March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Firefighters, then where are BURGLARS?!

How has it been almost several years and yet we STILL HAVE NOT HAD BURGLARS?! As well as only now receiving firefighters when for years the ability was there already coded into our games so fires were able to be dealt with.

Like firefighting, we basically have all the code/actions for burglars and police, WE EVEN HAVE POLICE IN THE FORM OF AN ACTIVE CAREER!

So where are burglars? Where are NPC cops to come and whisk off the robbers who try to steal stuff our sims have worked hard for? (Or not but you know).

They're bringing back minor NPC's but fail to understand we NEED police, we NEED burglars, we need our games to have an element of danger, more than just that which comes with the fold-down bed with the possibility of killing our sims quicker and easier than the fire itself does!

No disrespect to the Guru's/Staff, I'm just tired of seeing half announcements, half updates, half packs, half of everything.

Have a nice day and keep simming

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited May 2020
    the repomen are the burglars. sorry couldn't resist. :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Well if you add burglars, you have to add police and that would be double the work. Plus they would have to add some kind of alarm and/or security system.

I hope they do come eventually though.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They probably have to figure out how it's going to work with Get To Work. I'm sure they'll come eventually.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I don't see why not. Outfits and animations for the police officers already exist, so that part's done. Burglars can use the prison jumpsuits they use in GTW; but to an extent, could use some animations that already exist.

But given we have firefighters, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sims team is working on it.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Agreed.
    the repomen are the burglars. sorry couldn't resist. :)

• BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    There's a possibility Robbers and Police may come back too there's some hints cockroaches are coming back because of Eco Lifestyle since they'll be adding bugs into that apparently, Cockroaches not absolutely necessary but that was funny i admit even after the sims got a cold i was chuckling and they cried and i couldn't help myself haha! :D the fact in Eco Lifestyle everyone can steal each others stuff especially Cleptomaniacs it makes sense to add Robbers back too.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »
    There's a possibility Robbers and Police may come back too there's some hints cockroaches are coming back because of Eco Lifestyle since they'll be adding bugs into that apparently, Cockroaches not absolutely necessary but that was funny i admit even after the sims got a cold i was chuckling and they cried and i couldn't help myself haha! :D the fact in Eco Lifestyle everyone can steal each others stuff especially Cleptomaniacs it makes sense to add Robbers back too.

Technically cockroaches were added in city living. With the needs TLC lot trait you can get rats, roaches and a series of other issues. I do hope they expand that and make it so roaches are released from that lot trait. I mean you can have rats without it I believe in Cats and Dogs they give you the option to out a mouse hole anywhere and it actually has mice spawn. So they should be able to do the same with roaches
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited May 2020
    BohoFlower wrote: »

Technically cockroaches were added in city living. With the needs TLC lot trait you can get rats, roaches and a series of other issues. I do hope they expand that and make it so roaches are released from that lot trait. I mean you can have rats without it I believe in Cats and Dogs they give you the option to out a mouse hole anywhere and it actually has mice spawn. So they should be able to do the same with roaches

Yeh it doesn't make sense to just be in City Living when there's a whole entire world in this game with garbage and greenery where rats and cockroaches could realistically be, in their attempt to Theme everything i think they have to pay more attention to those smaller those if it's just better in just the Base Game or just in a Pack. I guess maybe keep rats in Cats and Dogs cos Who will catch the rats if there's never an Exterminator?.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, repomen act like burgulars.
    It would be fun if the sims could fight the repomen.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The fact that they've added firefighters and repomen to the base game brings me hope that we'll be seeing burglars and cops as NPC's sometime soon. They just need to make an NPC that combines elements of a vampire break-in and a repoman event, program a working burglar alarm (likely borrowing elements from the fire alarm code and reworking it to respond to this new event), then borrow the firefighter alarm and phone call response code and modify it to respond to a burglar by fighting the crook, cuffing them, and carting them away. That could take a while, but maybe they're already on it. If they actually are working on it right now, it may be just 12-18 months away at minimum (being generous here, because of testing and bug squashing and the possibility of weird and unforseen interactions between different bits of code).
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    What confuses me is the fact we have a trait that enables stealing, we have vampires with the ability to break into our homes (Shoutout to my homie, Vlad), as mentioned above, we have fire alarms! We have phones, we have EVERYTHING (INCLUDING A CRIME CAREER) Burglars need to be added/created, it's not even as if there's an argument to have between effort/time/money/lack of ability, we have all the pieces but nobody wants to put the puzzle together! and it's so annoying because now we have Firefighters, police (Technically, if you have the active detective career) and the option to nick stuff, why aren't burglars here yet?

