Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    BitterSweet-xoBitterSweet-xo Posts: 2 New Member
    Im running the game on the macOS. I tried opening it and downloading on a different browsers but I still had the same issue. The only option it gives me is to download and "add to game"
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Im running the game on the macOS. I tried opening it and downloading on a different browsers but I still had the same issue. The only option it gives me is to download and "add to game"
    Okay, I'm not within reach of the macOS right now but I can/will be later and will see what happens on my various browsers. Although someone else with the required insight may be able to offer a suggestion before I am able to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @BitterSweet-xo The store can be a bit finicky in macOS, but it almost always works for me. Try using Firefox, which is more reliable than Safari or Chrome. Open the launcher before downloading. When you click Download, you should get a pop-up that asks what you want to use to "open" the download. Choose "The Sims3" with the green plumbob icon next to it, and click Open Link. If the base game isn't among the choices, select Choose other Application, and choose the base game icon from the list.

Please also make sure Firefox isn't set to block pop-ups entirely. Depending on your settings, it can give you a warning (a yellow banner across the top of the window) that says it blocked a pop-up from the site, or you may not see that at all. Either whitelist the store, or temporarily allow pop-ups while you're downloading content.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @AccurateDino That is going to be a great system, and as igazor said, over the top for Sims 3, not that it's a bad thing. If you want a second opinion though, I have a few thoughts:
    • Spend the extra $10 or whatever and get 3200 MHz RAM. Ryzen processors love fast memory.
    • While the SSD is more than fast enough for Sims 3, Windows and possibly other apps you might want to run will be faster on an NVMe SSD. Of course, they're more expensive. You could also install one at some later point if you decide you want one; it's quite simple, easier even than installing a SATA SSD, since there are no cables involved.
    • No idea what more intensive gaming you're doing, but a 2070 Super will run most games* out there at well above 60 Hz in FHD (1920x1080), and often even in QHD. Whether having such a fast GPU is beneficial or massive overkill depends not only on what games you plan to play, but also on the resolution and refresh rate of your monitor: playing on a 60 Hz FHD monitor, your computer wouldn't be able to use all that extra speed in almost any current game. Besides, a card that nice deserves a monitor that can display its full capabilities.
    • If you're thinking of futureproofing for games that haven't been released, it's probably better to get a merely very good card now and plan on upgrading it in three years or so. At the rate GPUs are improving, the 2070S will likely be bypassed by somewhat cheaper cards in a few years, plus there will probably be some new very cool technology that current cards don't even support but which new ones run easily.**
    Still, this system, with or without any tweaks, should run Sims 3 as well as it's possible to run the game.

*In case you're interested in benchmarks for your favorite games:
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-2060-Super-Desktop-vs-GeForce-RTX-2070-Super-Desktop_9893_9892.247598.0.html

** A good current example would be Raytracing, which works (barely) on some 10-series cards, to a limited extent on the 1660 ti, and very well on 20-series GPUs, which were built for it. There aren't currently that many games that employ Raytracing at all, and fewer that take full advantage, but more are coming, and it will probably be a standard feature of high-end games before long.
  • Options
    peachmcnpeachmcn Posts: 3 New Member
    hello, my cc will no longer appear in my game, i cleared the cache, checked deviceconfig, but the only cc that shows up is store content. i recently installed and uninstalled ccmagic so i am unsure if that is related.
  • Options
    Alice01aAlice01a Posts: 8 New Member
    Cannot click on sim for self-interaction when at home

Can’t click on his phone ethier he works perfectly fine outside of the home lot. And it seems to only effect him. This is a long term save file about 4 generation in but I save as regularly, I’ve tried resting him the town, moving house but nothing has works so far
  • Options
    magrgu16magrgu16 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello, I have been here before. I am a big fan of Sims 3 and have been playing it on my laptop for about a year and a half now. It has not been without issues, but I've managed to make it work (until now). For background, in addition to the base game I play Pets, University, Seasons, Late Night, Island Paradise, Generations, and have one stuff pack. I also use mods and a bit of CC.

