Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think Liz was really polite about mentioning the food poisoning. I think a lot of people wouldn't have been.

Her arms surprise me every time. 😂
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Chapter 1.30 is out!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Dulce seems nice enough to me. I hope Ella comes around since Oliver is doomed to marry her.

Awww, Ninja, stop running away and making everyone sad!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 1.30
    What is it with Ella instantly hating everyone she meets? :D And she's such a cute kid, too. No need to feel jealous honey! They're not going to replace you!

I always find it weird how visitors just… hang around on their own even after their host has gone to sleep. You’d think that at some point they’d get the hint, but noooo. You have to either explicitly tell them to leave, or wait them out. I think the longest I’ve ever had a visitor is 3 days in a row. He just WOULD NOT LEAVE. Though I’m pretty sure he was glitched, too.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    Also for me it’s a question why Ella is like this, but that just her in the game, hating EVERYBODY XD
    edited August 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Dulce seems nice enough to me. I hope Ella comes around since Oliver is doomed to marry her.

Awww, Ninja, stop running away and making everyone sad!

I like how you call it doomed hahahahaahha
    Chapter 1.31 is out!
    edited August 2020
    Your comments are closed, by the way.

Wow, Liz had enough money for a restaurant and its furniture already?! Doing good for herself!
    Post edited by Duvelina on
    Weird, they are on for me...
    Oh, they're on now. They weren't when I read it.
    I have a weird blog :D
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited August 2020
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Weird, they are on for me...
    I've also been wondering if you can see comments on your block? :)
    It was very unfortunate with a GeekCon at the time :/
    Congratulations that Liz has now learned all the recipes :smiley:
    It's going to be exciting to follow her restaurant ... it's not something I have experience with.
    @Duvelina Yeah! She earns really well and Brent too. At the same time their bills are super low, so I had A LOT of money at one point. Now they're poor again tho xD But at least they have a restaurant ready.

@MonaSolstraale I can see the comments but I always read them in one bunch because I'm lazy. :)

Chapter 1.32 is out!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I'm bummed. I wrote a long comment this morning and must not have hit post. :s

Okay, 1.28
    I notice that Sims often like to prepare food right next to the refrigerator. I always try and leave the counter space next to the fridge empty to avoid clipping.

Oliver was so cute, even when he photo bombed your shot.

Aww Ella and the monster. Glad Liz took care of it.

That one kid was kinda rude. Are kids actually concerned with wood versus modern decor?

I am enjoying the upgrades and updates to this house. It's looking nice. I actually like small rooms too. Less decor and furniture needed. :lol:

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    I always think it's funny when they spin the bowl on its side while cooking. In reality, it all come spilling out.

That's nice the restaurant compensated her for food poisoning. Honeyed World Fruit Charcuterie is one of my favorite dishes.

Darryl asking a complete stranger for food? Haha. Um... nope!

That was nice of Antonio to invite Allyson to a show.

Dulce is a cutie. Love those hairbuns on children. Oliver's first friend, hmm? Future love interest for our heir? :wink: How did you get the stats numbers? I had a mod to help with that but it broke.

Btw, I like the nice woody tones you're going with, and the neutral colors. It looks warm and cozy. I want to curl up by that fireplace.

Not sure my comments are coming through on the blog so I copied it here.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Aww, no, it happened. Goodbye little Ninja. Hope you're in a good place. 💞
    I had a lot of troubles with my blog reaction system lately so I changed it into the Facebook Reaction system. If you don't want to use your real name, just make a Sim-Facebook page like I did, you can comment with that page instead of your own name. I hope this takes the reaction struggles away.

Okay, 1.28
    I notice that Sims often like to prepare food right next to the refrigerator. I always try and leave the counter space next to the fridge empty to avoid clipping.

That one kid was kinda rude. Are kids actually concerned with wood versus modern decor?

I am enjoying the upgrades and updates to this house. It's looking nice. I actually like small rooms too. Less decor and furniture needed. :lol:
    I was not trying to make Antonio sound rude. It was just an inside joke of mine because when Alison visited Antonio I was like 'whoaaaaa this decor is so modern, I really couldn't live here because I'm afraid to touch things".
    I always think it's funny when they spin the bowl on its side while cooking. In reality, it all come spilling out.

That's nice the restaurant compensated her for food poisoning. Honeyed World Fruit Charcuterie is one of my favorite dishes.

Dulce is a cutie. Love those hairbuns on children. Oliver's first friend, hmm? Future love interest for our heir? :wink: How did you get the stats numbers? I had a mod to help with that but it broke.

Btw, I like the nice woody tones you're going with, and the neutral colors. It looks warm and cozy. I want to curl up by that fireplace.

Is Honeyed World Fruit Charcuterie a real recipe????

I also use a mod for that. The link is in chapter 1.28 (that's where I first used it.You can click on the blue text and then you're directed to the mod).

Okay, 1.28

I was not trying to make Antonio sound rude. It was just an inside joke of mine because when Alison visited Antonio I was like 'whoaaaaa this decor is so modern, I really couldn't live here because I'm afraid to touch things".

