Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has my Origin been hacked, or is this a common message?

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
Two days ago I was busy playing my Sims Medieval game when a pop up came up saying that only one computer can be online at a time. I immediately exited my game and then logged onto Origin and changed my passwords. Just now I loaded my Sims 4 and got the same message, but this time I can't even go online. I am not sure if this is a current issue or if my account has been hacked :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

edit to add: I was now able to go online, but not sure what to do next. Should I change my password again?

Comments

• NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    I’ve been getting this for a while too and saw another recent post to the same effect.
    I changed my password as well, to be safe but like you, the message is still appearing.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I tried to contact origin directly. I come as far as my pic below. The previous page says to select the contact method, but then on the next page there is no option ??? I seriously don't know what to do anymore. Thankfully I never save my payment details, but I am a little scared the person might mess with my gallery :(

faNCgal.png

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Thank you <3 I will give it a go and change everything again once I cleared the cache thingy first. I will also do that extra security option so I can only log on from my laptop otherwise I will get a notification. Gosh never had something like this happen, its not a nice feeling :(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I'm having THESE too!! Everytime I open origin "another computer is using this." WHAT!?
    edited May 2020
    I'm having THESE too!! Everytime I open origin "another computer is using this." WHAT!?

Yeah its pretty scary, I sure hope you have not saved your credit card details :o I have made yet another new password, but now I am getting some sort of Java script error when I try to activate the logging in security feature, Ugh, it never rains it just blimming pours :(
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

Yeah its pretty scary, I sure hope you have not saved your credit card details :o I have made yet another new password, but now I am getting some sort of Java script error when I try to activate the logging in security feature, Ugh, it never rains it just blimming pours :(

I just changed my password so...hopefully...
    Now it put me back online.

I just changed my password so...hopefully...
    Now it put me back online.

Oh my goodness I hope so for your sake :) I have finally managed to put the verification thingy on, so hopefully I will get a message if someone else tries to access the account again, I wrote down the password because I just used random letters capital and not and numbers, its just jibberish, if they figure that one out, kudos to them :D
    NRowe wrote: »
    I’ve been getting this for a while too and saw another recent post to the same effect.
    I changed my password as well, to be safe but like you, the message is still appearing.

Sorry, did not see your message when I refreshed, only saw it now. Gosh hopefully its just a system error and not a huge amount of hacking going on. I think its best that we changed our passwords ;)
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Sometimes it's your IP changing halfway through.
    sennawales wrote: »
    Sometimes it's your IP changing halfway through.

I did not even know that my IP address can change, that is so weird.
    It happened again :(

uT3xa2I.png
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've been getting that too, but I've been playing the sims on a laptop and a PC recently, so I assumed that was causing it, although they are never on at the same time, and I didn't get it before.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Try flushing your IP addresses on the pcs you have been using. Bring up CMD (command) run as administrator. type the following
    ipconfig/release (hit enter)
    ipconfig/renew (hit enter)

It should say it cleared it then type exit to close command prompt.

In case your Internet provider is not doing this automatically for your machines. No two machines should have the same IP addresses even if on the same home network etc.

ETA: Sometimes if your router loses power for a short time this can happen to all your pcs in the home (especially wifi). It may have nothing to do with Origin but the machines IP address, which is renewed automatically by the Internet provider. But just in case it wasn't you can use the command prompt to clear them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I get this every time Origin updates. I just change my password and check out my login locations. Nothing was suspicious but it's good to change my password once in awhile anyway.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've been getting that too, but I've been playing the sims on a laptop and a PC recently, so I assumed that was causing it, although they are never on at the same time, and I didn't get it before.

I got that a couple of times and find you have to sign off and quit Origin completely on one in order to play online on the other PC or laptop making sure that the one you are quitting from is online at the time. We've had a couple of small Origin updates in the past few weeks so they might have been having problems with it.

I never uninstall any packs now when I have problems. I always assume it's their fault and check if their server is down!

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've had that pop-up a couple of times, lately. It's very disturbing. My Origin isn't supposed to power up along with my computer, yet it has and the pop-up said what yours did. I'm thinking who in the world is in my computer and worse, still, playing MY game? I don't like the notion of anybody else messing with my Sims. LOL I'm altogether too possessive of them. ;) I've yet to power up my game today. Haven't done so since Friday, last, I think it was. I may have played ever so briefly on Saturday, but I was having lunch at my son's house, since we couldn't get together on Memorial Day, proper. Oi! It's likely I didn't play it on Saturday, as a result.

@Cinebar, I experienced a very brief power-outage either yesterday or Sunday. It was only a blink, really. Could that explain why I got that pop-up again today?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Hi all. Thanks for the comments. I am on my mobile now so cant reply to all. I only play on my laptop no other computers so thats why I had a scare when message popped up. After seeing your messages and googling it, it seems to be happening to lots of people. So I will just keep an eye on it. I did activate the log in verification though. So its a bit of peace of mind :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »

Thank you <3 I will give it a go and change everything again once I cleared the cache thingy first. I will also do that extra security option so I can only log on from my laptop otherwise I will get a notification. Gosh never had something like this happen, its not a nice feeling :(
    Your welcome. Yeah I have had my ID stolen before, it isn't a nice feeling and leads me to be a bit more cautious now. I hope that your week gets brighter and contact EA about it if you want too.

You can contact EA advisor about it too and steps to it are posted in #8:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-Access-Subscription/where-to-report-account-hack-attempt/td-p/6267740
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've had these messages pop up on and off regularly in the past but usually when I was already in the game. I just thought it was just ip related and ignored it. Only times it has been a bother is when I have had to use the Gallery (online) which means I have to turn off the game and Origin and turn it on again which usually resolved it. Until it of course popped up again. I haven't had this recently though. At least for a 2-3 months.

Edited to add; I only play on one computer and I have been behind my VPN regularly as well. But I have had this message both on a naked connection and behind my VPN.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Huh... I've been getting these for over a year now... Never really payed attention to them though.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Pretty sure it's just an Origin bug, this comes up pretty regularly when I have the sims and Origin open at the same time
    Yeah I am a bit over changing my password everytime LOL, so now I am just rolling with it, so far I had no messages that there is a log in from another device so its all good. If I keep on changing my password I will have a book by the end of the week, I also think it might be because I play Sims Medieval for a few hours and then Sims 4 for a few, perhaps its because of playing both games. I am sort of relieved to see others are getting the same message so is also thinking like @Onverser said that it might be a bug.