Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco living: 'Back to the Old Days' NAP missed opportunity for historical saves?

Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
I am really looking forward to playing with the neighbourhood action plans. As I like games where my sims live with little to no technology I was interested in the neighbourhood action plan called 'Back to the Old Days'.
Neighborhood action plan discription on sims wiki.
The same discription can also been seen in video's (video with 'Back to the old days description at 26:00 minutes)

The first half reads as a NAP against technology but then the second have is just outright anti woohoo. I wish these would have been seperate. I think the first half can be very usefull in a historical save (perhaps finally an ingame way to reduce the constant phone use) but I don't want my historical sims to be forbidden to have a love life. From what we know so far, we can have multiple action plans active at the same time. So it would have been perfectly possible to seperate the anti-technology part from the no-affection part.

Note: I know this may seem early to write as the game has not released yet but some gamechangers mentioned this pack is still an alpha version, not 100% final so I don't think it can hurt to give feedback already.

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I had the same will for this nap to be more into the non tech side. But i can understand that they're trying to achieve a more conservative perspective. Not just tech related but also related to sexual behaviour... anyway it feels incomplete...
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Hmm yeah I see what both of you mean. On top of that, it’s funny that drinking juice is seen as modern when it’s not, so I’m wondering what old days they’re referring to. 😅
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Hmm yeah I see what both of you mean. On top of that, it’s funny that drinking juice is seen as modern when it’s not, so I’m wondering what old days they’re referring to. 😅

Those old days when it fashionable to get drunk on church wine when the priest gives you wine and bread. :joy:
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It def sounds like the kind of NAP I'd implement in a few of my saves simply to cut down on the autonomous tech use. I still hope for a pack/patch/whatever that allows us to outright swap out the cell phone & computer for a classic landline and a typewriter. I'm just guessing but I hope the romantic part would be limited to not in public or only between married sims.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don’t think it forbids woohoo entirely, I think it likely means outside of a marriage your sim will have to work harder to build a relationship that is robust enough to have the woohoo option appear. I am also into trying historical play throughs and am hoping this N.A.P. Will be useful. I always end up giving up because it’s so hard to banish the phones and creat an immersive environment. It occurred to me yesterday however that I should try the style influencer career in my historical saves. I plan to make 2-4 influencers and cheat them up in the career and dress them in period costumes to see if many, most or all of the background sims will then also walk around in them.
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    It def sounds like the kind of NAP I'd implement in a few of my saves simply to cut down on the autonomous tech use. I still hope for a pack/patch/whatever that allows us to outright swap out the cell phone & computer for a classic landline and a typewriter. I'm just guessing but I hope the romantic part would be limited to not in public or only between married sims.

Adding a typewriter seems like it’d be perfect for the patch update before the pack’s release since there are updates to living off the grid.

I also want the landline back.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    This nap makes me remember the salem tv show, where the population was extremelly conservative and would kill those who were 'out of line'. It gives me ideas 😈
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    They really didn't say anything about a typewriter. I would be happy with a notebook really.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They really didn't say anything about a typewriter. I would be happy with a notebook really.

Me too.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I don’t think it forbids woohoo entirely, I think it likely means outside of a marriage your sim will have to work harder to build a relationship that is robust enough to have the woohoo option appear. I am also into trying historical play throughs and am hoping this N.A.P. Will be useful. I always end up giving up because it’s so hard to banish the phones and creat an immersive environment. It occurred to me yesterday however that I should try the style influencer career in my historical saves. I plan to make 2-4 influencers and cheat them up in the career and dress them in period costumes to see if many, most or all of the background sims will then also walk around in them.

No, I don't think it forbids woohoo, from my understanding there will be some kind of negative effect when your sims woohoo, like a fine (mentioned in the description) or negative buff.

Interesting idea about those style influencers.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Aw, they could have added so that they were not allowed to use their phones. I know a lot of people that wants their sims to not use their phones.

And I agree that the wohoo thing should have been separate, but it is pretty funny that you will get a fine for wohooing though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm loving this idea of NAP and the possibilities they bring! I can totally use this one!!
    I just read the description of it,so funny 😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    The technology part of this N.A.P is much needed in my game. Sims in this iteration are super obsessed with technology, similar to how often real people use technology (not everyone is obsessed with technology, but half the real-life population is). Books, chess tables, and other activities (painting, exercising, cooking, gardening, etc.) should increase the fun need as fast as a TV and a computer would do. Sometimes I have considered removing TVs and computers from my played households. If phones were to be optional like in Sims 2, that would be great. It doesn't make sense how even toddler sims have a phone stuck on them.

As for the woohoo part, most of my sims don't woohoo until marriage. Sometimes they do before marriage for storytelling purposes. I don't think they woohooed in public often, though.

I agree, painting should be fun. I remember it was in sims 2 and sometimes forgot it is not in sims 4.

As for the woohoo part, I thought it applied to all woohoo. If the NAP turns out to only have effect on public woohoo, it would be easier for my own gameplay.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I tell you what, with Willow Creek being that old/ historic southern looking world I'm definitely going to make sure this NAP is in place there lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

No, I don't think it forbids woohoo, from my understanding there will be some kind of negative effect when your sims woohoo, like a fine (mentioned in the description) or negative buff.

A fine...for woohoo? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh man! I cannot wait to get my hands on this pack!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

A fine...for woohoo? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh man! I cannot wait to get my hands on this pack!

I have to admit I cant wait to dig into this either lol so much fun in story telling with this NAP
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No sex please, we're British.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Neighborhood Action Plans are going to be so awesome and add the variety in game play AND consequences that this game needs! That is so hilarious that you can be fined for playing video games or woohooing in that plan!!! The developers were so creative with this pack and finally are showing they know how to cater to mischievous and goofy gameplay that we've been craving! I am so excited to play this pack and find out what the upcoming game pack is! :)
    I am also looking forward to the neighborhood action plans. Some of them are really interesting. The option to vote for them through the mailbox in all the other worlds is very useful.
  • writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    Actually, this is an amazing action plan. This would be perfect for historical saves. Not sure how this affects married couples, but probably the same as dating couples or just strangers. I'm kinda looking forward to see what the modding community does with this content. I know that this will probably be tweaked to some degree and then we can have the perfect historical save.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Me too, that's what I've been thinking. I so love making my historical worlds with off-the-grid. The water & wind chimes will so come in handy.

Now if we could just get rid of the Cellphone, it would be better.
    Has anyone with EL playing a historical save tried this NAP and if so how is it working out for your game?