I know my computer is not the best to run the game (its a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S) but it what I have to work with at the moment. My problem is that while I am playing, my game will just stop and the screen will become all static. If I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up again, I'll be kicked back to my desktop screen. I play in windowed mode, so I can open the game window and get back to it. It's just a big interruption, and it happens every 3-5 minutes during game play. I want to figure out how to fix this. I've included (what I think is) my dxdiag. Please let me know if you see anything that is causing my problems with game play, or if you have a suggestion for me to try. Thanks!

dxdiag:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 6/29/2020, 17:00:06
    Machine name: LAPTOP-A8OU1SER
    Machine Id: {624C414E-5B1E-4C28-9FB0-96E201CD9CD0}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 81FB
    BIOS: 7WCN37WW (type: UEFI)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 7058MB RAM
    Page File: 3636MB used, 4573MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: Unknown
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Mobile Graphics
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15DD)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_C4
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 4538 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1009 MB
    Shared Memory: 3529 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red(0.584961,0.363281), Green(0.349609,0.579102), Blue(0.162109,0.142578), White Point(0.312500,0.328125)
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: BOE0700
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.027Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0327981.inf_amd64_436272295b4cee3f\B326924\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0327981.inf_amd64_436272295b4cee3f\B326924\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0327981.inf_amd64_436272295b4cee3f\B326924\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0327981.inf_amd64_436272295b4cee3f\B326924\amdxc64.dll
    Driver File Version: 23.20.0822.2304 (English)
    Driver Version: 23.20.822.2304
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.3
    Graphics Preemption: DMA
    Compute Preemption: DMA
    Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
    Detachable GPU: No
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Virtualization: Not Supported
    Block List: No Blocks
    Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:False
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/10/2018 7:00:00 PM, 1958256 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-569D-11CF-1A7D-371B7FC2DA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x15DD
    SubSys ID: 0x380117AA
    Revision ID: 0x00C4
    Driver Strong Name: oem10.inf:cb0ae414bd67b00a:ati2mtag_RavenDS:23.20.822.2304:pci\ven_1002&dev_15dd&subsys_380117aa&rev_c4
    Rank Of Driver: 00CF0000
    Video Accel: Unknown
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_Progressive_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG4pt2_VLD_AdvSimple_NoGMC DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main10 DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_Profile0 DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_10bit_Profile2
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
    DXVA-HD: Not Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    MPO MaxPlanes: 2
    MPO Caps: ROTATION,VERTICAL_FLIP,HORIZONTAL_FLIP,YUV,BILINEAR,STRETCH_YUV,HDR (MPO3)
    MPO Stretch: 16.000X - 0.250X
    MPO Media Hints: rotation, resizing, colorspace Conversion
    MPO Formats: NV12,420_OPAQUE
    PanelFitter Caps: ROTATION,VERTICAL_FLIP,HORIZONTAL_FLIP,YUV,BILINEAR,STRETCH_YUV,HDR (MPO3)
    PanelFitter Stretch: 16.000X - 0.250X

Name: AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_15E1&SUBSYS_15E11022&REV_00\4&26C23DB9&0&0441
    Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBXHCI.SYS, 10.00.18362.0900 (English), 6/18/2020 23:52:30, 531768 bytes
    Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\UsbXhciCompanion.dll, 10.00.18362.0900 (English), 6/18/2020 23:52:30, 132256 bytes

Name: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Mobile Graphics
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_15DD&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_C4\4&26C23DB9&0&0041
  • Options
    @magrgu16 - As per our last conversation about this system.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17121920/#Comment_17121920

You are welcome and should be encouraged to seek a second opinion. For example, I can see that the drivers for your integrated graphics chip are a couple of years out of date. But while that should be tended to by seeking updated drivers through the manufacturer's site if available (Lenovo), I really don't think that's going to solve your game's performance issues especially with the heaviest of the EPs in play.

