Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We NEED Occults!

2...Next

Comments

• AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't play occult Sims right now but I would if they were fleshed out, there was a reason to play them and everything worked correctly. I did vampires once but then I found out they were broken and lost interest. I have played all of them at least once and just don't care anymore. Mermaids were disappointing. Aliens need special powers. I found playing a spellcaster boring and repetitive. IMO The charging thing limits game play. I don't like cool downs. Just let me play the game. I have played aliens the most. Ghosts just break things and scare Sims and their voices are creepy. Thinking about trying vampires again because I read somewhere that they were fixed but not if they hiss all the time. I do think we should have options for which occult appear in the game like before in other Sims games. I remember being able to go into options and being able to choose. I welcome more. They are fun to try but I may not play them again. I did not and will buy any pack just to get an occult. For me it's all for the build/buy items. Vampires has the best for build/buy!
  • Arijon59Arijon59 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > There needs to be:
    > Fairies
    > Genies
    > Playable PlantSims
    > Sphinx
    > Werewolves

I want Fairies, Genies, Playable PlantSims and Werewolves to. Dont know i want The Sphinx.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I want more occults. I want improvements to current occults. However, only the former is the most reliable (standard transaction: money for new pack with new content). The later, however, as much as I would love an update, I cannot think of a major update or rework to a DLC pack. Just base game (which means plant sims have a shot). The things that get updated are added to the base game, like photography skill.

So unless Aliens or mermaids are going to be made base game (I think this could be more easily done with Aliens because there is still a lot GTW has and some Alien stuff can still be exclusive to that pack like the scientist interactions), I do not think we can avoid DLC for DLC to get more content for them. If I like that content, I do not mind paying for it.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I want more occults. I want improvements to current occults. However, only the former is the most reliable (standard transaction: money for new pack with new content). The later, however, as much as I would love an update, I cannot think of a major update or rework to a DLC pack. Just base game (which means plant sims have a shot),

This. I also need occults that tie into gameplay better than some of the existing ones do. I also wouldn't say no to another set of maybe-these-count-as-occults, like we have with both Plant and Possessed Sims. Okay, I just want a ton of occult stuff. Werewolves and Fey especially. I think these things also need to be toggleable, for the sake of players like my friend who hate occults. I play with occult sims more often than I do with normal sims.

Edit: I realise that that random string of sentences made no sense, but you get what I mean, right? Right?
    banner.png
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I would love some more occult stuff (I also know that I am probably among the rare few who LOVE occult stuff in their Sims 4). There is a part of me that wants to play an "awakened" pet, meaning an actually playable pet (with maybe a few magical abilities added in).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • No_CharismaNo_Charisma Posts: 1 New Member
    I understand that my take might be disliked by fans but might be enjoyed by a CEO somewhere.

Have independent game packs for occult sims like how we already have vampires and making magic. Eventually release a full expansion inspired loosely by the World of Darkness IP where it introduces new gameplay focused on the game packs interacting and the occult sims having to hide the supernatural from the regular sims. Maybe if a vampire sim gets too much attention, a vampire hunter will come for them, they will fight and the hunter could "cure" them or idk end them? I'm not saying make it graphic but it would be nice if the supernatural only happens on certain lots without consequences but then there ARE consequences for your sims showing off to nonsupernatural sims. Maybe this Expansion pack adds more depth to the game packs in other was I haven't even thought of!

Either call it Sims: Occult or Sims: Hidden secrets.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I require my fairies. The body types in this game are so diverse that I need my big buff guy that's built like a gosh darn tank flying around and spreading pixie dust all over my city while giggling the whole time. I NEED THIS, EA.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still NEED my Werewolves.