This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Cars Leak?!?

Comments

• Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Cars, Vans, Pickup Trucks & other Vehicles must come to this game by Next Month

Next month? 🤣 Why next month?

It's better we get it soon rather than later
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I've been able to press Tab and see inside and go inside the homes of everyone in that neighborhood. I don't remember that being a thing (correct me if I am wrong). But maybe the cars theory is possible as well as opening up the neighborhood.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,382 Member
    edited June 2020

The game needed an overhaul to get toddlers and we got them.

That's why I said a year sounds about right (Unisex update took about the same time iirc?). The Leak mentioned that cars were in the works for about a year and I said yes, I can imagine that.

Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pretty sure they are coming eventually. I mean base game didn't have traffic lights and they came with a patch. Pretty sure they are adding things to roads for a reason. But I did have fun teasing SimGuruGeorge about cars when he was making GIFs and the neighborhood ones showed up.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are coming eventually. I mean base game didn't have traffic lights and they came with a patch. Pretty sure they are adding things to roads for a reason. But I did have fun teasing SimGuruGeorge about cars when he was making GIFs and the neighborhood ones showed up.

Please provide context for the statement. Thank You.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,701 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Have you guys noticed the massive amount of cars and that beautiful gas station in EL? Who knows, I think the leak might be legit, but we'll know by the end of the year I suppose 😂

No not really. The end of the fiscal year is in March or April Next Year so it could be as late as Early 21.
  • Options
    If cars do come in a Patch it will most likely be a Pre GP or EP Patch. Toddlers came in the Vampires Pre Patch so I think August is looking likely for a car patch if we get one. That's when I think GP 9 is coming out of course we'll know more about that when EA Play happens.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Context? You mean how I have been playing Sims 4 since 2014 and noticed changes with patches since then? Or about SimGuruGeorge, that was when he was streaming on Twitch and he kept saying how this is not a hint. Gurus know we want cars.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    frantastic922frantastic922 Posts: 23 Member
    I feel like cars should have been a priority. It needs to happen sooner rather than later.. a bit frustrating really. With that said, I think it would be fun if they did new careers (race car driver, auto mechanic), mischief (drag racing), expand on the Collector aspiration (classic cars), etc. I miss restoring cars like in TS3... kids could watch/help their parents work on them.
  • Options
    I feel like cars should have been a priority. It needs to happen sooner rather than later.. a bit frustrating really. With that said, I think it would be fun if they did new careers (race car driver, auto mechanic), mischief (drag racing), expand on the Collector aspiration (classic cars), etc. I miss restoring cars like in TS3... kids could watch/help their parents work on them.

Did anyone tweeted SimGuruLyndsay about the suggestion?
  • Options
    bryanovensbryanovens Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2020
    If they're releasing cars, maybe it will tie in with the theme for the next GP or EP? I could imagine their driving mechanics being utilized by tractors for a Country Livin' pack, or maybe a possible Teen/American Highschool pack that features driving lessons?
  • Options
    Yeah better release vehicles and garages by next month....
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I prefer cars that don't leak. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really hope that it's true that we're getting cars! It would tie in perfectly with the Eco Lifestyle pack! There could be many vehicles that have a high industrial footprint and we could also get electric cars that would be good for the green side of things. I would imagine if we get a cars patch that there might be a pack involving transportation of some sort. I am trying to imagine how Sims would do a pack like that.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    I've been able to press Tab and see inside and go inside the homes of everyone in that neighborhood. I don't remember that being a thing (correct me if I am wrong). But maybe the cars theory is possible as well as opening up the neighborhood.

Really? I have to try this!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Do you mean you can just see inside the empty house or that you can also see the sims and objects inside the house as well?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    bixters wrote: »

Do you mean you can just see inside the empty house or that you can also see the sims and objects inside the house as well?

I mean I can see the furniture and things on the wall unless they are painted or photos taken by the sims. I can't see any sims but I can basically explore the whole house as if someone lives there but they are out at the moment.

And only within the neighborhood with houses you can place not those fake houses in the background either just to clarify further.

This might've already been known so sorry if it was. I just recently discovered this and was amazed.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I mean I can see the furniture and things on the wall unless they are painted or photos taken by the sims. I can't see any sims but I can basically explore the whole house as if someone lives there but they are out at the moment.

And only within the neighborhood with houses you can place not those fake houses in the background either just to clarify further.

This might've already been known so sorry if it was. I just recently discovered this and was amazed.

Interesting. When I've used tab to look in other sims houses in the past, it usually just shows the walls, no furniture.
    This might be a new development. Maybe they're opening up houses in neighborhoods eventually, or there planning on some town house builds without loading screens?
    Can anyone else do this in their game, and has it always been like that?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2020

Interesting. When I've used tab to look in other sims houses in the past, it usually just shows the walls, no furniture.
    This might be a new development. Maybe they're opening up houses in neighborhoods eventually, or there planning on some town house builds without loading screens?

The interior of houses has always been visible, so that is nothing new. That's also what makes this whole closed hood system so plum. The interior basically is loaded already.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

The interior of houses has always been visible, so that is nothing new. That's also what makes this whole closed hood system so plum. The interior basically is loaded already.

Yeah, they should just open up the neighborhoods. It's kind of dumb when it's already loaded in and you STILL have to go through a loading screen.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com

• Options
    We want vehicles and Garages to be included next month.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,794 Member
    We want vehicles and Garages to be included next month.

Do you think there's any substance to the rumor that those will be patched in over the summer?

It seems kind of weird that during the terrain tools revealed in late 2018, Romeo made a garage-like room only for them to backpedal and say that it wasn't a confirmation that cars were a thing 🤷🏽‍♂️
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited June 2020

Context? You mean how I have been playing Sims 4 since 2014 and noticed changes with patches since then? Or about SimGuruGeorge, that was when he was streaming on Twitch and he kept saying how this is not a hint. Gurus know we want cars.

Guru’s know players want a lot of things and unfortunately players jump at nothing as if it’s something. Just a few weeks ago a guru shared a picture of a bridge in willow creek.. which everyone thought was new. Nope. It’s been in since launch, Day 1, visible in pre-release promo... people just don’t notice because it’s not functional and not important. I would bet the same thing is happening here for you. Not trying to be condescending or rude but they have only updated the worlds one time and that was for seasons.

Edit: and to be fair to the developers it’s not THEIR fault players don’t know what they already have. That’s on the players. EA marketing however uses that to their own benefit.
  • Options
    Vehicles needs to come to The Sims 4....
  • Options
    Vehicles needs to come to The Sims 4....

Yes they do and I have a feeling EA will deliver cause they know how many people want cars like they did toddlers. Cars should have been put in TS4 from the beginning.