March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Brent was lucky he managed to clean up the bathroom in time! Sounds like Liz would have had an outburst if it hadn't been clean. It's almost as if she has a fourth child in Brent. 😂

Allison grew up super pretty. Can't wait to see what she looks like as a teen because their faces still change so dramatically.
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2020
    Chapters 1.17-1.19
    Yay, welcome Oliver! Finally, a male heir! A family of five sounds great, hopefully then can focus on being happy together (and I hope that Ella can grow to love her new brother :( ). I find it hilarious that Liz went into labor but just had to finish her food before going to the hospital. Get your priorities right, girl!

I love how Brent is basically superdad right now. Liz has all these things to do and Brent is just like "no problem", raising all three kids. I mean, he grumbles about it, but he's really quite a good dad! We love to see it.

All the delicious food that Liz ate in these chapters... yummm. I shouldn't have read these while I was hungry!

Also, happy birthday Alison! She's such a cute kid! And seeing all the pictures of the family together, they're so lovely. Great work with these chapters, @Skeilah :blush:
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Duvelina
    Yeah that was such a good timing xD I had some scenario's in mind for when he was still cleaning while Liz went in but (fortunately for Brent) that wasn't needed. Yeah, I'm aware of the dramatical changes :P

@ajamkeevin
    I think we're all the most curious if Brent will finally stop grumbling at some point xD You'll see A LOT more delicious food this generation. I recommend to NEVER read this while hungry because it'll only get worse. (read: chapter 1.26, where I finally bought Dine Out and tried it out for the first time :P). Thank you for your compliments!

I'm going to fix Chapter 1.20 right now. See you soon again!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    You know, I think Brent is my favourite sim in your household, just because of the grumbling and comments. xD And I swear he's heard us talk about how bad of a father he was being - so now he's stepped up to be superdad. You go, buddy! You have a fan in me.
    So many delicious food in Liz's daily life. Ngggghhhh. Must. Not. Raid. Fridge. At work.....
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    It's nice to hear that Brent's your favorite character! He's trying his best :P And yeah, that Siopao did make me want to jump through my computer in the hope I would be in the game myself to try it. Fun fact: my SimSelf is actually present in the safe (I always put my SimSelf in my safes, it became a thing), but nobody bumped into her yet :P

---

Also... Here's Chapter 1.20!
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Oh Liz, don't eat food off the table especially in this day and age. *shakes head* It's funny when plates glitch and you don't see them. Nice to see Allison age up. She's really pretty. And don't listen to the Watcher, Allison. Your eyes are pretty! :lol:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2020
    Nice shoutout to @ajamkeevin! :)
    I can't remember if you told us. Did you build the house? Or did you use a premade? Those kids rooms are tiny. Is it because you want the kids to each have their own rooms? Are you opposed to knocking down a wall and remodeling to give them more room even if they have to share?

I like Liz's sixth sense... a mother's intuition. :) Autonomous kiss was cute too!

Haha... that artist who uses dirty bathwater and curdled milk... I feel like she could just hang around the Ridley Residence and find her muse. :D

The heir is a beautiful child. I love Oliver's skin tone. Definitely Brent's genes there. Love the star themed room.

I did notice there was a missing picture after the star-themed room (or a pic that didn't load).

P.S. I'm pretty sure the high chair works when you don't set it at the dining table but off to the side.

Aww and Ella's a good kid. Cleaning her brother's mess.

I always think it's strange that toddlers go to day care but kids can stay home?!?

Okay, lots of stray thoughts here, but I'm enjoying your story.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited July 2020
    Threatening to ground a toddler?! Liz is starting early. 😂

I love Allison's mischievous side coming out.

I think the sadness about a parent leaving buff was because of Brent leaving for work. I don't think it matters whether Liz is still there.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Skeilah
    Ahh I had a blast reading 1.18 to 1.20 in a row. You made me crack up in all of them. And oh gosh 1.20 is the harsh realities of living with 3 toddlers! I'm cringing at all the messes there. I'm glad Brent and Liz are such good sport. They're such a lovely family. And I totally agree with you Kev and Gev will make a great tv show.
    Chapter 1.21 is out!
    Birthday palooza coming up! Exciting. I'm glad Ella gets along with Oliver now. No one wants tension in the household.

