Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I found a way to take better toddler photos!

KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
Hi everyone! I found a way to get a better angle for toddler pictures in the sims and I thought I'd share it!
(Please be aware that English isn't my native language so I might make a few mistakes in my explanation :relieved: )

So have you ever tried to take a photo of a toddler and it looked something like this:
zNru6PI.jpg

Or even worse - something like this:
iec1MdP.jpg

And have you ever wished you could actually bring your camera to toddler height, similar like what we can do with pets? Or have you just wanted to make a ground-level photo in the sims? Well I found a way how to get rid of those awkward angles forever! :smiley:

Step 1: make sure testingcheats is enabled and create a pool on your active lot. Even a one-square one could work.
MflJItE.jpg

Step 2: send your photographer into the pool.
z0bP8ct.jpg

Step 3: shift click on the ground where your photographer is supposed to stand. You'll get a "teleport here" option pop up. (WARNING! Doesn't work on carpets!)
l44rsDz.jpg

Step 4: click on it. For whatever glitchy reason your sim is still swimming! :open_mouth:
2bOCLge.jpg

Step 5: don't move your sim anywhere (unless by teleporting). Click on your sims inventory, click on the camera and choose "take photo" or "take photo of".
4CEucV0.jpg

Ta daa!
1uwRo7W.jpg

Beautiful, isn't it? Now we can finally see that cute toddler face!
kkfsKQa.jpg

Here are a few staged photos I managed to take from ground level using this cheat:
Q7kitm6.jpg

So many new possibilities :)

(apologises if this is a well-known hack, I figured I'd share it because I'd be very thankful if someone told me about it months ago :blush:)

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Love it! Thank you so much for sharing.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    This is hilarious and I'm 100% here for it.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Very cool. Thank you so much!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Really cool trick, thanks for sharing. Also that picture of all the kids in spooky day costumes is adorable.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Love this, thank you so much for sharing!! :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Thank you for sharing. You're very good at photography. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Wow, that's a neat trick. I just thought I'd add that there is another way to do this as well. The game will actually save up to 5 camera positions that you can jump between while taking pictures with the camera. To set it up, you would go into "Cameraman Mode" by hitting the "Tab" key, then position the camera however you like. (For toddlers, the Q key will be your best friend-this is what moves the camera down. You can also zoom in much farther in this mode.)

Once the camera is in a position you like, hit "Control" and any number between 5 and 9. This assigns the camera position to that number. Now, hit "Tab" again to come out of cameraman mode and select your photographer Sim to take the picture. Once the camera interface comes up, hit the number you chose before without holding Control. (So, if you hit Control and 5, just hit 5 now.) The camera should jump right to the saved position, regardless of where your photographer is standing.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's a very neat trick. It really shouldn't be so difficult to get a decent toddler photo though.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Speechless. This is amazing!
    I'm going to need a entire tutorial on how you did that spooky day picture because.. wow.
    Thank you for sharing!
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Genius!
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    Wow, so many responses, thank you all so much! :open_mouth:<3 I'm glad the hack became handy for so many people, feel free to share your pics using it! :relaxed: I'm very photo obsessed in the sims, all of my sims have maxed out the photography skill and are constantly snapping family pictures up to the point where there's no space on my walls to hang them :D and I've learnt a lot of tricks throughout the months, like always taking big sized photos and then sizing them down for better quality, downloading custom photo frames because the in-game ones are rather bland or using custom poses to make them feel more real :)

Here are just a few examples of my photo walls, feel free to take ideas:
    FtvBZj7.jpg

UKyIEuI.jpg

e3cHxIX.jpg

7rvBUlW.jpg

@purplestarz2006 what an interesting technique, I never knew about it! :open_mouth: Thanks for sharing!

@simmer_jay the halloween pose was created using a custom posepack "Happy Halloween" by BommieSims (here's the link, you also might want to get the poseplayer mod if you haven't already). Same technique, placing a swimming sim in front of the kids and choosing "take photo" :)

The result I would've get without the hack:
    sCmWXAC.png

The result I got instead:
    mNPu4tB.png

Took a bit tweaking on how far my sim should stand (swim :D) but eventually I ended up with this :)
    zlcFEEm.png
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Ahhh this is why my sim keeps asking for a 1x1 pool .

I love this!
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)