Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talk about Alien abductions

When my Sim Amelie was abducted the other day, I was a bit sad/bored (even though it still looks cool).

OiCUs1W.jpg

There are no consequences for female abductions after all. But then I thought, shouldn't Sims be able to talk about being abducted? I think it should be an added social after an abduction, even just as a temporary option. And depending on the traits of the Sim the story is shared with the "Tell about alien abduction" interaction could have positive or negative results. E.g. Sims with the Geek, Genius, Childish, Bookworm traits could react positively and Sims with traits like Snob, Self-Absorbed or Squeamish could react negatively. And if you accidently told an alien your Sim could be brainwashed or get an ominous warning as a reply. I think this would really improve alien abductions.
If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It would also be nice if the female sims could accidentally get pregnant from the
    Alien abduction.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It would also be nice if the female sims could accidentally get pregnant from the
    Alien abduction.

It honestly wouldn't be as funny as with the men and it would imply certain rather ugly circumstances on how she came by being pregnant.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited May 2020
    Alien abduction.

There's a reason why I chose to make my Super Sim female.

Yesterday (after adopting Mayor Whiskers) she got abducted and came back hours later still confident from her No Touching quirk.
    Post edited by kusurusu on
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I haven't had an abduction yet, at least not without cheats. I agree it would be nice if it had more consequences and sims could talk about it though. I have thought about my sim having a cute alien baby, but I'm not sure I want him to. I know it's meant to be silly, but I can't help overthinking it and wondering about consent and how it all works. I think I've seen too many scary alien films.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Alien abduction.

It honestly wouldn't be as funny as with the men and it would imply certain rather ugly circumstances on how she came by being pregnant.

I was trying to figure out how to say this very thing without getting in trouble. Yes, it could take on a every dark tone, unlike male sims because men irl can’t get pregnant at all as it is. But it seems they could come up with another humorous temporary consequence.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I also don't think female Sims should be able to get pregnant, because the absurdity of the male pregnancy at least leaves it up to the imagination of how this may have happened.
    I've had many abductions in my game, but it only resulted in a pregnancy once. I thought about sending the baby back, but decided against it and they ended up quite adorable together.
    9xk9dMN.jpg

An added social after the abduction could just be a fun addition to make it part of gameplay. As is, a Sim is only guaranteed to lose time and gain a moodlet.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I think that would be a great game addition!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Alien abduction.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It honestly wouldn't be as funny as with the men and it would imply certain rather ugly circumstances on how she came by being pregnant.

I actually think its much uglier when its men who get pregnant. Consider: A star-crossed whirlwind romance versus becoming a lab rat. Poor blokes.
  • Options
    _Gina wrote: »
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It honestly wouldn't be as funny as with the men and it would imply certain rather ugly circumstances on how she came by being pregnant.

I actually think its much uglier when its men who get pregnant. Consider: A star-crossed whirlwind romance versus becoming a lab rat. Poor blokes.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Romances don't begin with abductions, is what my Momma used to say.

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

We'll have to agree to disagree. Romances don't begin with abductions, is what my Momma used to say.

What about being abducted, only to end up at some crazy alien party and having a wild one-nighter with some extraterrestrial hottie? A one-nighter leading to a pregnancy is often used as the set-up for comedic stories.

Plus, being abducted and artificially inseminated is the same level of messed-up whether the person is male or female. The only reason why people have this double-standard of it being problematic for a woman to come back pregnant with an alien baby but it being funny for it to happen to a man is because biologically male humans can't get pregnant and our culture generally treats adult men's bodily autonomy being violated as a joke...Which, incidentally, is problematic in and of itself if you think about it.

Why is it funny for a man to have his body treated in a way that makes him feel uncomfortable and even violated? It's not really funny at all, not if it's not funny for a woman to go through that sort of thing. It's the same thing happening either way, but the man's experience is played for laughs while the woman's is treated as totally serious. You can't have it both ways. It's either comedic or tragic, pick one and apply to both sexes. (Can you tell how much I hate gender-based double-standards? I mean, really, they get on my last nerve...)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    > @redrogue60 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

What about being abducted, only to end up at some crazy alien party and having a wild one-nighter with some extraterrestrial hottie? A one-nighter leading to a pregnancy is often used as the set-up for comedic stories.

Plus, being abducted and artificially inseminated is the same level of messed-up whether the person is male or female. The only reason why people have this double-standard of it being problematic for a woman to come back pregnant with an alien baby but it being funny for it to happen to a man is because biologically male humans can't get pregnant and our culture generally treats adult men's bodily autonomy being violated as a joke...Which, incidentally, is problematic in and of itself if you think about it.

Why is it funny for a man to have his body treated in a way that makes him feel uncomfortable and even violated? It's not really funny at all, not if it's not funny for a woman to go through that sort of thing. It's the same thing happening either way, but the man's experience is played for laughs while the woman's is treated as totally serious. You can't have it both ways. It's either comedic or tragic, pick one and apply to both sexes. (Can you tell how much I hate gender-based double-standards? I mean, really, they get on my last nerve...)

I didn't say that male pregnancy was funny, not even once. My idea wasn't about pregnancy at all, if you had bothered to read my initial post. My reason for finding it less problematic, as I have also commented "... the absurdity of the male pregnancy at least leaves it up to the imagination of how this may have happened". And the reason should be obvious, but I guess I have to point it out: It is not that I take it more lightly when the male body is violated, but in IRL females are the only ones that actually have to deal with the consequence of pregnancy when there is a violation. So I still don't think that adding female pregnancy from alien abductions is a good idea, which is still my opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

we all try ...