Is Honeyed World Fruit Charcuterie a real recipe????

I also use a mod for that. The link is in chapter 1.28 (that's where I first used it.You can click on the blue text and then you're directed to the mod).

@Skeilah
    Oh did I miss Allyson's reaction? Was it in an earlier chapter and I'm just forgetting.

Honeyed World Fruit Charcuterie is similar to this gourmet cheese, fruit, and honeycomb tray at a restaurant near me. It's delicious. :smiley:

I'll check out the mod. Thanks.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    No Ninja ran away!! Alison was so quick to post an alert though. She's a responsible kid. I'm impressed.

I always feel sad when my Sims are sad. I feel like emotions in TS4 are so extreme, but short-lived. Like would you get over a death of a spouse in two days in reality? I think not. :sweat_smile: I have a love-hate relationship with the emotional system of TS4. And I wish we had an attraction system. Or a better one at least.

Eating away sadness though? All too real. Oof!

Dulce and Ella teasing each other with the names was funny. "Befriend" does seem like a big word for a kid though. I'm not sure I would've used that word in conversation when I was Dulce's age. Ella and Alison pre-judging Dulce though wasn't cool. I think Dulce is trying hard to be nice and the least they can do is give her a chance. Just because she comes from money doesn't mean she's super spoiled. Parents need to have a conversation with their children.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    I applaud Alison for thinking reasonably about the snowball fight but they are kids. It could be fun. :)

Geek Con. Ah yes! I like that festival, but it's a bummer it interrupted Liz's eating schedule.

Aww. I loved their date!

Red Room does make me think of something along the lines of a thriller. :)

Liz bought a restaurant?!? :open_mouth: I remember it being part of the requirements, but it surprised me because it was so sudden. She saved up enough money for a restaurant? Nothing wrong with buying it, btw. You mentioned it in chapter. I'm eager to see what happens with it.

Breathtaking snowy photo of the neighborhood. :heart:

Oliver swimming in the snow... er... correction... sitting in his swimwear by the pool in the snow and reading was hilarious! :lol: Please don't die Oliver!

Congrats Liz on unlocking all the recipes!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2020
    No.... Ninja! I was sad. It was sweet that Brent spent time with him. Some of the pictures didn't load, FYI.

Congrats Liz for maxing gourmet cooking!!

Nooooo! Ninja! So sad. RIP buddy! :cry:

Opps... didn't finish writing. Alison is an unusual looking teenager, but so pretty! Antonio aged up interestingly too.

Love the boots! *chants* Keep the boots! Keep the boots! Haha. I happen to love boots. I'm not biased at all. :wink:

Love that painting! What a beautiful way to remember Ninja.

The weird "date" requests in game are annoying. *sigh* I hear ya, Liz. DISAPPEAR!!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    OK, huuuuuge catch up post incoming! I've missed the Ridleys♥ Also since I can't comment on the blog I'll just put everything here :E
    Chapters 1.22 - 1.32
    1.22: "Why am I moving against my own will?" Kiiii Ella, just go with it :lol: Alison's play date with Antonio was kind of awkward but I'm already cheering for them to be best friends and then marry each other once they're adults! I chuckled quite a bit at Brent being an overprotective dad, d'awwww. And happy birthday, Liz, and congrats on the promotion!

1.23: I have to say, Oliver looked pretty adorable when he was yelling he needed to go potty. Such a cutie♥ I'm SCREAMING at Liz slipping in the mud, yikesssss. I laughed too hard at that and the picture of her just lying there like she was making a mud angel :lol: Poor Liz! She really didn't have a good birthday, did she? :( But hey, she's a resilient girl, that Liz. I felt Brent being awkward like, what to do when Liz was complaining, haha. And the girls doing homework together, that was adorable! Ella is so pretty. Happy birthday!

1.24: Brent looks sharp in his new cold weather outfit! And Liz, man... I wish I could have your goals, eating three Mexican dishes, yummmmm. Though, gee, I don't want your new workout regime :tongue: More birthdays! I love how Master and Pupper had their birthdays at the same time, so cute.

1.25: Congrats Liz on completing the first goal! That's awesome. I really liked Liz in this chapter. Sure, she was a bit tough when she was angry at the kids, but she's a good mom and it really shows in the last part when Ella feels timid around her and Liz clears the air. It's awesome to see that Liz is such a good mom. I'm also loving the Lighthouse story with Brent and Ninja!

