Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    “Eventually”
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    Considering Elder Scrolls VI is also on the list and no date for that one either and it seems to be ehh taking it's time... i am not sure how much money i would put on the magazin or the site ...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    A lot of sites are saying this but their presumption is that OBVIOUSLY Sims 5 will be ported to Consoles, and there's no point releasing it onto a lesser format. EA didn't say WHEN though. In fact it probably won't come out until ALL of the next-gen consoles have a solid footing.

They'll have ray-tracing, standard. And ray-tracing does not come cheap.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    never say never it might come to pc as well at least thats how i see things from a positive way
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well that has been confirmed that it will be in xbox series... Xbox series will be only available in 2021.. Now maxis is recruting all sorts of positions like executive producer, service lead, community operations etc... Personally Im excited to see the new sims 5 game... When it will be? Idk... maybe 2021 or 2022.. Of course its too soon for an announcent... I betting for ea play in 2021
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    Well that has been confirmed that it will be in xbox series... Xbox series will be only available in 2021.. Now maxis is recruting all sorts of positions like executive producer, service lead, community operations etc... Personally Im excited to see the new sims 5 game... When it will be? Idk... maybe 2021 or 2022.. Of course its too soon for an announcent... I betting for ea play in 2021
    I don’t know remember when the Sims 4 was announced that was super early so it could be this year.This time however I am going wait for the reviews EA you got to convince me that TS5 is worth my time and money.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I don’t know remember when the Sims 4 was announced that was super early so it could be this year.This time however I am going wait for the reviews EA you got to convince me that TS5 is worth my time and money.

TS4 was announced one and half years before it's release. But it had been teased earlier with the eye ad and rummored in production since 2010 and leaked Project Olympus during the eye ad.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    here when the sims4 was first introduce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

edited June 2020
    here when the sims4 was first introduce https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg

We had the CAS beta thing before that trailer before any gameplay was known. So, announcement was earlier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar @friendlysimmers

April 25, 2013 - First rumors and screenshots
    May 6, 2013 - Official announcement : https://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-4-in-development-for-pc-and-mac
    August 20, 2013 - CAS Demo (Everybody)

It was originally announced for Early 2014 (March) and delayed to Fall 2014 (September)
    The Sims 3 was delayed from February to June 2009

The Sims 2 was also delayed to September 2004 instead of Early 2004
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news280104eadelays

I would say :
    • FY Q1 (April/May) : Announcement
    • FY Q4 (Feb/March) : First release date
    • FY+1 Q2 (June) or Q3 (September) : Delayed release date
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    @KaeChan2089 i just found this the sims5 was suppose to be annonce last year just found out via this link https://www.hiptoro.com/p/the-sims-5-release-date-consoles-new-sims-game-to-be-compatible-with-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    @KaeChan2089 i just found this the sims5 was suppose to be annonce last year just found out via this link https://www.hiptoro.com/p/the-sims-5-release-date-consoles-new-sims-game-to-be-compatible-with-ps5-and-xbox-series-x/

Thank you, I added to my thread <3.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I think they were saying it was “supposed” to have been released last year just because that is the usual cycle. They don’t seem to have any inside information.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I'll just re-post what I said in another thread...
    There is no way the Sims 5 would launch on consoles before PC, that would be like releasing the Sims 3 (console version) on PC with that annoying fire meter & other restrictions built-in. The Sims have always preceded the consoles in their releases, and all console games have been spin-offs until the Sims 4...are they trying to imply that the Sims 5 for PS5 would be a spin-off from the real Sims 5 (PC)?

EDIT: For context I am also a console gamer (so I'm not hating on console players), I just don't believe that PC game development should revolve around consoles as they are completely different animals in regards to memory, performance and power.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    To people saying about the announcement - we've HAD no announcement. No teasers. No serious information. Just a collection of 'if'. After all, it just seems a foregone conclusion that after being released successfully on consoles this time, it will be released on consoles next time, and why release it on an old console when there's a new one coming out?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited June 2020
    @Cinebar @friendlysimmers

April 25, 2013 - First rumors and screenshots
    May 6, 2013 - Official announcement : https://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-4-in-development-for-pc-and-mac
    August 20, 2013 - CAS Demo (Everybody)

It was originally announced for Early 2014 (March) and delayed to Fall 2014 (September)
    The Sims 3 was delayed from February to June 2009

The Sims 2 was also delayed to September 2004 instead of Early 2004
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news280104eadelays

I would say :
    • FY Q1 (April/May) : Announcement
    • FY Q4 (Feb/March) : First release date
    • FY+1 Q2 (June) or Q3 (September) : Delayed release date

I got the demo before 'everybody' else. I was lucky I guess. Many of us were already on this forum long before 'everybody' else was moved over to here. Don't know how that worked but it's the truth.
    Loanet wrote: »
    To people saying about the announcement - we've HAD no announcement. No teasers. No serious information. Just a collection of 'if'. After all, it just seems a foregone conclusion that after being released successfully on consoles this time, it will be released on consoles next time, and why release it on an old console when there's a new one coming out?

I think it's a pretty big deal if they have made agreements with Sony's (if true) PS5. It means they had to show them something to be included in a list Sony is considering to promote for PS5. There has to be legal contracts long before the game is even completed...so it's a big deal if it's all true.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sony unveils games coming to PS5, this Thursday, who knows maybe they’ll mention it.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

I think it's a pretty big deal if they have made agreements with Sony's (if true) PS5. It means they had to show them something to be included in a list Sony is considering to promote for PS5. There has to be legal contracts long before the game is even completed...so it's a big deal if it's all true.

@Cinebar They're EA they don't have to show anything more than a concept. They are a big company and are under contract. Also Sony and consoles in general are very very very interested in getting exclusives or at least getting a game their opponent might get. When a huge company like EA comes to them with an already popular game, trust me they don't even have to think twice about it before agreeing.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's listed as TBA and TBC so it seems like it's purely speculation. Doesn't really confirm anything yet, even if it does confirm it, deciding which platforms the game will run on would likely be the very first thing done before development even starts.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's listed as TBA and TBC so it seems like it's purely speculation. Doesn't really confirm anything yet, even if it does confirm it, deciding which platforms the game will run on would likely be the very first thing done before development even starts.

That is very true. Even though we don't know when they took the step to decide which platforms the game will be in (they could have started developing for the PS5 a year ago and maybe we're only now hearing this since Sony only now decided to release that info).
    I agree though that the game is definitely still in early development.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

That is very true. Even though we don't know when they took the step to decide which platforms the game will be in (they could have started developing for the PS5 a year ago and maybe we're only now hearing this since Sony only now decided to release that info).

EAxis started hiring new staff in 2017, so if its for TS5, it should be completed sooner than everyone thinks.

if rumors on whats on google is true it says early 2021 but things could change as the old saying go never say never they might these it at ea play or we will see hints of the sims5 via the next sims4 pack

edited June 2020

EAxis started hiring new staff in 2017, so if its for TS5, it should be completed sooner than everyone thinks.

Yeah, that was three years ago, I don't know why some still think they just started hiring. I think people let time get away from them for many reasons. Seems like people look up after making wish list after wish list for TS4 and finally dawns on them it's three years later when they asked for bunkbeds, spiral staircases, and or see it's six years later in some cases.