A good place to seek an informed second opinion would be EA's Answers.HQ board. Note that there are no New Member restrictions for posting tech questions there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    PumaShadowPumaShadow Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, new to the forum but not to Sims 3, though there is still much to learn. I have been having this issue: I create a single male and give him strong romance abilities. He starts having children out of wedlock, a lot of them. I decide to see how many kids he can have, give him fertility. They start dying. A lot. I get a message that they died, usually from fire or electrocution (even infants or toddlers), and occasionally starvation or drowning.

I start going to all their houses and fire proofing the stoves and removing the BBQ grills. Fire deaths reduce but electrocution deaths rise. What's going on here? The town still has room for population growth. Sometimes after my character has spent a lot of time with a child, before he even gets home the child dies a tragic death. Now the world he is in is modded, and I am using mods as well in the game. I have had this happen before, but not to this extent. A character could have, say, ten kids and one dies. Ok, that is a statistic. Now, a character has maybe 16 kids and over half of them die before reaching teen.

Also, the aging doesn't always work right. One child can be born and stays a toddler and all the younger brothers and sisters grow into children and teens before this one ages up. I mean it is weird enough that twins don't always have the same birthday.

Why are the progeny of these characters dying so frequently? At some point, I wanted to see how many generations I could get with a variety of cousins, and see how the genetics of this one guy can influence a town.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Thanks, @igazor

I am looking at purchasing this laptop to play Sims 3 on instead. Would you mind taking a look at it for me and giving me your opinion?

https://www.amazon.com/i5-9300H-GeForce-MaxxAudio-retroiluminado-AN515-54-5812/dp/B086KJBKDW/ref=pd_ybh_a_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9PS54YPPA6AD060EVF2S
  • Options
    @magrgu16 - That laptop would be much stronger on the components across the board than what you have now, I mean like night and day differences, and kudos for finding one that strong at that price level that is even showing as in stock these days. But it only has a 256 GB drive and no secondary one (which is to be expected at that price point). It's a Solid State Drive (SSD), which is also great for TS3, but many players would find they have to constantly struggle to maintain enough free space on it over time. Larger SSDs will drive the price tag up, though it would be better if you can find a similar system with at least a 512 GB drive.

What would be the upper limit on your budget, currently?

Paging a shopping expert, sorry we're all out of catnip here.
    @puzzlezaddict
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    @PumaShadow - I would have to say that you experiencing a couple of different unfortunate things there.

Under EA standard, we aren't necessarily meant to be all that concerned with how inactive household around the ones we are playing age and progress as they pretty much exist for the comfort, convenience, and amusement of our one active household. Babies and toddlers in particular will sometimes just be pushed to age up for no apparent reasons. But it's also the case that bringing sims of any age into CAS or any of its subsets will randomize their ages within their current age stage once you are finished, hence twins not being the same age after a while even in actively played households and even if things like life fruit and soy milk are not in play.

Aside from that, or in addition, often under EA standard with or without story progression active worlds will get stuck in some sort of over-populated or out of balance mode and culling (removal of sims then showing as having died or just no longer present in the world) will happen as a totally unnecessary emergency step to keep the population down or more even by age stage. More so than uneven aging, that can ruin games for players who are watching over their worlds closely and possibly playing more than one household in turns/rotations. It doesn't matter if there is still room on the map for more households, the upper limit for world populations differ the EA way and it's never really clear if the calculations that take place include homeless NPCs or not because whatever it's doing, after a couple of generations usually, is too distressing to the player to work with.

You mentioned mod usage, but do you have any NRaas mods in play? The MasterController version of CAS does not allow randomization of existing sims' ages. NRaas StoryProgression does not allow culling or emigration of sims out of our worlds unless we switch its emigration feature on ourselves, which is actually quite difficult to arrange so it cannot really be done by accident. Under SP, sims need to have really died by old age or some unfortunate accident viewable as acted out if we had been watching them rather than by calculation. Also under SP, when a world reaches its adjustable population cap then no more sims are immigrated in nor do pregnancies/adoptions happen except by player command, but resident sims already present are not pushed into dying or leaving. SP also provides us with tools to leverage rotational play properly, for those interested, so that major life-changing forms of progression do not happen to "our" households while we are busy playing a different one.