It isn't as if Guru's can defend it with the "Not wanting to upset simmers", because again, VLAD! Stealing, violence, death, poisoning (Technical murder), assault, really, I cannot see the issue with having another negative element to the sims 4, especially when I doubt they'd bring back the creepy music from older series or the stereotypical outfit of our beloved burglars.

It just feels a bit ridiculous, it's been several YEARS and still no burglars, nowhere near as many NPC's as we used to have in the sims 2/3, and as much as I understand they need to switch things up to keep the game series fresh, there's nothing fresh about giving us half plum content that has nothing to do with what we've actually asked for.

It shouldn't take YEARS to make something simmers can basically create themselves in-game, just because it doesn't suit their agenda/content plan.
  • GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    One twitter handle that I was reading said that one of the Neighborhood Action Plans, Sharing is Caring, will allow your neighbors to show up to your sims house uninvited, let themselves in, and take some of your Sim's stuff. If this is how it indeed works, I will take it [combined with the fact frost was talking about burglars on twitter] as a very cautiously optimistic sign that burglars will be coming back "soon™".
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Well if you add burglars, you have to add police and that would be double the work. Plus they would have to add some kind of alarm and/or security system.

I hope they do come eventually though.
    Programming nightmare, amirite?
    To have an inactive kleptomaniac Sim walk in to someone's house (reused vampire break-in) to perform existing interaction (Swipe an item), and police to perform fight interaction on them and walk with them off the lot if they win else run away.

I mean, there's barely anything tedious for developers to do to my understanding. Sure, might take time to design outfit for burglars and animate being handcuffed, but everything else can be reused (which would be reasonably understandable) if reinventing things is an issue.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2020
    One twitter handle that I was reading said that one of the Neighborhood Action Plans, Sharing is Caring, will allow your neighbors to show up to your sims house uninvited, let themselves in, and take some of your Sim's stuff. If this is how it indeed works, I will take it [combined with the fact frost was talking about burglars on twitter] as a very cautiously optimistic sign that burglars will be coming back "soon™".

here's the tweet I would love it if they came back and if we had npc police and if the burglars were also an active career and are sims could
    go to jail in a rabbit hole or gtw if you have it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Well i'm not going to be buying the packs but i really don't want the game to get TOO realistic i mean it's just a game... they aren't supposed to be too realistic and already there are many situations that happen in the game that doesn't happen in real life and it's a lot of pretending, they're trying to make it more and more realistic for some fans that want it but i don't think it's possible but i personally don't want that and the sims feel real enough to me in The Sims 2 especially when they look at you... LOL, in theory putting real life situations into a game sounds cool but when you do it's just really boring, it's just like "Oh yeh... there's that sim stealing my stuff..." but because eventually you start making a balanced amount of money for your sim where they can pay for stuff but don't have too much money you can just rebuy what they stole LOL. Something about the Robbers though just makes it SO much more exciting and scared lol.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    While I am sort of happy the fireman is back, I would have welcomed the burglars even more because they were in the game since Sims 1 and liked them more.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    What we should be asking is...if we have got firefighters and repomen with this pack, what kind of pack will Maxis eventually put burglars in? I'm sure they'll come sometime.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    While I am sort of happy the fireman is back, I would have welcomed the burglars even more because they were in the game since Sims 1 and liked them more.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Long as I can meet my burglar with a sawed-off shotgun...no? aw, poo.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Now that we have firemen, I think it's all the more likely that burglars will come eventually. In any case, it makes it clear that they're aware of how much we want the missing NPCs added to TS4.
  • Kate2450Kate2450 Posts: 21 Member
    while I will say I miss this feature, there was nothing worse than finally being able to afford a stove or a shower and then getting robbed that night.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Long as I can meet my burglar with a sawed-off shotgun...no? aw, poo.

Given some of the mods by Sacrificial, I think that's actually possible. If burglars do come to the game, I think I'm gonna take full advantage of that. As I tended to do with vampire break-ins..... And I say I don't do anything in this game that I wouldn't in real life. Whoops!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I always loved it when my sims would fight the burglar in Sims 3 (he,he,he).
    I would so love that in Sims 4.😍
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now hopefully them implement them I'm a way that doesn't get them nerfed like vampire break ins 😭😭😭😭😭 (still salty)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • writer21098writer21098 Posts: 19 Member
    I am so excited to see firemen in my game when the patch drops <3 <3 , but I really don't want burglars. :# :# Probably unpopular opinion, but I hated them in TS2 and TS3. They were annoying and stupid. I feel like if we did get them, we need a switch for each NPC and there could be a way to turn them on or off depending on whether or not we wanted them. :)