1.26: Oliver's face when he says he's forgotten... I love him, slkjadlfaj such a cutie :love: I also love all the romancing couples all over the pictures, there's a lot of love in the air here~ Dine Out is a cool pack! I also use that restaurant in my game and I love all the experimental food. It's so pretty! Also, Liz looking all muscular is making me giggle. "Fat, you said? Oh honey, let me show you how wrong you are..." and BAM, she's a muscled marvel. :lol:

1.27: Awwww, I loved Oliver so much as a toddler that I'm sad to see him age up, but that's life, eh? He's a good looking kid! I like seeing how you modify the house as the family continues to live in there, it's cool to see how you change up the layout and add more rooms. And the lighthouse mystery was fun! I liked that. Interesting ending, for sure... ALSO, just a fun little tidbit, Todd from my story was auto-generated to be a waiter in that same restaurant, and then I liked him so much I made him a full character in my universe. It seems like that restaurant (Chez Llama, right?) has a thing for red-headed cuties ;)

1.28: That family picture at the beginning, aww. But also, AHHH hahaha at Liz looking so buff. I can't help but cackle. About the cabinets: I also had NO idea you could do that! That's awesome. The Ridley kitchen is looking sharp! Congrats Liz on completing the aspiration! That's one I wish I could complete myself, imagine cooking perfect quality food that never spoils... dream. Aaand, so, Ella's love story begins! Levi is a cutie, and I love that name! (I was actually going to name one of my own characters that in the future~)

1.29: :lol: at Darryl trying to get some of that pork adobo... same, Darryl, same. (Also, side note: this reminds me that I should NEVER read your story when I'm hungry, because all the food looks SO good. unghhh) Dulce is cute! Ahhh, the family is basically complete now with the future boyfriends and girlfriend now.

1.30: Oh no, Ninja running away again :( He really knows how to get us sad, doesn't he? Alison is a good kid, though, getting right on it and posting about him missing on the internet. But awww, it's a good thing he came back so soon! We can't have a full and happy family without our Ninja♥ The girls being shady toward Dulce, that wasn't cool. I hope they warm up to her because Dulce seems... sweet *badum-tssssss*. (Dulce means "sweet" in Spanish, ehehehe OK I'll see myself out.)

1.31: Brent, it's OK to like kids' programs! No shame in it :smirk: AHHHHH I see Mitchell!! You have a K&GI contestant in your presence!! He looks SO different in my game, I had forgotten how much I made him over when I included him in my story. It's cool to see his alternate-universe version here! Congrats Liz on the restaurant! That's a huge step, and it's looking so nice. I love the snow-covered neighborhood and the restaurant, it looks so cozy! And a big congrats on learning all the food stall recipes! One step closer to completing the goals!

1.32: NOOO I went right into the chapter not expecting it would get sad like that. I'm sad :cry: NINJA, I MISS YOU! You were the best doggo, I love you♥ (Not gonna lie, my eyes got a bit misty reading that part. It's crazy how attached we can get to characters like this. Good job at making us fall in love with your characters :blush: .) The painting with Ninja in it is beautiful and I love it. Happy Birthday Alison and Antonio! Hopefully they'll grow into their looks because they're not the most beautiful of Sims right now, but I think that's true of most teenage Sims, and also they look much better in the screenshot where they're talking to each other. I think the CAS screenshots are unforgiving :tongue:

I loved catching up! Keep up the great work, I love the Ridleys♥
    @AdamsEve1231
    I know that I once calculated it, but I can't find it anymore xD 1 simday is A LOT of real life months. Sounds unreal, doesn't it? But if you know that a toddler is just a toddler for what... 6 days? In the normal gameplay, and in real life you are a toddler for... 3 years or so? 3 years = 1 095.7266 days. That's a difference there xDDD Meaning that 2 days of mourning is actually a lot for a sim.

Wealthy families know wealthy words xD I had a girl in my class when I was a kid that really spoke like that. All fancy. Dulce reminded me of her somehow because that kid in my class was also blonde. And yes, I agree that pre-judging isn't right, but it's happening and it's happening a lot (and even a lot more behind parent's backs). I just can't leave that part out, but as the story goes on, things will go smoother. Dulce is indeed trying very hard to fit in.

Maybe Alison is one of the few kids that don't like snow :pensive:
    edited August 2020
    @AdamsEve1231
    I know that I once calculated it, but I can't find it anymore xD 1 simday is A LOT of real life months. Sounds unreal, doesn't it? But if you know that a toddler is just a toddler for what... 6 days? In the normal gameplay, and in real life you are a toddler for... 3 years or so? 3 years = 1 095.7266 days. That's a difference there xDDD Meaning that 2 days of mourning is actually a lot for a sim.

Wealthy families know wealthy words xD I had a girl in my class when I was a kid that really spoke like that. All fancy. Dulce reminded me of her somehow because that kid in my class was also blonde. And yes, I agree that pre-judging isn't right, but it's happening and it's happening a lot (and even a lot more behind parent's backs). I just can't leave that part out, but as the story goes on, things will go smoother. Dulce is indeed trying very hard to fit in.

Maybe Alison is one of the few kids that don't like snow :pensive:

@Skeilah
    Hey, there's absolutely nothing wrong with including the negative personality traits of the kids'. I think it makes them all the more realistic. I'm reading from an adult perspective, of course, but I do understand kids being kids. And needing to learn positive behavioral responses to people. No need to apologize or leave it out.

Also funny about the words. I just never heard a kid say that before. Haha.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest