Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We NEED Occults!

We have so so so SO much stuff for people who play "normal lifestyles". When are we getting the next occult? Do you think we even will? It feels unfair to anyone who plays with occults, we have aliens, vampires, witches, mermaids, and plant sims. Are we getting the short end of the stick? I feel like everytime a new pack comes out its for people who like to play with "human like" sims. Tiny living, eco living, dogs and cats, seasons, university, ect. Dont get me worng I like some of the above packs, I just feel like occults arent being represented as much. I want every occult we have ever had in past games, and then some. I miss my fairies, I crave for werewolfs, I love ghost, I like genies, I want fortune tellers, I want zombies, I want yetis to come from a winter vacation spot. Do you need occults to be happy?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t like occults. In fact, I believe we need MORE things for the folks who like to play as you say “normal lifestyles.”
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so want Fairies, Genies, Mummies & Werewolves.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I like both normal sims and occults. And also sci fi stuff. I agree with you, we need more occults. I wish that in the next gamepack we can get some weirdness, considering that the last two packs haven't added any...
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t like occults. In fact, I believe we need MORE things for the folks who like to play as you say “normal lifestyles.”

I have no doubt that the game will continue to come out with content for realism play, but those who enjoy enriching and not watered down occult play would like to be thrown a bone once in awhile. Even if said bone has little meat on it when compared to the amount of gameplay that caters to realism.

On topic, kids need occult things to do as well! I almost have no reason to play occult families since kids can't do anything relating to their heritage. Im not saying they should have full access to their powers, but sheesh they should be able to do things that normal kids can't do. I for one am I little miffed that child spellcasters can't even play pretend with their parent's wand, and that the only instance you see them doing some form of active magic is in CAS.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Since I'm also an occult player, I wouldn't be against werewolves and fairies to come back, plus some new ones so long as there's an opt-in/out feature to protect unplayed households/townies/NPCs from automatically becoming an occult when I trigger it. Or at least to protect those my sims already met since I would need them for my stories. I also don't like how they neutered aliens and vampires when a simple option like that could have been implemented for realistic players who bought the pack (even if I don't understand why they did if they don't want occult in their games).
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I absolutely need occult gameplay in my game. The kinds of stories that I enjoy the most are fantasy and sci-fi, the stories I write are fantasy and sci-fi, and the scenarios I like to play through the most in any Sims game involve the fantasy and sci-fi elements of the franchise. I'm currently waiting anxiously for werewolves to finally make a return, better, cooler, more customizable, and more fleshed-out than ever before. Believe it or not, there are a lot of directions you can go in with werewolves and their abilities: Being able to control and hone their shapeshifting abilities versus having it be something beyond their control, giving them the ability to talk to canines, tweaking their levels of superhuman physical abilities, unlocking skills related to stealth and trickery, determining to what extent their wolf half influences them even in human form, etc. And that's not even getting into all of the werewolf form CAS options we really should be getting: tail or no tail (yes, I want an option for freaking tails, because I hate when designers go the tailless route); Old Hollywood "woflman," new-style manbeast (muzzle, wolf ears, often a tail...think J. Talbain from Darkstalkers), or kemonomimi (animal ears and tail, and maybe some other details like animal eyes or paw-like hands); plantigrade (flat-footed) or digitigrade (up on the tip-toes like an actual wolf) feet; fur accents or full coat; orc underbite or actual lupine dentition...Werewolves are ripe for expansion and development, it's just that they never really get it in mainstream media because they either focus on "the curse" or trying to make them more like vampires in the name of marketability. It's time to do them and do them RIGHT!!!! With how they did the power progression system for vampires and developed a whole system for replacing a sim's entire lower half for merfolk, plus the fact that they now have large dog models and animations to base a full wolf form on, I say they have everything they need for building werewolves now...so no excuses.

