Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you doing?

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Inebriated, but expansive. And totally sympathize with those who want to punch the snoot of ppl who pull their masks down under their noses (why even wear one, just own what you're doing and be bold about it!) because I want to shout "THANKS FOR CARING ABOUT OTHERS' SAFETY A HOLE!" but I clench my teeth and make a swift exit, realizing that winding up arrested for starting a fistfight would work against the goal of preventing myself from catching it.

Online social life is peculiar in that people feel insulated from consequences. So we tend to be less censored, which feels more earnest, yet there's more potential for indiscretions. Like being drunk at a party, then realizing there was a hidden mic on your lapel and everything you said was being broadcast in real-time, or taken out of context. ugh.

But we have to embrace online friendships as we can, because being limited to face-to-face increasingly means you better hope to have to good fortune of living where your tribe is, or be doomed to a life of misery, if you simply cannot fit in ever, with the local scene.

I have no idea what to expect or hope for in 2021, except to be looking forward to hitting the trails again when the ice/snow/slip-and-fall season ends, and to hope that it will become safe again to at least try to expand the irl social circle.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Just got back from visiting our friends in the Blue Mountains. We go every New Year, and were tossing up whether to go or not, last year the bush fires, this year covid, then thinking there'd only be the four of us - which was okay with the restrictions, we'd be not changing "zones" as the Blue Mountains comes under the greater Sydney zone - which I didn't know before, plus public transport would be probably be pretty quiet due to people being a bit cautious about travelling right now, chanced it.
    The bus to Central which is usually busy, was quiet. Every one doing the right thing, sitting on the green spot, masks on; the train to Lawson the quietest ever, and most people wearing a mask and sitting on the green spots. So masks on, hands sanitizer at the ready we went, and had THE best new year with them. Weather was misty and wet, but beautiful. Trip home was fast, due to lack of travelers. So all in all a good start to 2021!

Happy New Year to everyone.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    @February11 that sounds wonderful, I’m glad it went so smoothly! Happy new year 😊
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    That was the quietest New Years Eve in my life!

Looking forward to mam's fantastic roast dinner, playing more TS4 and watching the football later this evening.

Happy New Year and here's hoping covid-19 gets banished forever.
    @PriestessBizarre haha, that was due to being quick with the backspace key.

Today, I dismembered a turkey because it was still frozen inside (cooks faster in pieces) so that's in the oven, along with a chickpea flour/buckwheat flour shortcake/biscuit that will be the base of a dessert with strawberry-rhubarb topping I made yesterday, with whipped cream. Having a stiff one (the drink, to clarify) and wishing hubs and I could just move. I know this town like the game map of a side-scrolling platformer I grew up on, and the population of the entire state is less than that of the major city I came from, and he misses large cities also.

Yet we're talking about the dream of a little cabin or hunting shack in the woods, together. I think we both just yearn for a change of scene.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I hope so. Our trip back home to the UK last year was cancelled in June/July. We only get back every two years, so we have no idea when we can get back again to see our families. I'm thinking early 2022 now.
    A really dull day here for January, but nice to sit in and watch a film later on with a nice bottle of wine!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    i'm feeling absolutely awful, mentally. I don't know f this was triggered by new year or what (although I don't see why it would be). But since yesterday or the day before, I've crashed. Family related, largely. I hate them. I hate them so much. I honestly wish they would all move away to Siberia and never come back.

I'm so sorry to hear you say that. Stay strong, and hopefully things will sort themselves out for the best.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    i'm feeling absolutely awful, mentally. I don't know f this was triggered by new year or what (although I don't see why it would be). But since yesterday or the day before, I've crashed. Family related, largely. I hate them. I hate them so much. I honestly wish they would all move away to Siberia and never come back.

Sorry to hear that. It's horrible having family members that you don't get on with (or who just don't bother). I hope things work out for the best.
    @PriestessBizarre Hugs. Even though it's not exactly private here, you're among friends. It's okay to let it out.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Exactly why I started this thread. I was looking for a way to connect with others during this difficult time, so please share your thoughts and feelings because that's important. I am also going through issues with family. My brother is not handling this pandemic well at all, and it's been so hard watching him struggle.

We are a community here, so please feel free to share your thoughts with us. This thread is a safe space.
    I hope the wine went down well @PriestessBizarre Sometimes it just has to happen iFNF1wT.gif
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Yes, @February11, it actually allowed me to sleep.

That's good. I hope you have a better day today :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited January 2021
    I'm waiting to watch I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here! No jungle this year. Australian Bush due to Covid19. Should be interesting.
    I only know two of the so called celebrities mind you, but I like Dr. Chris and Julia Morris.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    ..Feeling very invisible and getting really tired of it. I'm not experiencing that here, just in general, especially with friends and family.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    I'm waiting to watch I'm a Celebrity Get me Out of Here! No jungle this year. Australian Bush due to Covid19. Should be interesting.
    I only know two of the so called celebrities mind you, but I like Dr. Chris and Julia Morris.

@February11 Here in the UK, it went ahead in November as usual but took place in a castle in Wales.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »

@February11 Here in the UK, it went ahead in November as usual but took place in a castle in Wales.

Anyone interesting in it?
    Ours was pre-recorded in November. Not sure I like the fact because it is pre-recorded the public can't vote or put up who's going to do the trials. That part is pretty messed up. They should have to draw straws or something so it's not the producers picking them.
    Although I only knew two of them, it's broadened my celebrity D list, and they all seem quite nice, and are getting along.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I just steam cleaned our sofa. Looking good!
    Usually I'm at work on a Saturday, but I'm still on Christmas holidays.
    MLgj4Vx.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top