Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are sims 4 significant others always absent for their child's birth?

RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
In the sims, the mother's significant other has literally nothing to do with the birth except for having a little panic in another room. Couldn't they, and maybe the parents of the mother, arrive to help out and be supportive? I don't want my sims having babies alone, it's just sad to watch.
Post edited by Rhiannonraven on

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Never fails that every single time I take my current sim to have a baby, if they pull her heart at least once every time xD
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    It makes sense. The at hospital birth is a c-section, hence the pulling out organs part. (Maybe the daddy disappears after birth to pull around the car/call for a ride?) The natural birth is at home.

Personally, I don’t do at hospital births anymore because they take too long. I want her to drop the baby as quickly as possible so she can get back to work! These Simoleons won’t make themselves! That baby does not need to be coddled. She’ll throw him into the bassinet and check on him when he’s stinky. Sounds like real life to me.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm fine with the way birth is in the game. I would hate it if they made it more realistic. The hospital births are classic Sims chaos with things going wrong.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I'm fine with the way birth is in the game. I would hate it if they made it more realistic. The hospital births are classic Sims chaos with things going wrong.

Exactly. They can’t get too real and keep the T-for teen rating, and besides I love the classic sims humor of the contraption and the mishaps and the silly reactions. I play to escape reality and while some realism is great, it’s also fun to have some unrealistic elements too in order to keep things lighthearted and fun. It’s a life simulation not a life duplication.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I greatly prefer the Sims birth to the absolutely disgusting and alien-like process that are real births...