I can so relate to wanting my sims to get promotion but not getting it. Especially in rotation, it's really hard.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Woops, I'm behind! Time to fix that. :#

Wow, Alison, way to pick on your little sister! xD I thought Ella was the one who didn't like siblings, and Alison actually liked her brother and sister. That new childhood height is going to your head, girl!
    Oh dear gods, why are your kids always making such terrible messes? There's a new pile of paint, toothpaste or baking flour everywhere you turn! :D

Ah yes, the Tiny Toddler Terrors of waking up first thing in the morning. I usually end up locking them in their rooms and dragging food in manually so they have something to eat until the parents have full energy. :D Aww, Ella is warming up to her brother! I'm glad to see that. Unless it's all a clever scheme and she's gathering colour-duplicates to go harass her older sister. :D
    Your wall of MySims trohpies is pretty sad, yeah. XD Good to see they found a few more.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    1.20 and 1.21
    Things are seeming so hectic with the expanded family! Three kids, a doggie, lots of work, collecting trophies and recipes and everything, THREE birthdays coming up, YEESH. Lots of things to do! I hope that Liz and Brent get enough rest because they have a lot on their plate. Nice to see them taking a break from everything with some TV ;) Some must-watch TV if I do say so myself (thank you for the shout out!♥♥♥).

At what point do you think you'll start working to have the restaurant? (Actually, you've mentioned you're far ahead in the story, so you probably already did this :tongue: ). So I guess I shouldn't ask for spoilers! But I think it's going to be interesting to see Liz open a restaurant and have to juggle the kids and everything.

Haha Sims always keep ridiculous sleep cycles in all my games. I feel like managing needs in a timely manner is rough. Yay for sleeping at least till 6. Also I have the no one eats at the same time issue too.

You go right ahead Alison and do homework early. Sometimes I even did homework on *gasp* Friday night. :lol:

Alison seems like such a responsible child. Good for you girl!

Congrats on finding more MySims trophies. They are hard to find. I do think there's an option to get one in a Christmas present too but you may need to be a kid.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Duvelina
    I may or may not have forgotten about one of the adult-birthdays :# You'll see soon enough :# I'm also glad that Ella and Oliver are finally getting along! It's like the game hates me. It's really just ONE MILLIMETER! It could just give her the promotion, but nooooo. It made me mad xD

@_sims_Yimi Haha no problem at all!
    Alison normally should be the good kid indeed :') but I guess she still likes to tease her siblings a bit. She's the oldest one at least. Yeah, those kids sure are messy. Just perfect for this family.

Yeah I'm not going to lock them :') I would just forget them HAHAHAHAHAH. Oh no that would be terrible. The duo Ella and Oliver will even become more hilarious later on :) I love those two (I also love Alison btw :P). The MySims trophy wall will eventually get more trophies but there are so much more things to do ;----;

@ajamkeevin
    Yep, most hectic family I played with, EVER. But I kind of like it :P I'm glad they got some me-time that day. They really needed it, haha! Everytime they watch tv I think of your series hahahahahahaha.

I bought Dine Out in chapter 1.26 but Liz her restaurant will only make it's first appearance in chapter 1.31 :) At that moment she only bought an empty lot and I made a little restaurant for her, but the restaurant will only open for the first time in chapter 1.44, so that's quite far away. I decided to focus on other things before opening the restaurant. By that time everyone is a teenager and I think Alison even left home that day. But that's for later! :P

@AdamsEve1231
    I always sleep until 9 - 10 am or something in weekends but for some reason, nobody does that in the Sims xD I'm always like 'sleeeeeeeeepppp!!!'

I was always the 'I do everyting last minute'-person, but Alison is the best behaving child of the three so yeah, she's doing a great job there.

