June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!
June 26 - Take a look at the Friday Highlight and discover some awesim discussions! Click me!

Buried treasure?

AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 119 Member
I must have dug 100 holes and still cant find the buried treasure. Is that right I have to "dig for treasure" to fulfill the vacation memory? Any tips?

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 425 Member
    I think it depends. I sent a family on holiday to Twikkii Island. The mum managed to burst a water pipe, whilst her husband found two secret maps!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,998 Member
    They have to dig up a treasure chest to get that memory. It doesn't have to be on vacation, iirc.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 3,093 Member
    Well, it's a rare thing you can find when you dig for treasure, no matter whether your sim is on vacation or not. If you still haven't found a treasure chest, the luck simply isn't on your side today. Try again later.
    You can never discover The Sims games 100%. Even when you think you know everything, the game manages to surprise you.
    That's why I do experiments in the game from time to time and tutorial videos on YouTube.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,749 Member
    edited May 30
    You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,439 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You don't have to be on vacation to find the treasure chest. My Sims never go on vacation much in the hood I play, and they have found one on a community lot in the main hood and even on home lots. ETA: IIRC Jason McQuire (a Sim I created in my hood) dug one up at my graveyard one night..that was funny since I was pretending he was robbing graves. :D

Guess he found a rich Sim's grave XD

It is also completely random. Sometimes I got ages without a single chest. Then other times I seem to get one every dig.