Another alternative is AwesomeMod, which has a different way of handling many of the above items. But Awesome is a single Core Mod and not nearly as customizable as the NRaas solutions.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    That's okay, I don't really need catnip right now, I have this whole pile of crash dumps and... never mind.

@magrgu16 I answered you on the AHQ site, but in case you haven't seen that yet, you've found an excellent computer for the price. The same laptop from Best Buy is almost $100 more, and in the last few months or so, I haven't seen any other models with an Nvidia 1650 on sale for less than about $650, at least not new. So this one would be a very good option.

It does have only a small hard drive, which should be fine if the laptop is only for Sims 3 and apps that don't take much storage, e.g. browsers and music players. If you want more storage than that though, the Acer is still probably the best option—you could buy a second hard drive separately and still save money over the available laptops with more storage. Acer makes it relatively easy to add memory or a second hard drive too; it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Depending on your preferences, you could get a 500 GB SATA solid state drive for $50, a 500 GB NVMe SSD (3-6 times faster) for $60, or a 2.5" 1 TB HDD (mechanical drive) for $45. Surprisingly, the Acer has both a free M.2 slot and an empty 2.5" drive bay; any hard drive of the appropriate form factor would fit. For example:

2.5" SATA SSD: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGC3JKQ
    M.2 NVMe SSD: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2WBKXF
    2.5" HDD (5400 RPM): https://www.adorama.com/sest1000lm48.html

Sims 3 (and pretty much any other game out there) won't benefit from being installed on an NVMe SSD rather than a SATA SSD, although it will load much faster on an SSD than an HDD. So if your goal is to install games on the secondary drive, it's better to get some kind of SSD. But you don't have to upgrade right away; you can wait until you're running low on storage, when you have a better idea of what the purpose of the second drive would be.
  • Options
    featherlullabyfeatherlullaby Posts: 7 New Member
    This is a pretty dumb question. IDK if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find anything or make it work regardless: can teens take selfies (and with other Sims)? I've been trying to get my teen Sim to take a picture with her sister but I can't. I fiddled with NRaas but no dice.
  • Options
    Thank you very much @igazor and @puzzlezaddict !! I took the money I saved from my canceled vacation this spring and went ahead and bought the new Nitro 5. It should be here tomorrow. I can't wait ti play. Thanks again to both of your for your computer advice.
  • Options
    SybeiriaSybeiria Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello,

I started to play the Sims 3. Never played before and I love it, BUT I have laggs sometimes frezzes. I got all addons (20 of them). I mean it looks like I have the game on 20 to 30 FPS if not lower.

So how could I fix that? I played Sims 4 without any problems (Ok sometimes small lag spikes.)

I tought to disable some addons (Like Ino the Future - I dont use it). What could I also disable that doesn't give me a lot new stuffs?

And yes my Laptop isn't the best but still Sims isn't soooo needy for graphic. I also have everything on LOW even the resolution on the minimum.

My specs are: Intel HD Graphics 620, Intel Core i3-7020U CPU 2,30Ghz with 4gb of RAM

Thank you
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @Sybeiria - I'm afraid your system is underpowered to be running TS3 and all 11 EPs (the Stuff Packs don't really add any measurable overhead). First issue is that with only 4 GB of RAM total, there won't be enough RAM to to service the game after Windows grabs what it and other system related processes require and I'm assuming here you are on Win 10 or 8.1 by now. The game does not react well to lack of RAM, it is not stable when it needs to use virtual memory, and there will always be limits as to how far you can bring worlds and how long play sessions can really last before trouble starts or the game crashes/cannot be saved.

The second is that with integrated Intel graphics, the heaviest of the EPs would likely be out of the question as they practically require a dedicated graphics card of sufficient strength to preserve performance. Those are, in order, Pets, Seasons, IP, and ITF. Some of the others would be kind of in between on their impact.

The third issue is that your processor probably isn't strong enough to carry the heavier EPs either in a smooth manner but that becomes kind of moot because of the lack of a dedicated graphics card.

