Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets Too Needy?

2...Next

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't find them that bad. I usually will have at least one sim in the household interact with the pet each day, giving it pets, hugs and some play time and then they are usually fine for the rest of the day.

I think dogs are a little more needy until you teach the bad behaviors out of them, they play in stuff that makes them dirty quite often but once they have learned not to do it they become more fun to deal with. Usually I only have my sims take a dog for a walk when the dog asks for it and it's always the short walk option cause even that option takes like four sim hours.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I think they are fine. If my sims have pets they usually find time to take care of them and spend time with them. I also try to figure out what kind of pet and sim go well together. I'm really looking forward to having my slob sim grow up and her getting a dog that is messy :joy: Her house will be sooo dirty!

Sometimes dog's whining for a walk has been a bit annoying (because even short walk takes such a long time) but sometimes I take them for a walk and sometimes I ignore them or perhaps distract them with playing with them or something else... I don't remember what I have done, but I know they have stopped whining at some point.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I don't find them too needy. I almost always have at least one pet in my households, and I find it easy to manage their needs, but I also end up treating them like family members and feel so guilty if they aren't taken care of.

Dogs with the active trait do need to go on more walks, usually one every other day. If my sim doesn't have a lot of spare time for a jog, I usually will just leash the dog and walk a short ways down the road then back. You can even leash them and walk around the house. You don't need to go on a full walk, just walk until you have the energized buff called Good Walk and it will satisfy your dog need. This is especially helpful if you're living in Windenburg because the walks there are excruciatingly long.

Loyal dogs do need more attention but they usually will follow your sim around and just give them a pet every now and then will make them happy.

I find pets so useful to have despite their occasional neediness. Play/Roughhouse (for active dogs) can fill your fun if you're low. They help fill your social, and when you're stressed or sad they can alleviate those negative emotions.

But then when they die... they'll break your heart. :(