And, yes, after werewolves, fairies and genies and such can be brought back too...but to have vampires without werewolves is like having a bagel without cream cheese, or a "chocolate cake" that's just plain yellow cake with chocolate frosting, or Batman without his rogues gallery...fundamentally incomplete.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    We have so so so SO much stuff for people who play "normal lifestyles". When are we getting the next occult? Do you think we even will? It feels unfair to anyone who plays with occults, we have aliens, vampires, witches, mermaids, and plant sims. Are we getting the short end of the stick? I feel like everytime a new pack comes out its for people who like to play with "human like" sims. Tiny living, eco living, dogs and cats, seasons, university, ect. Dont get me worng I like some of the above packs, I just feel like occults arent being represented as much. I want every occult we have ever had in past games, and then some. I miss my fairies, I crave for werewolfs, I love ghost, I like genies, I want fortune tellers, I want zombies, I want yetis to come from a winter vacation spot. Do you need occults to be happy?

I like occults (vampires and aliens are my favorites) but I tend to just mix them into normal gameplay. So my old-save supersim Alestaire MacAdams went to University, hooked up with a vampiress who came out of nowhere and rocked his world, then turned him, and then fell head over heels for an alien lady he met at a club, and they have twins together now: one's a redhaired vamp like her daddy, the other is an alien baby girl like mama. And they just moved out of Britechester and into Newcrest in an adorable Tiny Home with a nice big yard for toddler toys.

So you could say I play occults leading ordinary lives despite being different. Anyway, Alestaire seems to attract them despite having been a normal plain human before he got turned: in addition to the vampiress with the Reaper-black skin and wild golden mohawk who decided she wanted a piece of him for keeps (and had a son by him but made it clear that was the extent of his contribution...she's noncommittal), he also caught the notice of L Faba at a bar, who decided to take him for a spin, and also had a kid by him, and also wanted him to just move on..

So Alestaire's lucky he's from money, because he actually cares about his kids and has 4 of them now, just no relationship with 2 of the moms. The alien lady and he were engaged when she fell pregnant with the twins, but they decided to put off the wedding til they could do it in style and include their adorable daughters. Maybe they'll even have it on Sixam.

So I'm pretty happy with the occults I have, though I would enjoy werewolves if it meant the people so affected could actually turn into wolf-form. And I used a mod for fairies that worked really well, though who knows if it still does.

But if there aren't supposed to be fairies in the game, why is there fairy-proof fencing from REalms of Magic?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love all things supernatural and I agree we need more occults. I especially want werewolves as my game just feels incomplete without them. My vampire needs a pet worthy rival. I also really want hybrids so my vampire can learn magic, more occult gameplay for younger sims, and ghosts to be developed further. I would really like fairies and changelings too. The more occults the better!
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    It is a life simulator... I think occults are cool but I would much rather that they maybe add one (I really want fairies) and improve the existing ones then add a whole lot more mediocre occults.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I THINK OP SHOULDN'T GET WHAT THEY WANT BECAUSE MY PLAY STYLE IS MORE IMPORTANT

...that's you. That's what you all sound like.

Why not a new occult, AND some more realistic play?
    wJbomAo.png
  • RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Were not saying you cant get your realistic play, were just saying we would like to have more occult play. We have less occult stuff then there is realism stuff. Their is nothing wrong with wanting equality of content, were not saying you should get less, we just want the same amount. This is a discussion about wanting more occult's, because we see an inequality.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

Were not saying you cant get your realistic play, were just saying we would like to have more occult play. We have less occult stuff then there is realism stuff. Their is nothing wrong with wanting equality of content, were not saying you should get less, we just want the same amount. This is a discussion about wanting more occult's, because we see an inequality.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the people who disagreed with you because they didn't play occults. There's about 2-3 people in the thread and I didn't want to clog up my reply quoting each and every one of them.

We're on the same side.
    wJbomAo.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Don't forget the fact that mermaids absolutely sucked and that plantsims aren't even a real occult.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm up for werewolves.
    I've used Vampires to create demonic characters and deities. and Spell casters similarly, more so Sorcerers, Nymphs and High Elves.
    I've used Spellcasters + ghosts to make genies, and make their urn their magic lamp.

I've been looking for other mods, I've made Satyrs, and I'd like to make decent Minotaurs and Orcs.

And I would just like to have Farm animals, mainly Pigs and Cows.
    Definitely onboard for a Farming Pack. a Tuscan World, Vineyards, and Orchards.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AnnieBonnie007AnnieBonnie007 Posts: 245 Member
    Werewolves, fairies, mummies and genies!!!
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2020
    we have aliens, vampires, witches, mermaids, and plant sims.

You listed 5, but actually there are 6(ghosts). They aren't as fleshed out in the Sims3, but they are still present and playable. There is Grim, but alas being able to play him in Happy Haunts was voted down.

I have no use for werewolves and not to thrilled about mummies. Mummies should've been added to Jungle adventure, really. It fit. Just like BigFoot would've worked in Outdoor Retreat. Headless horseman for Halloween. Well, Sims4 isn't over yet, so who knows? :)

Genies? In everyday, I couldn't see myself wanting them, but... If they could make a cool world like the one in Realm of Magic, then I might change my mind on that one. I can picture stuff like Alladin, but more adult like, of course, that would fit with genies. If they do them, those pretty clothes and several styles of lamps should be a priority. Drapped beds and drapes all over.

Fairies? Out of all the ones mentioned previously, except for Yeti, this is the one that I probably would be interested in. I didn't play them hardly at all in Sims3, because there were tons of things to do in the Sims3, unlike Sims4, and I didn't get around to messing with them much. I do think they should consider a flower and mushroom world, cool tree houses with swinging bridges, and just a really pretty, colorful flower world. I just think they were pretty in the Sims3, which is why I think I would like them. It would still be around #3 for me in terms of wanting it.

As far as what we already have, vampires is my all time fav. and really the only one I had to have. Mermaids would've been 2nd. Ghost 3rd. I wish they would add more there, however. More coffins... not enough. Ghosts need cemeteries. I can't fathom why the simmers as a whole haven't been more vocal about cemeteries. Wheather you are a realistic or supernatural player or both, cemeteries is a staple of both and ghosts as well.

If I had to rank, Grim would be the #1 that I would want. Playable Grim, cemeteries, Grim's House like on Sims3, huge amount of interactions for Sims with Grim. Marry, mate, have a baby, and so many more.

Yeti would be #2. I really think we will get a winter destination and I wish they would make it an EP and not smaller and introduce owning resorts, which can be used in Sulani and other places as well. Some of those clothes that we won't get in the Knitting pack, like the toddler cloud shirt, which I adore to pieces, would be neat there.

I wasn't crazy for witches, but wanted the crystal ball, haunted pictures, and some of the touches that made Sims3 sparkle. Wasn't happy at all about the crystal ball being fake. Sometimes, it is the little things that are huge negatives for me. Since I didn't want witches at all, I was hoping the world, CAS, buy, and some build stuff(not always my favs) was so good that I would want it anyways. This was before I saw the world. I think if supernaturals are put out that special attention should go into CAS, the world, and buy especially so that simmers who don't care for that particular supernatural at all might still find enough there to want the pack anyways. Werewolves is the one I want the least in Sims4. I just never liked them jumping around looking like dogs in Sims3, although I know they had to look the part. If this was ever made in a stand alone like the others, it would def be bought only on a huge sale only, unless they made it worth it in the other departments. I'm happy with the way they did this in Realm of Magic, however, I can't see it happening with Werewolves. First think I thought when they came out with Echo, was thank goodness it wasn't werewolves. I didn't want witches, but they changed my mind, so who knows. Still think fake crystal ball sucks. Also, magic mirror.