That's not to say you can't play TS3 at all on that laptop as long as you have a way to keep it ventilated and cool (a cooling pad might help). But realistically we would be talking about the base game and maybe a few of the earliest released EPs up through perhaps Generations, on no more than low to medium graphics settings in Game Options, and restricted to worlds that we know are gentler to play than others such as Sunset Valley, Riverview, and Twinbrook. Is this really the strongest computer within reach to play the game right now?
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor
    First thank you for the quick reply. I uninstalled ITF, IP and Supernatural. Works better. Sadly I cant have/get a better PC. But I guess it works on 30 FPS its not smooth but better than earlier.
    Kinda funny, SIMS 4 worked for me on 50 FPS. :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @Sybeiria - Part of the game (so to speak) then becomes keeping one's ongoing gameplay below the point where it overwhelms your system and starts to act up sooner than it otherwise would on stronger hardware. Perhaps this page will help.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

TS4 is a very different game and has different needs. It started out being more suitable for lower end systems than TS3 ever was but that has changed over time and with its own EPs carrying different kinds of loads. Basically it's still more processor and less graphics intensive, but it's still difficult to draw complete comparisons between the two because they are programmed so differently. Not having an open world or story progression definitely works in TS4's favor in terms of performance, but then these things are also a huge part of the fun for those of us who prefer TS3.

Frankly, they are also both a mess as these games tend to become after a while through their development cycle, but TS3 more so as the 11 EPs were never really optimized to all run together. Thus we really do require stronger systems to run them all than we might otherwise have needed to in order to compensate.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor Thanks again, Gonna stick with now and try this "mods" to improve performance. Maybe gonna downgrade to sims 2 even if it doesnt have such good gameplay as Sims3
  • Options
    AustinlikessneksAustinlikessneks Posts: 1 New Member
    I play sims 3 on Xbox 360. Is there any way to download content from the sims store and put it on Xbox 360
  • Options
    @Austinlikessneks - I'm afraid not. I don't think the TS3 Store was ever relevant for the console versions of TS3 but it did at one time have its own Exchange that served up player made creations. EA shut the servers down on the console versions of TS3 a couple of years ago, so there is no longer anything for the console games to connect to.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    sorry for making a comment but no one has responded to my comment, i still cant get any of my cc to show up anymore and ive looked at other threads abt this and nothing there has worked for me
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    peachmcn wrote: »
    sorry for making a comment but no one has responded to my comment, i still cant get any of my cc to show up anymore and ive looked at other threads abt this and nothing there has worked for me
    Sorry that you seem to have been skipped over there.

I've never successfully used CCMagic, but if you have uninstalled it then it stands to take your CC with it. I recall being very careful to make a spare copy of my entire TS3 user game folder (in Documents) before even trying CCMagic in the past and just put that one back with no harm done after I decided that the program just wasn't going to work out for me both times that I tried it.

I take it that just reinstalling your CC isn't working either. What happens if you pull out your TS3 user game folder from Documents, thus allowing a new one to spawn to take its place on the next startup, and work with that one? All of your store content, installed worlds, saves, etc. won't be there but they will still be safe in the pulled out folder and can be dealt with once things are working properly again. But on a clean, no-content game folder, can you then install some small amount of CC and have it show up in-game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > (Quote)
    > Sorry that you seem to have been skipped over there.
    >
    > I've never successfully used CCMagic, but if you have uninstalled it then it stands to take your CC with it. I recall being very careful to make a spare copy of my entire TS3 user game folder (in Documents) before even trying CCMagic in the past and just put that one back with no harm done after I decided that the program just wasn't going to work out for me both times that I tried it.
    >
    > I take it that just reinstalling your CC isn't working either. What happens if you pull out your TS3 user game folder from Documents, thus allowing a new one to spawn to take its place on the next startup, and work with that one? All of your store content, installed worlds, saves, etc. won't be there but they will still be safe in the pulled out folder and can be dealt with once things are working properly again. But on a clean, no-content game folder, can you then install some small amount of CC and have it show up in-game?

thank you so much its working now! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top