Thanks! It'll take a long time to find them all with all those other quests I need to complete, but the Ridley's are trying their best and I have time until the end of Generation 20, so we'll be fine :D

---

Okay, and now I'm going to write Chapter 1.22! I'm going to introduce you all to a new character today!
    Andddd, here it is: Chapter 1.22!
    @Skeilah your comments are closed on your post. Is that intentional? I'll just post everything here. And man that was sooo good.
    Ella: "Why am I moving against my own will?"
    This made me laugh too much. :joy:
    Your tradition is so cute. I really like it! And then I liked it even more that Antonio is the descendant for Victor and Lily Feng! I thought the sims represented them very well, their values and traits and even their apartment (and how clean it is) is so true to the couple.
    Brent and Alison’s exchange lmao! I can't wait for Alison to be older and when there's no such thing as running from 'The Talk'.

And yay! Liz finally got that promotion she missed by a hairline, though she missed her birthday entirely. :sweat_smile: Can't win 'em all.
    Alison has met her husband. Never thought I'd say that so soon. 😂 I wonder what they'll look like when they grow up. I'm assuming you're going to move the spares out and let MCCC run with them?

Aww, Liz and her forgotten birthday. I guess that can happen when you have such a busy life.
    @mercuryfoam nope, I don't know why that happened. I just opened them again. Thanks for the notice!
    I didn't had in mind to use that sentence in the first place, but suddenly it popped in my mind xD Glad you liked it! The thing is, almost always kids in my story bump into someone and if it doesn't happen, I'll let them bump into someone who's close by o:) I like the thing of 'childhood friends turning into a romantic partner' hehe.

I also liked it when Antonio turned out to be the oldest child of Victor and Lily! Finally, some premades I know! xD So stupid from me to totally forget the birthday. I don't know where I was with my mind, hahaha!

@Duvelina
    I already know what they look like *smirk* okay sorry, I couldn't resist xD Yep, Alison and Ella will move out to the household of their husbands after turning young adults, and MCCC will decide what happens next for them.

I think Liz is old enough now to think 'I don't want to celebrate my birthday anymore xD Nah okay, I just completely forgot it. Those things happen.
    @Skeilah
    Loved this chapter.
    Alison: "Dad, it was just a playdate."
    Brent: "DID YOU JUST SAY DATE?!"

Best lines ever! Haha.

Your tradition of first friend as boy/girl friend is cute. I always try the "make friends" option on the first or second day of school and make a club with friends. Usually the romantic interest ends up being in that club but I let it progress naturally if I can. Still first friend usually ends up being at least best friend and often love interest in my games.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Thanks! I never really tried the 'make friends' option at school but I guess I can try that later on. When the kids don't find friends themselves, I find friends for them xD But it's actually better to really make them try.

I'm glad everyone likes the tradition :)

Chapter 1.23 is out!
    Chapter 1.23
    Poor Brent. No one listens to him. 😂 I don't know what's up with the random hair colours sometimes. It doesn't seem to make sense, so whenever it doesn't I change it to one of the parents' colours. Ella's hairstyle is really cute though!
    Chapter 1.23
    0-1. Honestly I'm not holding my breath for when Brent catches up to the toddlers. They got him wrapped around their pinky.
    Poor Liz. That missed birthday moment is sad and she has to go back to being a mom. Let's put more pressure on Brent. BRENT why didn't you celebrate your wife's birthday!? You deserve that 0-1 score. :tongue:
    @Duvelina
    I actually liked Ella's hair color a lot so I just left it that way :P I'm also not the one to go and change hair colors. Have it your way, Sims!

@mercuryfoam
    You're not holding your breath? I don't really get that sentence sorry. I really felt sorry for Liz. So much bad luck in one day... I just wanted to celebrate her birthday after work but nooooo she aged right after coming back xD I agree, let's put more pressure on Brent. He even deserved 0-1000000.
    Chapter 1.24 is out!