Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Skeilah
    Skeilah wrote: »

@AdamsEve1231 Yeah, I was so chocked when he just walked out and I couldn't do anything but stare. He has a great home at the Ridleys! Hehe I don't know about toddler training in real life because I'm a little too young for that (ah well, I'm 23 so it's possible but I'm still studying so not the ideal timing hehehehe). I do agree with toddler training in game being rough, but I'm still doing it because of the Happy Toddler trait. All worth it!

I love the Happy Toddler trait too. I always do movement for the stairs and potty training first. I'm definitely old enough for kids but I don't have any. I did work on again and off again in child care for 8 years and I have a neice and nephew so toddlers. :sweat_smile:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Chapter 1.14 is out!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Welcome to the family, Ella! I hate the high chair too, I stopped using it because of the same struggle every time.
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited June 2020
    All caught up again! I'm really loving these chapters. Even the short 1.14 was a joy to read. It's really like I'm getting a glimpse into the lives of a family, and it's relaxing. I love it!
    Welcome Ella! Yayyyy, I want a big family for Liz so this is wonderful for me, haha. I hope she does get an heir next, but I have to say that I'm loving seeing the family grow! Especially since Brent is such a good dad, it's so lovely to see him with Alison. I'm happy that Liz is advancing with her goals, it must be nice to have goals related to eating good food because that sounds ideal to me :tongue: I love all the little details you're putting into this. Liz, Brent, Alison, and Ninja's lives aren't the most complicated, but that's what makes them interesting to me. I've been watching them grow and it's such a nice feeling to see the moments in their lives.

I think I've mentioned that I've never really done a challenge, and my story is mostly plot and character-driven, so I think it's just nice to see someone's life unfold, without the drama and complications of an underlying story. Even within the constraints of your challenge, you manage to make the characters come alive and that's awesome. The way you write the daily lives of your characters is so pleasant. Love, love this legacy! Can't wait for more♥
    @Duvelina I got rid of it but later I bought it again because idk :')
    @ajamkeevin thank you!
    When Ella came in I really was like 'This game.... xD' but yeah I choose for the gender rule so it's my own 'fault' xD Liz loves her goals, but it's not really good for the figure. Oh, just wait. Drama will unfold. But idk when because I'm way too far ahead to remember everything :D I'm so glad you like it!

Normally a new chapter would come today, but I had quite the busy day so the new chapter will come tomorrow instead. Sorry!
    @Skeilah looking forward to the new chapter!
    Ooooh, some drama is on the way? I can't wait! :wink:
    Chapter 1.15 is out!
    I'm glad Brent and Brant finally had that conversation. It was much needed. Although it did feel off to me, like Brant might still have some feelings for Brent. I guess it will always be awkward, somehow, considering the situation.

Three young kids is going to be hard for Liz and Brent. I hope they're up for it!
    @Duvelina
    Yeah, it was a little off, but at least they faced the talk, finally. Their relationship bar is still full in red so yeah, non-awkward conversations don't really exist at this point. I'm just glad they didn't went to fight or something :P That's why I guess their feelings weren't really 'gone' when I wrote this. I wish Brant the very best.

Also, yeah :D I know I can do this because of my previous 100 Baby Challenge but I hope they're also up for it later on :D They were actually mad at me
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Skeilah
    I hope you get a boy this time :blush: Or maybe you already did. OMG WAIT did you just spoil it for us in your BANNER!? :lol: AAAAH! Nooo! There's too many spoilers to go around. Ah well I'm glad you got a boy! This banner is mean! xD And that greenhouse is so cute! can't wait to see how it'll look like at the end of your house expansion.
    @mercuryfoam
    hahahahaah, that banner has been there from the beginning and you're only noticing the boy now???? :D Eventually I got a boy yeah, but I like to watch you all in pain, waiting for the boy to come :D And what his name will be! And when the family will finally stop having babies :')
    @Skeilah
    I remember someone else pointed out that your banner had spoilers so I made a point not to look at it. But I forgot and took a glance since your post is conveniently at my eye level. :lol: I hope you're not planning to update your banner anytime soon :joy:
    @mercuryfoam
    nah from now on I’m following the actual story so it will be like this for a long time :) I just thought that Liz stood there so lonely xD
    Chapter 1.16 is out!
    Brent being everywhere except for with his kids is giving me life.
    Chapters 1.15 and 1.16
    I loved the chat between Brent and Brant! It's a lovely way to mend their relationship and fully move on. Brant is a really good guy, I'm glad the two could get some closure. Ella is so cute! I can't imagine what the house is going to be like with three young children, poor Brent is going to have so much on his plate (but hopefully not more spoiled food :wink: ). Hopefully Liz can make up for the small performance loss and get that new promotion soon!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    BREEEEEEEEENT. TAKE. CARE. O'. YO. KIDS. MATE! :D
    Seriously, though. This chapter was hilarious. I love how chaotic their household is, but despite everything and Brent forgetting to be a dad, stuff is still getting done!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Today you'll get Chapter 1.17 because I'm 1 Chapter behind. Tomorrow you'll get Chapter 1.18 as planned. Enjoy! Also, I really like how everyone is reacting on Brent. It makes me happy :D

Chapter 1.17 is out!
    Liz is hilarious. The pictures where she's poking a woman and then wants to borrow the wrestler's outfit. 😂
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 1.17
    I’m actually with Brent on this one. If you want a piece of cake at 6 AM, you get a piece of cake at 6 AM. You do you, boo! Darn it, now I’m hungry for apple pie. What's your favourite pie/cake? :smiley:
    I’ve never had a kid myself, but I’m pretty sure that bladder becomes a real issue the further into a pregnancy you get, yeah. Something about the baby moving down to prepare and adding pressure to your bladder. TS4 is actually being pretty realistic in that regard!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @Skeilah
    Now we know something more about Liz. She's got extremely odd taste in clothes! We're lucky we have you to police her clothes. Don't ever let her choose her own wardrobe! Don't do it!
    :D
    Chapter 1.18 is out! Now I'm all up-to-date again with my scheme :P
    Yay, a boy! No more baby headache Poor Ella though, maybe she's scared she won't get enough attention anymore?
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I had a thought...

You know with the family activity calendar you can set a chore hour for all eligible households members (I think child and up). It may be teen. It might help kick Brent's butt into gear so he helps out more and might be useful when kids are older.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2020
    Chapter 1.19 is out!

----
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Yay, a boy! No more baby headache Poor Ella though, maybe she's scared she won't get enough attention anymore?
    Hehe, maybe. Maybe not ;)
    I had a thought...

You know with the family activity calendar you can set a chore hour for all eligible households members (I think child and up). It may be teen. It might help kick Brent's butt into gear so he helps out more and might be useful when kids are older.

Oh, I didn't know about this. I'll try this out once I open my game again, thanks!