Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »
    @LegacySims2017 They sure are!!
    I know, right?! It's just perfect.

I was laughing as well at the fishing in the thunderstorm. You mainly cracked me up with "...Still risky and absolutely stupid, but good for the views." Because it's true.

2.35 and 2.36
    Poor drowning guy. Very disturbing I was laughing at that, tho. Where was the lifeguard? lol :grimace:
    Oliver has a great singing voice.
    Oh my. If David had taped them both in the bathroom like that...that would have turned heads for his viewers for sure.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I do play it yes, I'm playing on long life span and I started Gino as a toddler, so I'm actually still in first gen, he's a teenager right now. I play a million games at once so I'm taking my sweet time with progression. hahaha
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Gotta do what has to be done to become a celebrity, right? xD

There was no lifeguard, as far as I could see; Maybe the drowning man was the lifeguard :o
    HAHAHA I see Oliver doing that, actually. Accidentally filming himself AND Lewis while showering/bathing. Poor Lewis.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Oops, pressed 'post comment' too fast.

@Shadami Nothing wrong with taking your time! I just can't play with the long life span. It's just... Too long. I always get impatient xD
    If even playing casually I max out skills xD I tend to age them up regardless. Haha
    Finished up to 1.6:
    oh my goodness. Lovely founder, but right away I thought, oh noooo! Brent and Brant are an adorable couple. Nooooooooooooo!
    But the first time I ran into them I realized they had similar names and could not get their names correct in my head. I always ask if sims are single if I'm going to flirt with them now. Don't remember what was the first instance that made me do that, or if I just happened to see that option before I got my sims in trouble.
    As for the wedding, she really charges into things doesn't she. These first 6 chapters were an absolute whirl wind of getting things done. Chop chop *insert stupid giggle at dumb cooking joke*

Random side note that has nothing to do with the story.
    Has anyone seen the deep discussion friendly chat option lately. It's been driving me nuts that it doesn't seem to be showing up anymore.
    Shadami wrote: »

Random side note that has nothing to do with the story.
    Has anyone seen the deep discussion friendly chat option lately. It's been driving me nuts that it doesn't seem to be showing up anymore.

The Deep Conversation? I get that still.
    deep_conversation.jpg?w=675
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2021
    Am I missing some friendship point or something than? :( It's so frustrating that it's not showing up. I'm glad that it's not something that got randomly deleted during updates and patches though.

Edit: turns out because I do not own snowy escape, deep conversation currently doesn't exist because their is a coding string error that is caused by not having the pack. Known bug, being fixed hopefully.

Thoughts up to 1.10
    I'm just cruising along reading really, but had one comment, no idea if you ended up figuring this out. BUT if you have hungry sims and stop them from eating the last bite of recipe learning foods, the last bite is the one that allows a sim to learn the recipe.
    @Shadami
    That was by far the worst mistake I’ve ever made in-game. They indeed are such a cute couple, but honestly I just didn’t check, and when I did it was wayyyyy too late😂😂 But then, I would have done the same thing over again if I had the chance to restart. Brent is such a nice addition to the family <3 I did learn from it😂 first check, then flirt.

I still have the Deep Conversation option too. Don’t know where it went to in your game. Maybe on a walk😂 I hope it gets back soon.
    Nah, I didn’t really figure that out, but that’s okay. ^^ It feels like those recipes took me ages to finish.

Thank you for reading! I hope you like it.
    I still remember @AdamsEve1231 leading me to the Ridley family because...
    ...of shirtless Brent all the time in your story. My simselfie was the same way in my Simself Legacy. That's why you really went after him. He may have had the love for art and animals, but you had the hots for his body... :grimace: That's not a bad thing, tho.

And look at Brant. He turned out with a nice family of his own autonomously.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Snowy escape bugged out having a deep conversation. You must have deep snow in the mountains to have a deep conversation now xD not really, but that's the excuse I'm making up because it's a bug tied to the pack that is messing with base game coding if you don't own the pack.

I'm enjoying it so far yeah. Just finished 1.13
    pets running away is the worst!!! I swear they can be super happy and they just take off. In my spirit animal legacy I'm doing, my cat runs away and always comes back pregnant or with a kitten.
    edited January 2021
    @LegacySims2017 Ahh you got me😂 I really love MCCC for keeping the world going. People move out of their houses to live somewhere else, they get married, kids, animals,... It’s so nice to see. I struggled a lot with it but I’m finally at the point where MCCC is doing a good job.

@Shadami Ohhh, I do have the pack so maybe that’s why everything is still normal for me?
    I’m so glad Ninja is male😂😂 I can’t handle baby dogs man, too difficult.
    edited January 2021
    Just been doing some research to find out what's going on. Snowy escape is also why my get to know isn't working xD so I'm going to have to start cheating to learn traits of sims in order to use pinstars genetics traits randomizer. Phooey.

I shall read more tomorrow though, already 3 am.
    no. More puppies!!!! XD jkjk

After 1.15
    I'm so glad brent and Brant made up. Brant is such a sweetheart. My sims are almost always friends with him. <3
    Post edited by Shadami on
    @Shadami Oh, I had troubles with my 'Get to know'-interaction too a while ago. But I don't know if it still doesn't work. Didn't watch it xD I always cheat to know Sims traits, ahahhahahaah.

