natural reaction and progression to her circumstance. From what has been elaborated upon in the chapter and the previous chapter that Luna was featured (giving her mom flowers), Allyson genuinely loves her mom, but there is a white elephant/unresolved issue which has been bothering Allyson up until that point and of all the times to present it, this was obviously one of the worst.
    "Sticking her nose in her life, crushed her and pushed her into this ‘sensitive’ box she didn’t want to be in. Every parent-teacher conference, every play date, her mom was always looking out for her, making sure she wasn’t overwhelmed. Always mentioning to the other parents or teachers how her daughter had to be kept in check"
    This tells me that Allyson is an emotionally repressed child. Combined with her sensory disorder, and (I assume) lack of social-emotional reasoning due to her age (also the fact that Luna can sway her teacher's opinion, which means the teacher is not teaching social-emotional skills critical for children to build self-awareness and emotional regulation), Allyson might not know any other healthy ways to express her emotions. Due to there being no one to assist her emotional development, she expresses herself in waves of outbursts.

All in all though, she's still a good kid because after her self-expression, she becomes reasonable. I agree with AdamsEve1231 that mother and daughter needs to have a conversation. The best time for that would be when she calms down and even then, Allyson's needs has to be prioritiseed and a solution found, otherwise she will grow up to look out for herself than for others as evident of her branching out and 'becoming her own person' in the monster under the bed scene and looking out in the rain'.

I come across as a robot at times but I genuinely am rooting for your characters. :lol: I like Allyson and whichever way she turns out I'll be sad but I won't lose hope on her.

Hey there's nothing wrong with healthy dissent, @mercuryfoam. :)
    You bring up good points. I can see Allyson needs to be taught social emotional reasoning and she needs help processing her words and emotions. I do think Luna really needs to learn how to be a better parent and not smother her daughter. She needs a healthier outlet. Both mother and daughter do. Perhaps I was too quick to judge Allyson. She is still a kid. I'm just really protective of Jaqueline. :lol:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 40
    Whaaaaaaat?! Hugo has a kid? A (at least) teenager aged kid?! Since when?! With who?! How?! Eh, I know how. But why?! Does Hugo know? Did he have a fling with someone that never told him she was pregnant? Is this a scam? Are they after some monetary gain? But if they are, why would they come to Sofia and not Hugo directly? Gah, so many questions now. Duvelina, why do you do this to us? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    I'd assume you know how, yes. 😂 More will be explained (obviously). I wasn't planning on this turn in the story. At all. But the game threw two random visitors my way when I was playing Sofia. Duke and Hugo showed up right after each other! And Sofia didn't even know Duke. I took it as the game trying to tell me something.
    @Duvelina
    I love how your game keeps giving you plot twist ideas. It has a very good sense of drama. A very good sense of drama indeed. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Chapter 41
    Baked potatoes taste like victory!?! I don't know why but that was funny to me. Now I want a loaded baked potato. :D

I think it's a thing when Sims get kicked out of clubs. They cry. I saw it in a video recently. I actually do expect Christin a bit more now that I understand where she's coming from. Will she and Brody "stay" together even if he's not in the gang?

Where's the fishing pond in Oasis Springs? I don't remember. I haven't played there recently.

I would say poor Max with his house but I don't feel too badly for him. And he'll be okay, I think. Did the fire start autonomously?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    Max only eats quick meals, so this was a feast for him. 😂 I can't relate either.

I expected the crying to be autonomous. I'd never seen it before but it was hilarious. Such a bad, tough guy crying because his rival kicked him out.

The fishing pond is in the big park in Oasis Springs. Somewhere in the middle of it.

The oven wasn't really on fire, that was just the broken animation. Fire kept coming out of it but it didn't spread or anything.
    Woo, go Max! And actually taking the democratic road this time around! With a healthy dose of manipulation, but still. He's good at this. I just wish he'd get out of that decrepit house already, lol. I mean - there's fire coming out of the stove! Get out of there, Max! :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi He really should, he won't be in this house long anymore. Soon!
    Chapter 42: I Owe You This is out! Sofia decides to invite the strange teenager in front of her house inside.

Lost-in-Thought.png

Yaaaassss I was waiting for this!
    That is very kind and mature of Sofia, to offer to do that for the both of them. It also shows that she still cares for Hugo, despite breaking things off with him. I really liked seeing that. The way she broke things off with Hugo and moved on with his sister, it felt like she simply discarded him after realizing that she could do better. It left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, so seeing her genuinely care is great.

Are you changing Sofia’s hairstyle to represent the passing of time? I recall her having shorter hair before. Maybe I’m wrong, but if I’m not, then it’s a great use of visuals!

Also, I’ll say it again – I love how vibrant and colourful your pictures are. It just makes me feel good for some reason, despite the struggles that your cast goes through.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi I can see that! Quick posting on your part.
    Yes, I didn't want to completely villainize Sofia. No one is completely black or white. It'd be weird if Sofia hadn't cared for Hugo after all these years together, so I wanted to display that.

I'm so glad you noticed! Sofia's hair is indeed growing. I've been very careful while selecting Sofia's hair to see which one was longer than the last one, but not unrealistically long. I've become very aware of styling after Sofia got into bubble blowing.

