Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play evil sims?

For the first time ever, I'm playing an evil sim and it's less fun than imagined so far. In theory, it sounds great but I didn't imagine my evil sim to not have any friends. It's getting kind of old how he fights with literally everyone. I want him to have some sort of relationship but when left alone he keeps insulting everyone. I do have the More Personality, Please mod and that might make it worse? But I don't want to take it out because of all of my other sims.

So, how do you handle evil sims? Do you even play them?

Comments

• ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I have the same issue. I tried playing with an evil sim a while ago but he ended up insulting his wife and kids all of the time and making the whole house miserable lol. I actually got offended on behalf of the child he was yelling at, maybe it isn’t the gameplay for me? :D
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2020
    Evil trait itself doesn't do much. You get the evil laugh animation and some moodlets. If you want your sim to be truly evil, you have to be the mastermind behind their actions. You could have your sim hate for a certain age group for example, always act mean to those sims and maybe start a hate club.

To your question how I play my evil sims. One of my evil sims is Juno Black the daughter of a feared criminal Rita Black who is now a ghost. Juno abandoned her childhood home in Oasis Springs and moved to San Myshuno business district. She took the family "butler" (played sim living with them) with her but he passed away recently. I plan to get her a real butler now. Juno is the leader of a gang called Oasis Mafia and they gather to play don't wake llama in one of my shadier community lot. Recently Juno kidnapped a child of my other family and held him as a hostage for a while. I intend to write a story of it but kind of missing inspiration. I wrote the first part but it's difficult for me to get in the mindset of an evil sim.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have no idea, I played the criminal career with an evil sim so most fun I had was from that, I walked around and stole money and tried to create a gang.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Thenyoukissme Glad I'm not alone in this. Maybe it might not be for me either. 😅 He can't even get a girlfriend like this. Do you also have the mod?

@Musteni It's probably the Have More Personality, Please mod then because it's definitely the evil trait that makes my sim like this. None of my other sims are like this, except for the two who are evil.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I never play evil sims. I don't find the traits fun at all.

Somehow evil = really rude in the sims. They are so obvious. I would love a trait where sims can have more calculating, psychopathic behaviour. That is evil to me. Although I'm not sure how well that would fit into a T rated game.
    giphy.gif
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 Exactly. That's more like what I had in mind. I wanted to create surface-level charmers who are evil underneath the facade, not sims who keep beating up others all the time. :D
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That's funny that's mostly how I play most my evil sims - as a charming psychopath. I do control them though and I don't use mods. Usually I get them the friend of the world aspiration so they can start off with a great relationship with anyone just by greeting them (along with other aspirations). Usually they are mean in private.. and it's usually tailored to who I want them to be mean too.
    Maybe they tweaked them to be meaner? I haven't seen that and I really hope not. It would break the way I play them. The reputation thing though usually gets bad but I often try to keep it pretty neutral because they are evil/mean to some folks and not to others. Also depending on how I use clubs it can add another layer to how people respond to them. I don't usually put them in an infamous group unless I just want them to be hated. You can also put them in a famous group to get an initial boost of likability.
    I think you just have to know how to play with the game and what traits and other options to use to make the play more satisfying to you.
    I have played downright mean/evil sims and going down the mischief path with careers and aspirations makes it pretty fun.. it's just not how I see real evil. That's usually how I see stupid/mean.
    egTcBMc.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I play with no mods and find evil sims polite 99% of the time. They make the odd insult here and there and laugh but otherwise they have no issue making friends.

The only way I can make a difference is to create an infamous club for them and set activities to "be mean".

Mean sims can often be meaner than evil sims and hot-headed sims make enemies much easier than the rest by riling sims up then fighting them.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have no mods and a family of two evil sims with a good child (trait rolled at random). I thought it would be hell for both parents and kid but they are getting along mostly just fine. Sometimes child receives sad moodlets from "good vs evil" but nothing dramatic. And this upsets me a lot. Also autonomously they are usually pretty neutral with others jumping from insults to gossiping and jokes.

I also would like to hear others' ideas about criminal activities for evil sims. I have a "gang" club for playing cards and being mean to others. Also my sim can pick-pocket from career abilities. The last thing I'm yet to try is raising sim handiness to break into someone's safe from Get Famous. But that's pretty much all I can think about and nothing of it (besides bank robbery) stands as super criminal/evil to me. Any other ideas for criminal activities our evil sims can participate in? And how to make them more evil?
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have a few evil Vampires and Sirens, but it's like @musteni said - evil laught and a few moodlets - that's it. Unfortunately. I never saw them get into a fight on their own, for example. I'm always the one who has to push 'em :(. Even if they're enemies, they start a freindly chat with eachother.
    The fact that Sirens can't drown Sims and Vampires can't suck Sims to death doesn't make it any better. And since I don't play with mods, it just happens in my head.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I enjoy playing with my evil warlock who uses his magic to mess up other Sims' lives.
    I don't make my evil Sims normally be openly mean. I think they're more intelligent than that. A lot of my evil Sims act friendly towards Sims, but they secretly plan ruining their lives behind their backs. >:)
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Right now I have two evil Sims. One with the trait and one without.

The one without the trait I purposefully didn’t assign the trait and play him as an evil fiend who loves selling forgeries while making his way up through the Boss branch of the Criminal career.

The other is a townie who had a high relationship with another sim I play so I got them together. She’s in the Business career and she causes mischief only to her co-workers as she goes up the career ladder. She loves my sim and their kid but because of the trait she gets happy when one gets hurt or upset which leads to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 moments.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I've played evil sims, I make them enslave people, kill people, etc.
    My last evil sim got into a fight with his wife who recently gave birth to a daughter and lost because she was insane, so he died because of that, then she died because she aged up to elder after giving birth then got into a fight and failed the survival roll VS death since she is old. To play evil sims; you will need mods, I use death procs to have sims die when the evil sim wins a fight as a way for them to be killing someone, there is a mod that allows you do actually murder sims but that mods a lil extreme for me. It requires creativity in order to play evil sims, heck, you can be a murder, a gangster, a mobster, etc, those are examples on how to play evil sims.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A lot of my sims are evil/mafia type sims and will be in the criminal career or double agent branch career (can’t remember it’s exact name). I did find with one of my sims they could get into fights without any warning and with full relationships maxed out. The worst was he got in a fight with his wife on her birthday she had just finished having her dinner and he just fought her out of nowhere. They had full bars in both relationships as well. It did add some drama to my game. Another sim I have had recently killed off the landgraab family one by one by keeping them prisoner and starving them to death for revenge. Some of my best stories are with evil/mean/hot headed sims.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Evil sims are beyond frustrating. They're impossible to have relationships with of any kind.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    With mods.

I dont see any difference between an evil sim and a mean sim. I'd love to see some diabolical updates to the evil trait. Evil sims as they are arent much different from mean ones.
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I have an evil Sim and he is alwasy the one to go cry near the graves of other sims. I think evil sims are not that evil, from my experience. Negative traits are not very negative in the game imo, just shows how lacking in challange and flaw the game is.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2020
    Remember that evil does not necessarily mean chaotic. Chaotic Evil is certainly a thing, but as you have found simply being cruel for the sake of being cruel leads to a pretty limited experience. Remember, evil people also get married, they have friends, and they often do normally accepted things in society.

I mostly play evil characters in video games and tabletop games, The Sims included. My primary save features a two adult sims and their now young adult child who became vampires deliberately in order to live forever. They throw lavish balls for their best friends, of which there are many. The Goths, the Calientes, the Landgraabs, the Bjergsens, Diego Lobo, the Kahananuis, Nalani Mahi'ai, and even legend of stage and screen Judith Ward have been guests at Fledermaus Manor. The guests dine on the finest cuisine, impeccably prepared and dance the night away in bliss. And as they are being fattened up they are fed upon one by one, and are drained until they stumble out into the breaking dawn feeling sick, weak and not exactly sure what happened in the last 8 hours.

It's only a single example. Use your imagination; your creativity. What would an evil character do to both function in society and yet satisfy their darker urges?
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    For the first time ever, I'm playing an evil sim and it's less fun than imagined so far. In theory, it sounds great but I didn't imagine my evil sim to not have any friends. It's getting kind of old how he fights with literally everyone. I want him to have some sort of relationship but when left alone he keeps insulting everyone. I do have the More Personality, Please mod and that might make it worse? But I don't want to take it out because of all of my other sims.

So, how do you handle evil sims? Do you even play them?

I start a club with the highest comradery by cheating in the points needed, for the evil sims where they can be mean and rotten to everyone but each other. I have the club for friendly interations amongst themselves. By doing this it allows them to have friends or at least someone to call to establish an alibi a good lawyer to get the charges dropped against them. Also, I use a lot of Sacrificial mods, Basemental mods and Slice of Life. These mods work well together.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm..

I have not gotten much use out of the evil-trait. I use mean and hot-headed all the time and find them fun to play with.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I tapped in my little dark side & made a very attractive female sim with Mischief 10, Mean, Evil, Kleptomaniac & Player Traits. She also had the highest level in Astronaut Smuggler,
    Criminal Oracle & Secret Agent Triple Agent.

She eventually developed the
    Infamous Reputation with certain sims wanting her to join a secret club.

She became a Black Widow, Serial Married, woohooed in a Rocketship,
    woohooed at different Venues,
    woohooed the Grim Reaper,
    woohooed a Ghost
    And
    had about 7 boyfriends @ the same time.

The Very Wild Vixen. Lol 😜