Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Max number of running EPs?

It seems you shouldn't be running all packs at same time if you want less lag even if you have gaming PC..

so I was wondering what max number of EPs I can run before it start lagging?

Removing pets I guess is the first since it has the biggest impact but I was hoping generations won't count bcus its light and doesn't include a world..

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I have all expansions installed and have no problems with lag.

The cause of lag can be different things, like that either the processor or graphics card can't keep up. I got tons of lag after Late Night came out, and the reason was a bug that spawned new cars for sims in the world everytime they went somewhere and the car was kept in their inventories. I installed the NRaas mods Overwatch and Errortrap and that fixed it.

Pets is fun, and with the Register mod you can get rid of the stray animals.

Generations is light, yeah.

I don't think it matters if an EP comes with a world or not.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    With Patch 1.69, all players get the warning that they should only run a couple of EPs no matter what kind of system they have. That warning can be suppressed ("stop telling me this" or something like that). Those of us on 1.67 don't see this warning. Many of us can and do run all 11 EPs with no major performance issues, but that experience is going to be very system dependent and will also depend on players' game habits and play styles.

The heaviest EPs are Pets and Seasons, followed next by IP and ITF.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited May 2020
    igazor wrote: »
    With Patch 1.69, all players get the warning that they should only run a couple of EPs no matter what kind of system they have. That warning can be suppressed ("stop telling me this" or something like that). Those of us on 1.67 don't see this warning. Many of us can and do run all 11 EPs with no major performance issues, but that experience is going to be very system dependent and will also depend on players' game habits and play styles.

The heaviest EPs are Pets and Seasons, followed next by IP and ITF.

I do have Overwatch and ErrorTrap mods and I still get lag..I set Vysnc on also so I dont fry my card..i guess the only other solutions left are either remove pets and another few packs or install worlds fixes from modthesims..

which is btw a complicated process and I don't understand..lol
    But most importantly, did it work for anyone?
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @graventhe From my understanding, Pets and Seasons cause the most lag. (If you're not on a gaming desktop computer). <--- Hee hee, I see @Igazor already said that. :p Whoops!
    So I would suggest omitting those and you should be able to play the game pretty well with the other EP's without too much lag. Oh and don't forget to keep those necessary NRaas mods in. ;) Good luck!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2020
    I highly do not recommend that you do this... I just can't afford a gaming system at the moment. So I play Sims 3 and ALL packs (yes, all 11 EPs, I have yet to get all the Stuff Packs) on a Vivobook. Yes, I get lag, but I tolerate it for the sake of being able to play the game. I guess to other people I must have incredible amounts of patience when it comes to lag.

No...I'm not a
    zenmonkmeditation.png

Keep Overwatch and Errortrap in as well. They'll keep your game from crashing out to Error 12.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @graventhe From my understanding, Pets and Seasons cause the most lag. (If you're not on a gaming desktop computer). <--- Hee hee, I see @Igazor already said that. :p Whoops!
    So I would suggest omitting those and you should be able to play the game pretty well with the other EP's without too much lag. Oh and don't forget to keep those necessary NRaas mods in. ;) Good luck!

But I do have a gaming desktop PC..I can play without pets (I bet this EP is just too much on the engine) but I can't play without seasons 😓
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    edited June 2020
    I play with all of the EP's with no problem and no mods. I do have a pc with a good a graphics card so maybe that's why I can play without any problems.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    What world are you playing in?
    If you have a gaming PC and are limiting the frame rate, then the particular world would seem to be a likely cause.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    i run them all with minimum lag :open_mouth:

the main problem is the worlds. when my world gets too big that's when it starts to lag some several generations in.

i wish they'd remaster it in 64bit. the culprit is the 4gb max memory in 32bit :(
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @McTosh this is my dream too :(
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member

i don't even care for a remaster, infact i wouldn't trust the current EA team to remaster it (more like butcher it)

just re-release it exactly as it is without any changes whatsoever except in 64bit. i'm so sad i'd literally buy it xD
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    I play with all of the EP's with no problem and no mods. I do have a pc with a good a graphics card so maybe that's why I can play without any problems.

@dogdancer Apparently @graventhe has a good graphics card too, the GTX 1070 according to the first post in this thread.

wendyyi1 wrote: »
    What world are you playing in?
    If you have a gaming PC and are limiting the frame rate, then the particular world would seem to be a likely cause.

@wendyyi1 Yes, the OP seems to have a powerful gaming PC with these specs: GTX 1070, I7-8700k, 16 GB ram.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    i run them all with minimum lag :open_mouth:

the main problem is the worlds. when my world gets too big that's when it starts to lag some several generations in.

i wish they'd remaster it in 64bit. the culprit is the 4gb max memory in 32bit :(

Keep on wishing and dreaming, folks! :) You never know... maybe someday we'll get it... (or not...)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I use version 1.67 and disks to play my game. I have a good laptop which has plenty of welly but it is not a gaming machine. Once I understood about limiting the frame rate and adjusting some of the other settings it plays without lagging or rendering issues. It plays with all the EPs, SPs and most of the store.

I know it is getting increasingly difficult to get disks pre 2012 in Europe but if you want an alternative you could consider repurchasing the game on Steam and using version 1.67 to play. It is always worth looking out for Steam sales.

Perhaps not the answer you wanted but it is the best I have to offer. I agree it would be good if we had a proper 64 bit copy of the game to use but I understand from previous conversations that might create more problems than it solves.

Good Luck with finding a solution.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Honnestly I have all the 11 EPs installed and I also play in Isla Paradiso and no bugs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @graventhe I know how you feel about Seasons. It just does so much for the mood of the game. I've recently reinstalled it. I uninstalled Pets and I still don't miss it. That did put a stop some issues.

As others have said, lag usually has to do with the world you're playing in. Maybe I should put this in my sig or something because I recommend it all the time, would be the second time I talked about it today but Mesa Grande by aaronrogers8i3 runs buttery smooth with no lag on my computer. It rarely stutters even. It's base game but very easy to upgrade.
  • GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2020
    I currently have the base game, ambitions, world adventures, late night, generations, seasons (I plan to get the rest eventually) + a bunch of store content and i only ever really experience lag when the game first loads (5 seconds) or if i'm in the build/buy mode for a very long time (Which can easily be fixed by going into live mode for one second and then switching back)

My PC's and its graphics card are pretty tough, but i was able to run the game about the same even back when i had a much weaker computer. That was years ago.