I like that the colourful pictures are such a contrast with the serious events going on. I didn't want the story to be too dark and keep it somewhat fluffy. And I love bright colours, so the pictures have become more vibrant throughout. o:)
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ch 42
    I like that the colourful pictures are such a contrast with the serious events going on. I didn't want the story to be too dark and keep it somewhat fluffy. And I love bright colours, so the pictures have become more vibrant throughout

I have to agree with you there. The vibrancy of your pictures help ease the darker chapters. Though I didn't feel this chapter was dark. (Then again my darkness meter is probably broken.)

I'm crossing my fingers that Hugo's pov gets featured next!
    @mercuryfoam
    I wouldn't describe this chapter as dark either, don't worry!

I've written the next update a little while ago, but from memory, I think Hugo coming over is the next chapter, yes. 😁
    Ahhhh I want more! Haha. I'm impatiently awaiting your next chapter!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Chapter 43
    I'm so glad to see those two reconnect a bit, even if it's over something as chaotic as a child that nobody knew about. It also made me really want to see Hugo reconnect with his sister, too. If him and Sofia can have a good conversation, then him and Luna should be able to move past the awkwardness, too. This definitely came from Sofia, though. Since Luna and Hugo are both super conflict-averse, that talk might not go that well... :s
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Yeah... In the game the talk between Luna and Hugo has happened and it might bring some sad times.
    @Duvelina
    Oh, no. :D Oh dear. I mean, I live for the drama, but oh dear. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @Duvelina
    It was nice to see Sofia exercise maturity here when she told Hugo about his son. Also I was happy Hugo didn't overreact, and that he thanked Sofia. It was a nice change to see this type of interaction after their painful breakup and ending. I wonder how Hugo will go about talking with Duke, if Duke's mother knows/cares, and if Hugo will tell Luna.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited August 2020
    Finally all caught up! I won't comment on each individual chapter here, but I have to say that this section has been such a whirlwind of emotions! So many things happening that have me going "aww" or "YIKES" or "excuse me, what?". Awesome!

Some things that really stood out to me in these chapters (33 to 43) are:
    -Jacqueline working out to a dangerous level, that's making me anxious and I'm not looking forward to seeing her spiral more into a dangerous depression brought about by her body image. I hope she gets a good resolution but I'm expecting it to get worse before it gets better.

-I'm actually warming to Max a little after these chapters! I mean, he's still not the greatest person ever and I'm suspicious about every little thing he does, but his time at GeekCon really made him seem nicer and more sensitive than he has been during the whole story. I was also impressed at him not gloating after Brodie was kicked out of the club officially, since I think that shows a lot of growth. I'm still nervous about what he's going to do and I hope he doesn't screw Veronica over, but I'm cautiously on his team for now.

-Hugo and Nelson, d'awwww. They're a cute couple. I'm still really anxious to find out about what Nelson had going on with that argument in his apartment, but I'm happy these two are finally officially together.

-And speaking of Hugo, I wonder how he's going to approach the subject of his son? This is a huge bombshell in his life, and while I think he's taking it rather well right now, this can't be easy. I hope things go well for him and Duke!

-Sofia has been a delight to read about in this section. I'm relieved that it seems like she's getting better and better, though I'm still nervous that she's going to have a relapse at some point. I hope not, and at this point it seems like she's not going to, but given the nature of recovery, I won't be surprised if that eventually does happen.

-I'm not happy that Luna STILL hasn't talked to Hugo about what's going on with Sofia. That's really not fair, and it's unfortunate given that Hugo is hurt about the whole thing. I know Luna has a lot on her plate with Allyson and work and everything, but putting off this conversation could potentially ruin her relationship with her twin and that's just sad. I hope she wakes up and realizes this.

Can't wait for more chapters!
    @ajamkeevin Thank you for taking so much time out of your day to read all of those chapters!
    Isn't that the way it always is? Things have to get worse before they can get better. (And sometimes they just keep getting worse)

It's good to hear you're warming up to Max! Let's hope he doesn't turn around and disappoints you again.

The reveal of his son isn't just going to have an impact on Hugo. What about his beginning relationship with Nelson? They're not a very strong couple yet and are still getting to know each other. This is a bombshell for everyone, honestly. And everyone gets caught in the shards.

I think Luna is very much aware of the silence between her and her brother but she really does need to step up to the plate and go out of her way to talk to Hugo. Hugo is the silent one and would quietly move along with his life and act polite towards Luna, but wouldn't trust her with anything again.
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    Chapter 44
    Eeeeeeek, I was nervously anticipating it but now that it's here, I really don't want it to happen. I really hope that Sofia doesn't relapse! She's done so well so far... but I can understand her feeling uncomfortable with the situation with Duke. Duke couldn't have known, really, but honestly him putting the weight of the secret on Sofia was not a very good thing. I hope Luna doesn't find out that Sofia knows about it... :(

Even though Sofia didn't have the best time, I thought the date at the roller rink was super cute! And she and Luna make such an adorable couple. Luna is looking fabulous!

Side note: it's nice to be all caught up for once and read as you publish instead of binging :P Although when we have cliffhangers like this one I'm left itching for more! Hehe~
    How did I miss this?!

Chapter 44
    It took me a while to realize what I liked about Luna's look so much in this chapter, and then I realized - she doesn't look like a mom, if that makes sense. She looks like a woman dressing up to go on a date. That's obvious because she is, but we've only ever seen Luna in the mom-role to the point where it's like that is her entire existence. It's good to see her like this, both because she's really pretty and because of what it means.

Aaaaaaand Sofia. I already panicked about Sofia on your blog, so I'll save you the same rant here. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg