Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nikkei_Simmer's Stupid Questions #1 - Can Plumbots Be Destroyed by Det-Packs?

I thought about doing a running gag throughout my save with Private Memory Sticks getting blown up every so often. But what I want to know is if Michael puts a det pack on Pte. Sticks, will Sticks get blown up and die or will he just get singed like a regular sim? I'd rather have him get singed than get blown to literal pieces and die.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Do a save as before trying. If you don't like the result, quit without saving. No loss!
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Interesting idea. :lol:

AFAIK, Plumbots can only die of meteors or jetpack crashes.

I didn’t think you can put detonation packs on Sims though; only objects. And I’m not sure if Plumbots even have a singed outfit? They might be coded similarly to Simbots, who can’t get blown up or singed.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited June 2020
    I guess there's always sticking a det pack on a tank and shoving Pvt. Memory Chips right next to the thing when it goes off. ~evil grin~. set the game on freeze, just as the explosion goes off and capture the screencap. At least him standing in the middle of the explosion will give me endless amounts of amusement.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Good idea! :naughty: Or maybe not. :hushed:

So, I just ran a test save to see what would happen...

We begin with a Simbot, a Plumbot and two humans. The Simbot slaps a det pack on an armored pickup, and I MOO the other three Sims in up close for the glorious KABOOM!

1.jpg

They are not pleased with the Simbot.

2.jpg

But they all survive.

3.jpg

Both humans are singed, but the Plumbot is unscathed. Cue flashbacks of the Terminator.

4.jpg

Simbot runs over to the other side of the fire to pass out.

5.jpg

But what’s this? Plumbot 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on fire!

6.jpg

Sims still freaking out, Simbot still passed out, Plumbot still on fire. And I’m still watching the “on fire” moodlet countdown...

7.jpg

And... oh. Plumbot ashes. They are not immune to death by fire. Oops.

8.jpg

But hey! The ice cream truck just showed up! Maybe they can throw popsicles on the fire or something?

10.jpg

Fire goes out on its own. Grim shows up.

11.jpg

Now one of the human Sims has fainted too.

12.jpg

RIP Plumbot.

13.jpg

I resurrected the Plumbot though, and then sent them all to the truck for ice cream. What? They had a rough day.

14.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @starguru That is hilarious!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    ~giggling my *** off~ Bravo @starguru. And thank you. I'll make sure I have an outdoor shower handy so that Pvt. Sticks can run for the shower.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Thanks, @IreneSwift and @Nikkei_Simmer. :mrgreen:

Not sure how often Plumbots start on fire due to explosions, but having a shower handy would be a good idea! :lol: