March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    edited February 2021
    @DeafSimmer
    You’re right – Morgana has never had any formal training, so she’s not skilled yet at all. Lancelot definitely came at the nick of time. I rolled for it – he beat Bayard’s roll by 1. 😰

@ThePlumbob Haha, well we’re both very close to the final chapters, so I don’t blame you 😂
    I’m sure Uther will disagree, but I’ll tell him. 😁 Lancelot saved everyone’s bacon by rolling juuuuuust high enough this chapter my gods.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited February 2021
    @_sims_Yimi <3

Do you want to know how the 'race' ends? :smile:

1.jpg
    p.s. - this song.
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg
    16.jpg
    17.jpg
    18.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.jpg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.jpg
    24.jpg
    25.jpg
    26.jpg
    He says 'Your move'. :smile:

Mercury's response -
    Seriously, they should just play chess. Happy V day!

EDIT: My so looked over, asks what's going on and concluded that Trevor is weird. bahaha :joy:
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    edited February 2021
    @mercuryfoam
    Oh, they are playing chess. :smirk: Your SO's comments continue to crack me up.

Right. For the confused people, @mercuryfoam 's Trevor and Morgana have been having a bit of a cross-story flirtationship. :D It's involved some weird things because they're rich people with way too much money on their hands. And now my brain ships them together. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited February 2021
    Well.....
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    @mercuryfoam
    Trev's idea of chess is too grandiose for my commoner tastes. Thank watcher, he makes bank, even if his visions are impossible sometimes. 🤨

Eh. Trev will have you know that their flirtationship things aren't weird and that some people *cough* my so *cough* simply do not understand. 😏 Pfft.
    Well.....
    @mercuryfoam
    Trev's idea of chess is too grandiose for my commoner tastes. Thank watcher, he makes bank, even if his visions are impossible sometimes. 🤨

Eh. Trev will have you know that their flirtationship things aren't weird and that some people *cough* my so *cough* simply do not understand. 😏 Pfft.

@mercuryfoam
    Right, because a trojan horse, a rubber ducky in a tuxedo and a bastet statue are completely ordinary flirtationship presents :joy: Wasn't your SO also the one who said that Arthur looked like a medieval Trevor? He has the best comments :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited February 2021
    Me: Didn't you already use this picture last chapter?
    Also me: Yes. I like it.
    Me: You can't use the same image twice. You need one that actually appears in the-
    Also me: Shush. You sort of see it. Let me enjoy my lightning effects in peace.

Hi, guys. Sorry this one is late - it's been a heck of a week. I hope you enjoy. :)

XeF8vDt.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hi @DeafSimmer :mrgreen:
    He definitely does. Morgana is great under pressure - as long as she can prepare for it. If she can't, she reverts to instinct, and the instinct of a 16-year-old usually comes paired with rash decisions and very bad choices.

Oooh your new siggy looks great! I'm not fully caught up with your story yet (lot of stories to get caught up on in between work and D&D) but I'll get to it in time! Judging from the siggy, the sequel is promising to have lots of drama. :blush:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Whew, this took forever to make! A little heads-up... this is a monster of a chapter. Okay, technically it's only 500 words longer than my normal chapters, but, well. You'll see.

2C1Zh1x.jpg

The world sucks for many of us right now. For whoever needs to hear it, please know that you're not alone. <3
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited March 2021
    A story based on Camelot and the relevant stories and characters is such a cool idea! I just read the Prologue!
    Nice short, snappy hook opening. Really love the intensity of your screenshots as well, the long shots of the castle and the expressions really emphasise the story in a way that almost gives it a comic book vibe. The burning scene worked amazingly, because all you see is the horrified expressions and not the actual burning itself...When a storyteller leaves me to conjure the image in my own head, it always has more impact that way for me. The children hugging was a sweet touch, but it's a shame that magicians have to fear for their lives; I guess people always fear that which they don't understand. It's best Merlin heads somewhere where he's safe and hopefully accepted despite his powers.

Really liked the intrigue and the way you tell the story, nice work : D
    they/them or she/her
    @DeafSimmer
    They are – but they’re also human, and everyone tires out eventually. And that is a very good question! Where is Morgana’s power coming from? Millicent and Merlin did not teach her to do that. This one will remain a mystery for a while, but there’s definitely something there.

@SnowBnuuy Ooooh, welcome to the roller coaster! Take a seat, have some tea and cookies. Don’t forget to put on your seat belt before plummeting into the literary abyss… I mean reading the rest of the story. :blush:
    Thank you so much! Screenshots are still a bit awkward at the beginning as I’m trying to figure out what I can do with the game, but they pick up after a couple of chapters. You’re right – people always end up fearing and hating what they don’t understand. It’s one of the themes in Camelot. I hope you’ll enjoy the rest of the chapters, too!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Oh yeah, I forgot!

Ch 2.34
    Cenred pledged his alliance to Morgana. Now he reveals himself as a fae. A fae who had a hand in the real king of Essetir's murder, gossips with Richard on the side, knows Morgause, might have a hand with Sarah's looking for poison (unless she wants to poison him) and sips tea with Nimueh on his day off. Who's this guy?? :lol: What's his end goal? Why involve himself with the five kingdoms and draw so much attention to himself? I'm so so so so so so convinced he and Lincoln are connected like how Morrie and Morgause are connected too. (I have an obsession with Lincoln. Don't mind me haha.)
    "It's not your burden to bear"
    So it's his burden to bear? Why is it his to bear? What if he becomes like Lincoln? Too much yuck in his body and we don't see him again. :bawling: Hmm... so Cenred is powerful but he is unable to separate corruption from spirit. If he handled this himself he'd have to 'kill' Rupert. So does that mean he'd have to rely on someone like Morgana to be able to purify spirits and separate the darkness, then he'd be able to absorb the darkness without damaging Rupert's soul? Would Cenred be able to do what Lincoln did at Scarabough where he absorbed the townsfolk's darkness without harming them? Or is it because in this particular case it was a 'violent' spirit and thus Cenred couldn't, but would be able to if they were happy people.

Ok I'm going to stop here before this becomes a double novel for you. Just wondering how it all works. I love lore if its not obvious already. :smile:<3
    @mercuryfoam
    You can leave double novels whenever you feel like it! I love hearing you guys’ thoughts :mrgreen:

You make some good points there. He does know an awful lot to just be your average spellcasting Joe, doesn’t he? Why does he involve himself?
    Lincoln will show up in the story again. I haven’t forgotten about him, I swear. I can't promise if he'll be shirtless again, though. :wink:

Oooh, you’ve really thought this through! You’ve got a few of the puzzle pieces but not all of them yet, but I see you’re already getting quite far with what I’ve sprinkled in so far. I better start guarding against mental probes before you theorize my plot out from under me, hehe. I promise that there’s a logic to it all!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited March 2021
    We're finally here, guys. It's the final chapter. For everyone who has been here from the beginning, thank you so much for sticking out the roller coaster. It really means the world to me. <3

Efr4sgp.jpg

J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited March 2021
    @DeafSimmer
    True! Wasn't meant to be though - at least not this arc. But you never know! Something might end up blossoming in the future... if we ignore the whole involuntarily-engaged-to-Richard issue. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    @DeafSimmer
    True! Wasn't meant to be though - at least not this arc. But you never know! Something might end up blossoming in the future... if we ignore the whole involuntarily-engaged-to-Richard issue. :sweat_smile:
    Richard is a painfully tiny setback that I'm sure can be... dealt with.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I just got my first chapter back in after a while! I'm going to slowly make my way through. 😊

I had to get used to the story again and what had exactly transpired with the Morgana part of things but your worldbuilding is incredible as always.

I wonder if Guinevere was actually naïve and her mother was burned or if her mother is somewhere else. It wasn't immediately clear to me. I assume it's the first though.

I love seeing all these characters and how unique they all are and different from each other. Stellar work, Yimi!
    @SnuffyBucket
    Are you volunteering one of your vampires to come deal with him? 😏

@Duvelina Hey, welcome back!
    Haha it’s been a while, so I hope everything still makes sense. If you need a refresher at some point without having to read everything again, let me know.

Guinevere’s mother’s fate was left open for interpretation here, but there is a hint in that chapter of what might have happened. :wink:

Thank you! I had a blast writing them all. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    *Facepalm*

I went back and it suddenly all clicked regarding Guinevere's mother. 😂
    edited March 2021
    4 characters
    @SnuffyBucket
    I wasn't, I was thinking more the poison route. But -oof- that would be one heck of a scene. I can imagine him lounging on a sofa, using a servant as a footstool as he sips wine and looks pompous, then a crazy vamp bursting in to drain him, while Morgana casually watches and sips her tea. I think I'd send Faith because she would be totally inappropriate for Camelot in a thousand different ways.

I'll stop derailing your thread now. :D
    Almost Eternal
    1 2 3 4
    4 characters
    @SnuffyBucket
    I wasn't, I was thinking more the poison route. But -oof- that would be one heck of a scene. I can imagine him lounging on a sofa, using a servant as a footstool as he sips wine and looks pompous, then a crazy vamp bursting in to drain him, while Morgana casually watches and sips her tea. I think I'd send Faith because she would be totally inappropriate for Camelot in a thousand different ways.

I'll stop derailing your thread now. :D
    Haha, you can derail my thread all you like! And you know I have to make that scene now. And send Faith to Camelot for a day just to see what would happen. Yes. I'm going to do both of these things. Be prepared. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @SnuffyBucket Dang, Faith works fast.
    03-15-21-4-20-09-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-25-43-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-25-57-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-26-08-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-27-15-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-29-43-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-28-23-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-31-10-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-35-18-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-35-47-PM.jpg
    03-15-21-4-41-57-PM.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg

OMG I'm still laughing. Every time I think I can breathe, I look at picture 2 and just lose it again.
    Almost Eternal