Can you believe I never played with puppies in my game? :oooo Maybe Generation 5 - Animal generation.
    Yeah, I also like Brant a lot! I'm happy they made up too, so that they both can go on with their lives.
    After 1.17
    yes, you pee a lot when pregnant. XD you also have to drink an insane amount of water. I know cause I've been pregnant three times xD

I dove into cats and dogs when I got it with a 101 dalmatians puppy challenge xD
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    :# Okay, still ages behind, but I read a little.

Aww... Lewis is such a cutie! And Duchess is adorable!! Oliver's idea of rest is a keg party? :D Does his aspiration require frequent keg parties? Lol.

Everything is stinky in this chapter. Yes, Oliver. It's time to clean up the house. Cool that your Simself jogged through the chapter. And yes, Oliver... you should do the cooking thing. Haha. Seriously. What did he ever do to deserve Dulce? Her back hurts and she's super tired, hungry, and preggo!!! That woman is ever patient with him. And Liz, get outta the bathroom woman! You shouldn't be cleaning your son's tub. Haha. :D:# Rooftop campfire is awesome!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    :# Okay, still ages behind, but I read a little.

I got addicted to the Ridleys that I read all the new chapters that come out on Sundays. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Shadami
    Ah, thanks for that insight xDDD

101 dalmatians puppy challenge what o.O

@AdamsEve1231 hehe no problem! Just take your time. There are only 3 new chapters per week heehehehe.
    Still don't know how Duchess got into the house, but it was cute, haha! I had the same question about Oliver's way of 'rest', haha! I don't know what his aspiration milestone was at that specific moment. Although I know that wasn't it, it sounds plausible xD

This chapter sure was a mess in every possible way. Well, Oliver and Dulce are first friends? :D I don't think he really did something to deserve her. He just got lucky with her as the first friend.

Phahahaha! Liz cleaning the bath was hilarious, because I got no control over that. Liz will be Liz, heh.

@LegacySims2017 Ahhh that's sweet. The Ridleys would love to hear that.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2021
    Thoughts on 2.10
    Congrats on twins! Welcome Julian and Jess!

Glad the house didn't catch on fire.

Oh I never thought to put highchairs under a cabinet like that. Good thinking! Especially for tight spaces and tiny homes. I will remember this.

Oliver is resourceful - cooking in the park. There is a mod ... can't remember which one, that fixes the weird reactions to things like cooking in other people's homes like when they're family. However, I think the reward trait Always Welcome fixes this too. Oliver might want it if he plans to throw parties at other people's homes frequently, if he doesn't have it already. I'm not caught up so I don't know.

Thoughts on 2.11
    Working in pj's. Perks of working from home. Except I always get dressed... it drives me nuts to work in pj's. Not Oliver though... :tongue:

I always wondered about the disco nap. It looks just like a normal nap to me also. :lol:

Can't recall. Does Lewis have the independent trait?

That bathroom is ornate!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I basically took the 100 baby challenge, but I'm doing it as 101 puppies. Cause disney xD

After 1.24
    poor ninja is an elder now :o
    @AdamsEve1231
    I love twins so much in game! About the chair under the cabinet, I just found out by accident, but I really liked how it turned out... And how it worked!! ^^ I didn't really know about the Always Welcome reward trait, but well, I solved it this way. It's a good thing to remember it for later though.

I mostly stay in my PJ's when I work from home :D Sometimes I dress myself, but then it's still just comfy clothing. I never bothered dressing up too much. Guess I go after Oliver in that aspect. I don't know anymore which toddler trait Lewis had xD

@Shadami Sounds really cool though. Not going to try it myself. Way too busy with all my stories. Oooooof.
    Just you wait until chapter 1.32....

---

I almost forgot about it, but here they are! xD
    ---

I almost forgot about it, but here they are! xD

I was almost ready to post a reminder it's Sunday. :grimace:

Oh, three-in-one. "By our bodies combined, we become CAPTAIN RIDLEY!" :grimace:

Congrats to Oliver completing his Aspiration finally. And I'm LOLing at all those bowls on the kitchen floor. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see how that happened.

Are you going to play Jess going to the University if accepted? And I love the bowling in the game. Was a lot of fun watching Levi and Spica bowl. He kept getting gutter balls and she would get strikes all night.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @LegacySims2017 Thanks ^^ If I really forgot about it, I would've been happy with the reminder.
    I'm sooo happy the aspiration is finally completed. This aspiration took the longest time ever. It was so weird to see all those bowls on the floor, not knowing where they came from.

My rules say that the heir can't move somewhere else, so if she gets accepted, she'll study from home and go to university from home. She won't go live in Britechester, sadly. But that's okay! This was my first time bowling in game, and I absolutely loved it.
    @LegacySims2017 Thanks ^^ If I really forgot about it, I would've been happy with the reminder.
    I'm sooo happy the aspiration is finally completed. This aspiration took the longest time ever. It was so weird to see all those bowls on the floor, not knowing where they came from.

My rules say that the heir can't move somewhere else, so if she gets accepted, she'll study from home and go to university from home. She won't go live in Britechester, sadly. But that's okay! This was my first time bowling in game, and I absolutely loved it.

Aww...
    Too bad she can’t live on campus and enjoy all the college activities. I haven’t used the University exploring myself, so it’ll be fun when my heir is chosen and becomes a young adult.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Didn't forget the Sunday update! Just had a busy day and only time now to actually post the update ^^

@LegacySims2017
    It's indeed sad she can't live on campus, but on the other side, she's an introvert, so she doesn't really need all the attention :P