With over 2,000 comments, I know you have seen the rules for the Sims site prohibiting shouting =all caps. You could get a guru to chime in, but I'm pretty sure I've seen them talk about this, which is why you don't see simmers do it much. One word is ok, but a whole bunch not so much. It is considered rude and a bullying tactic and it makes simmers not want to comment at all on posts like this, which is why it is prohibited. Everyone has a right to say what they like and don't like or what they want or don't want to see in the game. Perhaps in the future you should consider what the flag at the bottom of each post is for. It is for alerting gurus to people who make offensive remarks or who break rules. You should consider other people's feelings when posting in the future. Not everyone likes supernaturals and that is ok. Some wish the game was this or that. It is ok as long as we respect another simmers right to say what he or she wants or likes. It is their opinion and they are entitled to one. Perhaps you should state why supernaturals should be introduced as the OP wanted instead of commenting on the opinions of others in the manner you did. Anyways. Happy simming.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Some people* need occults
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    At this point we do have most the occults, but still they need to be finished. It's been over 3 years since vampires and still no sign of fairies or werewolves
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    There needs to be:
    Fairies
    Genies
    Playable PlantSims
    Sphinx
    Werewolves
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    GPH wrote: »
    (MISSING ITEMS)

This is not the thread for that. Please stop spamming.
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so want Fairies, Genies, Mummies & Werewolves.
    telmarina wrote: »
    I like both normal sims and occults. And also sci fi stuff. I agree with you, we need more occults. I wish that in the next gamepack we can get some weirdness, considering that the last two packs haven't added any...

I love this! They need to bring back all the occults!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I will feel much more satisfied once we have werewolves and drums.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I really enjoy the merfolk, and they work in Sulani. They swim as fast as jet skis with max fitness, they are great for diving for treasure, seashells, spearfishing, and taking underwater photos. The ability to change the weather and influence moodlets are nice too. The can cause rain, sunshine, and thunderstorms. Their siren song can cause the flirty, inspired, tense, and sad moodlets. They can summon an ocean threat and lure sims into the sea to try and drown them (they never drown though). They can summon an Azure Dolphin. They have the mermaid kiss that helps prevent other sims from drowning.

The biggest problem with them is the lack of an underwater lot to explore and the dried scales moodlet that glitches. I would love a level system that can unlock new abilities. Currently, Seasons has monsoons, blizzards, and heatwaves. It would be nice if merfolk could influence stronger weather, change the temperature, sing songs that cause more moodlets like anger, focused, and happy, or they could summon more things from the sea.

The different tiers could be:

Siren Charmer

This would be abilities centered around the siren lullaby's and other musical abilities. Maybe a sim will get a passive boost to music skills, especially singing. You could also make the siren song impossible to ignore (Believe it or not, the siren lullaby does not always work). With all the ways to avoid death, it would be interesting if your sim could sing a special song that can charm the reaper and prevent death.

Weather Master

It could involve summoning stronger weather and even granting immunity to weather that normally requires satisfaction points. With eco-living, making the weather windy or sunny could impact energy generation and your bills. Windy weather is also ideal conditions for building the fitness skill. Certain weather conditions are needed to complete certain tasks for aspirations. The length of time weather is present after changing it could be affected.

Ocean Manipulator

This could be focused on summoning ocean threats, befriending different sea creatures like dolphins, and it could even have an impact on the ability to catch fish. A passive boost could be not feeling sad about catching fish. After all, bigger fish always eat smaller fish in the ocean.

Being good and evil also impacts what merfolk can do, so it would be nice if the abilities in the tier were influenced in a similar way. It could be like how your reputation impacts your celebrity perks.

Aside from that, I haven't had enough time to play with other occults, but I think it would be nice to include more occults and make some edits to existing occults.

Merfolk are an occult people will never see in their game if they don't awaken the household to them. I think many occults behave in a similar way. Normal sims can live their realistic lives without encounters with many occult sims thanks to how they hide themselves from those who don't go looking for them. I do like the idea of magic hiding in plain sight.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Before people start asking for more occult’s can we please update the current ones we do have? Aliens & especially mermaids for one. When you compare the other life states they have a whole world & power tree dedicated to them. (Aliens did get a world but there’s hardly much you can do in it ). Like why would EA create a power tree system to vampires & witches but not add it for mermaids ? It would be cool if we could choose to be a sea witch or some good mermaid.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Not to mention we didn’t even get mermaid hair styles or clothing types /furniture . But after that I would like more occult’s .